Name that Bee!!!???

absenteebee

INVALID EMAIL
Joined
19 May 2006
Messages
11,460
Reaction score
11

Name that Bee!!!???

New game for you...

Who is this???
 

Name that Bee!!!???

I'm gonna kick myself when the answer is revealed.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Clue 1....

signed from Dawlish Town.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Paul McCullough - Wednesday night brought back scary memories of him.

:sorted:

goalkeeper. didn't play many games. Mckellar replaced him in 80-81 if i remember correctly. then he left...........where to?.............no idea.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Not our greatest keeper ever, but he was pitched into a side that contained a whole load of new signings by Callaghan. After a tolerable start in a first leg 3-1 against Charlton in the league cup, which kicked off the season in those days, he conceded eight in his next two matches. Five in the return leg at the Valley and then three in our opening league game which was also against Charlton I think. One thing about him, he always threw the ball out presumably under orders in his early games. Interesting times those, I enjoyed the Callaghan era which naturally ended in tears, nothing new there then.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Well done!!! I thought noone would remember him...

This one will be a piece of pi, sorry, cake....

Oh, and what was the funny story that got him into the Guinness Book of Football back in the day???
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Is it Lee Holmes?

The story was covered when The Bees were featured on The Big Match.

He was getting married on the same day as a game at GP and was carted off on the back of a motorbike in his boots and jockstrap, which he made a point of mentioning on several occasions during the interview.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Correct.

This is no fun!

Anyone else got any pics???
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Is it Lee Holmes?

The story was covered when The Bees were featured on The Big Match.

He was getting married on the same day as a game at GP and was carted off on the back of a motorbike in his boots and jockstrap, which he made a point of mentioning on several occasions during the interview.

Against Sheffield Wednesday if my memory serves me correctly.

:wave: :wave:
 

Name that Bee!!!???

I don't know either of them as I'm under 50 ;) but they are both somewhat unattractive.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

I'm 52 and was 25 at that time and remember back long before that. Sure it's not Alzheimer's? Lee Holmes was a part-timer. He worked as a surveyor or draughtsman and Callaghan showed him the door when he refused to go full-time.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Signed him from Harringey Borough.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

I don't know either of them as I'm under 50 ;) but they are both somewhat unattractive.


Yeah but the shirts are cool...REAL football kit in those days with proper stripes.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

who rembers graham cox now that was a bad goalkeeper
 

Name that Bee!!!???

new one for you...

who is this>>>

ps. now that's an away kit!
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Tony Spencer? Great kit - worth a re-run I reckon. :fishing:
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Tony Spencer? Great kit - worth a re-run I reckon. :fishing:

correct!

promising youngster suffered bad injury, never recovered. that seems to happen a lot at GP.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

correct!

promising youngster suffered bad injury, never recovered. that seems to happen a lot at GP.

none more so than this guy...

although, okay, maybe he wasn't that young....
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Tony Mahoney?

Broke his leg away at Swindon in a cup game. We signed him from Palace didn't we?
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Tony Mahoney?

Broke his leg away at Swindon in a cup game. We signed him from Palace didn't we?

think we got him from fulham and maybe let him go to palace. not sure though.

correct...

try this one then...
 

Name that Bee!!!???

What a partnership him and Francis Joseph were or would have been :(
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Name that Bee!!!???

One of my favourite ex Brentford keepers.

I was laughed at and reminded that he was in goal for Exeter when we won 7-1 at St James' Park.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

One of my favourite ex Brentford keepers.

I was laughed at and reminded that he was in goal for Exeter when we won 7-1 at St James' Park.

one last pic...

len bond of exeter city...

i liked him so much i wrote to exeter to wish him all the best!

i was seven.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Tony Mahoney?

Broke his leg away at Swindon in a cup game. We signed him from Palace didn't we?

Mahoney broke his leg at the Home replay game against Swindon in the FA Cup. I remember hearing the crack from the half way line. Great CF, came from Fulscum, then onto palace.

I never rated Tony Spencer myself !
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Last three...

a, b, c ???
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Fisher, Murray, Roberts G. or is it P?
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Thats yer lot...

...and I'm very late now.
 

Name that Bee!!!???

Paul Roberts the right way up...

...
 

Name that Bee!!!???

I Remember Millwall away re Paul Roberts !!!!! got a banger on the legs that day! What a place the Den was.................................
 

Name that Bee!!!???

okay, they've all been too easy ...

a, b, c, d....
 

Name that Bee!!!???

I think the negative is Terry Rowe (bet that gets me banned!)
 

Name that Bee!!!???

b stan bowles
 
Back
Top Bottom