One Stuart Nelson

What do YOU think about Brentford's Number One?


  • Total voters
    208
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

One Stuart Nelson

Stuart Nelson scared the living delights out of me as a keeper! good shot stopper but then chaos and carnage!
 

One Stuart Nelson

Anyone see Abbey's howler the other night - to the majority on here it seems that if a keeper makes a cock-up then he's not welcome at GP so ........

And wasn't too clever with one of the other goals as well...
 

One Stuart Nelson

Stuart Nelson scared the living delights out of me as a keeper! good shot stopper but then chaos and carnage!

very entertaining stuff indeed ! :sorted: :D

His record in our two play-off seasons was very good though I think you'll agree ? :shrug:

and he is still very young for a keeper :yes:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Goalkeepers don't have to be flawless - they don't have to act like the arrogant ****** they are. I understand (but may be wrong) he wasn't even *slightly* grateful for a framed pic of him given to him (at his request) by a GPGer.

And that makes him a cr@p keeper?? :confused:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Regardless of his actions on the pitch does no one remember how many mistakes he made in the 2 promotion chasing seasons?

I can't remember how many times I thought 'He's done it again!!!!!!'
 

One Stuart Nelson

Regardless of his actions on the pitch does no one remember how many mistakes he made in the 2 promotion chasing seasons?

I can't remember how many times I thought 'He's done it again!!!!!!'

Probably less mistakes than good chances we missed to score or last minute goals leaked by poor tactical defending in front of him. He also saved us some points too don't forget. :wave:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Seems to me he's havin the last laugh.

Top of league 1.

Or hoping to get out of league 2.

I know where i'd rather bee,
 

One Stuart Nelson

Regardless of his actions on the pitch does no one remember how many mistakes he made in the 2 promotion chasing seasons?

I can't remember how many times I thought 'He's done it again!!!!!!'

All the record books will show is that we made 2 consecutive FA Cup 5th rounds, and 2 consecutive Play Off Semi Finals....

No-one would have predicted that in March 2004.

.......it was more likely a lack of goal power that cost us, that final push :sorted:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Seems to me he's havin the last laugh.

Top of league 1.

Or hoping to get out of league 2.

I know where i'd rather bee,

Very early days yet but, if he has 20 clean sheets and Orient are promoted I'll walk to.....on 2nd thoughts I'd just say "well done Stuart" and "I was wrong". Somehow I don't think I will though!
 

One Stuart Nelson

Orient haven't seen the real nelson yet.
the one who punts endlessly into touch, dithers on decision making & comes recklessly to the edge of the box enabling opposition strikers to lob it easily into the net.
i presume they've noticed that he reckons himself though!!
 

One Stuart Nelson

He is a good keeper but I get the impression that he and Brentford had tired of each other. Best for all parties that he's moved on but I'm not surprised he's doing well.
 

One Stuart Nelson

Orient haven't seen the real nelson yet.
the one who punts endlessly into touch, dithers on decision making & comes recklessly to the edge of the box enabling opposition strikers to lob it easily into the net.
i presume they've noticed that he reckons himself though!!

Hello Nelly :wave:

Perhaps Orient are thinking to themselves "we've landed ourselves a good young keeper, bit of work to do but that'll come with training, experience and age" :shrug:

Wonder if the Orient fans web-site Dictator has heard tales so that he can take a dislike to Stuart ? :shrug:
 

One Stuart Nelson

.......it was more likely a lack of goal power that cost us, that final push :sorted:

Without a doubt, but he did cost us some points and made too many bad decisions for my liking. He was a very good shot stopper....I'll give him that.
 

One Stuart Nelson

I liked him as a keeper but always thought he behaved like a **** to opposition supporters.

sh*t accident prone keeper who cost us about 20 points a season and lead to our defenders playing with no confidence at all.

I did love him winding up the away fans too though yes.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Read this whilst you can folks, Banana will soon delete it because he doesn't like Stuart Nelson :)

Why does that make one think that Abbey is an excellent goalkeeper :scratch:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Why does that make one think that Abbey is an excellent goalkeeper :scratch:

It doesn't but it's taken that we can't criticise any other keeper than your current Mr Dislike Stuart Nelson ! ;)
 

One Stuart Nelson

sh*t accident prone keeper who cost us about 20 points a season and lead to our defenders playing with no confidence at all.

I did love him winding up the away fans too though yes.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Think that's way over the top, as he also made some outstanding saves that won and kept us in games as well. He was without argument high profile, enjoyed the attention, was very entertaining, never hid, made brave decisions, that were sometimes rash and wrong and what we remember him for. If you show off you have to be good enough to carry it off and when you're winning it's fun and fans love it, when you're struggling supporters want to see someone grafting and 100% effort over showmanship.

However, If we'd scored the number of goals that a serious promotion contender should tally on both play off seasons, we wouldn't have been so worried about those conceded and talking about Nelly.

Personally I think he as a very good keeper but the time was right for him to move on. I expect to see him play at championship level in time unlike Brown or Masters based on what I've seen.
 

One Stuart Nelson

It doesn't but it's taken that we can't criticise any other keeper than your current Mr Dislike Stuart Nelson ! ;)

I'm going to add another name to it very soon Mr Bee H ;)
 

One Stuart Nelson

Last season what a bottler nelson is rather would have had Abbey in goal a class keeper it was the reson we went down bees could not afford to pay him the 600 pound a week plus that donkey up front with jo
 

One Stuart Nelson

How did you work out that Nelson is a bottler :confused:

He will go on to better things than we will in the next 5 years :sorted:
 

One Stuart Nelson

He is a good keeper but I get the impression that he and Brentford had tired of each other. Best for all parties that he's moved on but I'm not surprised he's doing well.
Fully agree.:sorted:
We love putting the boot in on certain players.Steve Hunt was crap when he was here according to some.Get a life dumbos.
 

One Stuart Nelson

I think he was an average League One performer. Didn't set the world alight, but made some good saves. Found the stands with amazing frequency with goal kicks. :shrug:
 

One Stuart Nelson

. Nelson found the stands with amazing frequency with goal kicks. :shrug:

In the same manner that the MK Donkeys keeper did after MA was appointed manager there....strange that isn't it !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Hello Nelly :wave:

Perhaps Orient are thinking to themselves "we've landed ourselves a good young keeper, bit of work to do but that'll come with training, experience and age" :shrug:

Wonder if the Orient fans web-site Dictator has heard tales so that he can take a dislike to Stuart ? :shrug:
Helloo There :wave:
I've always preferred the pub to the keeper.
Particularly now they have a dark haired foxy lady behind the pumps :sorted:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Steve Hunt was crap when he was here according to some.Get a life dumbos.

Steve Hunt wasn't crap, but he certainly wasn't anything like the player he's become now :rolleyes:

Just because he's now and international and plays in the Premiershite, doesn't mean he was a top player when he was here. People forget that too :wave:

Frankly he wasn't. When he said he wanted to play for Eire i nearly p*ssed myself laughing lol

:fishing:
 

One Stuart Nelson

Move the thread the Bee H's Relegation Forum :D

I have moved the relevant threads to a new thread in Football World to appease Edmundo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom