Rewatching the Play-off Final

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Part superstition and part forgetfulness I didn’t record the whole SkyTV coverage from the day.

Does anyone know if they will repeat more than the 1hour highlight show at any point?
You should be able to get it all on catch up, through your box or Sky Go. Just search for "Live EFL"
I'm not sure how long it stays there though. If it's a 7 day cut-off, download before it's too late...
1622886314278.png
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

We are fairly spoilt by our club media output these days but I’m still hoping there’ll be a highlights of the season type thing on YouTube, akin to the DVDs of yore
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

You should be able to get it all on catch up, through your box or Sky Go. Just search for "Live EFL"
I'm not sure how long it stays there though. If it's a 7 day cut-off, download before it's too late...
View attachment 25681

Downloading now. Didn't know you could do that, thanks very much!
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Highlights were on again last night , Obviously watched it again , probably 10 times at least now .

Still get nervous when Toney takes the penalty ???
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Highlights were on again last night , Obviously watched it again , probably 10 times at least now .

Still get nervous when Toney takes the penalty ???
??
Me at Wembley when IT took it!!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20210529-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20210529-WA0012.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 113

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Do you normally have access to a streaming or catch up service for any Sky channels?
Looks like you need an extra called "Sky on Demand" Value For Money | TV Extras | Virgin Media
From my Sky box it tells me to upgrade my account to be able to watch a re-run of the play-off final, but by using Sky Go on my mobile I was able to opt to download it to my Sky box without any upgrade.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Finally just finished the whole sky coverage, even though i was there the emotions keep pouring out even today.
One thing that stood out, Ethan Pinnock, he was just ridiculously good in that last 10 minutes !

Slightly off topic (Sorry). It will bee interesting to see if Pinnock continues to improve. I have already had a few premiership supporters to say that we get found out at the back. But with Rico and Pinnock playing in the Premier will help make them even better.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Slightly off topic (Sorry). It will bee interesting to see if Pinnock continues to improve. I have already had a few premiership supporters to say that we get found out at the back. But with Rico and Pinnock playing in the Premier will help make them even better.

Defintiely the wrong thread, but are you saying a few premier league fans said we got found out at the back? I would just tell them to foxtrot oscar, how does 4 goals conceded in the last 11 games equal you have been found out. If they are saying we will get found out I would say how the fekk could they ever know and we don't even know who will play in defence for us next season.

I would just ignore the premier league know it alls who actually know nothing.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Fantastic. I watched it right from the moment the pen was won. I have never been so confident in a Bees player scoring from 12 yards.
Fair play to you!!!! Braver man than me! ?
I started walking up the steps in N504 as soon as it was awarded. Got as far away as possible!!! Looked to the right, to watch the reaction from our end, and then went f***ing mental!!!!
(Did the same in Semi Final v Bmouth!!!)
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

The other half said to me today "FFS are you watching that again" :sueme::ROFLMAO:

Ha. I am keep on watching the game as I believe if I watch it so many times then that Toney effort goes in like that effort from Richard Cadette against Liverpool back in the day at Anfield.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Was watching the highlights again this morning at 7am before I went to work .. will never get tired of watching Emiliano’s goal .. I think it’s got to be up there with my all time favourite goals along with Jota v Fulham ?
The goal will stick in my mind for the rest of my days. Like all of us I suspect I felt it so deep and a thing of beauty summing up a life. Never to be forgotten.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

The goal will stick in my mind for the rest of my days. Like all of us I suspect I felt it so deep and a thing of beauty summing up a life. Never to be forgotten.
Spot on Mori. So much more than just a goal..
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

I could watch the Emiliano goal on repeat all day.
What I find interesting is that Bryan starts off marking their player on the edge of the box then as soon as the throw is taken starts running upfield and Janelt comes across to cover. I’d love to know if this is something worked on in training or whether he just decided to do it himself.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Time to watch this again...

Also my sister and her husband who is a Swansea ST holder came today to stay for a few days...neither of us mentioned it for about half an hour until he congratulated me. He later referred to it as the 'elephant in the room' but convo was easier once we'd got it out of the way!
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

well I had to do it...a bit like not being able to watch Trottagate until we had won promotion 12 months later I guess - but I have been avoiding watching the lowlights of that terrible match in August for nearly a year - not even read a match report on the GPG - but gave it a go tonight. Not much of a game but I guess with everything crossed I have to confirm they did a job on us that night. Still an empty Wembley is all that lot deserve. As therapy I re-watched the burridge iplayer of last week - now that is how to play. Just a little tip - turn the away commentary on after we receive the trophy - a full comment free Hey Jude that sends shivers down your back awaits.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Time to watch this again...

Also my sister and her husband who is a Swansea ST holder came today to stay for a few days...neither of us mentioned it for about half an hour until he congratulated me. He later referred to it as the 'elephant in the room' but convo was easier once we'd got it out of the way!

I would of mentioned it as soon as he walked through the door with "You Reddddddddddddssssssssssssssssss"
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Ha! Despite how a lot of Swansea fans are, he's a really good guy. It would be quite harsh ?
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

What I find interesting is that Bryan starts off marking their player on the edge of the box then as soon as the throw is taken starts running upfield and Janelt comes across to cover. I’d love to know if this is something worked on in training or whether he just decided to do it himself.
It's probably a bit of both. It's almost certainly worked on but takes some discipline to do the opposite of what is natural.

For instance Romaine used to exit the box to the opposite side to which corners were being taken. When Bentley would catch the ball he was then free and unmarked to setup counter attacks. A definite plan but few could be so focused to avoid being attracted to the ball
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

I keep on thinking back to the day and I spent the whole of the second half praying the ball stayed in their half and expecting them to get a pen or a Bee sent off. I only relaxed when we were in the second minute of extra time as their players looked like they had stopped trying.

Just a fantastic feeling with a minute to go knowing we were Premier League
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Highlights currently being reshown on Sky.

Edited to add: You've now missed both goals and Toney's strike against the crossbar.
 
Last edited:

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Rewatched the whole event on iFollow yesterday... a sort-of Saturday rewind. Lots of good moments and I actually felt more nervous than I did at Wembley... and I knew the result! Ben Burgess and Marcus Gayle provided some good insight. The 30 minutes (or whatever it was) after the final whistle was magnificent, too, great that they kept it going.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Rewatched the whole event on iFollow yesterday... a sort-of Saturday rewind. Lots of good moments and I actually felt more nervous than I did at Wembley... and I knew the result! Ben Burgess and Marcus Gayle provided some good insight. The 30 minutes (or whatever it was) after the final whistle was magnificent, too, great that they kept it going.
??
If you watch with the "Away" audio, there's no commentary, so you can pick up some of what the players/coaches/officials are saying!! ?
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

When watching it back one of things that struck me was how similar Swansea’s performance was to ours of play-off finals past.

I was a wreck during the second half at Wembley but in truth we were in complete control.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Slightly off topic (Sorry). It will bee interesting to see if Pinnock continues to improve. I have already had a few premiership supporters to say that we get found out at the back. But with Rico and Pinnock playing in the Premier will help make them even better.
I’m not sure we really did get “found out” at the back that much. We had the odd brainfart of having everyone caught upfield overcommitted in attack- easily coached out and part of an aggressive tactic we’re likely to temper in the PL. Also several free kicks in dangerous areas where Raya left exposed and flapped or manhandled- we got much better at not conceding those free kicks and VAR will probably help us in dissuading opponents from launching at Raya elbow first.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Just finished watching the Bournemouth game . Brilliant to watch when there’s nothing on the game . Boy was is great,great performances out there by all players. . Bryan Mbeumo was unbelievable in the game, Yes he caught Mepham out but not only that his pace and space he was finding in the second half was amazing Bournemouth could not stop him.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

I never watched the play off highlights and Thomas post match interview from the Fulham game. Could not face it. Just have and feel perfectly fine about it.!
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Rewatched the whole event on iFollow yesterday... a sort-of Saturday rewind. Lots of good moments and I actually felt more nervous than I did at Wembley... and I knew the result! Ben Burgess and Marcus Gayle provided some good insight. The 30 minutes (or whatever it was) after the final whistle was magnificent, too, great that they kept it going.
Did exactly the same, started it at 3pm to relive last Saturday afternoon :cool:. That last 30 minutes really shows our togetherness as a team.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

It's probably a bit of both. It's almost certainly worked on but takes some discipline to do the opposite of what is natural.

For instance Romaine used to exit the box to the opposite side to which corners were being taken. When Bentley would catch the ball he was then free and unmarked to setup counter attacks. A definite plan but few could be so focused to avoid being attracted to the ball
That's a big assumption. Bentley was going to catch it
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

??
If you watch with the "Away" audio, there's no commentary, so you can pick up some of what the players/coaches/officials are saying!! ?
A reason to watch it all again :bounce:
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Watched both Bournemouth second leg tie ( great game , Bryan at times was unplayable with his pace) and the first half of the Swansea game yesterday afternoon, will watch the second half today. How lucky was Swansea’s Grimes not to be sent off early in the first half for the jumped two footed tackle on Sergi Canos he caught both of Sergi’s legs. Yes he got a Yellow card but to me it should have been Red
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Didn't watch it yesterday. :eek:
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

Waiting for the sky engineer to turn up today between 8 and 5 to (pointlessly) upgrade me to Sky Q. Got up early to watch PO final again and hopefully squeeze in a few other bits before they are deleted forever. Romaine goal v Rangers to be re watched 28 times. Good way to spend hottest day of the year.
 

Rewatching the Play-off Final

The view of the Brentford end being filmed with the Goal out of shot is class. Prefer to see us going bonkers as it hits the net.

is there a link of this ?
 
Back
Top Bottom