Patrick Agyemang

Patrick Agyemang

Who Agyemang or Pompey?
 

Patrick Agyemang

Both I fear. I remember PA when he came on loan from Wimbledon, what an athlete and so quick but as they say tempus fugit.
 

Patrick Agyemang

Both I fear. I remember PA when he came on loan from Wimbledon, what an athlete and so quick but as they say tempus fugit.

I think I'm right in that Agyemang first match was when we lost at home to Gillingham which finished our record unbeaten run of what was it 26 matches?? :(
 

Patrick Agyemang

I think I'm right in that Agyemang first match was when we lost at home to Gillingham which finished our record unbeaten run of what was it 26 matches?? :(

Spot on . Ifi remember correctly Woodman threw one in early on.
 

Patrick Agyemang

I think I'm right in that Agyemang first match was when we lost at home to Gillingham which finished our record unbeaten run of what was it 26 matches?? :(

You sad statto but remember it well. In fairness he looked a really good player albeit a bit headless chicken at times. Think he should have done a bit more career wise but he ate well over the years.
 

Patrick Agyemang

Both I fear. I remember PA when he came on loan from Wimbledon, what an athlete and so quick but as they say tempus fugit.

One of the better episodes of the X files, and if PA had known where the goal was he'd have been a better loanee.

Alot of good memories of him but utimately he never scored for us and was a striker.........
 

Patrick Agyemang

Now at Dagenham

...His nane is a bit un-PC isn't it....:moo:
 

Patrick Agyemang

Patrick Agyemang

I cant remember for the life of me him pulling on a bees top??

We got him as an unknown on loan from Wimbledon, good quick attacker but a bit goal shy as I recall. When I saw him for Stevenage for the first time in years he looked like he was on the same training regime as Akinfenwa.
 

Patrick Agyemang

Willowy and sharp with lightening pace - then. Now......???
 

Patrick Agyemang

We got him as an unknown on loan from Wimbledon, good quick attacker but a bit goal shy as I recall. When I saw him for Stevenage for the first time in years he looked like he was on the same training regime as Akinfenwa.

Bingo............. Cheers.
 

Patrick Agyemang

If he doesn't join another league club, it will leave Paul Smith at Southend as the ex-Brentford player who made his debut the longest time ago.
 

Patrick Agyemang

? Don't understand, still registered playing at a league club?

Agyemang made his Brentford debut in October 1999. No other ex-Brentford player is still playing league football who appeared for us before that date.

The next 'oldest' is Paul Smith, who made his Brentford debut the following season.
 

Patrick Agyemang

Agyemang made his Brentford debut in October 1999. No other ex-Brentford player is still playing league football who appeared for us before that date.

The next 'oldest' is Paul Smith, who made his Brentford debut the following season.

I remember Agyemang making his debut more early 00's ?
 

Patrick Agyemang

Patrick Agyemang

Memory probably playing tricks, but I thought the first we saw of him was at Dean Court v. Bournemouth?

I distinctly remember a miserable visit there around November 99, and thinking who the hell is that...
 

Patrick Agyemang

Not so sure re Paul Smith as it is Ted Smith who is the young keeper on their bench not Paul.
 

Patrick Agyemang

Patrick Agyemang

Patrick Agyemang

Agyemang made his Brentford debut in October 1999. No other ex-Brentford player is still playing league football who appeared for us before that date.

The next 'oldest' is Paul Smith, who made his Brentford debut the following season.

Cheers
 

Patrick Agyemang

I'm aware of that - but Paul Smith is still with them!!

Next in the list after Smith is Jay Tabb.

I think you're forgetting Kevin O'Connor who first appeared for the Bees in a League game in February 2000, although to be fair, the chances of him making another league appearance are slim to zero unless our final position is settled before the Wigan game and he gets a run out then. Even then I suspect that it would only be if we had already missed out on a play-off spot or if we wanted to rest someone for the play-offs to give them time to recover from injury and we were already guaranteed 3rd/4th or 5th/6th and had no particular preference over which team we'd meet in the PO SFs (if we're concerned about meeting any of them we're not likely to win them).
 

Patrick Agyemang

I think you're forgetting Kevin O'Connor who first appeared for the Bees in a League game in February 2000, although to be fair, the chances of him making another league appearance are slim to zero unless our final position is settled before the Wigan game and he gets a run out then. Even then I suspect that it would only be if we had already missed out on a play-off spot or if we wanted to rest someone for the play-offs to give them time to recover from injury and we were already guaranteed 3rd/4th or 5th/6th and had no particular preference over which team we'd meet in the PO SFs (if we're concerned about meeting any of them we're not likely to win them).

Having said all that he won't play for us again.
 

Patrick Agyemang

I think you're forgetting Kevin O'Connor who first appeared for the Bees in a League game in February 2000

Gillingham away was it,finished 0-0?

We had all heard about this young striker we had in the youth team with the nickname "Shearer" and were buzzing about him getting his debut :rolleyes: #naive
 

Patrick Agyemang

Gillingham away was it,finished 0-0?

We had all heard about this young striker we had in the youth team with the nickname "Shearer" and were buzzing about him getting his debut :rolleyes: #naive

Stick him up front in the run in?!

I always thought the nickname was based on Duncan rather than Alan.
 

Patrick Agyemang

Stick him up front in the run in?!

I always thought the nickname was based on Duncan rather than Alan.

Or that he used to be a sheep farmer?
 

Patrick Agyemang

Forgot Harrold .
Antoine -Curier and Sidwell now only plays pub standard football.

Do Sonko and Chorley still play ?
 
Back
Top Bottom