Mark Warburton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Warburton

i thought i told you to "do one" cyber warrior king ??? pay attention at the back.....your stone is calling you

and anyway, if we lose the next 3 games i think you'll find that might be the general concensus anyway.....not that we will ;)


lol, i must admit reading your posts is better than watching the drivel on the bbc, who btw seem to have forgotten to keep up to date with recent events concerning BFC

either way i've spent just as much, if not more than you supporting this club please do one yourself

and feel free to show us all a pic

so sorry for your poor suffering wife, it must be hard to cope with a husband yearning for a constant need for attention!
 

Mark Warburton

I'm pleased with the appointment, Warbs has good contacts and good knowledge of the game.

Mark Warburtons Bread and White Army, has a good ring to it.

Bread Army, Bread Army, Bread Army.
 

Mark Warburton

In today's print issue of the Daily Telegraph there is the announcement (page S8) of Mark as the new manager of Brentford. How did they know that?

Because they print the newspapers very late, and after last night's announcement was made.
 

Mark Warburton

lol, i must admit reading your posts is better than watching the drivel on the bbc, who btw seem to have forgotten to keep up to date with recent events concerning BFC

either way i've spent just as much, if not more than you supporting this club please do one yourself

and feel free to show us all a pic

so sorry for your poor suffering wife, it must be hard to cope with a husband yearning for a constant need for attention!

ive told you to leave the family stuff out of your posts.....feel free to throw abuse from behind your computer at ME as much as you like but you are very close to stepping over that line......continue down that line and i will arrange to meet you somewhere before the next game for a chat
 

Mark Warburton

lol, i must admit reading your posts is better than watching the drivel on the bbc, who btw seem to have forgotten to keep up to date with recent events concerning BFC

either way i've spent just as much, if not more than you supporting this club please do one yourself

and feel free to show us all a pic

so sorry for your poor suffering wife, it must be hard to cope with a husband yearning for a constant need for attention!

Please can we once and for all regardless of whether we agree or disagree with one another refrain from bringing peoples families into the argument. Its tasteless and extremely unpleasant
 

Mark Warburton

ive told you to leave the family stuff out of your posts.....feel free to throw abuse from behind your computer at ME as much as you like but you are very close to stepping over that line......continue down that line and i will arrange to meet you somewhere before the next game for a chat


pm me
 

Mark Warburton

Stay on his side if things go pear-shaped.
This will be a nightmare appointment if the fans get on his back as he has worked wonders for this club and if we drive him out before the season is up I fear he may leave the club.
If we have a bad season but we leave him to it he'll be back where he belongs as sporting director for next year.
SO STAY OFF HIS BACK ( i'm talking to you new road ).

Back off Buster, don't know you so look after you and yours and The New road will take care of it's own.
 

Mark Warburton

This is a family club. A place where the BYE and Derek from the coaches can be at one together.
 

Mark Warburton

There is a page for supporter top trumps so voice and abeetillvoice can play nicely... I got offered out by a MOD recently it simply is not worth the hassle and rather pointless
 

Mark Warburton

You may end up brown bread! Or bronzed bread at least.
 

Mark Warburton

sh*t. Phone playing up. Thought this was the MW Manager thread not some weird cuss yer fam thread from General Gossip...

Anyway, after hearing we've got McParland on board too, I don't think I could be any more excited about the future of our team. We're gonna rule the world :bound:.
 

Mark Warburton

Reading all that has been said on many different threads.

The thoughts that I have arrived at is MB had made it clear that if an offer/position became available he would not stand in Uwe's way, for family reasons of course.
Uwe never hid the fact that he wanted to reach the top and would always at some point move on.

With both parties aware of this, Uwe knew that if he wanted to offer/apply for positions he was free to do so. Wigan fitted for all, maybe a little earlier than expected but never the less.

This allowed the planning we all know MB is fantastic at to take place without the need to hide it. MW has been allowed to keep coaches/ sporting directors under his remit along with following players developments for just this reason. Then when needed you are placed to take the best decision as and when required.

Conclusion ; everyone is happy with their lot, we all move on.
 

