Sam Tillen

Sam Tillen

:eek: Not THE Sam Tillen!! :bound: :bound:

We are going ooop as fooking champions :hat: :beer: :bound:

I may not send my ST back afterall :sorted:
 

Sam Tillen

nocoat said:
:eek: Not THE Sam Tillen!! :bound: :bound:

We are going ooop as fooking champions :hat: :beer: :bound:

I may not send my ST back afterall :sorted:


... whereas last year, everone was raving about those two high profile signings, Michael Turner and Sam Sodje.
 

Sam Tillen

sam_tillen.jpg


From the Chelsea site: Born : 16/4/85

Like his younger brother Joe, Sam is another left-footer but is most frequently found playing deeper at reserve team left-back. An England Under 19 international who turned pro in July 2002, his first couple of full-time seasons at Chelsea were decimated by injury but '04/'05 has seen him enjoying a good run of fitness.
 

Sam Tillen

Les Beeavinu said:
... whereas last year, everone was raving about those two high profile signings, Michael Turner and Sam Sodje.

As I recall there was plently of R & B = goals talk last pre season. :nono:
 

Sam Tillen

joe_brentford said:
What do we need a left back for?? :confused:

I'm guessing he'll be a back up left sided player (left back/left midfield).
 

Sam Tillen

So that Framps when needed can cover for Talbot and keep Hutch out. :sorted:
 

Sam Tillen

Frampton can also cover CB. :idea:

We definitley needed anothe left sided player, with Salako, Hunt & Myers all gone. :sorted:
 

Sam Tillen

Ace Face said:
So that Framps when needed can cover for Talbot and keep Hutch out. :sorted:

More of a job for Dobbo imho. :sorted: :wave:
 

Sam Tillen

Mince Pie said:
Because we seem to have a headless chicken in that position at the moment.

a bit harsh!

although frampton did fade a bit after his excellent start to the season
 

Sam Tillen

sam tillen........................hope he turns out to be as good as our other sam............
two x sam , playing for brentford,?..... never been known
 

Sam Tillen

sounds reasonably decent to be honest - especially from the reviews on the Chelsea reserve website!

Hopefully he is young and hungry to progress...
 

Sam Tillen

I know nothing whatsoever about the player, but I think the strategy is the right one: finding the players erroneously cast aside by premiership clubs who are struggling to make the break through and then helping them develop. Better than having a Myers/Lawrence plugging a gap for a season, anyway...
 

Sam Tillen

good player seen him play 4 times on less money than myers and i think dobbo had bad season.
 

Sam Tillen

Isn't he just a more experienced version of Darius Charles?Not complaining,but that's what it appears to be
 

Sam Tillen

Mulitinovic said:
I know nothing whatsoever about the player, but I think the strategy is the right one: finding the players erroneously cast aside by premiership clubs who are struggling to make the break through and then helping them develop. Better than having a Myers/Lawrence plugging a gap for a season, anyway...

Couldn't agree more- remember how class Sidwell was back in the day? It is a risky strategy though since youngsters can be exposed and tend to be more prone to collapsing when things aren't going brilliantly. I think we already have problems in that category!
 

Sam Tillen

Ace Face said:
So that Framps when needed can cover for Talbot and keep Hutch out. :sorted:

Yikes!! I think I'd even prefer Hutch to Framps in midfield! He's useless there!!!
 

Sam Tillen

Bush Tuckerman said:
sounds reasonably decent to be honest - especially from the reviews on the Chelsea reserve website!

yup-put 'sam tillen' into a search engine and it comes up with lots of reviews of chelsea reserve games from other teams websites.most of them describe him as playing well.

does seem a bit harsh on darius charles tho-mayb he needs one more year or were planning to loan him out to gain experience
 

Sam Tillen

I'm a regular at chelsea reserve games, cos i live in aldershot. everytime ive seen him play hes impressed me. hes quick, got a great left foot and likes to get forward.
 

Sam Tillen

ive played with sam at my cousins 18th birthday(he has since been rleased by the blues) and sam was very impressive even though he had been drinking!
 

Sam Tillen

Jak Linsell said:
ive played with sam at my cousins 18th birthday(he has since been rleased by the blues) and sam was very impressive even though he had been drinking!

lol
 

Sam Tillen

Jak Linsell said:
ive played with sam at my cousins 18th birthday(he has since been rleased by the blues) and sam was very impressive even though he had been drinking!

Not quite sure what one can say about this. :eek:
 

Sam Tillen

whos your cousin? when did he get released?, maybe we should have had a look at him
 

Sam Tillen

BillyBee said:
whos your cousin? when did he get released?, maybe we should have had a look at him

um i not allowed to say, but he has turned down fulham already for he wouldnt start much. Problem is he was only second choice to sam tillen in the youth team.
 

Sam Tillen

BillyBee said:
I'm a regular at chelsea reserve games, cos i live in aldershot. everytime ive seen him play hes impressed me. hes quick, got a great left foot and likes to get forward.

That'll do me. :sorted:
It's the way forward, a bit of speed and youth ;) if I'm allowed to say that does me.
 

Sam Tillen

iva feelin either framps or sam will be playing down the left wing. Framps has had an amazing season at lb, but tillen is more talented. As framps likes going forward, he could do so from left back, while tillen could drop back. I can see this working
 

Sam Tillen

Jimbee said:
Sad to see him go (and I don't think he has just yet) but I'm sure Silly Chip and Debbie will agree it's been inevitable as Martin has had very little opportunity to use him since he arrived and he's probably one of the highest paid players at the club. How long can you continue to hold on to him hoping that he'll be fit and able to contribute for an extended period?

As for all this don't see eye-to-eye rubbish; if that was the case then a) he wouldn't have got a new contract last season and b) he wouldn't be invited back for pre-season training in July.

They may not be the best of mates but I'm fairly sure they've got a professional respect for each other.


wrong thread mate :wave:
 

Sam Tillen

BillyBee said:
I'm a regular at chelsea reserve games, cos i live in aldershot. everytime ive seen him play hes impressed me. hes quick, got a great left foot and likes to get forward.
That'll do me. :)
 

Sam Tillen

Jak Linsell said:
um i not allowed to say, but he has turned down fulham already for he wouldnt start much. Problem is he was only second choice to sam tillen in the youth team.

this tillen guy must be good if a prem club were interested in his understudy :sorted:
 

Sam Tillen

Can't be any worse than fatty Myers and a better option than Dobbo at rightback. Bring it on.
 

Sam Tillen

markbfc said:
Here's a pic of Sam from the game at Orient:

Clearly at some point he has been smacked quite hard in the face.

Not sure if that's good or bad. :)
 

Sam Tillen

Gee Bee said:
More of a job for Dobbo imho. :sorted: :wave:


dobbos a great bloke but a terrible player and should not be in the team in any position... great servent but just not very good at football
 

Sam Tillen

warwickroadbee said:
dobbos a great bloke but a terrible player and should not be in the team in any position... great servent but just not very good at football

Thats a bit harsh imo. I think he's a very good player but his pace lets him down terribly
 

Sam Tillen

warwickroadbee said:
dobbos a great bloke but a terrible player and should not be in the team in any position... great servent but just not very good at football

IYO but not IMO.
 

Sam Tillen

warwickroadbee said:
dobbos a great bloke but a terrible player and should not be in the team in any position... great servent but just not very good at football

I've read some rubbish on this board (and I've written some rubbish on this board ;) ) but that comment takes the biscuit.

Dobbo has always given 110%. His lack of pace which has been exacerbated by his injuries is the problem but to describe him in the way you have is quite insulting I think. He has not had a good season (due in the main to injuries) but as far as I am aware this is the first poor season he's had. Whether he will figure in MAs plans going forward no doubt depends on the likelihood of him regaining full fitness and whatever little pace he had before. Next season is probably make or break for him but he should get our full support. :wave:

.....................anyway just to help get this thread back on topic, Sam sounds just the sort of player we need. Lets hope so.
 
Last edited:

Sam Tillen

Hopefully a genuine left back who will quickly establish himself. There have got to be loads of good quality youngsters available from the 'big' clubs (like Turner last year) and hopefully he will be the first of several decent signings.
 

Sam Tillen

Several points from reviewing this thread :-

Having decided to rebuild this close season, left-sided cover was a must & on the evidence of last season's signings, youth is the way to go & MA/JG's instincts supported. (I see Gayle has now signed a contract & he should provide the experience to counter-balance, when required.)

Sam's situation would appear similar to Pratley/Turner, ie a couple of years pro experience, but only as a reserve, & realistic progression into the 1st team unlikely. Therefore the logical career move is to step down a division (or 2) & work your way back up again....

I may have my sepia-tinted specs on, but over the years I think players signed from Chelsea have generally done a good job for us (Messrs Houston, Nelmes, Harris, Droy, Keith Jones). Kitemarike proved the exception, but no doubt someone will come up with others....
 

Sam Tillen

JANORAK said:
Several points from reviewing this thread :-

Having decided to rebuild this close season, left-sided cover was a must & on the evidence of last season's signings, youth is the way to go & MA/JG's instincts supported. (I see Gayle has now signed a contract & he should provide the experience to counter-balance, when required.)

Sam's situation would appear similar to Pratley/Turner, ie a couple of years pro experience, but only as a reserve, & realistic progression into the 1st team unlikely. Therefore the logical career move is to step down a division (or 2) & work your way back up again....

I may have my sepia-tinted specs on, but over the years I think players signed from Chelsea have generally done a good job for us (Messrs Houston, Nelmes, Harris, Droy, Keith Jones). Kitemarike proved the exception, but no doubt someone will come up with others....

Sorry but I couldn't resist your challenge .....

Petar Borota

Lee Frost

Garry Johnson

Enuff said I hope !!!
 
Back
Top Bottom