Michael Chennells

blunstone

Active member
Joined
9 Jun 2004
Messages
4,513
Reaction score
5
Location
Western Cape, South Africa

Michael Chennells

ANDY Scott is also running his over Windsor and Eton striker Michael Chennels who is currently on trial.

We have done rather well with non-league signings over the years.

And made a few quid for the club too which we don't tend to do with older players.
 

Michael Chennells

has a very good goals/game ratio in non league. if he could convert even a 1/3 of that in League one it will be a nifty bit of busness
 

Michael Chennells

Hardly got on the ball last night. More impressed with McLeod.

However, his record is impressive. Hope he stays with the squad a bit longer.
 

Michael Chennells

He could of scored with his first touch

And just think what that would of done to his confidence. He got thrown in at the deep end last night, but with a goal scoring record like he has, might be worth developing. If we get McCleod, It might be worth taking a chance with Chennells but loan him out to a conference team.
 

Michael Chennells

Was lively last night, and showed good movement which suggests a good football brain at least.

Certainly not over the hill at 24, and great goalscoring record. Might be a cheap No. 5 striker, and means we'd be able to keep Hudson & Weston in their strongest positions, or after Wood & Spillane's performances last night, on the bench!
 

Michael Chennells

His record says he's worth a punt.
 

Michael Chennells

i suggest signing him up for a year (with a choice to extend) then see how he goes, bare in mind the guy doesnt even play in Hayes and Yeadings league, I think he looked quite good.
 

Michael Chennells

ANDY Scott is also running his over Windsor and Eton striker Michael Chennels who is currently on trial.

We have done rather well with non-league signings over the years.

And made a few quid for the club too which we don't tend to do with older players.

There are 2 Ls in Chennells

Corrected thread title for you . . .

:wave:
 

Michael Chennells

i suggest signing him up for a year (with a choice to extend) then see how he goes, bare in mind the guy doesnt even play in Hayes and Yeadings league, I think he looked quite good.

lol

Bit eager to offer him a contract... Let him work for a contract first!!

Maybe he impressed last night?
 

Michael Chennells

Got another week of him according to www.wefc.co.uk checking their forum it seems Gavin Tomlin came from them but they reckon that Chennells is better than Tomlin.
 

Michael Chennells

I must be missing something we have this guy on trial and he played v Palace? I was at Palace and didnt see him? Someone please help.
 

Michael Chennells

I must be missing something we have this guy on trial and he played v Palace? I was at Palace and didnt see him? Someone please help.

He came on when we had mass substitutions. Had a clear heading chance mins later from Hunts corner but it came off his shoulder and went wide
 

Michael Chennells

I must be missing something we have this guy on trial and he played v Palace? I was at Palace and didnt see him? Someone please help.

was no. 17, no name on shirt. i thought he looked very eager and lively, did really well to get to a header from the corner, and wasn't far away from scoring.
 

Michael Chennells

Funny, I thought, funny, the comments on here are the opposite of the comments made on BeesPlayer about the young mans abilities
 

Michael Chennells

Saw him play for Windsor a couple of years ago. Looked good. Very surprised to learn he was still there.
 

Michael Chennells

Handed another weeks trial
 

Michael Chennells

Surely he is worth a punt? His wages will be low and the transfer fee will only be a few grand... whats the risk in that?

If we are making bids of £150 000 here and there, lets spend a small amount on this bloke, and if it doesn't pay off... so what? But if it does... :D:D:D *rubs hands together*
 

Michael Chennells

I say give the lad a chance , offer him a years contract and basically go with what we did with Leon last season, start him in the game against Cheltenham give him a run in the reserves and work on his fitness and see what happens , we need a couple of younger strikers to make the Talismen of Forster , Cort and Mac work for there place in the squad . As much as I liked Strevens attitiude last season felt he had too much of an easy time at Brentford and look forward to things this season as I think no players position in this new look squad is safe .
 

Michael Chennells

Surely he is worth a punt? His wages will be low and the transfer fee will only be a few grand... whats the risk in that?

If we are making bids of £150 000 here and there, lets spend a small amount on this bloke, and if it doesn't pay off... so what? But if it does... :D:D:D *rubs penis vigorously *

wow, ur excited ;)
 

Michael Chennells

I say give the lad a chance , offer him a years contract and basically go with what we did with Leon last season, start him in the game against Cheltenham give him a run in the reserves and work on his fitness and see what happens , we need a couple of younger strikers to make the Talismen of Forster , Cort and Mac work for there place in the squad . As much as I liked Strevens attitiude last season felt he had too much of an easy time at Brentford and look forward to things this season as I think no players position in this new look squad is safe .

agreed. no disrespect whatsoever to our more experienced players, but it could be very good to have them looking over their shoulders at a young hungry player champing at the bit to wear the shirt on matchdays.
 

Michael Chennells

wow, ur excited ;)

Did I say that? I must have got carried away! lollollol

On a serious note, we really do need a young striker to challenge our golden oldies up front for that starting spot. Wood and Legge were both non-leaguers and they have been a real revelation, so lets give this guy a chance. His team seem to think very highly of him.
 

Michael Chennells

Did I say that? I must have got carried away! lollollol

On a serious note, we really do need a young striker to challenge our golden oldies up front for that starting spot. Wood and Legge were both non-leaguers and they have been a real revelation, so lets give this guy a chance. His team seem to think very highly of him.

I have a feeling this one will sign on the dotted line with alexander.
 

Michael Chennells

maybe were signing him reason probably we didnt get McLoed
 

Michael Chennells

Did I say that? I must have got carried away! lollollol

On a serious note, we really do need a young striker to challenge our golden oldies up front for that starting spot. Wood and Legge were both non-leaguers and they have been a real revelation, so lets give this guy a chance. His team seem to think very highly of him.

Can't comment on this guy's ability, but if a deal would be cheap it's worth gambling on a young non-league striker for a year as your 5th choice. Even as 5th choice, he'd probably get a few sub appearances to see whether he's up to it
 

Michael Chennells

Can't comment on this guy's ability, but if a deal would be cheap it's worth gambling on a young non-league striker for a year as your 5th choice. Even as 5th choice, he'd probably get a few sub appearances to see whether he's up to it

I thought AS plan was for Hudson to be turned into a striker, surely that makes him 5th place and this lad would be well down the pecking order.
 

Michael Chennells

If we gave Strevens that many chances to shine last season, without him really showing anything (and does anyone remember Kabba:mad1:) it must be a good idea to keep Chennells him as a back up and give him the chance to work his way into the team, come on its a steal! :D
 

Michael Chennells

Just looking at Windsor and Eton's website and Chennells has 110 goals in 172 starts according to his profile. At any level that is impressive!
 

Michael Chennells

Apparently on their website its says he can play wide right as well as striker.
Must be worth a years contract as he will be on low wages :sorted:
 

Michael Chennells

Apparently on their website its says he can play wide right as well as striker.
Must be worth a years contract as he will be on low wages :sorted:

They will want a fee.
 

Michael Chennells

Nothing against the guy, I've never even seen him, but I'll be a little annoyed if we sign him ahead of McLeod. I know he'll be cheaper, but it's not like we don't have the money.
 

Michael Chennells

Nothing against the guy, I've never even seen him, but I'll be a little annoyed if we sign him ahead of McLeod. I know he'll be cheaper, but it's not like we don't have the money.

It is not always about the money
 

Michael Chennells

Nothing against the guy, I've never even seen him, but I'll be a little annoyed if we sign him ahead of McLeod. I know he'll be cheaper, but it's not like we don't have the money.
I'd guess it's more about value than price. McLeod - disrupt a carefully built dressing room vs. non-league hopeful - keen, with energy and effort.
 

Michael Chennells

Nothing against the guy, I've never even seen him, but I'll be a little annoyed if we sign him ahead of McLeod. I know he'll be cheaper, but it's not like we don't have the money.
Presumably, you know both players well and have first hand experience of working with them over the summer, assessed their fitness, attitude and demands so know that McLeod will fit in better with the set of players AS has assembled?
 

Michael Chennells

Nothing against the guy, I've never even seen him, but I'll be a little annoyed if we sign him ahead of McLeod. I know he'll be cheaper, but it's not like we don't have the money.

Is it me or in McLeod slowley becoming the new Akinde ;)

It is well documented McLeod has attitude issues and as JLove has said why risk him disrupting the dressing room.
 

Michael Chennells

Presumably, you know both players well and have first hand experience of working with them over the summer, assessed their fitness, attitude and demands so know that McLeod will fit in better with the set of players AS has assembled?
:D

I suppose it's a balance of "nice guys" and "good players".

McLeod's attitude didn't appear to do MK Dons any harm when they romped to the League 2 championship :fishing:
 

Michael Chennells

I thought AS plan was for Hudson to be turned into a striker, surely that makes him 5th place and this lad would be well down the pecking order.

AS wants two players competing for every place - Chennells/Hudson could fight it out as the two fighting to be turned into a winger or even for being
5th choice something or other.
 

Michael Chennells

:D

I suppose it's a balance of "nice guys" and "good players".

McLeod's attitude didn't appear to do MK Dons any harm when they romped to the League 2 championship :fishing:

Does not mean he is good enough for us. Anyway waste of time talking about it further, as we have already confirmed that we dont want him.
 

Michael Chennells

McLeod's attitude didn't appear to do MK Dons any harm when they romped to the League 2 championship
... but he's done nothing since... and MKD seem to have become a fighting unit, judging by their disciplinary record.
 

Michael Chennells

:D

I suppose it's a balance of "nice guys" and "good players".

McLeod's attitude didn't appear to do MK Dons any harm when they romped to the League 2 championship :fishing:

who would you rather have had at the start of last year - McLeod or Charlie Austin? Who would you rather have now? :fishing:
 
Back
Top Bottom