Michael Kayode (1 Viewer)

Michael Kayode

His throw ins towards the opposition goal are incredible. Caused loads of panic every time in the Man U defence .
Awesome positional awareness too…seems to be in the right place at the right time to intercept a pass. You could see the quality a mile off today.
Just hope he doesn't burn himself out running from side to side of the pitch to take the throws ;)
 

Michael Kayode

Same. Couldn’t get my head around his unorthodox nature initially… but he was great today, made so much happen. With some coaching he really could be something special!
Not too much coaching though.
 

Michael Kayode

He’s basically a one man wrecking ball leaving a trail of destruction and chaos behind him ! Can’t remember having as much fun watching an individual in all the years I’ve watched the Bees , certainly not a defender .
His ‘lap of honour’ after being subbed off was fantastic but it almost felt like it contributed to Utd scoring as everyone was so distracted!!
 

Michael Kayode

Igor Thiago.
A couple of Js before K.
Judge
Jota.

I love the way MK looks at the bench for some instruction or other, then puts his own interpretation on it! (They can’t possibly have told him to go on a 40yd dribble across the pitch, and force an attacking throw in, can they?)
 

Michael Kayode

Ah reminds me of a Premier league Roger Joseph mused the battle scarred old Bees fan gently rocking in his chair as his nurse brought him another blanket ?.

Chaotic, frenetic, athletic, unorthadox, strong as an Ox...makes you smile watching this lad play. Oh he's rather good as well.

Over the course of a season I'd imagine he'll turn my hair even greyer but looks quite a talent.
 

Michael Kayode

I knew FM24 was right about this guy! Lol

Loving the reports from you all. Sounds like the option to make permanent is an absolute must.
 

Michael Kayode

Michael Kayode is already becoming a terrace favourite at the Gtech!
His throw ins are like a free kick,corner (imo) which causes havoc in the opposition penalty area.
He breaks up opposition attacks, seems comfortable using either foot.
I hope that he staysand that his Gtech stay is for several years.
 

Michael Kayode

The only thing missing from his game yesterday was that he failed to run and get on the end of one of his own long throws. ? It wouldn’t surprise me if he did that one of these days.
What an impact he’s made since his arrival.
 

Michael Kayode

He epitomises what playing for Brentford is all about. It’s not just on the pitch it’s the connection with the fans.

This young fella has done that, his desire and passion on the pitch has crossed into us at record speed.

We were a weaker side when he came off , that’s amazing to think after a few games.

Mr Giles I salute you sir.
 

Michael Kayode

He epitomises what playing for Brentford is all about. It’s not just on the pitch it’s the connection with the fans.

This young fella has done that, his desire and passion on the pitch has crossed into us at record speed.

We were a weaker side when he came off , that’s amazing to think after a few games.

Mr Giles I salute you sir.
And the big thing is the fun aspect - although we are a highly professional club, we encourage our players to have fun whilst doing it.
Not sure there are many other clubs in the Prem that look like their players enjoy themselves week in, week out
 

Michael Kayode

I was very impressed by Kayode's cameos as a sub, when he was largely overlapping and joining attacks. So I'm pleased he's got his first start. I was away for Easter so only watched the full Brighton game on the club website a few days ago.
A few aspects of Kayode's performance troubled me a little. First, the reckless challenge giving away a goalscoring opportunity within seconds of kick-off. But I also found his positioning very strange at times, where he seemed to drift into the centre of defence and expect Bryan to cover the attacker on the left. It was noticeable in the TV coverage, but may not have been from the stands, that Bryan seemed to be giving him an exasperated b***ocking at one point for being out of position.
I love Kayode's enthusiasm and energy and have wanted him to have a run of starts but he needs to work on his discipline to keep the defensive shape. Forest have so much pace and threat in wide attack that I think I'd be more reassured to see Ajer starting at RB, with Kayode perhaps returning to the starting line-up for the lesser attacking threat of Man U.
It’s simple. Kayode plays total football whether that’s the plan or not ?. One aspect that is useful in his game is most of our players are very disciplined and structured, not just as players, but personality. Canos was a good example of an unpredictable flair player. It’s annoying when it leads to conceding a goal, however, it is exciting when it creates unpredictable attack, overloads, line breaking runs.

it means when managers prepare to play against us, we are less predictable. I think Thiago is also outgoing, creative, exuberant.

Could result in chaos but that can be a good thing if it’s constructive chaos for the bees.
 

Michael Kayode

It’s simple. Kayode plays total football whether that’s the plan or not ?. One aspect that is useful in his game is most of our players are very disciplined and structured, not just as players, but personality. Canos was a good example of an unpredictable flair player. It’s annoying when it leads to conceding a goal, however, it is exciting when it creates unpredictable attack, overloads, line breaking runs.

it means when managers prepare to play against us, we are less predictable. I think Thiago is also outgoing, creative, exuberant.

Could result in chaos but that can be a good thing if it’s constructive chaos for the bees.
I think with all those and more (Canos v Leeds at home aside!) their exuberance was channelled into controlled chaos. Opponents might not know what to expect but TF and team mates do. It’s the difference between them and Fosu.

But I prefer to see it as just the benefit of players who play with joy and focus. There are no personality-free automata. And they are joyful for us as fans because of it. Even the less smiley and more self-critical players like Flekken, Norgard and Schade have a determination and care that we can get behind.
 

Michael Kayode

I think with all those and more (Canos v Leeds at home aside!) their exuberance was channelled into controlled chaos. Opponents might not know what to expect but TF and team mates do. It’s the difference between them and Fosu.

But I prefer to see it as just the benefit of players who play with joy and focus. There are no personality-free automata. And they are joyful for us as fans because of it. Even the less smiley and more self-critical players like Flekken, Norgard and Schade have a determination and care that we can get behind.
100%. Tactically too, when he plays he causes shed loads of rotation. V Brighton, when he pushed forward, Bryan moved central. Bryan, Wissa, dams and Schade are already rotating much more up front. Throw Kayode into the mix and defenders are never going to know who goes where. Unpredictability is important in football and can give an edge. I’m happy if in the odd defensive transition we have players moving into other positions. Like Janelt, Yarmo sometime comes into the back line as a ball playing Quarter Back. I love seeing Colin’s break forward.
 

Michael Kayode

Michael Kayode


I don't want to go overboard, I've messaged a lot on this thread(!) and its just a few appearances, early days, etc, etc.... BUT.... Wow, what a performance that was.

Still buzzing from it. Sometimes you just have to call it as you see it and after watching since the 80s, I can't remember enjoying one player's performance that much before. Not a defender. no way. What a great watch seeing it all together like that on one reel.

I hope the club can feel the reaction from the fanbase to MK, as I think its been really special.

Different players give different things, and I love em all, but his enthusiasm for playing has blown me away. Can't wait to see him play against Fulham!!!

Have you all seen his Italy U19 goal in the final? Its like a one-goal hunger games at the far post. No way he wasn't getting to that ball. Same for the Damsgaard 'goal'. Love his passion, but he's so quick footed too.

What a weopen!
 

Michael Kayode

And man united buy a fellow Italian full back ( or player from serie A ) for double the price who isn't half as good !
We probably don’t know his for sale price yet, or more accurately we likely question it, hence the loan. Let’s all hope that Phil puts his hand deep into his pocket, and it comes out with enough shekels to bring this Ray of Sunshine to the GTech!
 

Michael Kayode

We probably don’t know his for sale price yet, or more accurately we likely question it, hence the loan. Let’s all hope that Phil puts his hand deep into his pocket, and it comes out with enough shekels to bring this Ray of Sunshine to the GTech!
I thought we had a fixed price buy option. Like with Schade it was just a way to give him a chance to come early and acclimatise to us.
 

Michael Kayode

We probably don’t know his for sale price yet, or more accurately we likely question it, hence the loan. Let’s all hope that Phil puts his hand deep into his pocket, and it comes out with enough shekels to bring this Ray of Sunshine to the GTech!
Thought the deal was 16m?
 

Michael Kayode

I thought we had a fixed price buy option. Like with Schade it was just a way to give him a chance to come early and acclimatise to us.
To be brutally honest I do not know but judging by earlier posts I am unsure if anyone does. The Schade transfer was fairly clear, in that he was going to be signed. MK is certainly not so clear cut, at least to me.
 

Michael Kayode

We probably don’t know his for sale price yet, or more accurately we likely question it, hence the loan. Let’s all hope that Phil puts his hand deep into his pocket, and it comes out with enough shekels to bring this Ray of Sunshine to the GTech!
You think we signed a player on loan with an option to buy without knowing how much it would be to take up that option?
 

Michael Kayode

We probably don’t know his for sale price yet, or more accurately we likely question it, hence the loan. Let’s all hope that Phil puts his hand deep into his pocket, and it comes out with enough shekels to bring this Ray of Sunshine to the GTech!
I'm pretty sure we do.
 

Michael Kayode

I am sure I have seen the option to buy fee on here which is around € 14-15 million.
 

Michael Kayode

The club themselves said “the deal includes an option to make the transfer permanent in the summer”. You don’t have an official contractual option to buy in a deal without a fee agreed, or else what’s to stop us saying we want to sign him and Fiorentina deciding they want him to stay after all and asking for £100m? It’s our option.

 
Back
Top Bottom