Mobile GPG

I access the GPG via the following mobile devices


  • Total voters
    112

Simon C

Moderator
Joined
6 Feb 2001
Messages
21,296
Reaction score
4,891
Location
Whitton

Mobile GPG

I want to get an idea of how many people are accessing the GPG from some kind of portable device, Blackberry, PDA, Mobile Phone, iPhone
, etc.

I've had a Nokia N70 for a little while and with Opera Mini and the new GPG mobile style the forums are nice and easy to browse. I've also noticed a few people mentioning they've posted from games recently (posts telling us we should get a life are also welcome :D ) and wanted to have an idea who and how many this was.

You can also post here if your interested and those who already are can try to help you out.

Over to you.
 

Mobile GPG

Couldnt access the GPG from my Samsung phone, always said File too large but my phone now, a Sony Ericsson is fine as is my Blackberry and I access infrequently :wave:

The missus has a Sony Ericsson and acceses most days :wave:
 

Mobile GPG

.................all information gathered in this 'survey' will be safely entrusted to the Labour government, who have promised not to abuse such information, nor to lose it.........
 

Mobile GPG

use it daily via my N95. The new mobile version is a lot better, makes it much quicker to load pages than before.
 

Mobile GPG

I use if frequently from Iphone but I find it not very readable when it gets to actual posts etc. The home page is fine.
 

Mobile GPG

I use if frequently from Iphone but I find it not very readable when it gets to actual posts etc. The home page is fine.

You know who to blame for not having the mobile style on the iPhone :D
 

Mobile GPG

Trust me. The mobile style on the iPhone is almost impossible to read. I don't know why you don't believe me. Anyway, surely Luton Bee can switch to that style if he wishes? Not that I understand what he means, because I don't find it a problem at all.
 

Mobile GPG

I've added a nice little poll which should help with the answer.
 

Mobile GPG

I voted 'Mobile Phone' but it's really a 'Smartphone' as it has a fully integrated 3g internet browser.
 

Mobile GPG

sonyericsson p990i
 

Mobile GPG

On My Sony Ericsson W850, soon to be replaced by a C902.

I keep avoiding the Blackberry handouts at work. I don't want my mail pushed to be me, well certainley not my work mail.
 

Mobile GPG

I think my problem is that I use the mobile style now (having selected it when I first accessed via iphone). As I can't now find the option to change back, I presume I need to delete the GPG cookie on my iphone?

An Iphone sytle would be nice though lol
 

Mobile GPG

I think my problem is that I use the mobile style now (having selected it when I first accessed via iphone). As I can't now find the option to change back, I presume I need to delete the GPG cookie on my iphone?

An Iphone sytle would be nice though lol

We are not starting this again........
 

Mobile GPG

You need to delete the cookie as the mobile style does not have a style selection facility.
 

Mobile GPG

Normally use my Blackberry as work has an unlimited data tariff. I've also browsed from Windows Mobile & Symbian devices in the past.
 

Mobile GPG

Blackberry 8800, and i do log on now and again if i'm laptopless :wave:
 

Mobile GPG

Nokia N70??!!! I'm sure I saw one on the Antiques Roadshow last Sunday.

I despise dirty windows.

i-Phone all the way thank you.
 

Mobile GPG

I use my N73 sometimes and it works OK, although there are some tweaks to the mobile style I'd like to see made (like italics for things that have been quoted). It's mostly decent though, top hole.
 

Mobile GPG

In Cyprus recently I was using my Touch iPod to get onto GPG when in wi fi areas ... but my partners Blackberry was a waste of time as it took ages to download the pages :(

What "style" did you get on the Blackberry? The normal one or the mobile one (that you should also have got on the iPod)
 

Mobile GPG

What "style" did you get on the Blackberry? The normal one or the mobile one (that you should also have got on the iPod)


On the iPod it was the normal GPG .. on the Blackberry it was completely different so I guess thats what you call the mobile style. I gave up on the Blackberry as it took forever or did not down load the pages .. but that may have been Vodafone coverage problem .. however my partner made and took calls/texts and e-mails as normal :confused:
 

Mobile GPG

New format is much better from a blackberry, can't log on for some reason but can view OK.
 

Mobile GPG

The iPhone style is good, but it is frustrating that you can't click directly to the first unread post on a thread, like you can on the normal GPG.
 

Mobile GPG

Mobile GPG

Don't think it is. You would have to clear the cache on your mobile device to re-set I think
 

Mobile GPG

There doesn't seem to be a drop down menu anywhere, clicking on the settings tab just brings up these options:
Private Messages
Social Groups
Subscribed Threads
Edit Signature
Log Out Search
I can't see an obvious way to switch back...
 

Mobile GPG

Clicking on the link provided i got this:
Forum New posts Settings
vBulletin Message

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Log Out Search
vBulletin; Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Mobile GPG

Still the mobile style I guess? What if you try a different browser?
 

Mobile GPG

have just logged on, whilst having a pint in kings road, with new samsung omnia, for first time. quick, easy, no probs, yet.
 

Mobile GPG

have just logged on, whilst having a pint in kings road, with new samsung omnia, for first time. quick, easy, no probs, yet.

That's really odd. Our records show you accessing from the Half Moon in putney. Must be something wrong with our triangulation system, can you confirm the serial number of your phone and your social security number. Thanks.
 
Back
Top Bottom