Mark Warburton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Warburton

Wouldn't mind being a pound behind failures Zola and Wilkins.
Wilkins managerial stats are not that bad either, just he prefers coaching.
 

Mark Warburton

I reckon we should get the old Cheerleaders back and call them... Warburton"s Crumpets

Glad Paul Hayes has gone to Scunny... Never was a fan of Warburton's Thickest ('Thick Cut' was a bit too harsh).

Reckon Swindon will put us under immense pressure in the first 45 minutes but we'll turn things round after the break... A real case of Warburton's Half and Half.

Heard we're lining up a swoop for a striker from FC Copenhagen... Warburton's Danish...

Any more? I'm going to have another attempt at sleeping through this sh*t weather. Night.
 

Mark Warburton

I reckon we should get the old Cheerleaders back and call them... Warburton"s Crumpets

Glad Paul Hayes has gone to Scunny... Never was a fan of Warburton's Thickest ('Thick Cut' was a bit too harsh).

Reckon Swindon will put us under immense pressure in the first 45 minutes but we'll turn things round after the break... A real case of Warburton's Half and Half.

Heard we're lining up a swoop for a striker from FC Copenhagen... Warburton's Danish...

Any more? I'm going to have another attempt at sleeping through this sh*t weather. Night.

Brentfords new manager continues there promotion push,by USING HIS LOAF
 

Mark Warburton

their

Why you up so early. Baking bread?
 

Mark Warburton

Since MW's appointment we've become the best thing since sliced bread.
 

Mark Warburton

Continues his great start to his managerial career at the Bees. 3 out of 3 :sorted:

Certainly changed our defending of corners and we seem to press forward more than under Uwe.
 

Mark Warburton

Great manager :warbs: we have now !...Hope we keep the same set up for a long time
 

Mark Warburton

3 left up from there corner. #attacking :sorted:
 

Mark Warburton

Was impressed that he told Farid not to muck about with a corner but to get in the box and attack

Was saying to a friend at the match that had no idea what changes he would make, would it be put on a defensive player or continue to attack. Guess we found out the answer the breadman is looking to win every game attack attack attack!!!!
 

Mark Warburton

Great victory and good substitutions. Well done :warbs: again today we left two or three up when defending corners in the second half.
 

Mark Warburton

You can see the logic,if we keep three up they have to keep three back.

Looking forward to the day when we just leave Button and Tony (I can defend on my own) Craig back. That'll frighten the opposition.
 

Mark Warburton

Looking forward to the day when we just leave Button and Tony (I can defend on my own) Craig back. That'll frighten the opposition.

Swindon only had 3 back for one of ours.. lol
 

Mark Warburton

I like the change, he's far more attacking that Uwe, I didn't like Grigg on the left though, Uwe has shown that doesn't work, things like that get my goat up. Other than that, we came back twice, showed superb character and fitness once again as we sap the energy and belief from the opposition, Byrne was superb for them in the first half but ends up looking a donkey as the ref blows up due to our pressing and his donkey mates laying it all on him by passing to him in stupid situations.
Swindon are a good side, Pritchard was class but I worried about how easily they looked like they were going to open us up, we haven't looked that suspect at the back for a fair while, I see more of the same on Sunday, an open game with twists and turns, by FT Swindon were well and truly beaten IMO.
 

Mark Warburton

I like the change, he's far more attacking that Uwe, I didn't like Grigg on the left though, Uwe has shown that doesn't work, things like that get my goat up. Other than that, we came back twice, showed superb character and fitness once again as we sap the energy and belief from the opposition, Byrne was superb for them in the first half but ends up looking a donkey as the ref blows up due to our pressing and his donkey mates laying it all on him by passing to him in stupid situations.
Swindon are a good side, Pritchard was class but I worried about how easily they looked like they were going to open us up, we haven't looked that suspect at the back for a fair while, I see more of the same on Sunday, an open game with twists and turns, by FT Swindon were well and truly beaten IMO.

Fair assessment. They worried us more at the back than anyone and I too see MK being a similar challenge!
 

Mark Warburton

100% record and now the 86th longest serving manager in the league. It was mad at the end of game when we sent in a corner with two of our forwards and a couple of their defenders, not sure i have seen one like that. Overall the Breadman is keeping to the plan of not making wholesale changes but keeping a consistent approach with a bit of welcome adjustments. His big test will what happens in January, keeping the loanees or bringing in a bit of cover, new blood while not losing the moementum we currently have.
 

Mark Warburton

I like that he's using Dallas and Reeves.
It's good our youngsters can see a route to the first XI.
 

Mark Warburton

Did Matthew Benham ever reveal the thinking behind his 'cryptive' tweet? ****ed if I had a clue.
 

Mark Warburton

This is not the Brentford I have been following for the past 35 seasons.
And we've moved up a gear since Uwe's departure.
Is this really happening? :confused:
 

Mark Warburton

This is not the Brentford I have been following for the past 35 seasons.
And we've moved up a gear since Uwe's departure.
Is this really happening? :confused:

Yes Warbs is not tactically naive and attacks =- who misses Rosler!
 

Mark Warburton

Can't doubt the great start to his managerial career but he got the subs wrong today IMHO. Too early in the game to start resting players for the Posh game. Unbalanced the side and sent out the message that the game was won which it wasn't.

If they had put away the open goal chance shortly after their first it might have ended differently.
 
Last edited:

Mark Warburton

Can't doubt the great start to his managerial career but he got the subs wrong today IMHO. Too early in the game to start resting players for the Posh game. Unbalanced the side and sent out the message that the game was won which it wasn't.

If they had put away the open goal chance shortly after their first it might have ended in differently.

Can't see that they were that wrong tbh. Saving Forshaw and Mac, time for Logan and Dallas. Didn't see the imbalance. Farid harried well for a knackered Trotta. They are a decent side and always looked dangerous. Job done well.
 

Mark Warburton

Can't doubt the great start to his managerial career but he got the subs wrong today IMHO. Too early in the game to start resting players for the Posh game. Unbalanced the side and sent out the message that the game was won which it wasn't.

If they had put away the open goal chance shortly after their first it might have ended in differently.

I would disagree i think they where right Dallas get's game time can't disagree with that Warbs is doing a excellent job 3 games with 3 goals scored very happy
 

Mark Warburton

Adam was taken off to early imo.amazing how much of a difference two players make as we looked much weaker without him and Mac
 

Mark Warburton

Could argue either way regarding the subs however at the end of the day they were rested, avoided any cards and the papers will show we won!!!!

Think the Breadman has a refreshing view on football and with 4 wins and 10 goals it would be churlish to criticise!!!!
 

Mark Warburton

Can't doubt the great start to his managerial career but he got the subs wrong today IMHO. Too early in the game to start resting players for the Posh game. Unbalanced the side and sent out the message that the game was won which it wasn't.

If they had put away the open goal chance shortly after their first it might have ended differently.

Agree. Dallas for Forshaw also left us more open in midfield and we began to be overrun. I was very surprised that the third sub wasn't KOC or Toumani to shore things up. I like Warburton's positivity, it's very refreshing and over the course of a season will bring its rewards - but we are going to have to accept that we will probably drop points unnecessarily from time to time.
 

Mark Warburton

Agree. Dallas for Forshaw also left us more open in midfield and we began to be overrun. I was very surprised that the third sub wasn't KOC or Toumani to shore things up. I like Warburton's positivity, it's very refreshing and over the course of a season will bring its rewards - but we are going to have to accept that we will probably drop points unnecessarily from time to time.

What he wrote- brave but a bit gung-ho bringing on Farid when Sav was knackered and on a yellow but fortune favours the brave sometimes.
 

Mark Warburton

Can't doubt the great start to his managerial career but he got the subs wrong today IMHO. Too early in the game to start resting players for the Posh game. Unbalanced the side and sent out the message that the game was won which it wasn't.

If they had put away the open goal chance shortly after their first it might have ended differently.

I agree the subs weren't great. However Adam and Alan got a rest and we won, so overall it worked. Also a bit of a shock to the system as well, don't want us getting comfortable now we are top.
 

Mark Warburton

What he wrote- brave but a bit gung-ho bringing on Farid when Sav was knackered and on a yellow but fortune favours the brave sometimes.

I think in the long run we'll accumulate more points from MW's aggressive attacking approach to seeing out games and subs than Uwe's more 'pragmatic' style of safety first. Goal difference is certainly benefitting.
 

Mark Warburton

Can't doubt the great start to his managerial career but he got the subs wrong today IMHO. Too early in the game to start resting players for the Posh game. Unbalanced the side and sent out the message that the game was won which it wasn't.

If they had put away the open goal chance shortly after their first it might have ended differently.

we became very unbalanced, Adam had a quite game, was he sick? we lost that attacking threat but if our players were tired so were MK..
 

Mark Warburton

What he wrote- brave but a bit gung-ho bringing on Farid when Sav was knackered and on a yellow but fortune favours the brave sometimes.

Didn't bring Saville off as he is suspended for next game and will have loads of rest, more important to rest players who are required for Wednesday.
 

Mark Warburton

Didn't bring Saville off as he is suspended for next game and will have loads of rest, more important to rest players who are required for Wednesday.

Good point but boy was he knackered. Still kept going though.
 

Mark Warburton

Could he be in line for manager of the month?

He's won all 4 of his league games, majority against top sides, and with plenty of goals... Can anyone else top that??
 

Mark Warburton

Could he be in line for manager of the month?

He's won all 4 of his league games, majority against top sides, and with plenty of goals... Can anyone else top that??

between him and fat boy from Rotherham..
 

Mark Warburton

Agree that Forshaw coming off was probably a bit too early and allowed MK back into the game. But really it's difficult to criticise Warburton, I'm loving his attacking style, the game was made for Diagouraga or O'Connor to shore things up last 15 minutes but instead he brought on Farid and looked to get another goal!
 

Mark Warburton

I like his 'tweaks' - the more attacking 'we win if we score more than the opposition' attitude is a positive and refreshing change to his predecessor - and i'm not knocking Rosler.
 

Mark Warburton

Adam was taken off to early imo.amazing how much of a difference two players make as we looked much weaker without him and Mac

Yet some people on here think we can easily replace a player like AF at the drop of a hat.
Ludicrous.
 

Mark Warburton

Someone suggested that it looked as if Farid was saying his good byes to the crowd after the match I sincerely hope not - he has so much to offer.
 

Mark Warburton

Conspiracy theories abound,

I was watching from the grassy knoll and was sure I saw Clayton and Harlee waving!!!!!!!!
 

Mark Warburton

Conspiracy theories abound,

I was watching from the grassy knoll and was sure I saw Clayton and Harlee waving!!!!!!!!

I saw Warburton doing the same, ****ing WBA bound now.. :(
 

Mark Warburton

I like his 'tweaks' - the more attacking 'we win if we score more than the opposition' attitude is a positive and refreshing change to his predecessor - and i'm not knocking Rosler.

Very Keegan-esque
"We'll just score more than you"

Great for fans...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom