James Tarkowski -

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Tarkowski -

He was sniffing quite a bit after his encounter with TC!
 

James Tarkowski -

Maybe Warbs is planning 3-5-2 as an option at some games as we have the wing backs...Martinez has brought the formation back in fashion and I think UR played it against Man City last night.
 

James Tarkowski -

Not that long ago that Arron McLean was one of the division's "better attackers"...............he didn't get a sniff on Saturday ?

I looked at their side training on the pitch in front of the New road before I'd looked at my programme and spotted McLean, Kyle Bennett and also Mark Yeates so thought while vertically challenged they might be a handful between them. Bennett I thought looked very useful, Yeates never got off the bench and McLean was a shadow of the livewire, Billy Whizz type forward who never gave defenders a moments peace when alongside Mackail Smith.
At the back they had Matt Bates who not that long ago was being touted for England honours and the next Jonathan Woodgate as homegrown hero at Boro and not sure whether he was hampered by injury or just over hyped but I forgot he was out there once the game began so can't have done a lot.
 

James Tarkowski -

Millwall fans I know did not want TC to leave and were surprised he was let go. I think it might have been a mistake by Jackett in hindsight.

Tarkowski was good on Saturday but, in spite of some of the comments on here, I wasn't convinced he was as dominant defensively as HD has been so not sure he will keep HD on the bench. He was hardly troubled by a reticent Bradford attack.

Fair post and agree Tarkowski isn't as obviously dominant as Dean but where he scores very heavily over Harlee is distribution - Harlee's is very poor and way below the standard we, hopefully, will need in the next league, whereas Tarkowski's appears on a different level - I personally see Tarkowski and Craig as the first choice pairing with Dean as the standby (although I say that with a heavy heart because not one single person could ever question Harlee's commitment).
 

James Tarkowski -

I know this is supposed to be about Tarkowski - but a lot has been made under this heading of Tony Craig's lack of height.

So just as a matter of interest - Tony and Tarkowski are both listed on the OS as being.........six foot one inch. The same. So if Craig is too short - does that also apply to Tarkowski?

For what it is worth, Harlee D is just two inches taller.
 

James Tarkowski -

I can't recall seeing much of TC when he played for Milwall but I suspect that you are correct as his distribution has definitely improved in the time we have had him. Nice problem for Warbs to have and so important for us that we have a solid base and hopefully add to the last two clean sheets during the run in.

His distribution has improved massively since he's been with us especially in the past 3/4 months. I think he's improved as a player too, I've always rated Craig, didn't know he is only 28, 29 next month. I think he was solid and had a very good season last year, but he's really pushed on this year. Maybe he's improved his game since being at Millwall and can do a job in the championship this time round but for us, why not.
He's our captain and if we are in the championship next season I hope he's still one of the first names on the teamsheet. Probably him and Tarky as the centre back pairing. Craig wasn't supposed to be a ball playing centre back but certainly this season he's been good on the ball and especially in the last few months his distribution has been excellent
 
Last edited:

James Tarkowski -

I know this is supposed to be about Tarkowski - but a lot has been made under this heading of Tony Craig's lack of height.

So just as a matter of interest - Tony and Tarkowski are both listed on the OS as being.........six foot one inch. The same. So if Craig is too short - does that also apply to Tarkowski?

For what it is worth, Harlee D is just two inches taller.

TC is 6 ft and slim, James is 6ft 1 and a big old unit, there's a big difference in physicality.
 

James Tarkowski -

heavy day yesterday, so to try to clarify my point

TC tactically very good, playing out from the back when given the time has improved but we all makes mistakes and under more pressure from better, faster, fitter players? He appears IMO to lack the pace and height ( the distance he gets of the ground ) it just seems less to me . He just seems to be shorter than others in this type of situation to me. The club I guess with the guy that owns the club will have all this type of detail along with bleep test results, speed on turning, speed over 5 meters, 10 meters and probably another 10 or 20 tests to judge any player.

What I did not say yesterday is that he has had a fantastic season so far and has been by far one of our most consistent players ( certainly in the games I have seen ). I just feel that he will be a great servant next season but the club will be looking to move on. What I think is he has got the type / style of football at this level sorted. When I player sport at a reasonable level 30 + years ago, I was told I needed to be faster over 20 /30 yards, getting back on to my feet quicker, all to step up. However hard I trained I could not increase either, I had reached my level.
 

James Tarkowski -

When I player sport at a reasonable level 30 + years ago, I was told I needed to be faster over 20 /30 yards, getting back on to my feet quicker, all to step up. However hard I trained I could not increase either, I had reached my level.

If you were a 110m hurdler I can see how lacking in those areas might have been a issue.
 

James Tarkowski -

His distribution has improved massively since he's been with us especially in the past 3/4 months. I think he's improved as a player too, I've always rated Craig, didn't know he is only 28, 29 next month. I think he was solid and had a very good season last year, but he's really pushed on this year. Maybe he's improved his game since being at Millwall and can do a job in the championship this time round but for us, why not.
He's our captain and if we are in the championship next season I hope he's still one of the first names on the teamsheet. Probably him and Tarky as the centre back pairing. Craig wasn't supposed to be a ball playing centre back but certainly this season he's been good on the ball and especially in the last few months his distribution has been excellent

Centre backs like goalies often getter better with age and because they do less running than other outfield players often play to mid 30s so Tony only approaching his peak and will cope well on championship with his experience alongside either Tarkowski or Harlee
 

James Tarkowski -

Surely it's also good to have a left-footed CB, as opposed to two right-footers. But Tarks offers great distribution cf Dean. Good selection problems for the Breadman...
 

James Tarkowski -

Are you serious - I looked up Tony Craig on Wikipedia and if they're wrong I can deal with it but even you would probably agree that James is a big unit and TC isn't?

The official club site or Wilkipedia? Hmm, now I wonder which could be right? I agree that JT looks bigger - but apparently he isn't - that's all I was pointing out.
 

James Tarkowski -

The official club site or Wilkipedia? Hmm, now I wonder which could be right? I agree that JT looks bigger - but apparently he isn't - that's all I was pointing out.

Judging by the number of glaring mistakes still present in every home matchday programme I'm not so sure. My colleague has actually offered to proof read and while he got a polite acknowledgement from the Editor thanking him for the offer but reassuring it wouldn't be an issue, it still is.
 

James Tarkowski -

Absolutely terrific tonight! Harlee must be wishing he picks up another two bookings soonish or he'll be sidelined for weeks
 

James Tarkowski -

That loan we were on about ...
 

James Tarkowski -

Cracking headed goal, unlucky not to have scored first half from a cross too, their keeper made a good save.
Distribution again was superb.
 

James Tarkowski -

That loan we were on about ...

:looks: :talk: :shrug: lol

Classy player. Gutted I didn't put a fiver on him to score first! Said he'd get the first one :mad2:

9 bookings now though :( 1 more and Macca may have to show his centre back abilities too. :grey:
 

James Tarkowski -

Stupid,stupid, dumb needless booking tarnished a wonderful display.

Cool, calm composed on the ball, defended well and was our only aerial threat in their box.
 

James Tarkowski -

:looks: :talk: :shrug: lol

Classy player. Gutted I didn't put a fiver on him to score first! Said he'd get the first one :mad2:

9 bookings now though :( 1 more and Macca may have to show his centre back abilities too. :grey:

8 not 9 as one was "given" to Yennaris
 

James Tarkowski -

Wasn't he already on 8 when he came here from Oldham?

If not, forget the last bit! :sneakoff:
 

James Tarkowski -

He looks so unhurried. It's almost as though he's stifling a yawn and then gets bored so goes for a little run or pings a casual pin point pass. 21 ffs!
 

James Tarkowski -

so composed. will be pushing HD all the way for a starting spot now, especially seeing as TC is having an awesome season. just gives us that little bit more confidence on the ball at the back
 

James Tarkowski -

Mmmmm this boy is rather good . On Saturday I compared him to James Wilson now more of a young Hermann with the way he is composed and moves forward with the ball at his feet . To think we tied him to a three year deal as well !
 

James Tarkowski -

Was superb tonight and deserved his goal. How is it that in the last two games, he has had three headed attempts on goal, one hit the post, one landed on the roof of the goal and the other flies in. Harlee never achieved this.

Brilliant on the ball, great scouting from us I must say.
 

James Tarkowski -

Very very exciting prospect! All round game looks very strong and gives us a much needed threat from set pieces!
 

James Tarkowski -

There's still a mistake in him due to his age but he can be as good as he wants to be... :shrug:
 

James Tarkowski -

A bees legend in the making.

So pleased we finally have a CB who is an attacking threat at set pieces. It's been a while .
 

James Tarkowski -

It does seem we have a premiership level CB playing for us....
 

James Tarkowski -

unbelievably stupid booking
he will have to cut that out
spoilt a good performance
 

James Tarkowski -

Great performance apart from the header back to Button in the first half, that was intercepted and forced Button into a good 1v1 save, and the silly booking.

Other than that he was superb and took his goal very well!
 

James Tarkowski -

Superb again. For me the most vital thing is that he will give us the greatest chance to continue to build our play even if teams decide to press us high to try and knock us out of our stride. Orient will certainly try to do this on saturday.
 

James Tarkowski -

First opportunity to see him in action last night and I have got to say, I was very very impressed. Looked like him and TC and been playing together all season.

Harlee is going to find it tough to get back in the starting XI on the showing last night.
 

James Tarkowski -

so composed. will be pushing HD all the way for a starting spot now, especially seeing as TC is having an awesome season. just gives us that little bit more confidence on the ball at the back
I think it will be Dean pushing Tarkowski for a starting spot for the rest of the season :eek::eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom