Both I fear. I remember PA when he came on loan from Wimbledon, what an athlete and so quick but as they say tempus fugit.
I think I'm right in that Agyemang first match was when we lost at home to Gillingham which finished our record unbeaten run of what was it 26 matches??![]()
I think I'm right in that Agyemang first match was when we lost at home to Gillingham which finished our record unbeaten run of what was it 26 matches??![]()
Both I fear. I remember PA when he came on loan from Wimbledon, what an athlete and so quick but as they say tempus fugit.
Now at Dagenham
...His nane is a bit un-PC isn't it....:moo:
I cant remember for the life of me him pulling on a bees top??
We got him as an unknown on loan from Wimbledon, good quick attacker but a bit goal shy as I recall. When I saw him for Stevenage for the first time in years he looked like he was on the same training regime as Akinfenwa.
If he doesn't join another league club, it will leave Paul Smith at Southend as the ex-Brentford player who made his debut the longest time ago.
If he doesn't join another league club, it will leave Paul Smith at Southend as the ex-Brentford player who made his debut the longest time ago.
? Don't understand, still registered playing at a league club?
Agyemang made his Brentford debut in October 1999. No other ex-Brentford player is still playing league football who appeared for us before that date.
The next 'oldest' is Paul Smith, who made his Brentford debut the following season.
I remember Agyemang making his debut more early 00's ?
October 1999 in a home defeat to Gillingham.
Memory probably playing tricks, but I thought the first we saw of him was at Dean Court v. Bournemouth?
I distinctly remember a miserable visit there around November 99, and thinking who the hell is that...
Not so sure re Paul Smith as it is Ted Smith who is the young keeper on their bench not Paul.
Yes, Paul Smith hasn't played since August. http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=24590
Agyemang made his Brentford debut in October 1999. No other ex-Brentford player is still playing league football who appeared for us before that date.
The next 'oldest' is Paul Smith, who made his Brentford debut the following season.
Not so sure re Paul Smith as it is Ted Smith who is the young keeper on their bench not Paul.
I'm aware of that - but Paul Smith is still with them!!
Next in the list after Smith is Jay Tabb.
I think you're forgetting Kevin O'Connor who first appeared for the Bees in a League game in February 2000, although to be fair, the chances of him making another league appearance are slim to zero unless our final position is settled before the Wigan game and he gets a run out then. Even then I suspect that it would only be if we had already missed out on a play-off spot or if we wanted to rest someone for the play-offs to give them time to recover from injury and we were already guaranteed 3rd/4th or 5th/6th and had no particular preference over which team we'd meet in the PO SFs (if we're concerned about meeting any of them we're not likely to win them).
I think you're forgetting Kevin O'Connor who first appeared for the Bees in a League game in February 2000
Gillingham away was it,finished 0-0?
We had all heard about this young striker we had in the youth team with the nickname "Shearer" and were buzzing about him getting his debut#naive
I think you're forgetting Kevin O'Connor ...
Stick him up front in the run in?!
I always thought the nickname was based on Duncan rather than Alan.
Next in the list after Smith is Jay Tabb.
Then Steven Hunt, Stuart Nelson and Dean Wells....
Do Sonko and Chorley still play ?
Then Steven Hunt, Stuart Nelson and Dean Wells....