New Stadium Progress

New Stadium Progress

Where did you get it from?

Same place everyone can get it from.

Go onto the Brentford stadium site (link was posted on here a few weeks ago) and download the top PDF file - think its part 2 of 2 dated the 6th October.

Its got a lot of information and more pictures, like these:

1-1.jpg


Level 0 - Leisure Centre
2-2.jpg


Level 1 - Car Park
3-2.jpg


Level 2 - Podium & Hub Entrance
4-5.jpg


Level 3- Pitch View
5-2.jpg


Level 4 - Main Lounge
6-2.jpg


Other images

Proposed Sections
7-1.jpg


Multi-Level Spaces
8.jpg
 

New Stadium Progress

Not a chance, I have a 4 year old son who wants to watch Thomas the Tank Engine and an 9 year old who wants to watch the Simpsons, I'm well down the TV food chain in my own house.:(

Do you not have bedroom doors that lock in your house. :confused:
 

New Stadium Progress

I can't believe this pdf was posted weeks ago and no-one noticed! Lots of great images to wet our appetite. The whole complex really is looking fantastic.
 

New Stadium Progress

it wasn't posted weeks ago, more less than a week ago. The 1st part was, but this one seemed to be delayed.
 

New Stadium Progress

Well it all seems very promising and the fact that there is a website devoted to the stadium surely must indicate that it is highly likely that it will happen :)
 

New Stadium Progress

It's all looking very positive, FINGERS CROSSED..........

Anyone read the Presentation on transport issues delivered to the LRLG Group 6th October. Just wondering what rugby club they have in mind?

I'm guessing it's London Irish or Wasps.
 

New Stadium Progress

It's all looking very positive, FINGERS CROSSED..........

Anyone read the Presentation on transport issues delivered to the LRLG Group 6th October. Just wondering what rugby club they have in mind?

I'm guessing it's London Irish or Wasps.

London Welsh, Richmond?
 

New Stadium Progress

What do we need to share with another club for ,which will only lead to problems with compaction of said playing surface . That means they will have input into the stadium aswell ie no standing areas ,so imo just say NO .Weve gone without up till now so why do they want to share ,when obviously gp wasnt up to scratch for there requirements now , tell em to sling there hook RANT JUST COMMENCING
 

New Stadium Progress

What do we need to share with another club for ,which will only lead to problems with compaction of said playing surface . That means they will have input into the stadium aswell ie no standing areas ,so imo just say NO .Weve gone without up till now so why do they want to share ,when obviously gp wasnt up to scratch for there requirements now , tell em to sling there hook RANT JUST COMMENCING

Only part I agree with is playing surface.

The stadium is Brentfords. Not anyone elses.

Its our stadium. They will be tenants, but more likely life, or very long tenants, meaning more financial input into Brentford FC, and also helps pay the debt of the new stadium.
 

New Stadium Progress

Only part I agree with is playing surface.

The stadium is Brentfords. Not anyone elses.

Its our stadium. They will be tenants, but more likely life, or very long tenants, meaning more financial input into Brentford FC, and also helps pay the debt of the new stadium.
And it also helps sell it to the council, that the stadium is more than just about Brentford FC.
 

New Stadium Progress

What do we need to share with another club for ,which will only lead to problems with compaction of said playing surface . That means they will have input into the stadium aswell ie no standing areas ,so imo just say NO .Weve gone without up till now so why do they want to share ,when obviously gp wasnt up to scratch for there requirements now , tell em to sling there hook RANT JUST COMMENCING
not so, they wouldn't have any involvement with that side of things i'm certain. it would only affect the playing surface insofar as the type of grass used, so as to not end up with a mudbath of a pitch.

what they would bring is money, and another use for the stadium - always good in negotiations as said before.
 

New Stadium Progress

There was a rumour locally that Reading want them out of the mad jet ski! :fishing:
i think there were issues with irish complaining about having to play matches on friday nights (when reading were on tv on a monday i think) and so on because reading wouldn't allow them to play less than 2 clear days before a football match. i think there was quite a bit of animosity over it, tho i think it is sorted now...
 

New Stadium Progress

Also London Irish haven't really got the 'entertainment' facilites they want at Reading. I would be surprised if it isn't them.

And it makes sense using the stadium for more than 1 sport, just need to sort out the pitch problem.
 

New Stadium Progress

Woah this is massive news - how did this escape my radar! Did this get a main page mention on the GPG?

It got a mention about a month ago, I believe on the BU website. That is if we are talking about the website. However, I wouldn't consider having a website "massive news" :shrug:

BFC(LR) provide quarterly updates to supporters and that is probably the best mechanism for staying in touch with what's going on.
 

New Stadium Progress

PRINCESS trust me it doesn't matter what type of grass you use be it fescue rubra rubra or poa annua or rye grass they will all suffer from compaction which in turn turns to mud , football and rugby dont go together fact, so why should our playing surface suffer, did you not notice the pitch when London broncos played here at gp or before that when norwood hall staff came to brentford to renovate the pitch and trust me bfc would not be able to re turf the pitch as often as Chelsea do COMPACTION DAMAGES THE ROOTS STRUCTURES HENCE MUD
 

New Stadium Progress

bees52.

Can you remind me where both Reading and Wycombe are in the league tables, and also tell me if they have rugby at their grounds?

Football can be successful on the pitches that also have rugby on it. If you are to be successful, you should be able to play on ANY pitch.
 

New Stadium Progress

PRINCESS trust me it doesn't matter what type of grass you use be it fescue rubra rubra or poa annua or rye grass they will all suffer from compaction which in turn turns to mud , football and rugby dont go together fact, so why should our playing surface suffer, did you not notice the pitch when London broncos played here at gp or before that when norwood hall staff came to brentford to renovate the pitch and trust me bfc would not be able to re turf the pitch as often as Chelsea do COMPACTION DAMAGES THE ROOTS STRUCTURES HENCE MUD
i do wish you'd not use caps. in any case, there are ways of making a pitch strong enough for both sports, and it does work with reasonable sucess elsewhere. whether the club choose to go that way, or choose to spend the money on the required quality of pitch remains to be seen of course. i see no reason why with a clean sheet of paper to design a stadium that there'd be an issue.
 

New Stadium Progress

football clubs who share with rugby clubs

Reading/London Irish
Wycombe/Wasps
Stockport/Sale
Watford/Saracens

to name 4, whose pitches seem to hold up ok to me.
 

New Stadium Progress

ladbroke take your point about sharing imo its wrong ,as to our old reserves not interested in there calibre of football at all. Just want to see our players recieve the best surface possible without extra usage.
Princess sorry about capts but doesnt one start a sentence with a caps i comes to mind 3x times ???? sorry again
 

New Stadium Progress

Whilst I'm not able to substantiate this, I have a heard a rumour that all the deals are now done. Barratts are doing the build; they are not phased about the current crunch as they think things will all be good in less than 5 years (ha!), and this is a medium-long term project.
Watermans is gone, as is the leisure centre. Stadium will incorporate a gym and other stuff, but can't remember what.
Can't recall the other bits that I heard - don't know which direction the grass will be cut ;)

Oh - and i don't know how much of this is old news :confused:

I don't know what I feel about this to be honest. On one hand, it's good that the club are close to achieving one of their main aims of getting a new stadium, and with that quite possibly relieving the club of debt. BUT I can't help but feel a tad guilty because everytime I hear that the project may be delayed, I do feel rather pleased because I love Griffin Park so much and want to prolong our stay at GP for as long as possible. In a perfect world, I'd love us to continue playing at GP without making a loss. It may be what modern football is all about having these big all-seater stadiums with facilities other than just football matches but for me, Griffin Park is Brentford FC and Brentford FC is Griffin Park. We will lose something when we if we up sticks for Lionel Road. Just look at Darlington, MK Dons, etc. It can't be much fun watching your team in a stadium not even a quarter full. But whatever, I suppose it is better for BFC is the long term, so I must put my personal feelings for Griffin Park aside. It's going to be a VERY sad day when we do leave Griffin Park.. :(
 

New Stadium Progress

I don't know what I feel about this to be honest. On one hand, it's good that the club are close to achieving one of their main aims of getting a new stadium, and with that quite possibly relieving the club of debt. BUT I can't help but feel a tad guilty because everytime I hear that the project may be delayed, I do feel rather pleased because I love Griffin Park so much and want to prolong our stay at GP for as long as possible. In a perfect world, I'd love us to continue playing at GP without making a loss. It may be what modern football is all about having these big all-seater stadiums with facilities other than just football matches but for me, Griffin Park is Brentford FC and Brentford FC is Griffin Park. We will lose something when we if we up sticks for Lionel Road. Just look at Darlington, MK Dons, etc. It can't be much fun watching your team in a stadium not even a quarter full. But whatever, I suppose it is better for BFC is the long term, so I must put my personal feelings for Griffin Park aside. It's going to be a VERY sad day when we do leave Griffin Park.. :(

:imwith::)
 

New Stadium Progress

I don't know what I feel about this to be honest. On one hand, it's good that the club are close to achieving one of their main aims of getting a new stadium, and with that quite possibly relieving the club of debt. BUT I can't help but feel a tad guilty because everytime I hear that the project may be delayed, I do feel rather pleased because I love Griffin Park so much and want to prolong our stay at GP for as long as possible. In a perfect world, I'd love us to continue playing at GP without making a loss. It may be what modern football is all about having these big all-seater stadiums with facilities other than just football matches but for me, Griffin Park is Brentford FC and Brentford FC is Griffin Park. We will lose something when we if we up sticks for Lionel Road. Just look at Darlington, MK Dons, etc. It can't be much fun watching your team in a stadium not even a quarter full. But whatever, I suppose it is better for BFC is the long term, so I must put my personal feelings for Griffin Park aside. It's going to be a VERY sad day when we do leave Griffin Park.. :(

I can't wait. GP is long past its sell by date.
 

New Stadium Progress

i'll be very sad to see GP go. but i was thinking the other day that we're all so reluctant for change at the moment, but i bet if you asked fans say 80 years ago if they would want an improvement in the stadium the size of the one we're looking at, they wouldn't hesitate.
 

New Stadium Progress

It will be very sad, i can't imagine what it will feel like to know you will never ever set foot in there again. But in saying that it will be exciting having the new stadium, choosing seats etc. Also going along every few months to see it taking shape on way to pub will be good.
 

New Stadium Progress

i'll be very sad to see GP go. but i was thinking the other day that we're all so reluctant for change at the moment, but i bet if you asked fans say 80 years ago if they would want an improvement in the stadium the size of the one we're looking at, they wouldn't hesitate.
Maybe not as the capacity of Lionel Road will be half of what GP was 80 years ago! :D
 

New Stadium Progress

Back to the pitch debate, in a Wycombe programme for a Bees match some years age, WW outlined the fact that when the ground sharing agreement with Wasps came about, it was a prerequisite that a special pitch was laid at a cost of £300k(?). As far as I can see WW have had a pretty decent pitch in recent times & so it seems to have worked.

L Welsh have also been mentioned as possible ground sharers, I believe.
 

New Stadium Progress

i would rather have london irish than london welsh

much bigger fan base!!
also there is no word welsh in there name!!
use to play for them when i was younger :)
 

New Stadium Progress

i would rather have london irish than london welsh

much bigger fan base!!
also there is no word welsh in there name!!
use to play for them when i was younger :)


Ho, ho, ho. :grey:
 

New Stadium Progress

Maybe not as the capacity of Lionel Road will be half of what GP was 80 years ago! :D
smartarse. ;)

i went to the Barcelona museum recently, and they've got a big exhibition there on what they went through to get camp nou built. i loved the way the whole community and all of the members saved and paid for it and all that. i know it's 'not how things work thesedays' but i dream of that sort of spirit around BFC.
 

New Stadium Progress

i would rather have london irish than london welsh

much bigger fan base!!
also there is no word welsh in there name!!
use to play for them when i was younger :)

They're at Reading. Most likely to be London Welsh or maybe Wasps.
 

New Stadium Progress

Back to the pitch debate, in a Wycombe programme for a Bees match some years age, WW outlined the fact that when the ground sharing agreement with Wasps came about, it was a prerequisite that a special pitch was laid at a cost of £300k(?). As far as I can see WW have had a pretty decent pitch in recent times & so it seems to have worked.

L Welsh have also been mentioned as possible ground sharers, I believe.
I believe that if the infrastructure is in place from the beginning, with the correct depth and drainage, and the requisite grass used for the pitch, there should be only minor inconvenience caused by sharing with any form of rugby.

A primary focus for LR must be on maximising the annual days of use and having a local rugby club as tenants must be top of the list.
 

New Stadium Progress

football clubs who share with rugby clubs

Reading/London Irish
Wycombe/Wasps
Stockport/Sale
Watford/Saracens

to name 4, whose pitches seem to hold up ok to me.

I would like to think that we would be talking to these four clubs to find out what issues such a share brings, and how they deal with them.
 

New Stadium Progress

i would rather have london irish than london welsh

much bigger fan base!!
also there is no word welsh in there name!!
use to play for them when i was younger :)

You used to play for London Welsh. Well done :sorted:

(or maybe there's a grammatical issue or two in your post :shrug: )
 

New Stadium Progress

I don't know what I feel about this to be honest. On one hand, it's good that the club are close to achieving one of their main aims of getting a new stadium, and with that quite possibly relieving the club of debt. BUT I can't help but feel a tad guilty because everytime I hear that the project may be delayed, I do feel rather pleased because I love Griffin Park so much and want to prolong our stay at GP for as long as possible. In a perfect world, I'd love us to continue playing at GP without making a loss. It may be what modern football is all about having these big all-seater stadiums with facilities other than just football matches but for me, Griffin Park is Brentford FC and Brentford FC is Griffin Park. We will lose something when we if we up sticks for Lionel Road. Just look at Darlington, MK Dons, etc. It can't be much fun watching your team in a stadium not even a quarter full. But whatever, I suppose it is better for BFC is the long term, so I must put my personal feelings for Griffin Park aside. It's going to be a VERY sad day when we do leave Griffin Park.. :(

I agree it will be a very sad day , but the ground has never been the same since royal oak was knocked down and terraces on new road were replaced with seats . Use to b envy of a lot of clubs during the 70,s but is a shadow of its self now .
 

New Stadium Progress

When we commence the build at Lionel Road do you think BFC can be persuaded to mount a few cameras so we can all monitor the build process? I wokr in Construction and have had this requested on a number of Projects and it works well and generates publicity for the Project.
 

New Stadium Progress

I havent done this on a Project in a while but if you have an internet connection on site (Which is a must have to be honest) you only need to buy the cameras which are cheap as chips and the poles for these to be fixed too. You can also have links to the BFC site on there and links to the Architects, Structural Engineers, Mechanical & Electrical Consultants, the local council, BIAS so its a marketing tool too. BFC get it done, go on you know you want too :sorted:
 

New Stadium Progress

When we commence the build at Lionel Road do you think BFC can be persuaded to mount a few cameras so we can all monitor the build process? I wokr in Construction and have had this requested on a number of Projects and it works well and generates publicity for the Project.

Can see a separate thread for that with the pictures or a link being posted on here. Probably would have a record number of posts and moans about the way in which the camera angle is positioned, number of builders, fact that it hasn't been built within 24 hours (goes on ad nauseam) :rolleyes:
 

New Stadium Progress

Gazza Bee

You seem to have a live link as your avatar my those builders are quick!
 
Back
Top Bottom