Miguel Llera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Llera

What you say makes sense, though I just couldn't ever see it happening the other way around with our and Sheffield's roles reversed.

Sunderland did it last year to help us out. Carson was recalled from Lincoln and then loaned straight to us. :shrug:
 

Miguel Llera

He did OK for us but he was only ever cover for Leon who is now back so time to say goodbye and thanks.
 

Miguel Llera

I'm slightly annoyed that Wednesday can just turn up and poach him from us. He improved from a shaky start, and I would have liked to keep him.

However, Legge is back now and I hope Eger gets his chance to form a solid partnership with him, as Eger has been steadily looking better and better. Although Uwe does have the habit of bringing in CB's and putting them straight into the team.

Personally, I think he did not suit us at all. He gave the ball away too often both with his over hit passes and his over ambitious long balls that are great in the first two games but then every scout watching us for future opposition will have known about them. He was clumsy against Big target men and gave away too many fouls in dangerous areas and he was awkward against fast opposition like Wright Phillips on Saturday.

However, if we are left with Legge, Osborne and Eger then we are in trouble. So it is going to be an interesting to see who we bring before the window closes. Is that this Thursday?

We desparetely need a central midfielder and I would suggest we take a leaf out of Sheff Weds books and approach QPR re Rowlands and offer Wycombe some respite by offering them Reeves til January.
We also need a centre forward that is going to get across the first defender and put his head in at the near post and has a bit of a fox in the box six yard mentality. A cross between McDonald and Rhodes if you like. Billy Sharp suddenly springs to mind.
We also need a left back in the logan mould and cover at right back for Logan and when Kevin comes back he simply has to be played in centre midfield with Douglas and a play maker at home and Dave away from home.

Time has tolled for Marcus, Wood, Woodman, Saunders, and possibly Alexander for me although he can have a stay of execution til January.
 

Miguel Llera

Personally, I think he did not suit us at all. He gave the ball away too often both with his over hit passes and his over ambitious long balls that are great in the first two games but then every scout watching us for future opposition will have known about them. He was clumsy against Big target men and gave away too many fouls in dangerous areas and he was awkward against fast opposition like Wright Phillips on Saturday.

However, if we are left with Legge, Osborne and Eger then we are in trouble. So it is going to be an interesting to see who we bring before the window closes. Is that this Thursday?

We desparetely need a central midfielder and I would suggest we take a leaf out of Sheff Weds books and approach QPR re Rowlands and offer Wycombe some respite by offering them Reeves til January.
We also need a centre forward that is going to get across the first defender and put his head in at the near post and has a bit of a fox in the box six yard mentality. A cross between McDonald and Rhodes if you like. Billy Sharp suddenly springs to mind.
We also need a left back in the logan mould and cover at right back for Logan and when Kevin comes back he simply has to be played in centre midfield with Douglas and a play maker at home and Dave away from home.

Time has tolled for Marcus, Wood, Woodman, Saunders, and possibly Alexander for me although he can have a stay of execution til January.

I think Llera had looked pretty solid in his last couple of games and was instrumental in winning us a point at Sheffield but I would agree that with Legge back he might not be a huge loss.

The trouble is trying to fill quite a few gaps given the number of injuries and the lack of available funds in the budget.

I think a player who can cover right back and centre half is essential and either a fit Bennett or Thompson would be just fine.

Midfield and left back will have to wait, probably until the close season and I now think we need a strong powerful and tough striker (pace would be nice too but....) rather than a fox in the box.
 

Miguel Llera

I think Llera had looked pretty solid in his last couple of games and was instrumental in winning us a point at Sheffield but I would agree that with Legge back he might not be a huge loss.

The trouble is trying to fill quite a few gaps given the number of injuries and the lack of available funds in the budget.

I think a player who can cover right back and centre half is essential and either a fit Bennett or Thompson would be just fine.

Midfield and left back will have to wait, probably until the close season and I now think we need a strong powerful and tough striker (pace would be nice too but....) rather than a fox in the box.

NLB I was trying to explain to an aging hooligan GPGer on Saturday that IMO Donaldson needs to play in a three up front but not as the centre piece and I kept getting pelters for suggesting he plays on the wing when that is not what I am suggesting.
I agree that a Howard would be better than an Alexander or even a Ben Burgess for that matter but Clayton needs the ball threaded into his path facing goal if he is to score freely as he did last season.
So if Alexander plays the target role, and Clayton plays on the right of Alexander we could have played Charlie to Gaz's left.
Or Robbie Simpson who is almost identical as a forward to Clayton. From what we have we should be playing Weston up there but he does not have that goal scorers hunger and instinct ala Charlie so someone brave enough to put his head in but quick enough to get across the front post defender is what we need to compliment Clayton and Gaz.
The system would be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 whichever you like and the player in front of KEV and Douglas would be a playmaker like Rowlands or Josh Wright or the lad at Doncaster whose name escapes me.

The reason we would then need a marauding left back is to give us width on that side and therefore balance.

Tell me please as a football man that you of all GPGers can see what the feck I am on about even if it is not what you would do if you could take a coaching session?
 

Miguel Llera

Llera was fantastic at SW so I am not at all surprised they have signed him. Take the point about Legge, but I still think it's a shame that he has gone early. If KO is about to go as well, we are left a bit light at the back. Eger has definitely improved and was also good at SW but might this mean the return of the Dutchman!?
 

Miguel Llera

NLB I was trying to explain to an aging hooligan GPGer on Saturday that IMO Donaldson needs to play in a three up front but not as the centre piece and I kept getting pelters for suggesting he plays on the wing when that is not what I am suggesting.
I agree that a Howard would be better than an Alexander or even a Ben Burgess for that matter but Clayton needs the ball threaded into his path facing goal if he is to score freely as he did last season.
So if Alexander plays the target role, and Clayton plays on the right of Alexander we could have played Charlie to Gaz's left.
Or Robbie Simpson who is almost identical as a forward to Clayton. From what we have we should be playing Weston up there but he does not have that goal scorers hunger and instinct ala Charlie so someone brave enough to put his head in but quick enough to get across the front post defender is what we need to compliment Clayton and Gaz.

The system would be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 whichever you like and the player in front of KEV and Douglas would be a playmaker like Rowlands or Josh Wright or the lad at Doncaster whose name escapes me.

The reason we would then need a marauding left back is to give us width on that side and therefore balance.

Tell me please as a football man that you of all GPGers can see what the feck I am on about even if it is not what you would do if you could take a coaching session?


I understand but the system needs good balance to work and the three up front have to be prepared to work their socks off to help out the midfield.
 

Miguel Llera

Llera was fantastic at SW so I am not at all surprised they have signed him. Take the point about Legge, but I still think it's a shame that he has gone early. If KO is about to go as well, we are left a bit light at the back. Eger has definitely improved and was also good at SW but might this mean the return of the Dutchman!?

Could be, but he's back because of his groin strain, that will take a few weeks to fix. So as you say if KO is about to go then we are still very short in numbers at the back.
 

Miguel Llera

Could be, but he's back because of his groin strain, that will take a few weeks to fix. So as you say if KO is about to go then we are still very short in numbers at the back.

Ah! Didn't realise he was injured. Is there anyone else? :confused:
 

Miguel Llera

Ah! Didn't realise he was injured. Is there anyone else? :confused:

TBH I'm not sure how Bennett is, if he's near a return this weekend. If not ( unless someone comes in tomorrow ) we have Legge and Eger. Don't think KO is near ready. :( Am sure someone will advise if this is incorrect.
 

Miguel Llera

TBH I'm not sure how Bennett is, if he's near a return this weekend. If not ( unless someone comes in tomorrow ) we have Legge and Eger. Don't think KO is near ready. :( Am sure someone will advise if this is incorrect.

Bennett's loan ends Sunday. So it has to be extended Friday to keep him until January. Pim cannot play anyway until early January as he is still loaned to Rochdale, even though he's probably back here getting his injuries sorted out, he cannot be used. KO is probably a week or two away from contention. Kev is out for a while with an ankle ligament injury. Shaleum will be back next week. Has to miss Saturday due to his head injury. I hope we don't loan a RB! If Bennett is fit, to play, he could cover RB and CB.
 

Miguel Llera

Bennett's loan ends Sunday. So it has to be extended Friday to keep him until January. Pim cannot play anyway until early January as he is still loaned to Rochdale, even though he's probably back here getting his injuries sorted out, he cannot be used. KO is probably a week or two away from contention. Kev is out for a while with an ankle ligament injury. Shaleum will be back next week. Has to miss Saturday due to his head injury. I hope we don't loan a RB! If Bennett is fit, to play, he could cover RB and CB.

Is it time for someone from the Development squad to step up and cover, after all that's why its' there is it not?
 

Miguel Llera

Is it time for someone from the Development squad to step up and cover, after all that's why its' there is it not?

IIRC Spillanes played most of the development games. Or am I forgetting someone?
 

Miguel Llera

Is it time for someone from the Development squad to step up and cover, after all that's why its' there is it not?

I'm not sure if we have a RB in the Development Squad. It may be the Youth player stepping up.
 

Miguel Llera

Bennett's loan ends Sunday. So it has to be extended Friday to keep him until January. Pim cannot play anyway until early January as he is still loaned to Rochdale, even though he's probably back here getting his injuries sorted out, he cannot be used. KO is probably a week or two away from contention. Kev is out for a while with an ankle ligament injury. Shaleum will be back next week. Has to miss Saturday due to his head injury. I hope we don't loan a RB! If Bennett is fit, to play, he could cover RB and CB.

Agreed but let's just hope that Bennett is ok
 

Miguel Llera

Personally disappointed that hes gone when we could have really done with him this week :( I'll admit that i was extremely critical when i first saw him but recently he has shown why Uwe went for him. I just hope we can get a few bodies in later today, even if only until Christmas!
 

Miguel Llera

Scored a 30 yard free kick yesterday.. All he did was put it over Ealing Road for us.. :cry:
 

Miguel Llera

Scored a 30 yard free kick yesterday.. All he did was put it over Ealing Road for us.. :cry:

Really....I think that first free kick made us realise he'd never ever score one. I suppose it was to work eventually :rolleyes:

Any time one of our players shoots it straight out over Ealing Road I always in my head compare it to that free kick.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom