Miguel Llera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Llera

what about simpson, reed, byrne, neilson, tudor jones, wright, grabban, akinde, murphy, that keeper from reading, and that was in the last 18 months, god knows how many over the past 5 years or so
 

Miguel Llera

what about simpson, reed, byrne, neilson, tudor jones, wright, grabban, akinde, murphy, that keeper from reading, and that was in the last 18 months, god knows how many over the past 5 years or so

I give up. We'll just stick to playing Woodman and O'Connor then. Maybe start with Saunders, Weston, Bean and bring Charlie MacDonald back too lol Heaven forbid we actually try to improve the team! Llera is here short term to cover Leon, if Adams turns out to be as good a signing as he seems I suspect he might stay for the season.
 

Miguel Llera

Remember Llera being quite dominant in the air for Charlton against us, so seems sensible cover if Leon is out for a while
 

Miguel Llera

Appreciate your concerns, but would you post the names of all the players we currently who you feel would cover for the positions we now have loan cover for and are better than the loanees. One other point would you rather have loanees in as we have now who potentially get us to the next level or rather use what we have got and not move forward.
 

Miguel Llera

How do we know if they are not given a chance? I just dont like to see funds squandered and i like to see youth and homegrown players given a chance



is it your money ?
 

Miguel Llera

what about simpson, reed, byrne, neilson, tudor jones, wright, grabban, akinde, murphy, that keeper from reading, and that was in the last 18 months, god knows how many over the past 5 years or so

From which we can conclude that, yes, they have been hit and miss, but that some of the hits have been outstanding. We don't know which way the current crop will turn out but all either have excellent potential or a good track record of regular and recent first team football ie not the sort of Millwall cast-offs we seemed to be getting last year. On that basis, I am hopeful they will be useful additions
 

Miguel Llera

Who named our new portacabin Miguel? :confused: I'd have preferred something more English. Like Trevor :shrug:.
 

Miguel Llera

is there not a youth or DS centre half who could have stepped up to fill in for Leon for the time he's out? What kind of message does this send out to the young players?

Uwe did check the club youth register for a CB but could find any one 32 years old
 

Miguel Llera

This is just awsome. I presume Mark Warburton is behind this? :yes:


Its a "PORTA " CABIN :banghead: An investment ,we can take it to Lionel Rd . Hanworth Bee should be impressed .I couldnt see Mark W behind it ,maybe he's next to the crane ?
 

Miguel Llera

Its a "PORTA " CABIN :banghead: An investment ,we can take it to Lionel Rd . Hanworth Bee should be impressed .I couldnt see Mark W behind it ,maybe he's next to the crane ?

You are a funny man/woman, should have your own TV show! :sorted:
 

Miguel Llera

is there not a youth or DS centre half who could have stepped up to fill in for Leon for the time he's out? What kind of message does this send out to the young players?

Have you checked out how many goals the DS have let in?
 

Miguel Llera

Welcome Miguel.

I know it has come around through an injury but if Chris Bush had stuck around would he have got the opportunity he craves
 

Miguel Llera

what about simpson, reed, byrne, neilson, tudor jones, wright, grabban, akinde, murphy, that keeper from reading, and that was in the last 18 months, god knows how many over the past 5 years or so
Carson, Hamer, McCarthy, Vine, Laird...

Last season we seemed to have a new loan player every time I logged on to the OS. They either never played or failed to impress so I can understand your disillusion HB.

However, we have different people in charge of the comings and goings this year and so far all they have done is proven they can bring in players that improve the squad.
 

Miguel Llera

Llera and Adams are three month loans, a lot of the above were one month to start with. As such I would presume that Llera and Adams are more considered loanees

of some of those above, simmo was fine to start with but injuries made him worse. murphy and carson were cut short by injury without really being particularlty bad. grabban was also decent enough in my opinion and reed was a good young player who it turned out wasnt quite ready for first team football but might still be a very good pro footballer

mixed results (given that no-one mentioned positives like rhodes, chesney, shlupp and clarke). we'd all prefer us to have a brilliant team of permanent signings but frankly the transfer windows mean that loanees are now a reality at our level, at least until we get an established academy system.
 

Miguel Llera

Just remind me who Carson was, made such an impression I have no memory of him at all
 

Miguel Llera

Just remind me who Carson was, made such an impression I have no memory of him at all
Trevor Carson on loan from Sunderland, Northern Irish Goalkeeper who played against Sheffield Wednesday away last season.
 

Miguel Llera

Keeper - Trevor Carson - came in after Lee got injured last season. Played once - the 3-1 win at Wednesday before returning to Sunderland.
 

Miguel Llera

Don't think we've ever had an all 'foreign' centre back pairing?
Guess that may happen at some point?

The closest I can find (and most recent) was Sonko and Marshall. Thought Hermann and Ingar played together but Ingar arrived after Hermann left.
 

Miguel Llera

Will be interested to see who starts alongside Karleigh tomorrow.
 

Miguel Llera

Hopefully Eger starts tommorow, think it would be harsh to drop him after a good performace at Walsall.
 

Miguel Llera

I don't think the centre backs will change on Saturday. However, Uwe has more or less said [ hasn't he?] that Llera will start against Colchester and Preston. It will be interesting to see who he leaves out. Uwe has said that it will be important to control possession in those games so it could be Osborne for the bench.
 

Miguel Llera

RE LLERA
I havent read any previous posts so apologies if I am repeating any previous points.... BUT why did we need to sign this guy ? .. I thought that under the rules of the loan system we would be able to recall Pim from Rochdale at 24 hours notice if required ??? ..
 

Miguel Llera

RE LLERA
I havent read any previous posts so apologies if I am repeating any previous points.... BUT why did we need to sign this guy ? .. I thought that under the rules of the loan system we would be able to recall Pim from Rochdale at 24 hours notice if required ??? ..

Pim cannot be recalled during his loan. Its Been stated previously. It's a 5 month loan and these type of loans don't allow for a recall clause in them. Legge is out for longer than first thought. So we're down to 2 CB's. So Uwe wanted more cover and we picked up Llera.
 

Miguel Llera

Pim cannot be recalled during his loan. Its Been stated previously. It's a 5 month loan and these type of loans don't allow for a recall clause in them. Legge is out for longer than first thought. So we're down to 2 CB's. So Uwe wanted more cover and we picked up Llera.

Ok , Cheers for that Paul
 

Miguel Llera

Strange substitution today and he looked a bit of a fish out of water.
 

Miguel Llera

I was annoyed at the substitution but to be fair I thought it worked, he got a foot in when needed and seemed to shore things up.

I thought Kev was doing that ok. If anything, I would've preferred Eger to step forward and Llera go in the back four.
 

Miguel Llera

I believe that it was a right decision to bring him as wycombe were going to throw everything forward and he took a bit of pressure of the two centre halves having him in front of them
 

Miguel Llera

I thought Kev was doing that ok. If anything, I would've preferred Eger to step forward and Llera go in the back four.

Kev was sound but I'm assuming Uwe wanted a big, commanding figure Llera is profile. I thought the same and that Eger would swap into midfield but thought it worked ok.

We shouldn't be backs to the wall against a side as poor as Wycombe.
 

Miguel Llera

Kev had a really good game but we were getting over run. Llera added a calming influence and won a few vital headers right at the end.
 

Miguel Llera

Someone sort out his laces..... and his right foot.

I bet the boy gets some pussy mind you
 

Miguel Llera

I'd like to see him start along side Karleigh on Tuesday. I think we missed Leon's physical presence today and I'm afraid I'm yet to be convinced about Eger who does some things very well but looks a little lightweight at times.
 

Miguel Llera

I'd like to see him start along side Karleigh on Tuesday. I think we missed Leon's physical presence today and I'm afraid I'm yet to be convinced about Eger who does some things very well but looks a little lightweight at times.

Agreed Owlsmoor, think Llera may force his way in, threat from set pieces, presence, etc. Eger had a better game, than his mare at Hereford, but his better game and Karleigh's game are a division apart.
 

Miguel Llera

I thought he looked fairly solid when he came on and helped us close out the game, would like to also see him start with Karleigh against Colchester as Eger has not impressed me too much and looks fairly unfit?
 

Miguel Llera

Are Colchester still full of big feckers? Llera's needed on Tuesday if that's the case.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom