Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

Schade will probably go. One goes as we shift things around and start to bed Furo in.

Igor is a 20 goal a season man, enjoy him make a mark on the World Cup and the chase.

Igor is no Wissa. Looking forward to him leading the line next season.
 

Igor Thiago

Schade will probably go. One goes as we shift things around and start to bed Furo in.

Igor is a 20 goal a season man, enjoy him make a mark on the World Cup and the chase.

Igor is no Wissa. Looking forward to him leading the line next season.
Do you think Furo will be introduced on the wing, like Wissa was?
 

Igor Thiago

👍
I was just responding to your comment:

"I can’t be arsed to work it out, but without his goals I’m willing to guess we’d have been bang in trouble this season."

really.
In as much as you can't just work out how few points we would have had with none of IT's goals. As someone else would have played in his place. And who knows how many they, and our other forwards (in totally different circumstances) would have got....

Agree though that I dont want him to go. 👍🙂
All right, get a room you two.
 

Igor Thiago

We managed to hold on to Toney for 4 seasons. Mbeumo for 6. I highly, highly doubt we'd even entertain the idea of selling Igor now, especially with Furo still so fresh in the squad and no rumoured striker signings since. More importantly, he signed a deal until 2031 less than 3 months ago. Clubs can submit bids all they like, no part of me thinks we'll accept any.
 

Igor Thiago

Do you think Furo will be introduced on the wing, like Wissa was?
We don’t really play with wingers (in the traditional sense), they’re more inside forwards, playing ‘inverted’ so their natural movement is between full-back and centre back. This also means our “wingers” – players who go outside a full back and put crosses in – are our full backs.

The purpose is to get 3 ‘attackers’ into the opposition box rather than using wingers wide and midfielders to get up to be the over-loaders. Of course, it’s never as simple as that! That doesn’t means it’s hard-and-fast and everyone will be expected to be mobile, knowing the tactics. I expect Furo will fit in with that… but Dasilva is a bit of a wildcard on the right.
 

Igor Thiago

What price do you put on him this season?
Currently he is completely un-sellable, especially if people are keen to be in Europe next season.
Nobody else is near to double figures.
I can’t be arsed to work it out, but without his goals I’m willing to guess we’d have been bang in trouble this season.
According to the article we have put an 80m euro price on him.
 

Igor Thiago

Please ignore this b***ocks. If he goes then it won’t be for less than 100m
Exactly, I mean we got 55 million for a 30 year old with one year left on his contact, so what price a full Brazilian international, 6 years younger and just signed a new 5 year contract??
I would say we are talking big b8g numbers to even think about selling!!!!
 

Igor Thiago

What price do you put on him this season?
Currently he is completely un-sellable, especially if people are keen to be in Europe next season.
Nobody else is near to double figures.
I can’t be arsed to work it out, but without his goals I’m willing to guess we’d have been bang in trouble this season.
Yep although take 22 goals away from any team and they'd all be miles away from where they are now. Personally for £80m I'd sell him 🤷
 

Igor Thiago

And you reckon there is a 22 goal PL striker out there available for £80 million do you.... I beg to differ mate
They don't grow on trees but take away the pens it's a more reasonable 14/15 goals
 

Igor Thiago

Please ignore this b***ocks. If he goes then it won’t be for less than 100m
We’re at a point just before the transfer window opens when some clubs want to appease their fans by suggesting links to conspicuously good targets, otherwise fans start to get twitchy.
 

Igor Thiago

We’re at a point just before the transfer window opens when some clubs want to appease their fans by suggesting links to conspicuously good targets, otherwise fans start to get twitchy.
Or get Fabio and his like to do it for them
 

Igor Thiago

They don't grow on trees but take away the pens it's a more reasonable 14/15 goals
So penalties don't count as goals them? Funny they always seem to be reflected in the scorelines???
Just to add, how many would Haaland have without penalties??
 

Igor Thiago

So penalties don't count as goals them? Funny they always seem to be reflected in the scorelines???
Just to add, how many would Haaland have without penalties??
Maybe ask how many Watkins could have if he could take a penalty. High conversion rate from penalties is very valuable too. But that won’t stop some of our fans trying to talk down our players 😂
 

Igor Thiago

Please ignore this b***ocks. If he goes then it won’t be for less than 100m
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Any team comes calling, I'd be using the Isak price as the negotiating point. They don't like it? Good, we will keep one of the best strikers in the world.
 

Igor Thiago

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Any team comes calling, I'd be using the Isak price as the negotiating point. They don't like it? Good, we will keep one of the best strikers in the world.
How many goals did Isak get last season?
 

Igor Thiago

Come this summer, 3. Last season, 23. All premier league goals. Thiago also has a better contract situation and is clearly not keen to push his way out, so no reason to sell
PL standard striker attracts a premium anyway. Janocalc suggests £10m per goal - 25(?) in all competitions - then there’s his contract….
The answer is, nobody can afford him!
 

Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

I make it 7 goals in our last 8 matches…
stats wise it looks very good, but he is prone to missing chances in big moments, happened against man united and again against city, had one against fulham and wolves
 

Igor Thiago

Should have had 1/2 assists with Schade yesterday. First occasion doesnt pass and takes a clumsy shot 2nd half puts ball behind causing him to fall over his own feet and look for a weak pen.
 

Igor Thiago

Big man has looked a bit tired in recent games.
Totally understandable bearing in mind the amount of work he gets through, and minutes he's played in first full PL season.

Needs a couple of big performances (and goal(s)) in televised games at City and Liverpool to cement his WC squad place.....
Got a horrible feeling that the amount of work he's done, and the fact that he's looking like he's running out of steam at the end of the season, will result in him missing out on WC squad....
🙁
 

Igor Thiago

Got a horrible feeling that the amount of work he's done, and the fact that he's looking like he's running out of steam at the end of the season, will result in him missing out on WC squad....
🙁

He’s only played minutes in one friendly.
I would say the chances were slim in any case.
 

Igor Thiago

He’s only played minutes in one friendly.
I would say the chances were slim in any case.
So, picked in Ancelloti's last squad prior to his WC selection.....
When IT was on top form....
Would say his chances were better than "slim" at that point.
 

Igor Thiago

Got a horrible feeling that the amount of work he's done, and the fact that he's looking like he's running out of steam at the end of the season, will result in him missing out on WC squad....
🙁
He needs a break. Sad for him but I wouldn't be that fussed.
 

Igor Thiago

Got a horrible feeling that the amount of work he's done, and the fact that he's looking like he's running out of steam at the end of the season, will result in him missing out on WC squad....
🙁
Loving the reverse psychology badger. Hat trick against Palace incoming.
 

Igor Thiago

Will go the other way and say I think he's nailed on for the squad. From what I gather the Brazilian footballing public is starting to come round to the idea that even though he plays for a team they don't know a great deal about, being behind only Haaland in goals (who they do know about) is an impressive achievement. He's also Brazil's only true number nine which bolsters his cause and as for Ancelotti, he'll be aware that Thiago doesn't have the luxury of rotation like in some clubs which have more padded out squads. Only time will tell of course but, even if he doesn't start, I think he offers far too much to them to not be there.
 

Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

I can’t see the official announcement but it’s being widely reported that this is the 55 player provisional squad which includes Igor:

1778529838963.png
 

Igor Thiago

55 😂
 
Back
Top Bottom