Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

I bet Monk's worked out already what he can spend his 3 years and 3 months payoff on this summer! ?
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Presumably Carsley gone then?

Apparently they offered him the job and he said no thanks, I never wanted to be here in the first place!!

Oh I do so hope that is true!
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

I wonder how many points to stay up this season? I reckon 48 minimum for 3rd bottom so probably need 49 points. That's 6 wins and a draw from remaining 11 games. Big ask for Brum.

M'boro home tonight and Cardiff away Saturday. Reckon they will get max of 1 point from that lot. I also think Monk is overrated. Happy days lol
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

I wonder how many points to stay up this season? I reckon 48 minimum for 3rd bottom so probably need 49 points. That's 6 wins and a draw from remaining 11 games. Big ask for Brum.

M'boro home tonight and Cardiff away Saturday. Reckon they will get max of 1 point from that lot. I also think Monk is overrated. Happy days lol

I really hope you're right mate but fear the new Manager syndrome will give them a lift and I can't believe that a squad with so many talented individuals will actually finish below Sunderland, Burton and Barnsley but I would love it if that was to happen.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

I wonder how many points to stay up this season? I reckon 48 minimum for 3rd bottom so probably need 49 points. That's 6 wins and a draw from remaining 11 games. Big ask for Brum.

M'boro home tonight and Cardiff away Saturday. Reckon they will get max of 1 point from that lot. I also think Monk is overrated. Happy days lol

I think you are right about Brum but even worse I reckon survival may be less than that maybe 45 points or so for the final slot, there are too many clubs at the bottom in poor form who are not going to go on a 50% win run at this stage or anything like it..
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

I wonder how many points to stay up this season? I reckon 48 minimum for 3rd bottom so probably need 49 points. That's 6 wins and a draw from remaining 11 games. Big ask for Brum.

M'boro home tonight and Cardiff away Saturday. Reckon they will get max of 1 point from that lot. I also think Monk is overrated. Happy days lol

Last few years
Points for the team that went down (So one more to stay up )

2017 51
2016 40
2015 41
2014 44
2013 54
2012 40 (with 10 pts deducted)
2011 42
2010 47
2009 46
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Last few years
Points for the team that went down (So one more to stay up )

2017 51
2016 40
2015 41
2014 44
2013 54
2012 40 (with 10 pts deducted)
2011 42
2010 47
2009 46

Looks like we still need 5 more points then.............
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Looks like we still need 5 more points then.............

It wont be 50 points this year that keeps you up imho. The average for those years would be a good marker.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

I predict Pardew sacked by 6.30pm.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Pardew is reported that he will be speaking with the Board about his position - I think it may well be the other way round, Alan!
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Pardew is reported that he will be speaking with the Board about his position - I think it may well be the other way round, Alan!
The board will speak he will listen

Other than letting the new man take stock of things ready for next year will changing manager actually change anything?
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Pardew is reported that he will be speaking with the Board about his position - I think it may well be the other way round, Alan!
.............how this man keeps stealing a living as a manager astounds me..............absolutely hopeless.................
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

.............how this man keeps stealing a living as a manager astounds me..............absolutely hopeless.................

Bit of a **** too.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Bit of a **** too.

By all accounts, not popular with anyone other than team mates in that Palace side in 1990. You'll struggle to find anyone else in the game with a good word to say about him, he never tipped the hostesses at the casino as only lost!
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Rowett losing the plot a bit against Forest in the East Midlands derby, pressure telling it seems as Derby do their usual end of season slide. Promotion or sack I would have thought in his case, play offs the minimum.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Rowett losing the plot a bit against Forest in the East Midlands derby, pressure telling it seems as Derby do their usual end of season slide. Promotion or sack I would have thought in his case, play offs the minimum.
They won’t pull the trigger yet.

Wait until the end of the season, when they lose in the play offs.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Pellagrino sacked by Southampton.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Harry lives near by ??
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Same old soundbite "Swindon are a sleeping giant". FFS, I can remember Don Rogers but other than that, I must have slept through their greatness.
Promoted under Hoddle via the play-offs to the Prem in May 1993 (though he left for Chelsea before the start of the 93/94 season).

Anyhow, it's probably easy enough to forget that, but surely you must remember their 'season in the sun' - four wins the whole season, over 100 goals conceded and (inevitable) relegation, to be followed by another straight after?

I'd say they are a club which befits Phil Brown's status. ;)
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Promoted under Hoddle via the play-offs to the Prem in May 1993 (though he left for Chelsea before the start of the 93/94 season).

Anyhow, it's probably easy enough to forget that, but surely you must remember their 'season in the sun' - four wins the whole season, over 100 goals conceded and (inevitable) relegation, to be followed by another straight after?

I'd say they are a club which befits Phil Brown's status. ;)

Fair play for picking me up on the promoted to the Prem bit. Shamefully, I have no recollection of that :(

I must have been asleep after all!!!
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Same old soundbite "Swindon are a sleeping giant". FFS, I can remember Don Rogers but other than that, I must have slept through their greatness.
Didn't we sign their player of the year three years running?
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Fair play for picking me up on the promoted to the Prem bit. Shamefully, I have no recollection of that :(

I must have been asleep after all!!!

Did they also not get promoted under Ardiles but were thrown out because of financial irregularities and put in league 1?
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Did they also not get promoted under Ardiles but were thrown out because of financial irregularities and put in league 1?

From a Swindon message board

Macari is replaced with ex-Argentinian international and World Cup winner Ossie Ardiles - but the club is rocked with a bombshell just three weeks before the season starts, when The People publishes revelations that chairman Brian Hillier put money on Swindon winning Division Three in 1987, as an insurance policy for player bonuses. The allegations seemed to affect performances on the pitch - and the Town win just one of the first seven games, and are 21st in the table. Eventually though, Ardiles' passing style and diamond formation begin to work, and they drop just four points in the next nine games - despite the sale of Phil King, who is surprisingly bought by Sheffield Wednesday for a record £400,000. The allegations then get worse - and Hillier is accused of putting money on the Town to lose in the FA Cup game at Newcastle two years previously. When he is found guilty, he is banned from football for six months - which is increased to three years on appeal. Macari is fined £1,000 for his part in the scandal - and when he chooses to appeal, West Ham force his resignation. Swindon's performances again suffer, and they pick up just two points in the five games that follow the announcement. A decent start to the year puts Swindon back on track, but The People deliver a third blow, this time alleging illegal payments to players. Despite the turmoil though, the Town beat table-topping Leeds to go into third place, and at the end of the season, they finish fourth - their highest league position ever - to go into the play-offs. Shortly before the last game of the season, another bombshell hits, when Hillier, Macari, captain Colin Calderwood and secretary Vince Farrar are all arrested and questioned by Inland Revenue officials over a tax fraud conspiracy. Calderwood is released without charge, and the others are given bail - on the pitch, the Town go on to defeat Blackburn over two legs to reach the final at Wembley, where they will play for only the second time in their history. In a match they completely dominate, Alan McLoughlin scores the only goal - a deflected effort - to defeat Sunderland and win promotion to the First Division. The joy is short-lived though, as just ten days later, the Football League decide to demote the Town two divisions, after they admit 36 breaches of League rules - 35 of which are related to illegal payments. The Swindon board immediately appeal, but High Court action is dropped due to lack of funding - and the fans protest, thousands signing a "1st not 3rd" petition. The FA Appeal Panel reduce the demotion to just one division, and Swindon are denied their first-ever taste of top flight football. Hillier and director Gary Herbert were eventually jailed, Farrar and former club secretary Dave King received suspended sentences.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Promoted under Hoddle via the play-offs to the Prem in May 1993 (though he left for Chelsea before the start of the 93/94 season).

Anyhow, it's probably easy enough to forget that, but surely you must remember their 'season in the sun' - four wins the whole season, over 100 goals conceded and (inevitable) relegation, to be followed by another straight after?

I'd say they are a club which befits Phil Brown's status. ;)


Wikipedia says five wins
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Wikipedia says five wins
You're quite right (though it was a 42 game season, btw).

Meanwhile, the end of season EPL table makes makes interesting reading:
22nd - Swindon
21st - Oldham
20th - Sheff U
19th - Ipswich
18th - Soton
17th - Everton
16th - Man City
15th - Spurs
14th - Chelsea
13th - WHU
12th - Norwich
11th - Coventry
10th - Villa
9th - QPR
8th - Liverpool
7th - Sheff Wed
6th - Wimbledon
5th - Leeds
4th - Arsenal
3rd - Newcastle
2nd - Blackburn
1st - Bloody Man U
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993%E2%80%9394_FA_Premier_League
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Promoted under Hoddle via the play-offs to the Prem in May 1993 (though he left for Chelsea before the start of the 93/94 season).

Anyhow, it's probably easy enough to forget that, but surely you must remember their 'season in the sun' - four wins the whole season, over 100 goals conceded and (inevitable) relegation, to be followed by another straight after?

I'd say they are a club which befits Phil Brown's status. ;)

I remember Hoddle's Swindon coming to GP and 2 of their players getting red cards and Hoddle going mental.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

I remember Hoddle's Swindon coming to GP and 2 of their players getting red cards and Hoddle going mental.
both cleaned out Millie

Played for 45 mins plus with nine men and we snatched a nil nil draw
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Mark Hughes favourite for Southampton

Did he play there ?
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Mark Hughes favourite for Southampton

Did he play there ?
Why is the manager of the team currently second bottom of the table seen as the right man for the team fourth bottom?
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Why is the manager of the team currently second bottom of the table seen as the right man for the team fourth bottom?
.............yep............strange...............
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Why is the manager of the team currently second bottom of the table seen as the right man for the team fourth bottom?

He's not currently manager of the team 2nd from bottom. Why is Marco Silva also on the hit list when he failed to keep Hull up last season from a similar position?
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

As Robbie Savage speculated on 5Live last night, it's a chance for Mark Hughes to put one over on Stoke and send them down if he keeps Saints up.
 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

 

Managerial Changes Thread 2017 / 2018

Westley must be finished now. His last four or five jobs have been a disaster.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom