Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

And not for the better!
I’m out. Simply can’t be arsed. I’ll pop in to see what’s going on with the club as it’s very informative at times but that’s it.
I have left almost completely for the same reason.If I cannot give an opinion without getting the dog's abuse then I don't want to be on here.I only came on today to check with is wrong with KLP.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

You’d hope it was flu or something like that, but the way this season is going, it’s probably appendicitis and a six week absence!
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I have left almost completely for the same reason.If I cannot give an opinion without getting the dog's abuse then I don't want to be on here.I only came on today to check with is wrong with KLP.
Needn’t have put yourself through the trauma, could have just looked here:

 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I have left almost completely for the same reason.If I cannot give an opinion without getting the dog's abuse then I don't want to be on here.I only came on today to check with is wrong with KLP.
Yes, but you leave behind those who share your views, and perhaps need your support!
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Strakosha was competent but for me Flekken gets his place back when recovered.
Strakosha was better at dealing with crosses, Flekken's distribution is better. Shot stopping probably not a lot between, Flekken might just edge it as Strakosha parried some shots back into dangerous areas.

You've got to hope there's more to come from Flekken as well.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’ve probably posted 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks being critical of Flekken but watching Raya struggle for Arsenal who we know is one of the best in the world makes you realise how difficult it is going into a new team. Flekken is also settling into a new league and country so time to cut him some slack. With everything going on, we have to get behind him and all of the boys. We’ve got a weeks break and then a huge game against Burnley. Really hope we get a buzzing atmosphere at the Gtech and provide some vocal support for Flekken. It’ll certainly be easier for him with the crowd on his side.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’ve probably posted 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks being critical of Flekken but watching Raya struggle for Arsenal who we know is one of the best in the world makes you realise how difficult it is going into a new team. Flekken is also settling into a new league and country so time to cut him some slack. With everything going on, we have to get behind him and all of the boys. We’ve got a weeks break and then a huge game against Burnley. Really hope we get a buzzing atmosphere at the Gtech and provide some vocal support for Flekken. It’ll certainly be easier for him with the crowd on his side.
He’s out until mid November apparently.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’ve probably posted 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks being critical of Flekken but watching Raya struggle for Arsenal who we know is one of the best in the world makes you realise how difficult it is going into a new team. Flekken is also settling into a new league and country so time to cut him some slack. With everything going on, we have to get behind him and all of the boys. We’ve got a weeks break and then a huge game against Burnley. Really hope we get a buzzing atmosphere at the Gtech and provide some vocal support for Flekken. It’ll certainly be easier for him with the crowd on his side.

He won't be playing against Burnley. Nor against anyone for a little while. Check out the injury updates thread........
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He won't be playing against Burnley. Nor against anyone for a little while. Check out the injury updates thread........
FFS this getting ridiculous! KLP undisclosed amount of time as well.
Point still stands but for Strakosha I suppose. Whoever we manage to get on the pitch against Burnley we really need to play our part in the stands.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He won't be playing against Burnley. Nor against anyone for a little while. Check out the injury updates thread........
How long is he out for thought it was just a illness ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Only six…

That’s a short one for us ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’ve probably posted 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks being critical of Flekken but watching Raya struggle for Arsenal who we know is one of the best in the world makes you realise how difficult it is going into a new team. Flekken is also settling into a new league and country so time to cut him some slack. With everything going on, we have to get behind him and all of the boys. We’ve got a weeks break and then a huge game against Burnley. Really hope we get a buzzing atmosphere at the Gtech and provide some vocal support for Flekken. It’ll certainly be easier for him with the crowd on his side.
Wow comes to actual football senses maybe others who are quick to hound out our players will have a moment of realisation. Fair play to you. Only way this team grows in confidence is the crowd to back them.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Who is flekken out for 5 games or klp ?‍♂️
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Wow comes to actual football senses maybe others who are quick to hound out our players will have a moment of realisation. Fair play to you. Only way this team grows in confidence is the crowd to back them.

How long are you willing to back Flekken? It’s a marathon not a sprint granted getting on his back won’t help him I agree. But can you blame anyone for it, he’s been calamitous. Football is all about opinions and it’s harsh but fair he’s been pony. If he’s any good our opinions should be water of a ducks back ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

How long are you willing to back Flekken? It’s a marathon not a sprint granted getting on his back won’t help him I agree. But can you blame anyone for it, he’s been calamitous. Football is all about opinions and it’s harsh but fair he’s been pony. If he’s any good our opinions should be water of a ducks back ?

Calling Flekken calamitous is ludicrously extreme. He's been a mixed bag, some good, some not so good. Whilst that may not be quite what we were hoping for its a long, long way short of a calamity. He's played 7 games in a new team, in a new league, in a new country. Nobody is in a position to judge him either a success or a failure just yet.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Someone on Twotter suggested the illness is called Dropsey which brought a brief smile. We can’t catch a break at the moment.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

More than a couple of times I’ve taken a look at the Jensen thread and chuckled at how many people have revised their bullshit opinions.

You‘d think there was a lesson to be learnt here.
The opinion that it took 3.75 seasons to work for him bar a few passes and time with CE, I’ll never waiver from the truth and the revisionists imo are those saying he was good before then.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

The opinion that it took 3.75 seasons to work for him bar a few passes and time with CE, I’ll never waiver from the truth and the revisionists imo are those saying he was good before then.
That maybe so NB, but the anti-Matti brigade would have binned him long before we got to see what he was truly capable of. I’ll never waiver from that truth either and I’m glad @jmf and crew had the patience that some didn’t.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

How long are you willing to back Flekken? It’s a marathon not a sprint granted getting on his back won’t help him I agree. But can you blame anyone for it, he’s been calamitous. Football is all about opinions and it’s harsh but fair he’s been pony. If he’s any good our opinions should be water of a ducks back ?
Raya made countless errors through his first season and we gave him the time plus others have mentioned Jensen. Some just need to actually back the team, players, coaches, rather than being so entitied to wanting instant results.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

That maybe so NB, but the anti-Matti brigade would have binned him long before we got to see what he was truly capable of. I’ll never waiver from that truth either and I’m glad @jmf and crew had the patience that some didn’t.
Of course but we can’t wait that long in this league for players to adjust, he’s turned it around big time but we need MD, Schade and KLP to fly much quicker after their injuries.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Apart from a tweet I've seen not from the club is mark defo out for 6 weeks
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Apart from a tweet I've seen not from the club is mark defo out for 6 weeks
If it's a ruptured appendix which inevitably leads to peritonitis (not nice as the same thing happened to me and ended up killing Houdini), he'll be off for a good month or more.

Symptoms are a horrendous stomach ache that subsides if the appendix ruptures....so if he was taken ill during the night in Manchester it might be this.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Raya made countless errors through his first season and we gave him the time plus others have mentioned Jensen. Some just need to actually back the team, players, coaches, rather than being so entitied to wanting instant results.
Really don’t understand this attempt from some to rewrite history with Raya. Yes he made the occasional mistake, but they were a lot less frequent than Flekken, and for the most part he was a very solid championship keeper in his first season, and always seen as a definite upgrade on the keeper he was bought to replace. He was also 7 years younger and far less experienced than Flekken.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Really don’t understand this attempt from some to rewrite history with Raya. Yes he made the occasional mistake, but they were a lot less frequent than Flekken, and for the most part he was a very solid championship keeper in his first season, and always seen as a definite upgrade on the keeper he was bought to replace. He was also 7 years younger and far less experienced than Flekken.
Well it’s the GPG innit
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

With Strakosha and Balcombe injury records it’s all very worrying
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Can't we recall Raya from his loan ?
No!

And why?! As an EPL club we should have a squad big enough to cover these issues……
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’m actually amazed that anyone watched that game on Saturday thought, wow, Strakosha is much better than Flekken, hope he stays in the team. Every save he made was patted back into the danger area, the defence bailed him out on numerous occasions. He makes me far more nervous than Flekken, and I’ve only seen him play twice.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’m actually amazed that anyone watched that game on Saturday thought, wow, Strakosha is much better than Flekken, hope he stays in the team. Every save he made was patted back into the danger area, the defence bailed him out on numerous occasions. He makes me far more nervous than Flekken, and I’ve only seen him play twice.
Agree but while he’s our only fit keeper at present we have to support him …
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I agree 100%. Every player does from me while wearing our badge, and I’m not saying that you don’t, but why can’t the same logic be applied to Flekken?
Quite right. Strakosha needs to be hounded too. It's only fair. Balcombe is the only one who gets a free ride.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Of course but we can’t wait that long in this league for players to adjust, he’s turned it around big time but we need MD, Schade and KLP to fly much quicker after their injuries.
Exactly. And that is what we pay much larger transfer fees for - an expectation that they will hit the ground running and not take 2-3 years to bed in.

I know some will say £13-20m is chickenfeed in this league and comparatively, maybe it is. But if we are saying that the only way to improve in the PL is for BFC to be splashing £40-£50m on individual players, as they're the only ones that will make an immediate impact, then I'm afraid we will struggle. We know that signing youngsters and spotting the future potential is also important, but how long do we give them? How long ago did we sign MPH - 2 years? He's 21 now, so should be looking at getting into the first team.

Personally, I think for the money we've paid for players like Damsgaard and Lewis-Potter, we should expect them to be challenging for the first team in weeks, not months, or even over a year. We can afford to wait that long with the occasional one or two players, but we really need more players to come in and nail down a spot a lot quicker, especially as the Championship players gradually depart. In the PL, the ones who have done this are:

Mee, Hickey. (you could maybe add Ajer, but I would want to see more consistency)

Errr....I think that's it! (not counting Flekken, as there's not exactly the same competition for places).
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Exactly. And that is what we pay much larger transfer fees for - an expectation that they will hit the ground running and not take 2-3 years to bed in.

I know some will say £13-20m is chickenfeed in this league and comparatively, maybe it is. But if we are saying that the only way to improve in the PL is for BFC to be splashing £40-£50m on individual players, as they're the only ones that will make an immediate impact, then I'm afraid we will struggle. We know that signing youngsters and spotting the future potential is also important, but how long do we give them? How long ago did we sign MPH - 2 years? He's 21 now, so should be looking at getting into the first team.

Personally, I think for the money we've paid for players like Damsgaard and Lewis-Potter, we should expect them to be challenging for the first team in weeks, not months, or even over a year. We can afford to wait that long with the occasional one or two players, but we really need more players to come in and nail down a spot a lot quicker, especially as the Championship players gradually depart. In the PL, the ones who have done this are:

Mee, Hickey. (you could maybe add Ajer, but I would want to see more consistency)

Errr....I think that's it! (not counting Flekken, as there's not exactly the same competition for places).

Collins and Schade too. Wissa was also challenging for a first team spot almost from the off. So of the big money PL era signings it's really only KLP, Damsgaard and Onyeka who have made minimal impact to date and the progress of two of those has been badly hindered by injury.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Collins and Schade too. Wissa was also challenging for a first team spot almost from the off. So of the big money PL era signings it's really only KLP, Damsgaard and Onyeka who have made minimal impact to date and the progress of two of those has been badly hindered by injury.
Collins - good call. I should have added him. Schade - yes, but mainly because Toney is out. Has produced a wondergoal, but lots to work on with composure. Was Wissa challenging straight away? thought he was a sub for most of his first season - I really thought he would make more of an impact this season than he has so far, being down the middle. Not getting the service, I suppose.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I’m actually amazed that anyone watched that game on Saturday thought, wow, Strakosha is much better than Flekken, hope he stays in the team. Every save he made was patted back into the danger area, the defence bailed him out on numerous occasions. He makes me far more nervous than Flekken, and I’ve only seen him play twice.
Agreed! Having seen the goals again I’d argue both goals were avoidable on his part
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I agree 100%. Every player does from me while wearing our badge, and I’m not saying that you don’t, but why can’t the same logic be applied to Flekken?
And I get told I never post anything positive lol I agree with your previous post about his display mind you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom