Kevin Schade (44 Viewers)

Kevin Schade

Or might it be that his "attitude and uninspired performances" explain his being the lowest paid player in the starting squad (if that is the case)?

Surely his salary was agreed before he put in all these mythical uninspired performances. And whatever people think of his ability, you can count on one finger the amount of times KS has given less than 100% effort.
 

Kevin Schade

Not such good news for KS tonight?

Germany had a friendly against Ghana this evening, winning 2-1 with a late goal. KS was on the bench and despite Germany using 8 subs from half-time onwards, including replacing attacking players Woltemade, Wirtz, Gnabry and Havertz, KS didn't get on.
 

Kevin Schade

Was a poor game.
Dont understand, in friendlies, why coaches take players and never give them a chance in matches.
They've seen enough to call them up. Couple months before a World Cup.
Give them a chance.
He couldnt have been worse the Woltemade was.
 

Kevin Schade

We know how good he is when in form but it’s not happening for him atm and his confidence is shot. I’m very surprised he lasted 90 mins today
 

Kevin Schade

Short memories. He would have scored bar Pickford fouling him for the penalty.

The whole team today was managing energy levels as they knew pretty much everyone would have to play the 90.

Running back like a lunatic when the ball is on the other side of the pitch, like many were encouraging him (and others) to do, might look passionate / interested but isn’t that clever regarding lasting the whole game.

This isn’t saying he was faultless nor our best player either. The little exchange of views with Kayode in the NW corner wasn’t a great look. He was however able to be almost in the right place for the chance at the end.
 

Kevin Schade

No doubt about it that if he was 5ft 9 he wouldn’t be playing as much. Keith had to keep him on today for his defensive duties as much as anything.
I am not sure if he is actually enjoying football at the moment, you feel a move back to Germany is on the cards this summer
 

Kevin Schade

We know how good he is when in form but it’s not happening for him atm and his confidence is shot. I’m very surprised he lasted 90 mins today
It's not poor form. He's injured and doing his best for the team in the circumstances. Try typing with a dislocated thumb!
 

Kevin Schade

Fans can't to warm to such a miserable so and so. People love Tiago and Kayode for the polar opposite reasons.

I understand he's not there to smile, but you can understand why people can't warm to him
You speak only for some, not all.
I have no idea why some posters are so obsessed with trying to read his body language.
 

Kevin Schade

You speak only for some, not all.
I have no idea why some posters are so obsessed with trying to read his body language.
I'm not so bothered either. I'm pointing out that it's difficult to warm to him. However, for that reason I'm a little Meh about him.

Superb player on his day.
 

Kevin Schade

Who cares? He's professional footballer not a personal acquintance
Ok, that's fine. I prefer watching players with personality that you can feel connected too. Thiago for example.

Some people wont care and some will. Both are totally fine.

I think we can do better too, so that certainly doesn't help.

Anyways..... We move on.
 

Kevin Schade

So so frustrating - once it goes wrong his body language is terrible and normally it results in a poor performance. Hasn't kicked on this season so there is a decision to be made if someone comes in for him in the summer I think - right now I'd sell for 40m.
 

Kevin Schade

I have no idea if he is carrying a knock, if he is doing what he is told (and that's wrong), of he can't be arsed because he wants out in the summer, his contract situation, whatever else could be.
But definitely whatever is, is not working very well. Yes, he won a penalty, thankfully! But that's a poor consolation, as think he could have buried it first time, it was a clear chance, and the follow up.
And the rest of the game, he really looked out of place. KLP was playing both left back and wing today, and the only other time we created something from that side was when Dango switched to that side.
He is a confidence player, and for sure that is at rock bottom levels now
 

Kevin Schade

I can never wait to read the pile on.
Quicker than normal.today.
Good effort chaps 👍

I was in the West stand stand, which is unusual for me, and from behind the goal you can see better how badly he failed to track back and how appalling his body language is.
There was one occasion in the first half where he lost the ball in their half of the field and literally stood there with his head down for about 30 seconds before he started walking back. Meanwhile Everton were on the attack.

When he is on it he is borderline unplayable, and I so want him to be that player, but today he stank the place out, and it isn’t unsupportive of the team to tell the truth.
 

Kevin Schade

Short memories. He would have scored bar Pickford fouling him for the penalty.

The whole team today was managing energy levels as they knew pretty much everyone would have to play the 90.

Running back like a lunatic when the ball is on the other side of the pitch, like many were encouraging him (and others) to do, might look passionate / interested but isn’t that clever regarding lasting the whole game.

This isn’t saying he was faultless nor our best player either. The little exchange of views with Kayode in the NW corner wasn’t a great look. He was however able to be almost in the right place for the chance at the end.

If the ‘exchange’ you refer to is the one I think it is, Schade was getting slaughtered for a ‘poor pass’ but IMO Kayode wasn’t concentrating and equally at fault
 

Kevin Schade

I was in the West stand stand, which is unusual for me, and from behind the goal you can see better how badly he failed to track back and how appalling his body language is.
There was one occasion in the first half where he lost the ball in their half of the field and literally stood there with his head down for about 30 seconds before he started walking back. Meanwhile Everton were on the attack.

When he is on it he is borderline unplayable, and I so want him to be that player, but today he stank the place out, and it isn’t unsupportive of the team to tell the truth.
It is unsupportive when the same people just cant wait to dig their claws in barely 2 minutes after the match.
Every match
 

Kevin Schade

It is unsupportive when the same people just cant wait to dig their claws in barely 2 minutes after the match.
Every match

Fair enough.
I’ve never openly criticised him on here before today from memory, but today was the nadir.
 

Kevin Schade

I thought he was terrible. I don’t buy the tired narrative. They’ve all just had three weeks off.
I’m not laying into him . My opinion based on today is it’s time to move him on. So many examples today of poor play and apparent poor attitude. One sums it up. Tried to play a pass to Kayode which he undercooked. Then layed into Kayode like it was his fault. Fvckimg take responsibility mate. Bordering on bick head behaviour. We literally carried him for almost the whole 90 minutes. Compare his application to the tireless work of Igor. It was just night and day.
 

Kevin Schade

It's good that people are defending him, no one wants one of our players to come in for so much stick but honestly, he is poor. Yes, he does work hard defensively but he is an attacking wide player who most of the time can't control a football, struggles to pick a pass and who doesn't seem to know where he should be on the pitch. With the squad the way it is, he will continue to play but I'd not be sad to see him go at the end of the season.
 

Kevin Schade

If the ‘exchange’ you refer to is the one I think it is, Schade was getting slaughtered for a ‘poor pass’ but IMO Kayode wasn’t concentrating and equally at fault
Indeed it was and as you state Kayode wasn’t anticipating things and didn’t come towards the ball to help.
Was a simple cock up but felt like there was a tiny bit of a personality clash between the two with Kayode also not enamoured by Schade’s demeanour / reaction after the pass.
 

Kevin Schade

I thought he was terrible. I don’t buy the tired narrative. They’ve all just had three weeks off.
I’m not laying into him . My opinion based on today is it’s time to move him on. So many examples today of poor play and apparent poor attitude. One sums it up. Tried to play a pass to Kayode which he undercooked. Then layed into Kayode like it was his fault. Fvckimg take responsibility mate. Bordering on bick head behaviour. We literally carried him for almost the whole 90 minutes. Compare his application to the tireless work of Igor. It was just night and day.
He was away with the German national side, not on holiday. We’re not replacing him for under £40m, so that is not happening. He wasn’t great today, I don’t need to be told that, but there seems to be people itching to slag him off at home games. It’s becoming very tiresome to witness the scapegoating.
 

Kevin Schade

He was away with the German national side, not on holiday. We’re not replacing him for under £40m, so that is not happening. He wasn’t great today, I don’t need to be told that, but there seems to be people itching to slag him off at home games. It’s becoming very tiresome to witness the scapegoating in by Burnley
All fair points but several other players today were on national duty and played with energy. This is the first time I’ve posted about him I didn’t realise people were on his case on here because I haven’t engaged. I’m just voicing how utterly frustrating I found him today and certainly not correlating dropping 2 points back to him. I would correlate he was a passenger . I’ve seen him do some great things in games and always felt he justified a first team spot . Not today though.
 
Back
Top Bottom