Jonathan Douglas

Jonathan Douglas

I was surprised by the standing ovation, applause before the game when he made his way to the dug out was fine but anything more than that seemed a bit over the top. The good news was he didn't come on and score, gave away the corner at the end and I have feeling that KK is going to offer us much more than Dougie could.
 

Jonathan Douglas

Well, (1) it's just a football game, he's a person, and he's been the engine of our amazing run the last few years, and (2) the game certainly seemed over at that point so what was the harm. I thought it was classy of our fans to acknowledge that he was a big part of who we've become, and that we were grateful/wished him well.

And fortunately, he helped out a bit at the end as well, so...thanks for that JD.


Standing ovation during a game when we're 2 down ffs. I thought I was hallucinating when the people around me starting standing up. Mugs..
 

Jonathan Douglas

When he came on, the game turned in our favour! Says a lot about why MD and Co decided to get rid!
 

Jonathan Douglas

Didn't get my applause, some people need to wake up and smell the coffee. He was a bad egg in our nest in the end, he can do one as far as I'm concerned.

MB is a straight hitter, why don't people stop and think why Dougie was bombed out like he was?
 

Jonathan Douglas

I find it hard to get my head round why a Brentford fan there today would have stood up and clapped any player of the opposition team who were beating us 2-0 at the time. I thought I was at a Rugby match for a minute.
 

Jonathan Douglas

Well, (1) it's just a football game, he's a person, and he's been the engine of our amazing run the last few years, and (2) the game certainly seemed over at that point so what was the harm. I thought it was classy of our fans to acknowledge that he was a big part of who we've become, and that we were grateful/wished him well.

And fortunately, he helped out a bit at the end as well, so...thanks for that JD.

1. Class is backing your own, even when the chips are down.
2. Class ain't cheering/clapping a disruptive ex-player in opposition.

By all means give him polite applause during the warm up if you want to. Then it's war.

What a soft as ***** home crowd we have become.
 

Jonathan Douglas

Didn't get my applause, some people need to wake up and smell the coffee. He was a bad egg in our nest in the end, he can do one as far as I'm concerned.

MB is a straight hitter, why don't people stop and think why Dougie was bombed out like he was?

Nor mine.
 

Jonathan Douglas

We were trying to win a football match, it wasn't a ****ing testimonial.

No sh*t sherlock - but then again someone that gave it their all whilst with here, disruptive or not needs appreciation. I don't give flying **** if we were 2-0 down. This was the first time Brentford fans had the opportunity to say thanks for his service.
 

Jonathan Douglas

No sh*t sherlock - but then again someone that gave it their all whilst with here, disruptive or not needs appreciation. I don't give flying **** if we were 2-0 down. This was the first time Brentford fans had the opportunity to say thanks for his service.

Send him a thank you card then. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
 

Jonathan Douglas

Changed the game, the applause for him was awful, we're 2 down and we give an oppo player a standing ovation, I loved CD and a polite clap before but during the game he was the enemy. Josh gave us space for 15 mins and we began to attack.

He deserved his round of applause, losing or not...
 

Jonathan Douglas

He deserved his round of applause, losing or not...

I don't think so, so we differ, I think he deserved jack sh*t during the game but it made me realise we have a bunch of soft sheep following Brentford, I will welcome being with a 1000 proper fans next week.
 

Jonathan Douglas

I don't think so, so we differ, I think he deserved jack sh*t during the game but it made me realise we have a bunch of soft sheep following Brentford, I will welcome being with a 1000 proper fans next week.

So you have no appreciation for what he done for us?
 

Jonathan Douglas

So you have no appreciation for what he done for us?

None whatsoever, he's been bombed out of the club for various reasons but people like you don't want to realise that. I'm loving the fact that he's gone, just hating fellow fans clapping a disposed off player.
 

Jonathan Douglas

I don't think so, so we differ, I think he deserved jack sh*t during the game but it made me realise we have a bunch of soft sheep following Brentford, I will welcome being with a 1000 proper fans next week.

A 1000 proper fans!!!, god your condescending...
 

Jonathan Douglas

None whatsoever, he's been bombed out of the club for various reasons but people like you don't want to realise that. I'm loving the fact that he's gone, just hating fellow fans clapping a disposed off player.

I know why he has been kicked out, I appreciate he has too much influence but he's still put in a shift everytime I have watched him the past 3/4 yrs, for that he deserves respect.
 

Jonathan Douglas

Standing ovation during a game when we're 2 down ffs. I thought I was hallucinating when the people around me starting standing up. Mugs..

Couldn't have put it better

All this harking back to ex managers and players is beginning to pee me off

They have gone, thanks, now let's focus on supporting our players
 

Jonathan Douglas

None whatsoever, he's been bombed out of the club for various reasons but people like you don't want to realise that. I'm loving the fact that he's gone, just hating fellow fans clapping a disposed off player.

I am happy he has gone as he had nothing left to give us on the pitch but that doesn't mean supporters should just forget what the guy has achieved with us in the last 4 years.
 

Jonathan Douglas

I know why he has been kicked out, I appreciate he has too much influence but he's still put in a shift everytime I have watched him the past 3/4 yrs, for that he deserves respect.

Too much influence........rofl, he influenced today, they left a few gaps in midfield and we exploited them , I stood up and clapped him off.
 

Jonathan Douglas

I don't think so, so we differ, I think he deserved jack sh*t during the game but it made me realise we have a bunch of soft sheep following Brentford, I will welcome being with a 1000 proper fans next week.

We have agreed, we have disagreed but lost respect with you on this comment.
 

Jonathan Douglas

I am happy he has gone as he had nothing left to give us on the pitch but that doesn't mean supporters should just forget what the guy has achieved with us in the last 4 years.

Like CD, like Stephen Hunt, like many others but not this one, slapping Jota at the end was his final bit of guvnor bit at GP I hope.
 

Jonathan Douglas

I am happy he has gone as he had nothing left to give us on the pitch but that doesn't mean supporters should just forget what the guy has achieved with us in the last 4 years.

It's been said so many times; if you think he contributed so much by all means give him polite applause in the warm up. Showing so much support to the opposition in the heat of battle is wrong and embarrassing.
 

Jonathan Douglas

Too much influence........rofl, he influenced today, they left a few gaps in midfield and we exploited them , I stood up and clapped him off.

So he's had no influence in getting us were we are today? I like you ,you talk sense but I do not see the harm in appreciating someone who has played 180 odd games for us and helped us get to where we are...
 

Jonathan Douglas

It's been said so many times; if you think he contributed so much by all means give him polite applause in the warm up. Showing so much support to the opposition in the heat of battle is wrong and embarrassing.

Who was embarrassed? I wasn't and thousands of other were not...in fact it was downhill all the way for Ipswich afterwards.
 

Jonathan Douglas

So he's had no influence in getting us were we are today? I like you ,you talk sense but I do not see the harm in appreciating someone who has played 180 odd games for us and helped us get to where we are...

I like you too, I like Indian Bee but I'm angry about what happened today, I found it revolting and you didn't but I aren't going to fall out with anyone, hope not anyway, I upset lots of Ipswich fans afterwards including some of their little firm who didn't like our comeback and were calling a few people names, that will do with upsetting folk today, I've had my fill.
 

Jonathan Douglas

A lot of fans don't know what he got up to. Maybe the itk'ers need to be a bit more transparent with their Intel rather than creaming themselves over the I know something you don't know bollox. You know who you are.
 

Jonathan Douglas

Douglas is history. Thanks for the time while you were here.
But now I wish you no success while playing against us. The cheering was frankly embarrassing.
 

Jonathan Douglas

Oh and I didn't clap him. Good player. But a weirdo.
 

Jonathan Douglas

It's been said so many times; if you think he contributed so much by all means give him polite applause in the warm up. Showing so much support to the opposition in the heat of battle is wrong and embarrassing.


Totally agree

It was cringey at the time to stand and appluad.
 

Jonathan Douglas

By all means clap him before the game, which many did as he crossed the pitch. But never in the heat of battle...
 

Jonathan Douglas

Fine to give him a standing ovation if you felt necessary BEFORE the game started not in the middle of the damn thing

He played well for us whilst with us and has now moved on, personally I keep my applause for my own team, I applauded JD when he was wearing the Red and White if Brentford but now he is an Ipswich player and I genuinely have no interest in him
 

Jonathan Douglas

Oh and I didn't clap him. Good player. But a weirdo.

It's all over the GPG, Coventry and Forest has been done, too powerful has been mentioned, slapping Jota today at the end says more than I can say in this post, doesn't it?
 
Back
Top Bottom