Igor Thiago
All I said was “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.OK, maybe not a rule - but generally accepted as a no-go subject. Either way - can we now stop it.
All I said was “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.OK, maybe not a rule - but generally accepted as a no-go subject. Either way - can we now stop it.
He already has; sorry Ivan, Bryan (and that other bloke that left) but he's the fastest for us to reach double figures in the PL!Toney scored 12 goals in his first PL season
Mbeumo only made it into double figures once, last season
The one who plays for Newcastle only managed 14 in his first 68 PL appearances
Igor is going to smash records. And then smash some more records.
I think we need to find God too and prayDo we know if Thiago is in fact injured and what the issue is? Need to know before I change the bed linen later!
And when they fail to sign him their supporters will blame PSR again.Aston Villa are eyeing a surprise £50m move for Brentford's 24-year-old Brazilian striker Igor Thiago, who has scored 11 Premier League goals so far this season. BBC Gossip page
Thankkkk God for that. And he is training the future Brentford number 9s up too
Loan with obligation FC aren’t spending £50m on anybody in January, never mind ANOTHER striker.Aston Villa are eyeing a surprise £50m move for Brentford's 24-year-old Brazilian striker Igor Thiago, who has scored 11 Premier League goals so far this season. BBC Gossip page
Refer to previous threads, You might as well wipe your arse with your car insurance, especially if someone sets fire to your motor.I hope I never have to claim on my car insurance, but it’s worthwhile to have a back- up, just in case.
I wouldn't be commenting on it if it was a purely personal thing, but it's not kept personal with these players running to the camera's to praise their god when they score, and Thiago is particularly "on the nose" with his "it's not me scoring goals it's god". Keep religion off the field and we can keep it off the GPG as well.Mods - I always thought that religion was a no-go on the Grapevine. If so - can we now stop all references to IT's (and others)religious beliefs - it's a purely personal thing and absolutely no concern to anybody else.
If you think you know, then pray tell.There is a theme of commenting about Thiagos obvious references to his beliefs in his celebrations . All not complimentary. Never saw or heard any when Mbeumo and Wissa did them . I wonder why? I think I know.
I agree and all I'm asking is that he keep his religious beliefs to himself and not run to the nearest camera to tell us all about them every time he scores.His religious beliefs are his own business as are everyone's
Are you suggesting he’s not allowed to celebrate goals in the manner he is? Good luck with that my friend.I wouldn't be commenting on it if it was a purely personal thing, but it's not kept personal with these players running to the camera's to praise their god when they score, and Thiago is particularly "on the nose" with his "it's not me scoring goals it's god". Keep religion off the field and we can keep it off the GPG as well.
Cast on under those baggy trackie bottoms?
Possible calipers on both legs looking at how he is standing?
I think that there is a difference between trying to proselytise posters, although i don't see why people can't discuss religion on the Chit Chat forum, and discussing players' motivation which is more of an empirical fact and seems weird to rule out, just like people mention players' families etcI wouldn't be commenting on it if it was a purely personal thing, but it's not kept personal with these players running to the camera's to praise their god when they score, and Thiago is particularly "on the nose" with his "it's not me scoring goals it's god". Keep religion off the field and we can keep it off the GPG as well.
Why? I like his celebration.I agree and all I'm asking is that he keep his religious beliefs to himself and not run to the nearest camera to tell us all about them every time he scores.
Would you eliminate all religious jewelry in workplaces? Observe no religiously informed dietary restrictions at work dos? Make everyone work over Easter and Christmas?If you think you know, then pray tell.
For me, the football field is their workplace, and they should keep their religion out of their workplace.
Think that's up to himI agree and all I'm asking is that he keep his religious beliefs to himself and not run to the nearest camera to tell us all about them every time he scores.
I think observing the fact of Igor’s faith and that of several other players (it’s a big thing for JDS helping him keep going, Dango thanks god on social media after each goal) ought to be fine. If people want to argue that one, other or all are wrong to do so or to start theological debate, there are other places for that.I don’t recall that being a rule or coming up before. Not saying it shouldn’t be as it’s probably equally likely to cause offence (intended or not) as politics.
![]()
I wouldn't be commenting on it if it was a purely personal thing, but it's not kept personal with these players running to the camera's to praise their god when they score, and Thiago is particularly "on the nose" with his "it's not me scoring goals it's god". Keep religion off the field and we can keep it off the GPG as well.
Well whatever the case this has gone off topic so no more posts on this thread (at least) on the subject
![]()
Congratulations! This must surely be the first time that the world proselytise has been used on the gpg.I think that there is a difference between trying to proselytise posters, although i don't see why people can't discuss religion on the Chit Chat forum, and discussing players' motivation which is more of an empirical fact and seems weird to rule out, just like people mention players' families etc
Wildly outperforming xG/unsustainable/will revert to the mean........... some might say.............??..............According to statmuse: 19 shots on target, 32 shots total. 23.1% conversion rate.
View attachment 61868
View attachment 61867
No worries. I see that yours was posted just a minute after. Have deleted the others which are carrying on an off topic chat.Sorry I was already drafting this![]()
I've checked three websites and got different numbers:Wildly outperforming xG/unsustainable/will revert to the mean........... some might say.............??..............![]()
Who does not have an interest in existential questions of the ontological premises of the numinous?Congratulations! This must surely be the first time that the world proselytise has been used on the gpg.
Generally speaking, anyone who focuses exclusively on the tangible, empirical, or immediate material world might not prioritize abstract existential, ontological, or numinous inquiries.Who does not have an interest in existential questions of the ontological premises of the numinous?
Surely the basis of a 'you'll never sing that!' chant
I make him two appearances shy of David McCulloch's top-tier record for the club, set in 1937-38.
![]()
Igor Thiago reaches double figures to break Ivan Toney’s Premier League goal record | Brentford FC
Igor Thiago’s brace in Brentford’s 3–1 win over Burnley made him the fastest Bees player to reach 10 Premier League goals. With 12 this term, he’s among Europe’www.brentfordfc.com

Your pie sirNo of course not, and it’s nothing to do with fitness. It’s just an observation based on the four times I’ve seen him play. We have had players that have fitted into Premier League football instantly like Hickey did when he arrived and like Kayode looks like he will do. Equally, others such as Wissa and Damsgaard have taken more time to adapt. In the latter’s case injury may well have been a part of that and it could be the same for Igor. As I said, I think he’s going to be a wonderful player for us but I suspect he’s going to take a little longer to adapt. Nothing will please me more than to be eating humble pie come the end of August…
He can thank who he likes, he might also be acknowledging his late father.I don’t care how he celebrates just love him scoring goals, keep it up IT
Thanks for the heads up. It very clear that he feels the need to be loved to perform to his best. KA is very positive when talking about him which must help, plus us singing Gold really lifts him.PL in depth interview on TNT 4 right now
We were top of the table for three months from November to February.Good spot. To be anywhere near McCulloch's strike rate is unbelievable:
1935/36 - 26 in 26
1936/37 - 31 in 41
1937/38 - 26 in 41
In 37/38 we beat champions Arsenal 2-0 away and 3-0 at home before losing our last two games to "only" finish 6th (for the second year in a row)![]()
Cor !We were top of the table for three months from November to February.
Just watched it. Fantastic stuff. His background story will make life sweeter if he’s playing in the World Cup next year.PL in depth interview on TNT 4 right now
Probably true and club will know this. In fact some might say the best time to sell is now !Wildly outperforming xG/unsustainable/will revert to the mean........... some might say.............??..............![]()