Michael Kayode (3 Viewers)

Michael Kayode

I think he needs a proper pre-season but this period will help him acclimatise and see what British football is all about. I am an optimist that he'll be a really good signing.
 

Michael Kayode

Kayode looks like a good prospect. I'd say Ethan and Ajer are the ones at the back where a regular starting role is not obvious - maybe one of them in a back three but it looks like we have moved on from that formation.
 

Michael Kayode

I want to see him in the lineup as much as anyone but two things: first, Thomas Frank has never thrown anyone into a starting role without significant adjustment time, at least not to my recent memory. Second, while he was slowly getting worked in and getting more minutes and learning the Brentford systems of play, he suffered an injury which surely reduced how much he was able to train and learn. He's going to improve and get more minutes... but he's getting worked in slowly and then suffered a delay. I'm confident we will sign him for a fair price and he will excel for us in the long term.
 

Michael Kayode

Bottom line is TF is not the best at giving youngsters the chance to break into the first team and get valuable game mins. Playing EP in the middle at the expense of giving MK a chance last night at RB was another example of this. At this point what have we got to lose other than a place or 2 in the league? He's on loan after all to see if we want to buy him!
Why would you start a guy that has been at the club 5 minutes and been injured, in any game let alone away at Newcastle?
But sure, blame TF.
 

Michael Kayode

I don’t think we went through this hassle to scout him, try to sign him and then sign him just to chuck him. But who knows
Personally I do not believe we have any option but to sign him. When he signs, as now he will form part of the squad, and play his way into the team in the same way that all our recent signings have. I can see nothing at present that will prevent him enjoying a successful career at Brentford. So what on earth is all the fuss about, who cares whether he starts on Sunday, or not, the main object is to beat Chelsea.
 

Michael Kayode

Bottom line is TF is not the best at giving youngsters the chance to break into the first team and get valuable game mins. Playing EP in the middle at the expense of giving MK a chance last night at RB was another example of this. At this point what have we got to lose other than a place or 2 in the league? He's on loan after all to see if we want to buy him!
In the same game he started Yehor and brought on Paris Maghoma? Kayode has just returned from injury and played 5 games all season. Newcastle away isn’t the game you try and give him minutes in
 

Michael Kayode

Personally I do not believe we have any option but to sign him. When he signs, as now he will form part of the squad, and play his way into the team in the same way that all our recent signings have. I can see nothing at present that will prevent him enjoying a successful career at Brentford. So what on earth is all the fuss about, who cares whether he starts on Sunday, or not, the main object is to beat Chelsea.
He's on loan with an option to sign so of course we have an option not to sign him. There's still time for him to break into the team but if he doesn't start a game this season it's hard to see things improving for him after that. Once Henry and Hickey are available, and an obvious possibility that KLP's future will be largely as a full back (I see him as a possible first choice RB next season) where does that leave Kayode on his current trajectory? I don't see him signing up long-term for a team where he might not even be second choice in his position.
Obviously this might change if he gets a run of starts but that's how it looks to me now. I honestly have no clue how good he is because we've hardly seen him.
The real curve ball here has been KLP as a full back. I'm starting to think his future might be there and in that scenario we might be better saving the money on another RB and spending it on a KLP replacement wide forward.
 

Michael Kayode

I think KLP will move further forward next season I don't see him as a defender but Im not so sure we will sign Kayode either just get weird vibes about him and he has looked a bit scatty to me .
 

Michael Kayode

I think KLP will move further forward next season I don't see him as a defender but Im not so sure we will sign Kayode either just get weird vibes about him and he has looked a bit scatty to me .
Entirely possible about him moving further forward but he would need to improve his end product to be starting every week further forward. He's played his best football for us as a full back and some have even suggested an England call-up. Can't see that in a million years as a wide forward.
 

Michael Kayode

I think KLP will move further forward next season I don't see him as a defender but Im not so sure we will sign Kayode either just get weird vibes about him and he has looked a bit scatty to me .

Odd take.

Hes played fek all minutes.

Plus im sure the majority of the games are when we've been chasing so it will look chaotic.
 

Michael Kayode

I’ve still not seen him play, so I’m having to sift through the posts above, prior to casting my vote. Corr, this is a tricky one, isn’t it!
 

Michael Kayode

I think he's a different type of player to Hickey , much quicker and more attacking , over lapping .I think he would link up well with Bryan and the pair would be a right proper threat . TF may use each player in different situations in games
 

Michael Kayode

I think he's a different type of player to Hickey , much quicker and more attacking , over lapping .I think he would link up well with Bryan and the pair would be a right proper threat . TF may use each player in different situations in games
Ah, sounds good. Might not need to vote, then? ?
 

Michael Kayode

He's on loan with an option to sign so of course we have an option not to sign him.
I got the impression/thought I'd read, that the deal was couched in the same way as Raya's "loan with an option to buy" to Arsenal. I.e. To get round certain FFP/PSR (or whatever it's called) rules?

I might have imagined that/made it up though......
 

Michael Kayode

I want to see him in the lineup as much as anyone but two things: first, Thomas Frank has never thrown anyone into a starting role without significant adjustment time, at least not to my recent memory. Second, while he was slowly getting worked in and getting more minutes and learning the Brentford systems of play, he suffered an injury which surely reduced how much he was able to train and learn. He's going to improve and get more minutes... but he's getting worked in slowly and then suffered a delay. I'm confident we will sign him for a fair price and he will excel for us in the long term.
Well he certainly did with Vitaly, Bryan as well I think, and others I am sure. But I think that was a consequence of 3 things
- needs must, Christian was out injured
- IIRC it was lockdown. Playing at the likes of Newcastle during lockdown is very different to playing in front of thousand of Geordies celebrating their first cup win in a lifetime
- It was the championship. Much as I love being in the Prem, I do miss the joy of bedding in youngsters into the first team earlier, and getting to see them develop. One silver lining should we ever get relgated.
 

Michael Kayode

Thomas Frank has never thrown anyone into a starting role without significant adjustment time, at least not to my recent memory.

How about Vitali? He was expected to spend time acclimatising in the B team when signed, but went straight into the team and stayed there for the rest of the season.
 

Michael Kayode

Not sure how anyone can have an informed opinion about him,he's played a total of 30 mins:ROFLMAO:

We have Hickey as the only dedicated full back on that side,Ajar and SVB are only filling in because of hickey's absence.Kayode would have started a game by now if he hadn't got injured.

I think he'll sign in the summer and this will be one of those threads where you look back and laugh at the first few pages.

We don't bring players in on a whim.
 

Michael Kayode

He's on loan with an option to sign so of course we have an option not to sign him. There's still time for him to break into the team but if he doesn't start a game this season it's hard to see things improving for him after that. Once Henry and Hickey are available, and an obvious possibility that KLP's future will be largely as a full back (I see him as a possible first choice RB next season) where does that leave Kayode on his current trajectory? I don't see him signing up long-term for a team where he might not even be second choice in his position.
Obviously this might change if he gets a run of starts but that's how it looks to me now. I honestly have no clue how good he is because we've hardly seen him.
The real curve ball here has been KLP as a full back. I'm starting to think his future might be there and in that scenario we might be better saving the money on another RB and spending it on a KLP replacement wide forward.
Two points. The first I am not sure where you have got such a diffiniative view of his loan contract. You may well be correct, but I have followed his transfer closely, or at least what has been reported, and I could not in all honesty state that we have an option. It looks to me to be the same as a few of our recent transfers, a loan first to enable the deal to be done in a new financial/football year to the benefit of one or other of the clubs. A loan with an option is a very un Brentford way of doing business especially when the Italian Club did not appear to be particularly keen on doing business in the first place. The second, most established Premier League clubs have a large squad of genuine first team players. For our first few seasons in the league for various reason that that was not the case for Brentford, and it is only recently that we have begun to see a strong bench thereby giving Thomas Frank more options. We urgently need a much stronger squad if we wish to escape our difficulties with injuries affecting team selection. Currently I see no reason why Michael Kayode will not easily easily fit into the present squad. When we sign a young player who we consider has prospects it does not necessarily mean that he has to be able to walk into the team immediately. We are a forward thinking club, and plan for future events.
 

Michael Kayode

Well he certainly did with Vitaly, Bryan as well I think, and others I am sure. But I think that was a consequence of 3 things
- needs must, Christian was out injured
- IIRC it was lockdown. Playing at the likes of Newcastle during lockdown is very different to playing in front of thousand of Geordies celebrating their first cup win in a lifetime
- It was the championship. Much as I love being in the Prem, I do miss the joy of bedding in youngsters into the first team earlier, and getting to see them develop. One silver lining should we ever get relgated.
Last point is massive. You need 15 players who are worthy of starting in the Championship & not eleven, 3 games a week you have no choice but to rotate.

But one game a week in the Prem. You want to find your trusted eleven and give players a chance here and there to break through.
 

Michael Kayode

Two points. The first I am not sure where you have got such a diffiniative view of his loan contract. You may well be correct, but I have followed his transfer closely, or at least what has been reported, and I could not in all honesty state that we have an option. It looks to me to be the same as a few of our recent transfers, a loan first to enable the deal to be done in a new financial/football year to the benefit of one or other of the clubs. A loan with an option is a very un Brentford way of doing business especially when the Italian Club did not appear to be particularly keen on doing business in the first place. The second, most established Premier League clubs have a large squad of genuine first team players. For our first few seasons in the league for various reason that that was not the case for Brentford, and it is only recently that we have begun to see a strong bench thereby giving Thomas Frank more options. We urgently need a much stronger squad if we wish to escape our difficulties with injuries affecting team selection. Currently I see no reason why Michael Kayode will not easily easily fit into the present squad. When we sign a young player who we consider has prospects it does not necessarily mean that he has to be able to walk into the team immediately. We are a forward thinking club, and plan for future events.
It's not my opinion it's what was officially reported by our club. Read the statement on the official website when the loan was done. It's an OPTION to buy.
 

Michael Kayode

It's not my opinion it's what was officially reported by our club. Read the statement on the official website when the loan was done. It's an OPTION to buy.
Beware of the small print. Not all options are created equal. For example, there could be a clause saying that if Brentford score 5 or more goals between the end of January and the end of the season, the option turns into an obligation. Sometimes for tax and/or spending rules, one or other club wants to book a transfer in the following transfer window and not at the time that it’s done. Hence clauses similar to the above can be inserted making it all but certain that the transfer will go through and cannot be stopped but allowing the transaction to be booked later.
 

Michael Kayode

I’ve still not seen him play, so I’m having to sift through the posts above, prior to casting my vote. Corr, this is a tricky one, isn’t it!
Don’t get bogged down with little details like that. Everyone’s opinion is valued on here, as long as you’ve bought the minimum number of coffees…
 

Michael Kayode

How about Vitali? He was expected to spend time acclimatising in the B team when signed, but went straight into the team and stayed there for the rest of the season.
How about Collins and Van Den Berg?
I think Hickey as well
 

Michael Kayode

How about Collins and Van Den Berg?
I think Hickey as well
Collins Mee Ajer and Hickey started the first game they were in the squad
Summer counts as adjustment time?
 
Last edited:

Michael Kayode

How about Vitali? He was expected to spend time acclimatising in the B team when signed, but went straight into the team and stayed there for the rest of the season.
That was in the Championship
 

Michael Kayode

Entirely possible about him moving further forward but he would need to improve his end product to be starting every week further forward. He's played his best football for us as a full back and some have even suggested an England call-up. Can't see that in a million years as a wide forward.
Agree 100%

I dont even bother getting excited any more when he beats a man and crosses as its virtually guaranteed to go to an opponent

However his defensive role has been excellent
 

Michael Kayode

Well, I like what I saw today! Came on full of confidence… it’s only arsenal after all ?. Brilliant cross in the build up to the goal. Tracked back well, plays forward well, he fits the Brentford style perfectly.
 
Back
Top Bottom