Klaxons

Klaxons

Quite agree, I feel sorry for DH having to explain his actions to a bunch of miserable gits. Who could blame him if he thought "Bugger this, Im off!"

He blamed AS for the idea...................Scotty out:fishing:

Another great piece of PR from Brentford apologising for doing great things, now where is my letter I received back from the great Charles Dickens...............

Oh yes "thanks for your email blah blah blah"

WE ON HERE DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY WE ARE:idea:
 

Klaxons

Nice of David to take time to explain but I thought fireworks were de rigeur with any kind of trophy presentation these days.

The only issue I had with them is that I generally find that the effect of fireworks is somewhat limited by daylight
 

Klaxons

The only issue I had with them is that I generally find that the effect of fireworks is somewhat limited by daylight


Read Ace Face post, they had a big effect from their noise:D
 

Klaxons

I 'phoned a friend' just so that they could hear a proper celebration with all those klaxons. I didn't have any too near me, though. Fireworks made it special, too.

Let's have a vote for pall-bearers carrying a coffin around the pitch next time... oops, forgot, no-one would see it because of the pitch invasion!
 

Klaxons

I thought the whole New Rave movement was always going to be short lived.
Personally, i'd be suprised if there second album was anywhere near as successful as the first.
 

Klaxons

Actually, as an old git in the Bill Axbey, I thought they added to the atmosphere... for about 10 minutes

:imwith:

I then took matters into my own hands told the kid behind me if he blew it one more time I would stick it right up his ar$e... :sorted:

I was half expecting him to meet me outside afterwards with his dad..... :eek:

No problem with the fireworks providing they didn't cost us any money :)
 

Klaxons

Klaxons a definite no no for me. They probably seemed ok if you didn't have 5 kids blowing them non-stop in your eyes for the whole match.

Fireworks a nice idea.

I certainly wouldn't have written to Brentford's CEO to have a moan about either. That is just shameful! :nono:
 
Last edited:

Klaxons

When i was walking into GP i saw the boxes of Klaxons and thought that was a good idea, then i got to my seat.....

and realised that i seemed to be surrounded by children with these klaxons, at first it wasn't too bad but then one bright spark realised that if you put your finger over the blow hole bit you can make a high pitched screetch similar to scratching your nails across a blackboard.

Of course when 1 kid does it another follows , so before the game had even started we had 4 kids taking it in turns making the high pitched screetching noise.

Good times....Good times :(
 

Klaxons

What a sad sad lot some people are....

On the morning after being handed the championship trophy people still have to have a moan???

I thought the Klaxons and fireworks actually showed a bit of initiative for a change, I liked them (especially the fireworks) and it added to the whole occasion...

Mr Heath is having to apologise for trying to create a celebratory atmosphere? those who complained need to get out more....

:imwith:

What a lot of pony!
 

Klaxons

The sound from outside the ground and walking up to my seat was brilliant - very un-Brentford.

The crowd was actually quite quiet during the game so I'm thankful that the klaxons were there to add to the atmosphere and don't have any complaint at all about them other than to hope that they are used for (very) special occasions only.
 

Klaxons

I thought it was great. Really added to the atmosphere. Admittedly I spent the first half quite close to the Luton fans in the New Road so it wasn't so obvious but second half I moved up to the Ealing Road end and is was much better.

I do hate the noise that away fans can make in the Brook Road though. Any way we can dampen the acoustics? Even the three Accrington fans managed to make noise.
 

Klaxons

I've just emailed DH saying what a great idea this and the fireworks were, and to congratulate him and the off-the-pitch team on a job well done :)
 

Klaxons

The sound from outside the ground and walking up to my seat was brilliant - very un-Brentford.

The crowd was actually quite quiet during the game so I'm thankful that the klaxons were there to add to the atmosphere and don't have any complaint at all about them other than to hope that they are used for (very) special occasions only.

Here here!
They always are quiet in certain sections it's like being at a Wake. Why Mr.Heath has to apologise for klaxons, air blast horns, fireworks and crowd invasions I just do not understand. Well done the club for managing to create a festive atmosphere! Would advocate klaxons at every tense game as well in the future! The more noise the better! Notice the players also had been noticing the lack of atmosphere! The kind of people moaning probably would have had wooden rattles and peanut sellers banned back in the 50's and 60's for disturbing their sleep! This is ridiculous we have just been crowned Champions of League Two and all some people can do is moan? :(
 

Klaxons

Klaxons a definite no no for me. They probably seemed ok if you didn't have 5 kids blowing them non-stop in your eyes for the whole match.

Fireworks a nice idea.

I certainly wouldn't have written to Brentford's CEO to have a moan about either. That is just shameful! :nono:

:sorted:

Agree with all of that.

I can't believe people complained to the club about pitch invasions..
 

Klaxons

I've just emailed DH saying what a great idea this and the fireworks were, and to congratulate him and the off-the-pitch team on a job well done :)

So have I :sorted:
 

Klaxons

Why has DH apologised for creating a fantastic atmosphere ! It was a one off day, a special day. I enjoyed the whole party experience. A BIG THANK YOU TO DH FOR ALL HIS EFFORTS.
 

Klaxons

Personally I think the official Brentford FC website stating that there was no noise from the fans in previous games is the worst of this... I know what the Sub-Standard's next write up on us will mention. Even if not them it will make it to the keyboard warrior fans of other teams :rolleyes:

By the way I did not have a Klaxon next to me so not in the least bothered about them. As people have said it was a one off idea for a one off game, BFC do not make a habit of giving away stuff for free after all lol
 

Klaxons

I seriously can't believe Mr Heath has had to make a public apology about this. The moaners should take up watching crown green bowling or something instead !
Arguably the greatest day for the club in the last 10 years and supposed fans are moaning about (in my mind) a great initiative by the club having fireworks and klaxons at the game last Saturday.
If you fans would sing your hearts out for the club and team instead of sitting on your hands reading your programmes, whilst the game is going on, the klaxon idea wouldn't have had to have been done.
I begger believe with some people ! Get a frigging life !
 

Klaxons

I'm a fence sitter on this one.

I think they added to the atmosphere of the day, but having said that they drowned out any announcements at the presentation.
 

Klaxons


The PA did not seem to be working at all in the BA stand at the Brook Road end. The club are overhauling the system in the close season. Nothing wrong with the horns at the match. Bet the parents have stuffed them up their kids' bums by now.
 

Klaxons

You lot who liked the klaxons and pitch invasions need to get over the fact that some people didn't!! :fishing:
 

Klaxons

What a sad sad lot some people are....

On the morning after being handed the championship trophy people still have to have a moan???

I thought the Klaxons and fireworks actually showed a bit of initiative for a change, I liked them (especially the fireworks) and it added to the whole occasion...

Mr Heath is having to apologise for trying to create a celebratory atmosphere? those who complained need to get out more....

:imwith:

Might take them back off the kids so I can bring them next season and annoy a few people
 

Klaxons

I think the board should apologise about promotion. It's just not on :nono:
 

Klaxons

What a sad sad lot some people are....

On the morning after being handed the championship trophy people still have to have a moan???

I thought the Klaxons and fireworks actually showed a bit of initiative for a change, I liked them (especially the fireworks) and it added to the whole occasion...

Mr Heath is having to apologise for trying to create a celebratory atmosphere? those who complained need to get out more....

:imwith:

I think the board should apologise about promotion. It's just not on :nono:

:D ... and ban all kids next season ... :sorted:
 

Klaxons

WELL DONE D H the ref liked em so much pre match that he left his beverage with his entourage and we all got a seat for the rest of the pre drink bonaza on another point how else do you keep our future support happy if only to annoy all you old miserable victor meldrews lighten up ffs its brentford INNIT
 

Klaxons

They tried this before I think Bish made them change their minds ;)

:wave:

An honest mistake and I am grateful the club were brilliant about it.

Anybody who has a moan at the club at the present time after being CHAMPIONS is a complete c**t!
 

Klaxons

Not another bleeding thread for the miserable! Warning: It's a football ground and it may get a little noisy at times. You may witness occasional outbursts of passion. For anyone who was woken up by the noise on Saturday (and is still grumpy) - that's the sweet sound of success, get used to it!
 

Klaxons

I thought the horns made Saturdays atmosphere really special

Maybe we should have a quiet block like they do with coaches on the trains
 

Klaxons

I thought the pyrotechnics were a great idea, my old man very nearly sh*t himself when the first ones went off. I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Nothing wrong with the horns either, we all know it was a one off.
 

Klaxons

I thought the pyrotechnics were a great idea, my old man very nearly sh*t himself when the first ones went off. I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Nothing wrong with the horns either, we all know it was a one off.

You want to try standing 12 feet away and not expecting or knowing of any fireworks.

Thats not a whinge by the way.lol
 

Klaxons

I agree. As soon as I saw them being handed out pre match, I feared the worst. We don't need 'banger stix' and horns, we need people to be singing their hearts out. Ealing Road did a great job yesterday, as did the Paddock at times. Typically the New Road remained seated during our chants aimed at them of "stand up for the champions" :rolleyes:

Maybe they couldn't hear us because of the klaxons.

What a sad sad lot some people are....

On the morning after being handed the championship trophy people still have to have a moan???

I thought the Klaxons and fireworks actually showed a bit of initiative for a change, I liked them (especially the fireworks) and it added to the whole occasion...

Mr Heath is having to apologise for trying to create a celebratory atmosphere? those who complained need to get out more....

This is unbelievable that some people complained.

I think it made for a great atmosphere.

The sound from outside the ground and walking up to my seat was brilliant - very un-Brentford.

The crowd was actually quite quiet during the game so I'm thankful that the klaxons were there to add to the atmosphere and don't have any complaint at all about them other than to hope that they are used for (very) special occasions only.


Hopefully they will be used a lot in the future then. :D
 

Klaxons

This is my last foray on this...
I couldn't give a toss about Klaxons, Fireworks, Onions, T Shirt's, Programmes
Saturday was fantastic apart from the very end!

Something I feel that is being missed here is that we are all BEES FANS of different ages, gender and backgrounds. I personally believe there is a right way and a wrong to do things in life in general and try to show respect to others and try to understand that what I enjoy they might not and vice versa.

It is hard enough to achieve this in society but we have all chosen our colours and buy into a collective love of BFC. Some of us who had a great day and applaud the club for all their efforts this season but happened to not be able to enjoy the whole day due to the second pitch invasion don't deserve to be lumped in with those who are moaning about the tiniest little things..or questioned as to our loyalty to the club, our lifestyle or anything else. A Single pitch invasion would have enabled 99% of people to leave estactically happy, you can never legislate for the 1% who would have found a reason to moan even then.

I am saddened that some people are not able to understand (and I genuinely think some don't even care!)that others who love The Bees in a way that might be different to yours, in reality left the ground at that moment frustrated or sad or whatever they felt as we deserved the right to show the players, manager and especially the loanees our appreciation for a wonderful season. Looking back now it didn't ruin THE DAY AS A WHOLE - It ruined that afternoon for me which has taken a few days to get out of my system and I can now see the season for what is was...Fantastic.

It is a completely different from any other argument imo. For the record I didn't complain to the club. I emailed Peter G to ask if there was any possible way that those of us who felt this way could see off the players properly at the Funday..they wont ALL be there of course so that opportunity has gone but we'll have to make the best of it.

I have run out of steam for this "debate" now... I felt an injustice and I have spoken up about it, I've tried my best to ask for people to just acknowledge what happened meant a bad experience for a lot of people, but they won't :shrug: it we can't show each other respect within a football club we all love, then :(

Up the Bees and roll on next season!
 

Klaxons

Sadly you have to make of it what you can IMO. The club aren't there to make your day, they provide a spectacle, a team, an entertainment and IMO the rest is up to you. You will never satisfy 10,000 people and never feed their personal needs. I go to football to be entertained along with a few mates and some family. We try to laugh, smile, enjoy and make our day/days as good as they can be. I meet up with loads of Brentford friends, shake hands and wish them well after a quick chat. We take the piss out of ourselves, the away team and management and then we go home with hopefully 3 points in the old bag. Slap that in the old memory bank and move onto the next one, it's never a question of if, it's always how are we getting to wherever. The team can fail or be poor but as long as they fail in the right way then so be it but I have never even comptemplated sending an email to the club about any bloody thing. Not even when non-away fans think they have the right to jump the queues, that's my problem and I'll deal with it. I forgot about the bloody Klaxons, they did me in at times but not enough to spoil the day, the pitch invasions were fun to watch. FFS to see the happiness on people's faces was fecking brilliant. T-Shirts, well I will worry about them another day and I got a programme but sleep wouldn't be lost if I didn't. I sat in the paddock and watch all the stuff on the podium so maybe I was lucky but I was even luckier to watch the celebrations at Darlo, nothing the club has done needs to apologised for but that's 2 apologies in 2 days after a Bank Holiday weekend where we collected the trophy.:rolleyes:
So Mr Ghost although you put your points across well, I can't see enough reason or have enough sympathy for the plight of the hard done few who have emailed the club and made a seriously gorgeous time become an apology a day excercise. Some people need to hang their heads in shame, the big picture was brilliant so just keep looking at that.
 

Klaxons

I should add that the Klaxons might have got into my head once or twice but kids got pleasure out of them and as it was a day for pleasure then so be it.
 

Klaxons

Sadly you have to make of it what you can IMO. The club aren't there to make your day, they provide a spectacle, a team, an entertainment and IMO the rest is up to you. You will never satisfy 10,000 people and never feed their personal needs. I go to football to be entertained along with a few mates and some family. We try to laugh, smile, enjoy and make our day/days as good as they can be. I meet up with loads of Brentford friends, shake hands and wish them well after a quick chat. We take the piss out of ourselves, the away team and management and then we go home with hopefully 3 points in the old bag. Slap that in the old memory bank and move onto the next one, it's never a question of if, it's always how are we getting to wherever. The team can fail or be poor but as long as they fail in the right way then so be it but I have never even comptemplated sending an email to the club about any bloody thing. Not even when non-away fans think they have the right to jump the queues, that's my problem and I'll deal with it. I forgot about the bloody Klaxons, they did me in at times but not enough to spoil the day, the pitch invasions were fun to watch. FFS to see the happiness on people's faces was fecking brilliant. T-Shirts, well I will worry about them another day and I got a programme but sleep wouldn't be lost if I didn't. I sat in the paddock and watch all the stuff on the podium so maybe I was lucky but I was even luckier to watch the celebrations at Darlo, nothing the club has done needs to apologised for but that's 2 apologies in 2 days after a Bank Holiday weekend where we collected the trophy.:rolleyes:
So Mr Ghost although you put your points across well, I can't see enough reason or have enough sympathy for the plight of the hard done few who have emailed the club and made a seriously gorgeous time become an apology a day excercise. Some people need to hang their heads in shame, the big picture was brilliant so just keep looking at that.

Nice reply :sorted: I respect your viewpoint also well made.
:cool:
 

Klaxons

What would have happened with the siting of the podium, had we been away to Darlington last game of the season?
 

Klaxons

What would have happened with the siting of the podium, had we been away to Darlington last game of the season?

You were there, it wouldn't have been needed. It was just a pure and natural explosion of happiness.
 

Klaxons

Sadly you have to make of it what you can IMO. The club aren't there to make your day, they provide a spectacle, a team, an entertainment and IMO the rest is up to you. You will never satisfy 10,000 people and never feed their personal needs. I go to football to be entertained along with a few mates and some family. We try to laugh, smile, enjoy and make our day/days as good as they can be. I meet up with loads of Brentford friends, shake hands and wish them well after a quick chat. We take the piss out of ourselves, the away team and management and then we go home with hopefully 3 points in the old bag. Slap that in the old memory bank and move onto the next one, it's never a question of if, it's always how are we getting to wherever. The team can fail or be poor but as long as they fail in the right way then so be it but I have never even comptemplated sending an email to the club about any bloody thing. Not even when non-away fans think they have the right to jump the queues, that's my problem and I'll deal with it. I forgot about the bloody Klaxons, they did me in at times but not enough to spoil the day, the pitch invasions were fun to watch. FFS to see the happiness on people's faces was fecking brilliant. T-Shirts, well I will worry about them another day and I got a programme but sleep wouldn't be lost if I didn't. I sat in the paddock and watch all the stuff on the podium so maybe I was lucky but I was even luckier to watch the celebrations at Darlo, nothing the club has done needs to apologised for but that's 2 apologies in 2 days after a Bank Holiday weekend where we collected the trophy.:rolleyes:
So Mr Ghost although you put your points across well, I can't see enough reason or have enough sympathy for the plight of the hard done few who have emailed the club and made a seriously gorgeous time become an apology a day excercise. Some people need to hang their heads in shame, the big picture was brilliant so just keep looking at that.

I was unfortunate enough to be in the Bill Axbey. Couldn't see the trophy presentation, was surrounded by kids blowing klaxons, didn't get chance to applaud the lap of honour due to the pitch invasion. Yes I've put my opinion across on here about this but I would never complain to the club.

It's a small sacrifice for promotion in my opinion and if it meant winning promotion again next season, I'd happily go through it all again.

Plus I was fortunate enough to be at Darlington, and no matter what happened on Saturday it was never going to top that day.
 
Back
Top Bottom