Mark Warburton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Warburton

This comment better not disturb my pornhub viewing! :(

BBM - big beautiful men:(

Takes all sorts no wonder you enjoy the paddock so much
 

Mark Warburton

I'm located at the Ealing Road end on match days, you sad little man.

Just dont stand behind me as I am not into that type of thing
 

Mark Warburton

I just think its a cop out and im sure we could have got somebody that has at leasted managed before. Hope your right and he takes us to glory but what happens if he doesnt does he go back to his old job. Lets just wait and see. By the way does that mean if you are always positive and agree with everything the board does your right and if you dont agree with the board your wrong.

No don't expect everyone to agree, would be little point in this board, but I do admit that I am struggling to remember the last post you made that was not negative
 

Mark Warburton

No don't expect everyone to agree, would be little point in this board, but I do admit that I am struggling to remember the last post you made that was not negative

Agreed he needs a new hobby if he can't find a small crumb of hope and happiness with what is going on at Brentford at the moment
 

Mark Warburton

Filo must be his first choice

I wish Mark the best of luck. I have good feeling about this. Apparently McParland was quite a big deal in Liverpool circles.
 

Mark Warburton

Some sources say Warbs is an ex-professional footballer. Any idea who with?

Leicester City - although he never played for the first team. He also played for Enfield for a long time before his career was ended by a cruciate knee ligament injury when he was 29.
 

Mark Warburton

Leicester City - although he never played for the first team. He also played for Enfield for a long time before his career was ended by a cruciate knee ligament injury when he was 29.

Thanks CB. Is there a detailed profile of him anywhere? Every press article you read regurgitates the same old stuff: "ex City trader; part-time coach at Watford, involvement in developing the Harefield Academy, NextGen," etc., but no detail on the years up to later 2000s (when he appears in a YouTube video of him taking the Watford U14s to a tournament in Germany...
 

Mark Warburton

MW 's appointment is a masterstroke of common sense and cool thinking. The addition of McP and Lionel Road (if finally approved) beckons a golden future for our club.
 

Mark Warburton

Mark Warburton

And, please, do not impair the cultural enjoyment of those tourists viewing the Pagoda in Kew Gardens !

Unless we win the last game of the 2016/2017 Season at Lionel Road to win Promotion to the Premier League for the first time since May 1946.
 

Mark Warburton

No don't expect everyone to agree, would be little point in this board, but I do admit that I am struggling to remember the last post you made that was not negative

I haven't made an negative comment for at least two months now, but I will say what I feel, I'm not one that just agree's with the board and some fans on here. Right or Wrong I don't think its the best move for the club, but I value your views like I do a lot of people on here even if I don't always agree with them. I try not to get personnal unless somebody does with me. I will be there on Saturday cheering the boys on like every home game.
 

Mark Warburton

Agreed he needs a new hobby if he can't find a small crumb of hope and happiness with what is going on at Brentford at the moment

I'm please with the news on the ground and results on the pitch, but I don't agree with the manager change simple.
 

Mark Warburton

I'm please with the news on the ground and results on the pitch, but I don't agree with the manager change simple.

Very boring if we all agreed on everything. Only time will tell and I hope you're wrong but I think you probably hope you are as well.
 

Mark Warburton

I think MB has taken a massive risk with giving the managers job to MW, mark has done a great job recruiting youngsters and I feel he should
have been kept in that role, as far as I can see in the main he has only managed at youth level where the accent is on development and not
so much on winning matches, its easy to see why he has gone down this route- continuity etc, as with Liverpool in the Shankly era, although
Paisley, Fagan etc mere much more involved with day to day in the boot room, not sure our set up was like that.
From now on its results that matter and Mark will have to battle against serious pros Clough,Jackett,Slade,Kavanagh, it will be a massive learning
curve for him and a few bad results and the crowd will be onto him, if he's not 2-0 up against Oldham in first ten minutes New Road will start
moaning.
If it was as easy as promoting a youth team coach into first team coach then Obangee has a good shout (he knows the set up), but I wouldn't think
for one moment we would have considered him.
I think Uwe wasn't confident he could get us up this season so moved on while we were in a good position and was still bleating on about a mid table
budjet when he left.
I think the learning curve required will probably mess up chances for this year, but we may have settled by next season, tin hat on, and this is only my
opinion so we will have to see what transpires.
 

Mark Warburton

I think MB has taken a massive risk with giving the managers job to MW, mark has done a great job recruiting youngsters and I feel he should
have been kept in that role, as far as I can see in the main he has only managed at youth level where the accent is on development and not
so much on winning matches, its easy to see why he has gone down this route- continuity etc, as with Liverpool in the Shankly era, although
Paisley, Fagan etc mere much more involved with day to day in the boot room, not sure our set up was like that.
From now on its results that matter and Mark will have to battle against serious pros Clough,Jackett,Slade,Kavanagh, it will be a massive learning
curve for him and a few bad results and the crowd will be onto him, if he's not 2-0 up against Oldham in first ten minutes New Road will start
moaning.
If it was as easy as promoting a youth team coach into first team coach then Obangee has a good shout (he knows the set up), but I wouldn't think
for one moment we would have considered him.
I think Uwe wasn't confident he could get us up this season so moved on while we were in a good position and was still bleating on about a mid table
budjet when he left.
I think the learning curve required will probably mess up chances for this year, but we may have settled by next season, tin hat on, and this is only my
opinion so we will have to see what transpires.

You are entitled to your opinion but seems like you've decided it won't work before it's even been tried.
I really think you're underestimating MB if you think he isn't aware of the task in hand and hasn't thought the appointment through.
It may not work out, there's no guarantees - look at Capello with England but I'm happy to put my trust in MB, he's done well for my club so far.
 

Mark Warburton

I'm thinking MW is just a stop gap, for now. To carry on with the recent successes we've had in the league under Uwe. Better for continuity at this point than a new face and all of his ideas. I would've thought that a more permanent appointment would be sorted out in the summer. It's a difficult situation (or it could be, as you and Les have put it) the club and owner have put themselves in. But we'll see soon enough.

I wish him all the best btw and I am hoping it is a masterstroke appointment. A gamble of course,but one which works.

I also feel that this is the job that MW was brought to BFC to do in the first place, so he got there in the end.
 

Mark Warburton

Thanks CB. Is there a detailed profile of him anywhere? Every press article you read regurgitates the same old stuff: "ex City trader; part-time coach at Watford, involvement in developing the Harefield Academy, NextGen," etc., but no detail on the years up to later 2000s (when he appears in a YouTube video of him taking the Watford U14s to a tournament in Germany...

The best profile of his playing days is in an article in a programme when he first joined the club with Forster.
 

Mark Warburton

You are entitled to your opinion but seems like you've decided it won't work before it's even been tried.
I really think you're underestimating MB if you think he isn't aware of the task in hand and hasn't thought the appointment through.
It may not work out, there's no guarantees - look at Capello with England but I'm happy to put my trust in MB, he's done well for my club so far.

As I said I am only expressing my thoughts, if they turn out to be wrong than tha'ts the best outcome, I am quite willing to accept that MB knows
more than me, time will tell who was right, hopefully I am wrong.
 

Mark Warburton

Mark will have to battle against serious pros Clough,Jackett,Slade,Kavanagh, it will be a massive learning curve for him .

A valid point, but he still will have (hopefully) Kernaghan and Farrell with him. Further, it seems to me that Brentford are breaking the mould here. Ten years ago most clubs in this country, apart from maybe the top few in the P/ship, would have run a mile from the 'continental' way of DoF, and managers with only limited pro playing experience (Wenger, Jose, to name but two). So who is to say that MW cannot run the team for the rest of the season, and then seamlessly slide 'back upstairs' into the DoF role, if that is what is deemed necessary by MB. Equally, Frank McP could then become manager! Just because it has never been done before, or at least, not at our level, does not mean to say it won't work.
 

Mark Warburton

when we lived at strand on the green we used to join the throng that walked down thames road and on to griffin park..... and never caught the 65 bus.

Just as well, you might not have got there, if you had relied on the bus!
However, to be fair, when I used to live in Brentford, and went to school 50 yards from the ground at the old Ealing Road school, (when the milkman still had a horse and cart, and no M4 , just the Great West Road), we used to walk everywhere, except for catching the 65 to Ealing or the 91 to Hammersmith, or the old trolley buses along Boston Manor Road.
The days of Jim Towers blasting the ball into the goal or the old Brook Road stand ( you wouldn't want to be in the way of that old leather ball on a cold wet afternoon- like concrete coming at you!)

Many people were on the breadline (plus post war rationing and all) in those days, just to bring the thread back on to Warburton!
 
Last edited:

Mark Warburton

Now we can see the fuller picture Im far happier than when I first heard that WB had the job .In fact it may be that we are actually stronger than with the old regime .
 

Mark Warburton

I couldn't remember any reference to this on the GPG. A search for "brother in law" reveals a surprisingly high number of hits. However I can't find any reference to the relationship you have mentioned.

Where did you read it please? Curious.

I'm sure I read it on here - it'd be a weird thing to make up but I can't remember where it came from.
 

Mark Warburton

As I said I am only expressing my thoughts, if they turn out to be wrong than tha'ts the best outcome, I am quite willing to accept that MB knows
more than me, time will tell who was right, hopefully I am wrong.

That's fine mate, I didn't have a pop at you, just gave you mine. :sorted:
 

Mark Warburton

I saw it on Twitter
cant remember whos tweet
I couldn't remember any reference to this on the GPG. A search for "brother in law" reveals a surprisingly high number of hits. However I can't find any reference to the relationship you have mentioned.

Where did you read it please? Curious.
 

Mark Warburton

Just as well, you might not have got there, if you had relied on the bus!
However, to be fair, when I used to live in Brentford, and went to school 50 yards from the ground at the old Ealing Road school, (when the milkman still had a horse and cart, and no M4 , just the Great West Road), we used to walk everywhere, except for catching the 65 to Ealing or the 91 to Hammersmith, or the old trolley buses along Boston Manor Road.
The days of Jim Towers blasting the ball into the goal or the old Brook Road stand ( you wouldn't want to be in the way of that old leather ball on a cold wet afternoon- like concrete coming at you!)

Many people were on the breadline (plus post war rationing and all) in those days, just to bring the thread back on to Warburton!

yep. when i got my own place in windmill road, then up to sarf ealing, (50 yards over the brentford border) still walked...... to all four pubs! happy days.
 

Mark Warburton

Very boring if we all agreed on everything. Only time will tell and I hope you're wrong but I think you probably hope you are as well.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, Im just very concerned that he has never been a manager and we are currently in a very good position.
 

Mark Warburton

I certainly hope I'm wrong, Im just very concerned that he has never been a manager and we are currently in a very good position.

As far as I am aware, MB had never been a football club owner prior to Brentford and look at the very good position we are in all round since he took over! So if MB isn't worried about MW being the manager with his level of investment in the club, neither am I with my level of investment plus my Lifeline payment!
Don't have too many sleepless nights over it, mate. I wouldn't have slept for the last 60 years if I had over pondered some of the past tragedies and happenings at this club I love!
 

Mark Warburton

Does seem a rather interesting appointment. On the one hand he has not managed a football club before, and his previous job is now given to an outsider, whilst we are
informed he will be manager to "at least the end of the season". Then, on the other hand MB is quite obviously no fool, and I wonder if he may have come up trumps here,
so I am inclined to put my trust in MB's judgement.
What I am sure of, is that there must be a number of out of work managers at the moment who are very disappointed in not having the opportunity to join such a
progressive club!!!
So, Mr Warburton, look forward to seeing you take us into the Championship at long last - oh, and please via an automatic place, not through the play-offs!
 

Mark Warburton

A valid point, but he still will have (hopefully) Kernaghan and Farrell with him. Further, it seems to me that Brentford are breaking the mould here. Ten years ago most clubs in this country, apart from maybe the top few in the P/ship, would have run a mile from the 'continental' way of DoF, and managers with only limited pro playing experience (Wenger, Jose, to name but two). So who is to say that MW cannot run the team for the rest of the season, and then seamlessly slide 'back upstairs' into the DoF role, if that is what is deemed necessary by MB. Equally, Frank McP could then become manager! Just because it has never been done before, or at least, not at our level, does not mean to say it won't work.
I know FMcP and MB/MW are good pals etc, but I still wonder about someone with L'pool on his CV, and good relationships with Houllier and Benitez etc, dropping down to League One.

Maybe this could explain the 6 month nature of the appointment? That is, if Bees should get promoted this season, then he might consider a permanent role at a Championship club (esp assuming LR gets passed by Boris and Eric)?

Which would tie-in with MW's appointment: i.e. should MW clinch Promotion and enjoy being 1st team Coach etc, then he will carry on; if not, it's back upstairs to Director, leaving FMcP free to look elsewhere?
 

Mark Warburton

But we have one of the best Academies outside the top clubs and there is a clear 'project' in play. That's an exciting prospect to be running with, regardless of whether you've been with Liverpool or Hartlepool.
 

Mark Warburton

Managers who have not managed.

Was not Nigel Adkins in charge of the sponge at Scunthorpe before he became their manager ?
 

Mark Warburton

Just as well, you might not have got there, if you had relied on the bus!
However, to be fair, when I used to live in Brentford, and went to school 50 yards from the ground at the old Ealing Road school, (when the milkman still had a horse and cart, and no M4 , just the Great West Road), we used to walk everywhere, except for catching the 65 to Ealing or the 91 to Hammersmith, or the old trolley buses along Boston Manor Road.
The days of Jim Towers blasting the ball into the goal or the old Brook Road stand ( you wouldn't want to be in the way of that old leather ball on a cold wet afternoon- like concrete coming at you!)

Many people were on the breadline (plus post war rationing and all) in those days, just to bring the thread back on to Warburton!
Blimey your recollections certainly take me back ! I went to Ealing Rd too ('56/61) Mr Whitty was Head .When were you there ?
 

Mark Warburton

What I am sure of, is that there must be a number of out of work managers at the moment who are very disappointed in not having the opportunity to join such a progressive club!!!

I wonder why they are out of work, I think along the lines that most of them have failed!!!!, At least we have appointed someone in work who knows what is required by the owner, A brave and excellent move me thinks.
 

Mark Warburton

Blimey your recollections certainly take me back ! I went to Ealing Rd too ('56/61) Mr Whitty was Head .When were you there ?

I was there just a few years before that -52/54, and then my parents moved, but my family/grandparents etc..had lived in the Brentford area for about 80 years before that. Mr Whitty was head as well, when I was there, and my first ever teacher was Miss Woodward. Amazing how the memory drags up these thoughts!
I think certain parts of Brentford were still lit by gaslight then, unbelievably! Obviously supported the Bees since I was half the size of a corner flag, and before anyone says it, am taller now.
 

Mark Warburton

I think he was physio?

He was but he had in fact managed before at a lower level (IIRC winning the League of Wales championship with Bangor) and had been a professional player, then went on to train to become a physio.
 

Mark Warburton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom