Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

and wondered whether someone on this forum had a more educated explanation.

It seems not.

what is this sh*t?

you clearly admit you DON'T know much about the situation. Hull City fans obviously know more about it. so that's one thing.

two, there WAS a clear upturn in results, until the end. to say "no such upturn" is ignoring the truth.

you've had plenty of answers and interaction, yet still want to bang on based on ONE limited stat, in the face of plenty of evidence that you might not know what you're talking about here.

you can't complain about the paucity of debate while being a massive massive contributor to that problem yourself - think about it
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

what is this sh*t?

you clearly admit you DON'T know much about the situation. Hull City fans obviously know more about it. so that's one thing.

two, there WAS a clear upturn in results, until the end. to say "no such upturn" is ignoring the truth.

you've had plenty of answers and interaction, yet still want to bang on based on ONE limited stat, in the face of plenty of evidence that you might not know what you're talking about here.

you can't complain about the paucity of debate while being a massive massive contributor to that problem yourself - think about it
OK, I'll try again.

Silva was a highly rated manager who was brought in by Hull to turn around their season and avoid relegation.

He didn't manage to do so, even while three other managers in very similar situations did.

Yet Silva's reputation doesn't seem to have been questioned, never mind harmed by this. On the contrary, if anything it has been enhanced, since he's just walked into another Premier League job.

As someone who has no inside knowledge of Hull, I thought this curious, hence my wondering whether anyone else on the forum who knew more could offer an educated or informed explanation.

So far no-one has, which is fair enough - maybe no-one else is particularly interested.

Meanwhile, you have come back a couple of times, not in order to "play the ball" (offer an opinion), but instead merely to "play the man" (have a pop at me).

I don't know what I've done to upset you, if anything, but if you haven't anything constructive to contribute to the thread, then maybe you might give it a rest?
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

OK, I'll try again.

why? you're waffling on, saying nothing.

my first two answers were clear counter-arguments that in no way "played the man". as with Harry Redknapp a few pages back though, we're here again, you waffling on and on (with plenty of little jibes therein) while not taking on ANY other points.

his reputation is enhanced because Hull played better when he arrived. as you've mentioned, Hull fans hold him in good regard, better than YOU expect, because they watch their team often and noticed an improvement. the results didn't pan out in the end because he still had sh*t players - but there was an indisputable improvement in results at first.

what more are you expecting? Hull experts? you're in the wrong bloody place for that :banghead:
you asked for info, you got it, you then claimed to be even more bewildered and asked for the same info again and again - and again and again and again and again. to come back with an answer like yours earlier (the bit i quoted) is just stupid. why do you do it?
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

:box: :pop:
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

How mad is all this nonsense? lol
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Hulls two best players up till Silva arrived were Snodgrass (who incidentally finished the season as comfortably their top scorer and joint most assistsas well) and Jake Livermore.

Both were immediately sold.

It is incredible they got to the last couple of matches of the season with a chances of staying up.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Mr Tree is spot on, he's called it as it is, lots of waffle with no logic or rationale.
I get called a bully for asking why and what, Mr Tree is unbiased, far away, not involved but has twigged.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

"twigged" :rolleyes: :suspect:
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Hulls two best players up till Silva arrived were Snodgrass (who incidentally finished the season as comfortably their top scorer and joint most assistsas well) and Jake Livermore.

Both were immediately sold.

It is incredible they got to the last couple of matches of the season with a chances of staying up.

Agree with this.

Silva took 21 points from his 18 games in charge. 39% points, 1.17 points per game. 44 points for season pro rata... whatever.
Previous 18 games they got 7 points.

How is that not a major upturn in form?

Allardyce took 26 points from 21 games with a far superior set of players (That goes for Leicester too) and let's face it could walk into any of the available jobs if he wanted to.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Wigan Athletic are set to appoint Portsmouth boss Paul Cook as their new manager..
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I suppose the emotional pull would be managing the club he first played for, and a return to his native notth-west. I can't think of any other reasons for what would otherwise be a mad decision.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I suppose the emotional pull would be managing the club he first played for, and a return to his native notth-west. I can't think of any other reasons for what would otherwise be a mad decision.

Pompey are about to be taken over by the former CEO of Disney , Maybe they want Mickey Mouse in charge lol
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I saw a local new report about the new owner - pretty much told the fans to sign over everything to him in return for a promise of substantial funds or he'd walk away. No protections in place as far as I can tell. I hope they've not messed up there.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I saw a local new report about the new owner - pretty much told the fans to sign over everything to him in return for a promise of substantial funds or he'd walk away. No protections in place as far as I can tell. I hope they've not messed up there.

I have never heard of any other club having a Golden Share, or equivalent in place, thus protecting the ground from the clutches of speculators.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I know madness, he played for them I think..

He played in two spells, one on loan, for Wigan Athletic and he's a local, at least he's a Merseysider. He's also in a position to know all about both clubs, which will also inform his decision. I imagine the difference in playing budgets is vast.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

He played in two spells, one on loan, for Wigan Athletic and he's a local, at least he's a Merseysider. He's also in a position to know all about both clubs, which will also inform his decision. I imagine the difference in playing budgets is vast.

Kind of what I'm hearing now, find it strange though as Wigan on the peak of a slump and Pompey are on a high with the Disney mans money to follow Promotion they didn't even expect 2 months ago?
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Paul Lambert doing the Wolves walk..
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Going for another Italian goalkeeper according to talkSPORT

Incorrect: they will go for anyone that Jorge Mendes tells them to appoint and that appears to be Portuguese ex-goalkeeper Nuno Espirito Santo.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Incorrect: they will go for anyone that Jorge Mendes tells them to appoint and that appears to be Portuguese ex-goalkeeper Nuno Espirito Santo.

He hasn't got a prayer.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Incorrect: they will go for anyone that Jorge Mendes tells them to appoint and that appears to be Portuguese ex-goalkeeper Nuno Espirito Santo.

just because Lambert only wanted English players to be signed, so they fired him..
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

just because Lambert only wanted English players to be signed, so they fired him..

It's because Lambert wanted players who were not just introduced by Mendes...
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Kind of what I'm hearing now, find it strange though as Wigan on the peak of a slump and Pompey are on a high with the Disney mans money to follow Promotion they didn't even expect 2 months ago?

What I am told is that the ground needs major investment to keep the safety standards up. If they don't the ground will have areas closed over the next couple of years. 10 million needed to go into the ground alone over the next 4 years is what I heard. Going to limit the playing budget considerably. Main reason why the supporters advised and agreed to sell. No one in the club has anything like that money that they can afford to invest.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

What I am told is that the ground needs major investment to keep the safety standards up. If they don't the ground will have areas closed over the next couple of years. 10 million needed to go into the ground alone over the next 4 years is what I heard. Going to limit the playing budget considerably. Main reason why the supporters advised and agreed to sell. No one in the club has anything like that money that they can afford to invest.

Isn't the plan that Eisner will provide that investment and the plan is over time to turn the pitch round but in same location?. £10M no small sum but given they will go close to filling Fratton most weeks something doesn't seem right?
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

It appears Dortmund are negotiating with Nice to get Lucien Favre.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Is anyone keepiung track of where DS is on the list of longest serving managers.

Top Two still going strong.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

I looked it up on Sunday....we were trying to work out who was number 3 (turns out it's Jim Bentley at Morecambe).

Dean Smith number 30.
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

When does this seaon become last season and next season become this season?
 

Managerial Thread 2016 / 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom