Stanley said:BB's absolutely right. Advertising and appointing a new manager and getting them in post could take several weeks, it will be too late to have any impact by then and I doubt we could affford most people mentioned.
If Wally does go then the Board have to have a replacement lined up beforehand otherwise the reality is its' Thompson and Stannard for the rest of the season.
uook said:my choice would be nicky law ,steve kember, steve claridge, although claridge is more than likely earning more at weymouth.
Edmundo said:Geoff Taylor until a permanent appointment can be made. Possible options:- Perryman, Cotterill, Cockerill or many more that aren't working right now. Advertise the job and interview them properly (I'll help if the current board don't have proper experience in interviewing job candidates).
Russell said:Steve Cotterill did a good job at Cheltenham and then went to Sunderland to be ****ed up by Howard Wilkinson. So far as I know he ain't worked for a year so what about him?
Pauly Paul said:
What's John Collins upto these days? I reckon he'd be a good coach.
Pauly Paul said:What's John Collins upto these days? I reckon he'd be a good coach.
West Wilts Bee said:Mr Patel, who owns the newsagents shop behind the Brook Rd can do a better job than Downes. But I say go for Steve Perryman.
Steve986 said:Steve Claridge
AB said:he didn't have any trouble attracting decent players
BenMoses said:Bob Booker
Then again, what's John Docherty up to these days? He might fancy a sixth spell at the club

christom said:In view of time scales, unless something is already sorted ( yea i bet!!!) there is little time to advertise interview and appoint which is why i was suggesting a move from within till the end of the season of Geoff Taylor and John Griffin.
The amount of experience that they have plus the ability to spot and nurture talent would in my opinion make a good short term stopgap.
AB said:Why should this take a lot of time? It isn't as if BFC has a big hierarchy of management, thousands of staff and complex HR and recruitment policies. The LMA carries lists of currently unemployed managers along with CVs. I could find the link to their site to assist the Board so they could spend the afternoon researching and then phone up a dozen likely candidates- perhaps get someone in for next week?! Won't bother as they don't read this site.
Kettering Bee said:
California Bee said:Peter Beardsley, Mike Channon, Norman Hunter, Paul Mariner...guys of that vintage. Have any of them gone into management?