Roberto Mancini

SmiffyBee

A Beautiful Lie
Joined
23 Mar 2005
Messages
45,750
Reaction score
9,607

Roberto Mancini

Starting to annoy me now.

It was nice at first, to see Man City sticking their nose in the faces of the Big 4, as it was.
Then you think, hang on, they have spent more than the rest combined - relying on overseas aid to win an English league is hardly ethical

A few weeks ago he showed a lack of RESPECT, but the FA did nothing.
Against Liverpool he angrily demanded that Skirtel be sent off after conceeding the penalty, for 3-0
The 4th official let him rant and did nothing.
Not exactly showing RESPECT for the game

Then last night, he's at it again
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

"Send him off ref !" - Which, when I last looked at the laws of the game was a cautionable offence to ask an official to caution or dismiss another player.

The FA should act now and clip him back a bit.
he is not bigger than the match officials and should show RESPECT as an example to the fans

Bad Mancini :banghead: :nono:
 

Roberto Mancini

remove the 4th official from the touchline so he can't do it comes to mind, wigan player cheated anyway...
 

Roberto Mancini

All this play acting that goes on the premiership is beyond a joke.

We supposedly have the best league i the world, If I want to want to watch bad acting, I'll watch Eastenders not Match of the Day
 

Roberto Mancini

Personally with his card acting antics I think he shows a ditinct lack of class. I also believe the 4th. official position could be better served by sitting away from the technical areas and offering much needed assistance to the hard pressed match officials who are regularly being conned by the cheats.
 

Roberto Mancini

Agree,he should be told to cut it out.
 

Roberto Mancini

He's far from unique in this... it is time the referees dished out cards for asking for cards.
 

Roberto Mancini

He's far from unique in this... it is time the referees dished out cards for asking for cards.

Too bloody right. It's a horrible facet of the game which is becoming increasingly common. Ref's should indeed clamp down on it.
 

Roberto Mancini

I dunno, I think it's just an Italian thing. At least he's not a whiney moaner like Wenger, Dalglish, Fergie etc. Quite like the bloke and whilst I'd like him to cut this out it's not the biggest thing really. Thought it was a red card yestrday myself, the striker would have been clean through
 

Roberto Mancini

I dunno, I think it's just an Italian thing. At least he's not a whiney moaner like Wenger, Dalglish, Fergie etc. Quite like the bloke and whilst I'd like him to cut this out it's not the biggest thing really. Thought it was a red card yestrday myself, the striker would have been clean through

Agreed. At the moment his club seem to be on the wrong end of those crucial decisions. I think most managers would be reacting the same.
 

Roberto Mancini

Agreed. At the moment his club seem to be on the wrong end of those crucial decisions. I think most managers would be reacting the same.

Redknapp thought Cahill shouldn't have been sent off when he did the samething when Attwell sent him off...:sorted:
 

Roberto Mancini

Roberto Mancini

remove the 4th official from the touchline so he can't do it comes to mind, wigan player cheated anyway...

:scratch: who is going to keep the managers in their technical area, do the subs, signal added time etc?
 

Roberto Mancini

:scratch: who is going to keep the managers in their technical area, do the subs, signal added time etc?

lino, lino and lino... as it was before.. it's not new...
 

Roberto Mancini

Its better the way it is.

the 4th official does nothing.. when the video replays come in there be to busy do that.. it wasn't broke when they changed it, by removing an official from the area it will stop managers having a right old moan... it wont change a decision by the moaning..
 

Roberto Mancini

the 4th official does nothing.. when the video replays come in there be to busy do that.. it wasn't broke when they changed it, by removing an official from the area it will stop managers having a right old moan... it wont change a decision by the moaning..

Will it? Or will they just leave the technical area walk up to the touch line and scream at the ref or lino? Making the Lino do subs and added time slows the game down. Ive seen enough games this season where the last thing we need is another stoppage in play.
 

Roberto Mancini

And bring back the old plastic boards with the substitute numbers on too rather than the electronic boards. Easier to read, cheaper to run & better for the environment.
 

Roberto Mancini

And bring back the old plastic boards with the substitute numbers on too rather than the electronic boards. Easier to read, cheaper to run & better for the environment.

Wooden boards are even better for the environment as the plastic takes years to degrade, if you ignore the number of trees that would be felled....
 

Roberto Mancini

Ok, consider them ignored.
 

Roberto Mancini

Is in line to get the tin tack. His reign shouldn't be viewed with so much negativity though, he did deliver a league title, an FA Cup and a Charity Shield after about 35-odd years of nothing for City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22501572

Chelsea and Blackburn only won the title because of money, same as City.. I wouldn't replace him with Pellegrini he was sh*te at Madrid..
 

Roberto Mancini

Have they learned nothing from their neighbours about the value of consistency?
 

Roberto Mancini

Chelsea and Blackburn only won the title because of money, same as City.. I wouldn't replace him with Pellegrini he was sh*te at Madrid..

He's been good at just about every other club he's managed and he was also good at Madrid but was undermined from within the club as they wanted to get Mourinho in. Moreover, his teams play much more enterprising football than do Mancini's.
I think it could be a cracking title race next season with Pellegrino at Citeh, Moyes at United and Mourinho at Chelsea. Wenger is still finished, though.
 

Roberto Mancini

Chelsea and Blackburn only won the title because of money, same as City.. I wouldn't replace him with Pellegrini he was sh*te at Madrid..

..and Manchester United rarely spend any money !

I don't think it's true to say they only won the title because of money
On the other hand, it's totally true, as everyone of any importance at Manchester City last season was paid a fortune
So in summary - I wish to contradict myself and say - you need billionaire backing to compete for the title, and also some decent players and management
 

Roberto Mancini

Feel sorry for him but also understand the decision. Brought City their first League title in years but stood still this season and made some awful signings as the team went backwards.

Not sure Pellegrino is the answer either, flopped with Real Madrid despite spending over £100 million.

Fergie to City :)
 

Roberto Mancini

This time last year, he was celebrating the title. Now he's in the dole queue.
 

Roberto Mancini

Its sad for City that they havent learn anything from their neighbours. Yes they had a distinctively average season by their high standards, although finishing runners-up in the league and cup would be an achievement by most others. Its a shame for City fans they are back to square one again. Could they have just not learnt from this season and be stronger for the next instead.
 

Roberto Mancini

Its sad for City that they havent learn anything from their neighbours. Yes they had a distinctively average season by their high standards, although finishing runners-up in the league and cup would be an achievement by most others. Its a shame for City fans they are back to square one again. Could they have just not learnt from this season and be stronger for the next instead.

:imwith:
 

Roberto Mancini

Not sure Pellegrino is the answer either, flopped with Real Madrid despite spending over £100 million.

Two points: Pellegrino didn't flop at Madrid. They finished runners-up on something like 88 points to one of the greatest club sides football has seen in the past ten or twenty years. Second, Pellegrino didn't spend the money. Decisions about buying were almost certainly out of his hands.
This is the club who replaced Vicente del Bosque after he won them the Champions League. The problem lies mostly upstairs at Real Madrid.
Pellegrino is a very good manager. Would have made a good Liverpool boss.
 

Roberto Mancini

Two points: Pellegrino didn't flop at Madrid. They finished runners-up on something like 88 points to one of the greatest club sides football has seen in the past ten or twenty years. Second, Pellegrino didn't spend the money. Decisions about buying were almost certainly out of his hands.
This is the club who replaced Vicente del Bosque after he won them the Champions League. The problem lies mostly upstairs at Real Madrid.
Pellegrino is a very good manager. Would have made a good Liverpool boss.

Sounds a bit like the Chelski Managerial model.
 

Roberto Mancini

Mancini commited managerial suicide last Saturday, so his sacking is no surprise and is deserved IMO. His subs against Wigan were bordering on clueless, Tevez - Rodwell for example and also keeping their most efficient striker (Dzeko) on the bench until 91st minute. All this proves that he was very very lucky to win title last season. Not a great loss to Premiership.
 

Roberto Mancini

It is interesting that much is now made of the term 'holistic approach'!

Clearly the lack of which has given the Man City board an extra reason to fire their boss.

I do not recall that term being used for previous sackings.

What do you guys think ?

Holistic responses only, please!
 

Roberto Mancini

It goes with the territory, he wont be too upset, probably expected it. Will also be remembered fondly by the city supporters for winning the prem.
 

Roberto Mancini

Two points: Pellegrino didn't flop at Madrid. They finished runners-up on something like 88 points to one of the greatest club sides football has seen in the past ten or twenty years. Second, Pellegrino didn't spend the money. Decisions about buying were almost certainly out of his hands.
This is the club who replaced Vicente del Bosque after he won them the Champions League. The problem lies mostly upstairs at Real Madrid.
Pellegrino is a very good manager. Would have made a good Liverpool boss.

He got 96 points, and had it not been for Barca (arguably the best team ever) getting 99 points it would have been a La Liga record. He couldn't of done much more, so much so Real want him back now!
 

Roberto Mancini

Mancini commited managerial suicide last Saturday, so his sacking is no surprise and is deserved IMO. His subs against Wigan were bordering on clueless, Tevez - Rodwell for example and also keeping their most efficient striker (Dzeko) on the bench until 91st minute. All this proves that he was very very lucky to win title last season. Not a great loss to Premiership.

Would you sack Rosler if we lose on Sunday ?
This season we have seen the league winning, FA Cup winning, League Cup winning and Champions League winning managers sacked.
How does that help football in this country ? - Especially if they are replaced by foreign coaches, here in the Premiership, only for the financial rewards.
I think I am turning into one of those AMF luddites !
 

Roberto Mancini

When will clubs learn that long-term stability is the only way forward?

Finishing second and runners-up in the cup final was hardly a disaster...
 

Roberto Mancini

I think there is a bit of a Andy Scott scenario here, he appears to not get on with his players or others at the club.

He will be in anew club in Italy by the start of the season, his stock is very high there.
 

Roberto Mancini

When will clubs learn that long-term stability is the only way forward?

Finishing second and runners-up in the cup final was hardly a disaster...

On more than one occasion, including the cup final, you got the impression that the players wouldn't put themselves out for him.
 

Roberto Mancini

Would you sack Rosler if we lose on Sunday ?
This season we have seen the league winning, FA Cup winning, League Cup winning and Champions League winning managers sacked.
How does that help football in this country ? - Especially if they are replaced by foreign coaches, here in the Premiership, only for the financial rewards.
I think I am turning into one of those AMF luddites !

No I wouldn't sack Rosler, but IMO you cannot compare those two.

Mancini is manager of ultra mega rich club that demands success and I'm afraid he's proven not to be up to the job. No trophies, shambolic CL efforts and major cock up in FA Cup final against team that is going to be relegated an costs 10x less.

I'm not saying I like what's happening in premiership ( I don't), but I'm afraid that's reality of current set up.
 

Roberto Mancini

Boring old premier league, richest teams win it and even get all the fans these days. It's like motor racing. #footballdiedin1992

:love:
 

Roberto Mancini

In fairness I don't think that the news of impending change 24 hours before the Cup Final, was ideal in City's build up to the day. Having said that I think he has the annoying AS trait of publicly critising players, whjich probably does not endear him to the playing staff.
 

Roberto Mancini

With Mncini I think he needed the cup to keep his job. Has done well and his first cup win was ahead if schedule however the owners expect him to be around the top in the league and do well in cups

Big issue is champions league were they have not done well in last 2 seasons and his record before City is equally poor, would presume that these failings are the concern for the owners and have taken remedial action

Interestingly he had targets to achieve most if which have been met but getting through the group stage was one of the targets and having failed in that the writing was probably on the wall

I like this target related management, which Rosler also has got, and perhaps in future it will mean that failure to achieve will mean that managers can be treated as normal people and have to go through an under performing process. Might make some sit up and take note, Karl Robinson anyone??
 

Roberto Mancini

No I wouldn't sack Rosler, but IMO you cannot compare those two.

Mancini is manager of ultra mega rich club that demands success and I'm afraid he's proven not to be up to the job. No trophies, shambolic CL efforts and major cock up in FA Cup final against team that is going to be relegated an costs 10x less.

I'm not saying I like what's happening in premiership ( I don't), but I'm afraid that's reality of current set up.

No Trophies ?
Are you sure !
He achieved Manchester City's first two trophies since 1976.
 

Roberto Mancini

Roberto Mancini

He put a full back page spread in the Manchester Evening News saying goodbye, very classy from him.

BKh8cCnCIAMgAj7.jpg:large
 
Back
Top Bottom