Mark Devlin

Mark Devlin

Hugely impressive interview, reinforces the feeling that the club is in very capable hands and going places! :sorted:
 

Mark Devlin

Well I think he comes across really well. Very impressed with him and what he said. Should always roll him out to the media rather than Cliff!
The problem is with the majority of journalists and commentators who think the 'Chairman' is the club owner and therefore more important to speak with than a mere 'Chief Executive'.
 

Mark Devlin

So what did we learn. We've got Norwich City (A) on 1st August and we have to play Luton as part of the Gray deal.
 

Mark Devlin

Not sure what your problem is with him Banana? You seem to give him plenty of grief on Twitter...

I like the guy he promotes us well, talks sense, and seems a very honest straight guy with good intentions.
 

Mark Devlin

Not sure what your problem is with him Banana? You seem to give him plenty of grief on Twitter...

I like the guy he promotes us well, talks sense, and seems a very honest straight guy with good intentions.

basically, Banana wishes he was Mark Devlin, and it hurts him to see a younger, suaver, cooler guy doing the job Banana yearns for. don't pay him any mind, he's just lashing out :cry:
 

Mark Devlin

Not sure what your problem is with him Banana? You seem to give him plenty of grief on Twitter...

I like the guy he promotes us well, talks sense, and seems a very honest straight guy with good intentions.
I don't have a problem with Mark. Not in the slightest. Why do you think I do? I was highlighting what new things we learnt from the interview. I'm sure if you read my previous posts on Mark's SSN interview you'll find I was highly complimentary towards him.

Re our twitter exchange. Well it was on my favourite subject so.... But that doesn't mean that I don't respect Mark but neither does it mean he gets a free ride
 

Mark Devlin

Not sure what your problem is with him Banana? You seem to give him plenty of grief on Twitter...

I like the guy he promotes us well, talks sense, and seems a very honest straight guy with good intentions.

Banana is very twitchy about the 'hooplerisation' of our club. Which is never going to happen. But he's a big old worry wart.
 

Mark Devlin

I don't have a problem with Mark. Not in the slightest. Why do you think I do? I was highlighting what new things we learnt from the interview. I'm sure if you read my previous posts on Mark's SSN interview you'll find I was highly complimentary towards him.

Re our twitter exchange. Well it was on my favourite subject so.... But that doesn't mean that I don't respect Mark but neither does it mean he gets a free ride

Fair enough, haven't read your previous posts in all honesty, but noticed you had been giving him a hard time on Twitter. Agree he shouldn't get free ride, but I genuinely think he is doing a decent job currently.
 

Mark Devlin

Not sure what your problem is with him Banana? You seem to give him plenty of grief on Twitter...

I like the guy he promotes us well, talks sense, and seems a very honest straight guy with good intentions.


Are you stating that banana is a troll !!!!!!!!!!!
 

Mark Devlin

Comes across so well and i am more then happy to have him here at our club. Note the 3 year statement for moving into LR ;)
 

Mark Devlin

Fair enough, haven't read your previous posts in all honesty, but noticed you had been giving him a hard time on Twitter. Agree he shouldn't get free ride, but I genuinely think he is doing a decent job currently.

wow, hadn't read these twitter exchanges before. really struggle with the :banana:'s style sometimes - i would rather if he had something to say, just say it. not very supportive. frankly just odd at times. know full well he couldn't give a hoot for my opinion so :shrug:
 

Mark Devlin

He's a one off but calls it as he sees it, is honest and far too clever. He's as big a fan as anyone that posts on here and one of a handful on here that knows a lot about a lot so he'll have his reasons right or wrong. He could do with getting his barnet cut more often though lol
 

Mark Devlin

still awaiting my email 2 seasons ago..:bound::banana::bound:
 

Mark Devlin

He could do with getting his barnet cut more often though lol

If that is all we've got to worry about, we've got nothing to worry about.
 

Mark Devlin

I don't have a problem with Mark. Not in the slightest. Why do you think I do? I was highlighting what new things we learnt from the interview. I'm sure if you read my previous posts on Mark's SSN interview you'll find I was highly complimentary towards him.

Re our twitter exchange. Well it was on my favourite subject so.... But that doesn't mean that I don't respect Mark but neither does it mean he gets a free ride

Can we please have some way of knowing who we are talking about if we use the initials 'MD' rather than typing out the full names?

I've been away for five days and am trying to catch up........if I've got it right (without ploughing through hundreds of posts) Mark Devlin has been appointed Head Coach........some bloke called Marinus Dijkhuized has a haircut that is a disgrace and Banana is hacked off because he has been wanting the job of Brand Manager for years.

My suggestions:

MDBHC = the bloke with the bad haircut

MDHC = The former CEO who is now Head Coach

TIBM = The owner of this site who (I think) is now the BFCBM and if he's not then he should be.

P.S. What the **** is going on at the Club. I see that we've now appointed a Director of Football with the initials PG...........is this Peter Gilham and I thought that 'PG' (the original......not the new bloke) was the Player Liason Manager and did all of the stuff that the new advertised position seems to have responsibility for in the job position cv.

I can't take it anymore and I'm going back to S. That is Switzerland not Swaziland by the way.

I thought that MDHC was very good in the SSN interview and I really like his hair although it seems obviously dyed considering that he's 67.
 
Last edited:

Mark Devlin

He's a one off but calls it as he sees it, is honest and far too clever. He's as big a fan as anyone that posts on here and one of a handful on here that knows a lot about a lot so he'll have his reasons right or wrong. He could do with getting his barnet cut more often though lol
hes still a ra ra
 

Mark Devlin


Thanks for that, well worth watching, how lucky we are to have a Chief Executive like Mark, he's got to be one of the very best in football in the UK, articulate and intelligent springs to mind, all was explained in very clear and simple terms that should calm down those who are worried in the new direction we want to take, I think I would be more worried if he left us than any player we have, they are easier to find than a good Chief Executive.
 

Mark Devlin

Thanks for that, well worth watching, how lucky we are to have a Chief Executive like Mark...
i think there's more than luck involved!
 

Mark Devlin

i think there's more than luck involved!

:bound::bound:

Phil Whall and I interviewed MD (and three others) back in August 2011 and recommended MD to the board..........well you can't win 'em all.........:D
 

Mark Devlin

Really good current interview with Mark Devlin on Bees Player in two segments and total length around twenty minutes.

He speaks really well and for my monies should be the first choice to represent the Club on any and all requested tv and radio interviews as Mark can really hack it.

I still think he dyes his hair though as nobody aged 67 has hair that black

:sorted:
 

Mark Devlin

you can't help but like him, still awaiting for my email though..:fishing::ooh:
 

Mark Devlin

Comes across very well and appears to be a good guy to have as our CEO. Thought the new design bees player was much better. Well done to the people responsible...............
 

Mark Devlin

Really good current interview with Mark Devlin on Bees Player in two segments and total length around twenty minutes.

He speaks really well and for my monies should be the first choice to represent the Club on any and all requested tv and radio interviews as Mark can really hack it.

I still think he dyes his hair though as nobody aged 67 has hair that black

:sorted:

Are you serious he is 67? He cant be, in my opinion he looks a shade over 45.
 

Mark Devlin

Even his Great Grandson Zamora Barton Devlin is 2

Exactly and it's embarrassing frankly that our CEO gets a mate to come on here and post that 'he looks a shade over 45'.

I have heard from a very reliable source within the club who does not wish to be named....(Hi Kurt, how's it hanging man')........that the club shop will be stocking boot polish next season labelled 'Devlin Black'.
 

Mark Devlin

Are you serious he is 67? He cant be, in my opinion he looks a shade over 45.

He was at school with me, in the year below me, which makes him 52 (or possibly 51 plus 10 or 11 months I suppose.)

Also, to answer a previous question, he was a good footballer at school, one of the best in the year and a midfielder in the Toumani mould if memory serves me right.
 
Last edited:

Mark Devlin

He was at school with me, in the year below me, which makes him 52 (or possibly 51 plus 10 or 11 months I suppose.)

Also, to answer a previous question, he was a good footballer at school, one of the best in the year and a midfielder in the Toumani mould if memory serves me right.

I'm struggling to imagine a fat, bow legged weeble playing anything like Toumani if honest!
 

Mark Devlin

Hope I don't get my season ticket revoked by the club for revealing that he's older than the shade over 45 that he looks.
 

Mark Devlin

I'm struggling to imagine a fat, bow legged weeble playing anything like Toumani if honest!

Actually sonofabee that's a good point but he wasn't at all fat at school. Maybe Sir Matthew treats him to lots of business lunches hence a bit of extra timber around the waistline
 

Mark Devlin

Wally Downes was at our school too in the year above me so if things don't go well for our new gaffer maybe Mark will get Wally back for a second try
 

Mark Devlin

I remember his dad Rutter Ingham Drinkwater Devlin - good bloke but a bit defensive minded.
 

Mark Devlin

He was at school with me, in the year below me, which makes him 52 (or possibly 51 plus 10 or 11 months I suppose.)

Also, to answer a previous question, he was a good footballer at school, one of the best in the year and a midfielder in the Toumani mould if memory serves me right.

So he didnt score many ?
 

Mark Devlin

So he didnt score many ?

I'm not sure actually Fencer, it was a long time ago. Perhaps he was more Neil Shipperly than Toumani. We weren't mates, I just seem to remember he was known as one of the best players in his year. I don't know about his stats while playing for the school team but I'm sure MB will have researched that before he was appointed. PS Mark if you're reading this , how about a 50% discount on season tickets for those like me who can prove the old school tie connection.
 
Last edited:

Mark Devlin

Which would still make it a 50 % increase for my son's one!!
 

Mark Devlin

I'm struggling to imagine a fat, bow legged weeble playing anything like Toumani if honest!

:nono:

He means he couldn't shoot straight and never ever scored a goal.
 

Mark Devlin

Which would still make it a 50 % increase for my son's one!!

Bloody heck that's disgraceful.

Why haven't you brought this our attention before???
 

Mark Devlin

Kettering Bee once had a pee next to MD and can confirm he is greyer downstairs, he mentioned it reminded him of Stewart Grainger in his pomp, I wasn't that interested at the time but thought it may be of some use on this thread.
 

Mark Devlin

Kettering Bee once had a pee next to MD and can confirm he is greyer downstairs, he mentioned it reminded him of Stewart Grainger in his pomp, I wasn't that interested at the time but thought it may be of some use on this thread.

Bored laying around the hotel pool mate? You sound it!!
 
Back
Top Bottom