Fat Bee Slim
"Hoof"
Jamie Bates
Never forgiven him for missing against Huddersfield in 95. I was 11 and it ruined my summer.
Least he didn't walk away laughing.Never forgiven him for missing against Huddersfield in 95. I was 11 and it ruined my summer.
I think he was a better pure centre back than Millen if you wanted someone to deal with the aerial stuff. Millen had a lot more to his game though and was vastly more effective with the ball at his feet. Once Bates got a regular place in the side in his best position he was, during the Webb years, a brave and effective CB and a good leader as well.Controversial - Bates was a better CB than Millen IMO. Thought his CB partnership with Ashby was excellent. Especially in the year when we finished 2nd.
"Now, to finish off......."Wishing Stu Wakeford the best of luck with the interview! ?

I was expecting to see him at half time too and hung around..Why didnt do a half time interview ?
Why didnt do a half time interview ?
Timing issues? We got Ted Lasso, or someone, instead.
You know you are getting old when this is the case..Mkes sense.
Most of the crowd wouldnt have clue who he is anyway
I didn't have a clue who the Ted Lasso bloke was!Mkes sense.
Most of the crowd wouldnt have clue who he is anyway
............yep.............his mini was in the car park...............We also had Marc Bolan strumming his geetar adding to the overkill of Hey Jude.