Michael Turner

Michael Turner

Liked his honesty in the post match interview on BBC where he said that the ball had crossed the line for Everton and it was clearly a goal.

And all the numpties in the studio could do was mock him because his manager had said even after video evidence it was inconclusive.

Michael Turner :'I saw it and it crossed the line'
Steve Coppell: 'I'd happily replay the match'
Phil Scolari: 'I don't think [it was a penalty]

Seems to be a them with the west london connected staff
 

Michael Turner

tenuous. hull's in the north east, and martin rowlands is a ****
 

Michael Turner

Michael Turner used to play for a West London club (that was the connection)?

Still I'm appreciative of your continued replying to my posts Mr Tree
 

Michael Turner

any time
i'm struggling with the "them" though. is it that we're nice guys :angel:
cos John Terry's a ****. Lampard's a ****. Drogba's a ****. QPHa fans are ****s. F*lham fans are ****s. Paul Brooker, he used to play for a West London club, he's a nice guy isn't he?
also, check the other forum, Coppell's "offer" is far from commendable behaviour :nono:
 

Michael Turner

Well done mate cracking performance against a good arsenal team and winning

he learnt that at brentford
 

Michael Turner

in my crystal ball i can actually see him getting an england call up for a meaningless friendly by the end of the season. he's better than lescott.
 

Michael Turner

in my crystal ball i can actually see him getting an england call up for a meaningless friendly by the end of the season. he's better than lescott.

I bet we wouldn't even get a mention either. I can see/hear it now on the Beeb or Sky:
".......and Fabio Capello has given Michael Turner his England debut. The Hull City stopper and former Charlton reserve team captain is having a magnificent season......blah, blah, blah" I'd go balistic if that was the case as it was Brentford who made him the player he is.
 

Michael Turner

I bet we wouldn't even get a mention either. I can see/hear it now on the Beeb or Sky:
".......and Fabio Capello has given Michael Turner his England debut. The Hull City stopper and former Charlton reserve team captain is having a magnificent season......blah, blah, blah" I'd go balistic if that was the case as it was Brentford who made him the player he is.

On 5Live on Saturday I heard the Brentford connection mentioned two or three times (more than it was with co-commentator Butcher ;) ).

I didn't watch MoTD closely but I vaguley recall hearing the word Brentford on there too last Saturday :shrug:
 

Michael Turner

On 5Live on Saturday I heard the Brentford connection mentioned two or three times (more than it was with co-commentator Butcher ;) ).

I didn't watch MoTD closely but I vaguley recall hearing the word Brentford on there too last Saturday :shrug:


Didn't listen to or see either but that's good to hear. Maybe we are being recognised after all. Like lots of us I get very sensitive about these things. As for Butcher I'm sure he has it written into some sort of contract that nobody can mention Brentford in his presence for fear of massive embarassment.
 

Michael Turner

Didn't listen to or see either but that's good to hear. Maybe we are being recognised after all. Like lots of us I get very sensitive about these things. As for Butcher I'm sure he has it written into some sort of contract that nobody can mention Brentford in his presence for fear of massive embarassment.

Scotland soon to be added to that list of names. :fishing:
 

Michael Turner

On current form he must be in the top few centrebacks in the country. TURNER FOR ENGLAND!
 

Michael Turner

Will we get any financial reward if he does make it into the imternational ranks ?
Hope the contract between us and Hull says so or will it all go to Charlton like the other alledged 90% sell on clause.
 

Michael Turner

Michael Turner

Great quote from today's Telegraph in an article about Hull and their manager Phil Brown: " His players’ resilience, reflected in such totemic centre-backs as Michael Turner and Kamil Zayatte, found its deserved reward..."

England next?
 

Michael Turner

If it wasn't for Rio & Terry he might get a look in...maybe Fabio will call him up as cover. Spoken to a client who is a ST at Hull and he says they chant "Turner for England" every week :)
 

Michael Turner

Wonder if he'll becoming to watch bees on his day off this weekend...
 

Michael Turner

Turner is the best defender in the Premier League on current form. TURNER FOR ENGLAND
 

Michael Turner

not sure if any one else saw the article-Dean Windass does a piece in the Mail each Saturday. It makes a refreshing change for a Prem footballer to mention FL opponents. Windass mentioned playing against Turner and the Bees. He would wind Michael up with the verbals and avoid Sodje! Dean went on to say he rated Turner as the best CB in the Championship when asked by his Hull chairman and that MT is a cool customer when he has kept 'stars' out of the game. I hope he gets called into squads for England as he seems to have had a great start.
 

Michael Turner

not sure if any one else saw the article-Dean Windass does a piece in the Mail each Saturday. It makes a refreshing change for a Prem footballer to mention FL opponents. Windass mentioned playing against Turner and the Bees. He would wind Michael up with the verbals and avoid Sodje! Dean went on to say he rated Turner as the best CB in the Championship when asked by his Hull chairman and that MT is a cool customer when he has kept 'stars' out of the game. I hope he gets called into squads for England as he seems to have had a great start.
Yeah it was a good article. Sodje was/is quicker than Turner which probably made it harder for Windass to deal with the Nigerian Ninja. Sodje and Turner quality central defensive partnership.
 

Michael Turner

....................pleased for him----Top Man........................
 

Michael Turner

Turner is the best defender in the Premier League on current form. TURNER FOR ENGLAND

Only Rio is better at the moment. Capello should take note...
 

Michael Turner

not sure if any one else saw the article-Dean Windass does a piece in the Mail each Saturday. It makes a refreshing change for a Prem footballer to mention FL opponents. Windass mentioned playing against Turner and the Bees. He would wind Michael up with the verbals and avoid Sodje! Dean went on to say he rated Turner as the best CB in the Championship when asked by his Hull chairman and that MT is a cool customer when he has kept 'stars' out of the game. I hope he gets called into squads for England as he seems to have had a great start.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1078618/To-Hull-Word-Wise-shirt-swappers.html
 

Michael Turner

do we have a clause where we get money if he makes the england squad?
 

Michael Turner

Only when he gets his 50th cap on the proviso that Paul Smith is also in the side.
 

Michael Turner

I think this is quite likely soon.

:imwith:

Especially with the friendlies coming up. IMO only Rio and Terry have been up to standard at centre back for England recently and the deputy centre back role is up for grabs with Carragher retired from international football.
 

Michael Turner

In the Metro this morning, with photo and everything. Hull midfielder, Dean Marney, is backing Turner for an England call up.
 

Michael Turner

"Aye, he didn’t cause us any trouble"

He's turned northern :nono:
 

Michael Turner

In the Metro this morning, with photo and everything. Hull midfielder, Dean Marney, is backing Turner for an England call up.


Not THE Dean Marney, well, all bets are off....might as well start preparing for a world cup squad suit and kit bag now Michael........whats his inside leg ? :puppy:
 

Michael Turner

He's got everything you want from a centre back apart from a slight lack of pace but his tackling makes up for that. Injury-free too and that adds up to a long spell in the game. Let's hope he goes for silly money. :)

The Mirror today says that Man City are lining up a £6 million pound offer for Turner.
 
Back
Top Bottom