Michael Kayode

Michael Kayode

He has the raw ingredients and we have the know how to make this work .
 

Michael Kayode

Tried too hard early on when keeping it simple should’ve been the order of the day. But it’s part of the learning experience and he’ll be all the better for it. Does he start at Forest?
 

Michael Kayode

I thought he stated like a cat on a hot tin roof, then settled down to some very assertive and effective defending.
And then couldn’t control his emotions throwing the ball away like an excited Sergi. Then had to be very careful.
 

Michael Kayode

Great potential, nothing fabulously good or outrageously bad.Didn't try anything too adventurous passing through the first third but kept passes simple.Some great runs to create space for Bryan.7/10 (Hard to drop Ajer but I think I would)
 

Michael Kayode

Silly booking, could have cost us. Shaky start but as others have said settled down and started to show the talent he has. Likes to get forward
 

Michael Kayode

Great athlete, but has a lot of rough edges
 

Michael Kayode

Wish he’d just gone over and head butted Joao Pedro in the first minute and broke his nose, then ran over and pulled some mad king-fu moves on Van Hecke before drop kicking that mug. Then walked off waving to the West Stand and flicking the Vs at Tony Bloom.

But no. He ruined it all. He ruined his chance of becoming a proper Brentford legend by playing football and stuff.

Don’t like the bloke tbh.

But will give him a second chance to redeem himself.
 

Michael Kayode

I want to see him start again for the pure entertainment value. Limbs flying everywhere when he runs, long throw missiles, attitude. The chaotic energy is something to behold.
 

Michael Kayode

Putting to one side the jokes about how he runs, chaotic energy, etc., I really like what I’ve seen so far from Kayode. Of course he is young and our coaches will only improve his game. When Hickey is fit, I’m sure the two of them will compete for the right back spot (and Ajer will move to the bench).
 

Michael Kayode

Silly booking, could have cost us. Shaky start but as others have said settled down and started to show the talent he has. Likes to get forward
Why would a booking have cost us ? Collins also got booked
 

Michael Kayode

Thought he was in danger of a second booking and leave us with 10 men. Collins is a mature defender this lad is a rookie and vulnerable to rash decision making
Was it ever a danger though?
 

Michael Kayode

Love his energy. He's really good going forward and works well defensively. Yes he'll make a mistake sometimes but he's going to add so much to the team in the future.
 

Michael Kayode

Seems to be gelling quite well with Mbuemo on the right and working overlaps together. His yellow card was silly, but something he will learn from. I thought that was a good first start, and look forward to seeing more from him
 

Michael Kayode

I was very relieved when he go subbed. Thought he was a red card waiting to happen. Very entertaining though!
 

Michael Kayode

I was very relieved when he go subbed. Thought he was a red card waiting to happen. Very entertaining though!
I thought the same. He looked very hyped up to start with. I suspect Collins was calming him down and he settled. His overlap running with Bryan is very useful.

Loved how he wanted to join in with the Wissa Bryan celebration .

As someone else said before the game he was always going to be subbed on the 60ish mark, but is suspect TF didn’t want to take any chances with them down to 10.
 

Michael Kayode

Blimey the lad has a good arm. That throw in the first half. Like a missile
Not the one that got him booked? ? That was a harsh yellow imo. Bit silly
What a player, he’s like engaging cheat mode or playing a joker - didn’t know that was allowed from the start of the match or whether it would come off. Runs like Optimus Prime on Viagra. Enjoy the madness i reckon he’s here for a good time not a long time.
 

Michael Kayode

He started the first half facing João Pedro, Kayode defended against him so well he moved more central so Michael followed him for a while but then left him to Collins… so I’d like to think that MK started the frustration that eventually led to the red card!
 

Michael Kayode

What I.really.like about Kayode is that he is confident and demands the ball. It was his first start yesterday and his performance was memorable both good and bad at times. We need characters after losing Ivan, Sergi and Neal and he certainly qualifies.
I love having players who play with a smile on their face like him, Sergi, Neal, Yoane and Bryan.
 

Michael Kayode

Given comments on here I apprehensively say that he reminds me of Sam Sodje - muscular ,loves the physical, ungainly,fast, ,brave and full of skill. He brings a reckless joy that’s great to watch. He might be viewed as an accident waiting to happen but I think he will bring anew dimension to our play. He will not be a suitable starter for every game just yet but I believe he will have a great impact
 

Michael Kayode

Over eager, understandable on his full debut as clearly keen to impress. Improved as he settled. Reminds me of peak Rico in terms of energy and power. Clearly has massive potential.
 

Michael Kayode

Over eager, understandable on his full debut as clearly keen to impress. Improved as he settled. Reminds me of peak Rico in terms of energy and power. Clearly has massive potential.
He's no Gus Hurdle though.
 

Michael Kayode

Mate , come on that’s ridiculous
C’mon Nick, you’re better than that.

I’m sure Rebus meant the only comparison between Kayode and Hurdle was their colour, nothing to do with playing style

Let’s stop all this woke nonsense and getting offended on other peoples behalves!
 

Michael Kayode

C’mon Nick, you’re better than that.

I’m sure Rebus meant the only comparison between Kayode and Hurdle was their colour, nothing to do with playing style

Let’s stop all this woke nonsense and getting offended on other peoples behalves!

I am lost on parts of this thread but I think our club welcomes all people from all backgrounds.

I was privileged to be a supporter at the legends dinner last November and sat on the same table as Terry Hurlock, however the star of the show was Chris Kamara.

I am proud to support Brentford FC. I don't think we are a woke club or any of racist either. (All of us are better much than that).

I do think Michael is a very talented player based on his skills and techniques. I'm looking forward to seeing more of his talent. And hope he scores against Fulham!.
 
Last edited:

Michael Kayode

I am lost on parts of this thread but I think our club welcomes all people from all backgrounds.

I was privileged to be a supporter at the legends dinner last November and sat on the same table as Terry Hurlock, however the star of the show was Chris Kamara.

I am pround to support Brentford FC. I don't think we are a woke club or racist either. (All of us are better than that).

I do think Michael is a very talented player based on his skills and techniques. I'm looking forward to seeing more of his talent. And hope he scores against Fulham.
Good post
I agree totally.! ??
 

Michael Kayode

Looks excellent prospect who will improve under our coaches really hope we can find the funds to make his move permanent.
Just leaves us with quite a few right backs so guess someone will have to be moved on.
 

Michael Kayode

I was very impressed by Kayode's cameos as a sub, when he was largely overlapping and joining attacks. So I'm pleased he's got his first start. I was away for Easter so only watched the full Brighton game on the club website a few days ago.
A few aspects of Kayode's performance troubled me a little. First, the reckless challenge giving away a goalscoring opportunity within seconds of kick-off. But I also found his positioning very strange at times, where he seemed to drift into the centre of defence and expect Bryan to cover the attacker on the left. It was noticeable in the TV coverage, but may not have been from the stands, that Bryan seemed to be giving him an exasperated b***ocking at one point for being out of position.
I love Kayode's enthusiasm and energy and have wanted him to have a run of starts but he needs to work on his discipline to keep the defensive shape. Forest have so much pace and threat in wide attack that I think I'd be more reassured to see Ajer starting at RB, with Kayode perhaps returning to the starting line-up for the lesser attacking threat of Man U.
 

Michael Kayode

I was very impressed by Kayode's cameos as a sub, when he was largely overlapping and joining attacks. So I'm pleased he's got his first start. I was away for Easter so only watched the full Brighton game on the club website a few days ago.
A few aspects of Kayode's performance troubled me a little. First, the reckless challenge giving away a goalscoring opportunity within seconds of kick-off. But I also found his positioning very strange at times, where he seemed to drift into the centre of defence and expect Bryan to cover the attacker on the left. It was noticeable in the TV coverage, but may not have been from the stands, that Bryan seemed to be giving him an exasperated b***ocking at one point for being out of position.
I love Kayode's enthusiasm and energy and have wanted him to have a run of starts but he needs to work on his discipline to keep the defensive shape. Forest have so much pace and threat in wide attack that I think I'd be more reassured to see Ajer starting at RB, with Kayode perhaps returning to the starting line-up for the lesser attacking threat of Man U.
Garnacho toasted our full back at Old Trafford earlier this season so not sure we can relax on Sunday. I think it might have been Sepp playing there rather than Ajer or Mads.
 

Michael Kayode

Garnacho toasted our full back at Old Trafford earlier this season so not sure we can relax on Sunday. I think it might have been Sepp playing there rather than Ajer or Mads.
Yes, it was Sepp at RB that day and he had a mare. Obviously that was United under Ten Hag when they seemed to attack more down the flanks than under Amorin, who plays two No 10s instead. I don't see our full backs being super busy on Sunday tbh. United will be resting players for Europa SF.
 
Back
Top Bottom