Miguel Llera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Llera

Has he gone back to Blackpool?

Llera's loan ends the beginning of December. Around the 7th IIRC. I think we can extend the loan for 1 month. Sheff Weds could come in for him, on loan, in January 2012 I'd have thought.
 

Miguel Llera

I said a couple of weekd agao that I would not be surprised if we offered him a contract in Jan, was not aware that loan ran out before, as I think he actually offers a lot and, unlike others I have not pre-judged him.

I appreciate we have Legge Karleigh and Egar but I cant see Pim coming back and in my opinion Llera has actually done well since arriving and has formed a very good partnership with Egar. If Blackpool dont want him and wages are not to high we could extend loan to start of transfer window and then get him on a free.
 

Miguel Llera

.........do they want our bus, to park in front of their goal as well???????.......

rofl

Nick, I can see Llera might go, he's heard our chant and he's getting fed up we haven't got any words to finish his song off with ;)
 
Last edited:

Miguel Llera

I like Llera, adds a touch of class and has done well from the games I've seen him in. He has a habit of playing the diagonal long-ball to nobody, but maybe that's a sign the lads need to smarten up when he's on the ball?
 

Miguel Llera

I said a couple of weekd agao that I would not be surprised if we offered him a contract in Jan, was not aware that loan ran out before, as I think he actually offers a lot and, unlike others I have not pre-judged him.

I appreciate we have Legge Karleigh and Egar but I cant see Pim coming back and in my opinion Llera has actually done well since arriving and has formed a very good partnership with Egar. If Blackpool dont want him and wages are not to high we could extend loan to start of transfer window and then get him on a free.

Agree 100% Mr P. I would not be at all suprised if he was offered a contract or at least a loan extension in Jan. Not sure about Pim don't think he even ,ade the starting eleven at Rochdale last week, could be coming back from an injury ??
 

Miguel Llera

Llera had a decent game today. Was hoping he would as my last game was Scunny, where he had a bit of a mare.
 

Miguel Llera

Llera had a decent game today. Was hoping he would as my last game was Scunny, where he had a bit of a mare.

I did to, think given our talent of picking up injuries at present, he will be needed.
 

Miguel Llera

Looked to me like Llera could have cut the ball out at near post on Saturday for Charlton's goal
 

Miguel Llera

There seems to be loads of chatter on Twitter about it, hopefully it isn't a done deal and won't go through. Maybe the move might happen if he was told his loan wouldn't be extended here meaning he wouldn't play in December.
 

Miguel Llera

He played well at the weekend though couldn't work out given his loan is up shortly and Uwe presumably knowing of Uwe's Sheff Wed's interest why Eger was dropped after a string of solid performances. If he goes and Karliegh is out with injury guess we're looking at yet another loan signing. Would like to see a Legge/Eger partnership think they may compliment one another.
 

Miguel Llera

He played well at the weekend though couldn't work out given his loan is up shortly and Uwe presumably knowing of Uwe's Sheff Wed's interest why Eger was dropped after a string of solid performances. If he goes and Karliegh is out with injury guess we're looking at yet another loan signing. Would like to see a Legge/Eger partnership think they may compliment one another.

Depends how far away Bennett is (who can also play right back incidentally). Wouldn't surprise me to see him feature more over the season - perhaps a signing in January?
 

Miguel Llera

If the loan runs until 7 December then it will last until then. I am not sure if we could break the loan even if we wanted to and we need him given that KO is still injured. He has really played well in the last few games too.
 

Miguel Llera

If the loan runs until 7 December then it will last until then. I am not sure if we could break the loan even if we wanted to and we need him given that KO is still injured. He has really played well in the last few games too.

Oh no it won't.......after the first 28 days there is a 24 hour recall clause but only exercisable by Blackpool..........wait I've just got an email that's popped up.

You're not fit to be on the BU board......rebus knows this sort of stuff.
 

Miguel Llera

If the loan runs until 7 December then it will last until then. I am not sure if we could break the loan even if we wanted to and we need him given that KO is still injured. He has really played well in the last few games too.

It's possible that the loan could be terminated by Blackpool who will then offer an immediate loan to Wednesday. I believe pretty much the same thing happened when we got Trevor Carson last year who was on loan in League Two.

Edit: Also what abee said ;)
 

Miguel Llera

Seems like this is a done deal according to a lot of SWFC people on twitter/forums and the local radio up there.
 

Miguel Llera

What are the loan rules? You can break an extended loan by having a recall clause inserted after 1 month. (This is why Spillane cannot return) if it's a half season loan, you cannot have a recall, if it's 3 months? I still don't believe you can have a recall inserted. Sheffield weds may well be looking to get Llera in January.

Just read abee's post. Maybe Sheffield have offered to pay more of his wages :(
 

Miguel Llera

We have a plethora of centre backs to call upon. No great shakes, if it happens imho.
No great fan of these loan signings it has to be said.
More concerned about our budget. Seems we've spent up already this season.
 

Miguel Llera

Could this mean that Karleigh is back?
 

Miguel Llera

Seems like this is a done deal according to a lot of SWFC people on twitter/forums and the local radio up there.

Amazing that Sheff Weds would want a player described as a liability to consolidate their promotion challenge. For the record I think he's been a good replacement for Leon who has done more good than bad - he's been unfairly in my opinion made a scapegoat for some home defeats. I thought he struggled vs Hume as Hume gave him a hard time and he was as bad as everybody else second half vs Huddersfield. In all other games I think he's been good and in some very good including Saturday.

I hope that the right permutation of Leon, Karleigh and Marcel will be good enough at this level based on last few games I've seen Marcel play and trusting that Leon continues to improve and develop into a potential great centre back for us.
 

Miguel Llera

I've not been over impressed with Llera albeit he has been better the last two/three games showing some good positional play and anticipation. So not a disaster if he's not available ater the end of the month, in my view.
Like some others, not quite sure why Eger was dropped having been pretty solid and it was great to see Leon Legge back on Saturday.
We have a more urgent problem at right back since KOC is out long term and Shay Logan's availability is currently uncertain, and indeed in the goalscoring department.
 

Miguel Llera

He's cup tied so what's the point Sheff Weds having him before this weekend?
 

Miguel Llera

SWFC fans seem to think he'll be back up for their current CBs
 

Miguel Llera

If Llera were to leave so be it. IMO his distribution is very poor, has given away free kicks in areas that have proved fatal and for a big man lacks the force in heading a ball compared to Legge. However, I do concede that the last two games have seen a improvement in some areas.
 

Miguel Llera

Oh no it won't.......after the first 28 days there is a 24 hour recall clause but only exercisable by Blackpool..........wait I've just got an email that's popped up.

You're not fit to be on the BU board......rebus knows this sort of stuff.

Too true but we are not there to advise or pontificate on football matters!
 

Miguel Llera

Maybe a swop deal with Clinton Morrison, with Bennett possibly coming back from injury would give us 3 CB's. Morrison isn't getting any games at the moment I think so as we need a striker. :fishing:
 

Miguel Llera

........a half decent defender but a big girls blouse...........has gone down too easily when challenged as if he has been shot then miraculously seen sprinting away............ Needs to watch how Leon heads the ball and tackles.........
 

Miguel Llera

Maybe a swop deal with Clinton Morrison, with Bennett possibly coming back from injury would give us 3 CB's. Morrison isn't getting any games at the moment I think so as we need a striker. :fishing:

Aaaaaaahhh no to Morrison please!
 

Miguel Llera

I actually think Llera has improved a lot over the last few games and would like to see him stay but if we are being outmuscled financially by Weds then what can we do?
If it means we have extra budget please Uwe use it to get a striker!!
 

Miguel Llera

I actually think Llera has improved a lot over the last few games and would like to see him stay but if we are being outmuscled financially by Weds then what can we do?
If it means we have extra budget please Uwe use it to get a striker!!

He was brought in as cover for Leon who is now fit so assuming Eger is fit and Karleigh soon to return he isn't a priority. If it frees up funds for a forward I think it makes sense.
 

Miguel Llera

Osborne is a week or two away from first team action. So would Eger and Legge suffice until then? Maybe Bennett back too? The problem will be the right back. Maybe Bean can cover for one game while Logan is out? Probably all say NO!!! But better than spending on a loanee. Thought Llera would be a better player, more commanding, obviously not. Good on the ball, comfortable, but not better than Osborne or Legge as a defender.
 

Miguel Llera

?? Thought he scored a few when on loan to MK Dons earlier in the season. Just a thought NLB, why not ??

Over the top, earns a lot of money, his best days are long gone, not sure that a poacher is really what our prime need is.

I suspect that he might be a bit of a loose cannon but a Gary Madine type player would be better IMO. Tall, presence, good in the air but also mobile too
 

Miguel Llera

I like Llera although id be quite happy with two out of Legge, Eger and Osbourne in the team. I have a feeling though that Uwe doesnt fancy Legge and Eger together. I wonder if they are both only comfortable playing on the right hand side of central. In which case the left footed Llera is a natural selection.
 

Miguel Llera

Osborne is a week or two away from first team action. So would Eger and Legge suffice until then? Maybe Bennett back too? The problem will be the right back. Maybe Bean can cover for one game while Logan is out? Probably all say NO!!! But better than spending on a loanee. Thought Llera would be a better player, more commanding, obviously not. Good on the ball, comfortable, but not better than Osborne or Legge as a defender.

If as suggests Logan is taking the mandatory 10 days rest after a head injury, I'd rather we didn't get in another loan deal at right back. The team on Saturday lost for one reason and that was an inability to take our chances in front of goal and it is likely to be the reason that we finish outside of the play offs so hope we are trying desperately to find someone before the Jan window and not relying on two of the current three forwards to suddenly come good.
 

Miguel Llera

I thought Bennett was out for the season, which would stop him returning. If Llera goes we lack defensive cover in the short term if Karleigh isn't fit yet
 

Miguel Llera

Bennett is meant to be back in light training. Knee injury not as bad as first thought. No idea when his loan deal ends though.

Just checked, Bennett's loan ends this sunday, November 27th.
 

Miguel Llera

If he does go early it can only be financial. Uwe played Llera and Legge on saturday in preference to including Eger so that is probably his first choice pairing. If it's the difference in getting in a quality striker now then it's the right move.
 

Miguel Llera

If he does go early it can only be financial. Uwe played Llera and Legge on saturday in preference to including Eger so that is probably his first choice pairing. If it's the difference in getting in a quality striker now then it's the right move.

I'm hoping that's the view the management team have as well Beebop
 

Miguel Llera

I am astonished, ML has been excellent recently. I was hoping we were going to get him till end of season.

* sulks *
 

Miguel Llera

Played well up at Sheffield, not a major drama if Karleigh comes back quickly. I'm hoping Uwe has a trick up his sleeve. Either way we shall know by friday!
 

Miguel Llera

Wouldnt want him to go especially if it strengthens Mugson's squad. :mad1:
 

Miguel Llera

has done well but now our own are on there way back im not fussed if he goes
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom