Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Les Beeavinu

Administrator
Joined
5 Aug 2002
Messages
78,864
Reaction score
61,088
Location
Sandhurst

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Hi all,

As you know, we have had to do a bit of an upgrade and this has caused some issues with the Mobile style (which I personally hate). In a few minutes, I will be removing this and replacing it with a default style. I'm really not sure what will happen to you if you are using mobiles but I am going to assume that you will need to chnage your style using the style picker below. I would like you all to select Default Mobile Style.

If it works, the new style is much, much better than the one it replaces except it is in an objectionable blue - that's something I will change over time but first, I want to see what happens. Please post all your observations here - even if nothing happens.

Good luck all ..... I'm going in.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Thanks for all the time that I presume is being spent on this.

My observations on the mobile GPG is that it's very clear and clean-looking, but that the old 'what's new?' List that came up at the start seems a little more tricky to access.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Thanks for all the time that I presume is being spent on this.

My observations on the mobile GPG is that it's very clear and clean-looking, but that the old 'what's new?' List that came up at the start seems a little more tricky to access.

Yes but I do fear that you may have to live with that. A least for a while anyway.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Much more readable but it's quite a sad blue! Will the icon access remain?
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Regarding the Blue, it will change but is a very large and unfriendly css file that I need to edit so it will take some time.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Can you stop iPads defaulting to the mobile themes?

Screen is big enough for the gpg default imo.

p.s. all very good. Well done dudes.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Looks great thanks. Is it possible to access the new posts as I can't work it out. Thanks.

Select icon with three dots at the top and the screen it takes you to has an icon called What's New.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Can you stop iPads defaulting to the mobile themes?

Screen is big enough for the gpg default imo.

p.s. all very good. Well done dudes.

From the Home Page, at the bottom there is a link to Full Site. Select that then choose another style from the Style Picker. That will remain your style until you change it..
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Top RH, from the right, has a search icon, then a menu icon, that opens to a list of 7 icons, 7th is New Posts

That won't change for the foreseeable. Is that a problem?
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

No, much more millenial!
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

From the Home Page, at the bottom there is a link to Full Site. Select that then choose another style from the Style Picker. That will remain your style until you change it..

Cheers Les. Is that new? Have changed it to full site before as described ... but would always go back to mobile the day after.

Not a biggie anyway. Just a bit bored .... will shut up now ...
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

How do you access new posts?

Select icon with three dots at the top and the screen it takes you to has an icon called What's New.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

From the Home Page, at the bottom there is a link to Full Site. Select that then choose another style from the Style Picker. That will remain your style until you change it..

This doesn't seem to work on my Android Marshmallow phone. When I click on any of the buttons under the search button (Profile, Messages and What's New) it just seems to click the search button.

Have used Opera and Chrome.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

By the seems of it you had no choice. But everything is too large! Scrolling and navigation is 3/4 times longer. Not sure how this can be addressed moving forwards.

I liked the old version it just missed notifications and likes.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

By the seems of it you had no choice. But everything is too large! Scrolling and navigation is 3/4 times longer. Not sure how this can be addressed moving forwards.

I liked the old version it just missed notifications and likes.

You can now select the old style if you wish. However, it's flaky and I'll more likely concentrate on this new style as it's the recommended and vBulletin approved approached.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

I have a MASSIVE BFC Badge on my iPhone. So massive that I can only see about 25% of it on my screen. After I hit the three '...' it disappears, but up till then it's there. This is the very first time I've used it,.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

It was only there temporarily.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

How do you switch back from 'Mobile Style' to ' Full Style'??......
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

How do you switch back from 'Mobile Style' to ' Full Style'??......

From the Home Page, at the bottom there is a link to Full Site. Select that then choose another style from the Style Picker. That will remain your style until you change it..
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

GPG Mobile is back!!!
WooHoo!!!
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

I have to say I prefer the old version
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

You can now select the old style if you wish. However, it's flaky and I'll more likely concentrate on this new style as it's the recommended and vBulletin approved approached.
Thanks
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

By the seems of it you had no choice. But everything is too large! Scrolling and navigation is 3/4 times longer. Not sure how this can be addressed moving forwards.

I liked the old version it just missed notifications and likes.

I like the new large size - it's good for the more mature man ...
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

First couple of improvements - in the header, there are two new buttons; the button with the connected globe icon is "What's New" and the button with the pencil is "Mark as Read". Please also note that home can be accessed by pressing the BFC badge icon.

I'd be very grateful if you could put up some other modifications you'd like to see for consideration. They may not always get addressed but I will respond either way.

This does not include "Go back to the Old Style". ;)
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

great work Les. as you said earlier, i didn't like the old GPG Mobile style myself and used to switch to Desktop view (even on a phone). I tried the new Mobile style a bit yesterday and it looked good, especially at this primitive ;) stage.

i shall submit my demands... sorry, requests forthwith...
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

I prefer the old version too, but I guess I will get use to it
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

I've restarted my phone this morning and it's reverted to old version of GPG. Is that correct?
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Wasted an hour in the wee small hours trying without success to find the pick list again to go back into 'gpg mobile' the old version. Heyho its automatically reverted this morning! My main problem with the new version was 'new posts'. When I clicked on a thread listed, it would insist on only going to the 1st page of the thread, not automatically to the newest posts that I hadn't read, as happens under the old system. Also the were no page numbers shown so I could manually go to, eg, the 'last page'. I perhaps should mention that I have an old 2G Nokia, rather than a smart phone. EDIT, it wouldn't allow me last night, to go 'full', rather than 'mobile'.
 
Last edited:

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Like it. Looks good and easy to use. Well done all.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

I like the new version. Much clearer. Easy to navigate and, once you learn your way around, you'll get used to it.

Thanks LesB.....

I don't think many of us realise the amount of work is involved in switching styles and upgrading.

ps I'll let you sort out the main forum before the other thing.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Awesome - thanks.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

I like the new version. Much clearer. Easy to navigate and, once you learn your way around, you'll get used to it.

Thanks LesB.....

I don't think many of us realise the amount of work is involved in switching styles and upgrading.

ps I'll let you sort out the main forum before the other thing.

Sort out what on the main forum and what other thing?
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

My main problem with the new version was 'new posts'. When I clicked on a thread listed, it would insist on only going to the 1st page of the thread, not automatically to the newest posts that I hadn't read, as happens under the old system.

You need to click on the arrow on right hand side of the thread, rather than the thread title.
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Congratulations. But it's gone now. Northampton Bee will be along soon when some sort of analogy.

Am I not allowed to say that, you could see more content on the previous version and it was easier to navigate but hey ho
 

Mobile Users - PLEASE READ

Am I not allowed to say that, you could see more content on the previous version and it was easier to navigate but hey ho

We go again. Plan B is to do Plan A better. The screen geography will improve.
 
Back
Top Bottom