Mark Warburton

When I went to schoolyou just had to say your MUM if you wanted to have a fight with someone
 

Mark Warburton

MB has demonstrated that he takes solid and thought-out decisions that are in the interests of constantly progressing BFC to a successful future.
The decision on MW eliminates that period of time that an outside appointment takes to settle in. Before you know it 5 or 6 games go by, and we haven't got the luxury of time to go backwards, whilst someone who doesn't know and understands the BFC set up, beds in.
Also, MB is the guy who has/is/will be investing a lot in this club, and he obviously isn't going to gamble wildly on an appointment he doesn 't believe in, and he thinks this isthe best chance of getting us promoted. BRENTFORD is now a very professionally run club, thanks to MB.
So MB, MW and all the players deserve and need the biggest GP cheer and roar possible on Saturday, so loud that it will be heard all the way up the M6!!!
By showing our complete support, we can do our part in getting the Bees promoted. We should remember that whilst we expect the manager/coaching team to train and coach the players, we are also jointly responsible with them in motivating the players through our support to help achieve success.
Our welcome to all concerned on Saturday will demonstrate to all of our competitors in this league, that we are as one and not divided, and that we are now stronger than ever.

All obvious stuff I know, but I do feel more confident by the continuity than by a newcomer, even though I chose an external name from the possibles. But then MW was the surprise factor from MB.

Just as an aside I think we will all look at another local derby match's result on Sunday, and perhaps we are allowed, just this once and to get it out of our system,to see an away win. That's me done on that, and I'll not refer backwards again, promise.
 

Mark Warburton

This may sound weird but looking at the pictures of MW's first training session has further reassured me he's the right man. I don't know what I was expecting to see though?
 

Mark Warburton

Good decision. MW can keep the team focused on confirming our play-off spot (and perhaps something better?) with minimum disruption and fuss. We don't need big changes in personnel or tactics; everything's going just fine. It will also reduce the risk of further defections either from coaching or playing staff. Meanwhile McParland can concentrate on finding and developing the bright new prospects that will transform next season and the one after. He certainly has the contacts and the nous to do that very well.

A typically level-headed and sensible decision from MB, betraying years of experience in business.
 

Mark Warburton

I'm personally delighted with the appoinent !!! The future is looking bright at Brentford =D Now let's get ourselves down to Griffin Park as 'our home' still stands for now and sing our team to victory against Oldham !!!

ps ... Sorry for going off of the intriguing topic from above ;P
 

Mark Warburton

Someone said earlier on that MW is MB's brother-in-law.

I couldn't remember any reference to this on the GPG. A search for "brother in law" reveals a surprisingly high number of hits. However I can't find any reference to the relationship you have mentioned.

Where did you read it please? Curious.
 

Mark Warburton

I have to admit i know nothing much about Warbs. But I know he 's good for the club . He had a chance to do one with WBA, He never, Says a bit about the man he believes in what we are doing as a club.Uwe obviously was only interested in himself. Harsh but true. If I was funding the club, I would want People that I can trust. We will get there at some point.
 

Mark Warburton

Best of luck to him, but certainly very very concerned. What happens if it doesn't work out, I dread to think. Lets hope he's a great success and a win on Saturday will help.
 

Mark Warburton

I've worked with Mark for over 8 years now. Mark has worked with some of the best clubs in the world and studied the game at the highest level in the UK and Europe. This a great chance for Mark and Brentford. Mark believes in giving young players a brake and playing with the ball on the ground. He knows what this opportunity is and leaving the 1st division this season is a must. Looking forward to the games ahead.
 

Mark Warburton

So MB, MW and all the players deserve and need the biggest GP cheer and roar possible on Saturday, so loud that it will be heard all the way up the M6!!!
from the possibles.

But not so loud that it will upset the residents of Strand on the Green as they go about their local heritage good deeds.
 

Mark Warburton

I couldn't remember any reference to this on the GPG. A search for "brother in law" reveals a surprisingly high number of hits. However I can't find any reference to the relationship you have mentioned.

Where did you read it please? Curious.

Saw someone mention it on twitter earlier which I guess is were they also read it. Was surprised at this also as had never heard this before but after having a quick look at previous tweets they seemed a bit simple so didn't take much notice
 

Mark Warburton

I have to admit i know nothing much about Warbs. But I know he 's good for the club . He had a chance to do one with WBA, He never, Says a bit about the man he believes in what we are doing as a club.Uwe obviously was only interested in himself. Harsh but true. If I was funding the club, I would want People that I can trust. We will get there at some point.

Mate. I agree with a lot you post but to say he is only interested in himself is a tad out of order. Lets not forget he and his wife lost their baby just before our playoff final and he still turned up and did his job. Who knows how that and being away from his family for long periods has had it's toll on his marriage. No football club is worth that. He's done well for this club I love the style of play now ( mostly !!) and feel this will be continued with the new Manager and all who he has around him.
Rant over :wave:
 
Last edited:

Mark Warburton

Saw someone mention it on twitter earlier which I guess is were they also read it. Was surprised at this also as had never heard this before but after having a quick look at previous tweets they seemed a bit simple so didn't take much notice
trust me there not related.
 

Mark Warburton

Mate. I agree with a lot you post but to say he is only interested in himself is a tad out of order. Lets not forget ha and his wife lost their baby just before our playoff final and he still turned up and did his job. Who knows how that and being away from his family for long periods has had it's toll on his marriage. No football club is worth that. He's done well for this club I love the style of play now ( mostly !!) and feel this will be continued with the new Manager and all who he has around him.
Rant over :wave:
He did know the score when he took the job, maybe it was a bit harsh, Me and my Mrs lost three babies, Take it from me you still have to get on with it. I know this is irrelevant to Uwe 's situation. but thats life .
 

Mark Warburton

Best of luck to him, but certainly very very concerned. What happens if it doesn't work out, I dread to think. Lets hope he's a great success and a win on Saturday will help.

Don't worry be positive, I've just got a nice new pair of slightly pink glasses, you should get some too!
 

Mark Warburton

The most important question that remains to be answered about this appointment; is he going to wear a suit or will it be casual sports wear?
 

Mark Warburton

This feels like a good appointment. Sensible in respect of continuity for the current team whilst leaving open the Breadman's contacts with the Development Squads of the top clubs.
 

Mark Warburton

I've worked with Mark for over 8 years now. Mark has worked with some of the best clubs in the world and studied the game at the highest level in the UK and Europe. This a great chance for Mark and Brentford. Mark believes in giving young players a brake and playing with the ball on the ground. He knows what this opportunity is and leaving the 1st division this season is a must. Looking forward to the games ahead.

Then perhaps you would tell Mark we are all looking forward to the games ahead. ;)
 

Mark Warburton

But not so loud that it will upset the residents of Strand on the Green as they go about their local heritage good deeds.

And, please, do not impair the cultural enjoyment of those tourists viewing the Pagoda in Kew Gardens !
 

Mark Warburton

Best of luck to him, but certainly very very concerned. What happens if it doesn't work out, I dread to think. Lets hope he's a great success and a win on Saturday will help.

Have you ever thought of taking a job at the Samaritans at least you wouldn't get any repeat calls!!!!,
 

Mark Warburton

I'd just like to say good luck Mark Warburton. As if his day couldn't get any better, we have a smiley for him. :warbs: That's when you know you've arrived.
 

Mark Warburton

All the very BEST to him and the new man also... Bees ! on the up * :beer:
 

Mark Warburton

I just think its a cop out and im sure we could have got somebody that has at leasted managed before. Hope your right and he takes us to glory but what happens if he doesnt does he go back to his old job. Lets just wait and see. By the way does that mean if you are always positive and agree with everything the board does your right and if you dont agree with the board your wrong.
 

Mark Warburton

:warbs: Let's get a 6-0 mega win on Saturday. Thanks. :warbs
 

Mark Warburton

30 years ago MW and I worked in the same bank, now he's managing MY team - Geez it just gets better
 

Mark Warburton

This might be the daftest comment ever on the gpg

But I think it would be beneficial if mw doesn't make a great start to his reign! That way he will get all mistakes out of the way sooner rather than later. We don't want us finishing the season on a downward spiral. The most important thing is to finish we'll not start well


you stupid stupid stupid boy
 

Mark Warburton

I couldn't remember any reference to this on the GPG. A search for "brother in law" reveals a surprisingly high number of hits. However I can't find any reference to the relationship you have mentioned.

Where did you read it please? Curious.

I read that too and searched to no avail
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom