I think if Hendo had followed up a save by the keeper he would have been penalised for encroachment since he enters the D before the kick is taken.He makes the run-up ‘stutter’ as the ‘keeper transfers his weight having committed to direction, so Thiago is getting better at focusing on that, allowing placement over power. It was also noticeable that Henderson and Jensen were following up faster than any Newcastle player in the event of a save. I’d assume this is all part of a training routine.
I thought he was there quickly!I think if Hendo had followed up a save by the keeper he would have been penalised for encroachment since he enters the D before the kick is taken.
At his age he probably needs a head start!I thought he was there quickly!
Massive game for IT on Thursday in terms of his World Cup ambitions/chances.
On the back of a superb season so far, an impressive performance/goal(s) against PL Champions elect in this week's biggest game would surely send a message that Ancelotti couldn't ignore. (And get noticed by the Brazilian public).
IITWT!!!!
You can do it!! Come on!!!
Unlike Tony and Bryan, who I expected to score every penalty, I always think Thiago is going to miss, I think it's something about his body language, I don't know if it's just a ruse!I did not enjoy is penalties, but the last two have been quality so I am growing on confidence now.
you win the most unusual user name contestUnlike Tony and Bryan, who I expected to score every penalty, I always think Thiago is going to miss, I think it's something about his body language, I don't know if it's just a ruse!
He was brilliant, were you at the game?Powerful display tonight. Notably stronger in aerial duels than on some occasions recently. Continues to work on his game and tick off the boxes.
I was. Did you read my post (the one you quoted)?He was brilliant, were you at the game?
Disagree to some extent. One of those players that gets better when in the rhythm of playing regularly.He needs some rest, the amount of minutes he has played so far are starting to impact him IMO.
Yes.I was. Did you read my post (the one you quoted)?
Indeed, not sure how anyone can manage to be arsey after last nights game but not sure why Chris was calling out the poster; given he was being positive about Thiago!!! Guess he quoted the wrong post and hasn’t realised.Strange comment then.
I blame @badgerbee for jinxing his finishing5 tonight will put him level with Haaland for the Golden Boot.........
And Haaland got injured last night too......
![]()
Based on the 3rd round squad, I'd be rather surprised if he's in the squad at all.Having said that, wouldn’t start him against Macclesfield but bring him on for 1515-20mins.
Or makes them pay more.5 year contract. Keeps the vultures away
Proved the doubters wrong comprehensively and now he's signed a new deal, rather than playing the game of letting his deal run down, and keeps us in a strong position should anyone want to poach him.Back the Big Man.
Team Thiago.
Toney mark Two.
Barring a few miscontrols, from slightly overhit passes, I've not seen him look anything other than good for us.
If we sort out the rest of the midfield/attack, which bluntly has been a mess/mish-mash of players (or just playing minutes for fitness if you prefer), then he'll be fine.

Off to Bournemouth with the enemy for the weekend , absolutely buzzing despite theIf Carlsberg made Fridays.![]()
Doubters lol , some of our fans should be locked upProved the doubters wrong comprehensively and now he's signed a new deal, rather than playing the game of letting his deal run down, and keeps us in a strong position should anyone want to poach him.
Love this guy.
![]()
In Sydney, Friday started with the Arsenal match and is ending with this news!If Carlsberg made Fridays.![]()