Should Scott Go?

Should Scott Go.

  • Yes, Resign/Get Sacked Now. You've had your last game

    Votes: 158 35.7%
  • You've got the next 2 games

    Votes: 79 17.8%
  • You've got until Christmas/New Year

    Votes: 106 23.9%
  • No, he's the man to turn this around

    Votes: 100 22.6%

  • Total voters
    443
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should Scott Go?

At the end of the day if we were to sack Scott we would need a decent replacement but who is out there? I mean i thought MA was a brillant Manager when he was down here a few years ago but the style of play was not a lot different.
Pardew big no no and i just can't think of anyone out there.
 

Should Scott Go?

This thread is going to make a good case study in Emergent Norm theory... any sociology students out there?

:waitsforhumoursmiley:

I would say that this crowd is governed too much by randomness and primal 'ancestral savagery' (Le Bon) to make this theory applicable!
 

Should Scott Go?

I know that he wants to distance himself from anything like this, he'll be pissed off.

What's your thinking on why this appeared in the paper now? Sun journo taking a punt? Something out there on the grapevine? :confused:
 

Should Scott Go?

This is ridiculoius.

WE ARE BRENTFORD.

NOT LEEDS UNITED, SOUTHAMPTON, MAN U, REAL MADRID, or BRAZIL

We are a mid-ranking League 1 team. We can play ugly football if we want to, that is League 1. We are not under performing giants, we are Brentford in the 3rd tier.

How many times???

You all talk like we are Liverpool in this league, in fact we are no higher than Brentford's historical position over the last 60 years.

Yes we could do better like Blackpool or Scunny, but you can't expect the manager to be sacked if we don't hit that massive standard of over-achievement.

Yes we are not playing great but is that sackable offence? No!!!

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO
How many times

End of thread

I think some of us (me incuded) do get frustrated from time to time that we haven't had 'our time' like Blackpool, Scunny etc but I don't think that's the point most of us are making in this thread.

We have been through bad times in the past but unlike this year there has always been a good reason for the problems or there has been light at the end of the tunnel. For example:

-Start of 1989/90 season bottom of the league for months but we were playing decent football

-1997/98 Relegated but we had a poor side and no money

-2006/07:Ditto 97/98

This year, I just can't work it out. On paper we have a better side than last year but the football is awful. I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking opposition managers have cottoned to our 'tactics' and if so we are in for a long hard winter.

As I say, I hope I'm wrong but changing the manager would be the answer for me.
 

Should Scott Go?

Well if you did it could put a few things to bed or set something in motion.
Disregarding the current board of course.
Who do you want the club to be talking to NB ?
 

Should Scott Go?

I think some of us (me incuded) do get frustrated from time to time that we haven't had 'our time' like Blackpool, Scunny etc but I don't think that's the point most of us are making in this thread.

We have been through bad times in the past but unlike this year there has always been a good reason for the problems or there has been light at the end of the tunnel. For example:

-Start of 1989/90 season bottom of the league for months but we were playing decent football

-1997/98 Relegated but we had a poor side and no money

-2006/07:Ditto 97/98

This year, I just can't work it out. On paper we have a better side than last year but the football is awful. I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking opposition managers have cottoned to our 'tactics' and if so we are in for a long hard winter.

As I say, I hope I'm wrong but changing the manager would be the answer for me.

:imwith: been saying it for over a year.
 

Should Scott Go?

of the 5-6 that i go to football with, i'm the only one who looks at this board. when i have suggested to the others that they should read the gpg they looked at me a bit strangely, as though i had offered them smegma flavoured crisps. anyway one of them wants to give scott more time, the rest are sick of the sight of him.

rofl lol :sorted:
 

Should Scott Go?

Scott is a great young manager. He has the full confidence of the board and as far as I can tell the players and other managers. He has been very sucessful so far and I'm sure will be able to build on this success given time. It would be insane to let him go.
 

Should Scott Go?

Same here.

SCOTT OUT NOW.

Correction. Give yourself some credit. You have been saying it since he was appointed.
Magicbees is way behind you - oh wonderful soothsayer !
 

Should Scott Go?

Troll?

He's got to go. this systems pathetic. We'll lose heavily tomorrow if nothing changes from MK Dons
 

Should Scott Go?

So what do you reckon lose our next three games and he is gone whether he should be sacked now he wont so I reckon when we play Notts County and if its still the same that will be the last straw IMO with the boos of the crowd and probably the "out" chants.
 

Should Scott Go?

David Holdsworth

David Holdsworth, just sacked by Mansfield Town for doing far worse than Scottie???

Try Dean Holdworth of Newport County fame. Former Brentford idol and a young manager who currently has the happy knack of winning.
 

Should Scott Go?

David Holdsworth, just sacked by Mansfield Town for doing far worse than Scottie???

Try Dean Holdworth of Newport County fame. Former Brentford idol and a young manager who currently has the happy knack of winning.

Wasn't it David who played for us?:confused:

Are you telling me that cheering every Mansfield win and booing every Newport one has been a major feck up?:sad:
 

Should Scott Go?

David Holdsworth, just sacked by Mansfield Town for doing far worse than Scottie???

Try Dean Holdworth of Newport County fame. Former Brentford idol and a young manager who currently has the happy knack of winning.

I take it that you don't do irony?
 

Should Scott Go?

I am for giving Andy more time but agree the style of football needs to improve by the end of the season.

There were many on here saying that league results are all that mattered even when we were doing well in the League Cup, I agree with that, cup upsets happen and shouldn’t be the basis of a sacking so I tend to ignore cup results in this type of debate.

In the league since October 1st we have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 2. Thirteen points from 7 games. If Andy has been found out how can those stats be right. Surely the managers of Charlton and Peterborough would also have found Andy out? Not sure how we will do today but have confidence we will not get relegated under Andy Scott, not much of an ambition I agree but it should be the starting point of most seasons for most clubs.

Saying all of that, the MK Dons performances was unacceptable and we do play a terrible style of football which is affecting attendances etc and that has to stop. In our part of London the other teams do play much more attractive football and we can’t carry on in this 1980’s mode of playing for much longer without killing the club.

What is much longer? End of the season if the board have no confidence Andy can change his approach and adopt tippy tappy next season.

Changing a reasonably successful manager now with a team who do play for him most of the time would be dangerous. There is something to be said for long term decisions and stability and only leave that go if the situation is critical which I do not think we are yet.
 
Last edited:

Should Scott Go?

Martin Allen on TalkSport about Brentford rumours. He said he doesn't want to comment on another manager's job but he would consider anything that comes his way :sorted:
 

Should Scott Go?

Martin Allen on TalkSport about Brentford rumours. He said he doesn't want to comment on another manager's job but he would consider anything that comes his way :sorted:

I heard that,he sounded like he would jump at the chance.

I didnt get the football X Factor football business with DJ Campbell that he's starting though ?
 

Should Scott Go?

I heard that,he sounded like he would jump at the chance.

I didnt get the football X Factor football business with DJ Campbell that he's starting though ?

....................yep.................................its like Brentfords Got Talent............................
 

Should Scott Go?

If we lose today and fail to put in any sort of decent performance at Plymouth today I think that will be it for AS. I think he may even resign. He would need skin thicker than a Rhino not to.
 

Should Scott Go?

he is manager of the month - why should he.

:banghead:

who gave it? did they come to see any games? The Bees ground out the results, but was the football any good? Phil Holder got manager of the year, where did he go?
 

Should Scott Go?

Now let the circles continue....

:banghead:

Where are the Scott "lovers" now?

Oh here they come................................. :rolleyes:
 

Should Scott Go?

:banghead:

Where are the Scott "lovers" now?

Oh here they come................................. :rolleyes:

5 points from the play-offs now, come on be realistic... he isn't getting sacked or quitting any time soon.

Sounded like he changed things round, brought players in from the cold who did well and altered the tactics. We won :D

I am sure there were a few Brentford fans dissapointed with this result :nono:
 

Should Scott Go?

5 points from the play-offs now, come on be realistic... he isn't getting sacked or quitting any time soon.

:(

Sounded like he changed things round, brought players in from the cold who did well and altered the tactics. We won :D

why has it taken him till now to do it though?

I am sure there were a few Brentford fans dissapointed with this result :nono:

:mad1:

Never. The Bees are my club. I just want to see football not the sh*te AS has given us for the last few months. :sorted:
 

Should Scott Go?

:banghead:

Where are the Scott "lovers" now?

Oh here they come................................. :rolleyes:

:love2:


Don't worry i'll enjoy the wins just as much as the "Scott Out's" use draws & defeats .

As i said before we won't be relegated under Scott & i still think we'll make a challenge for play-offs
 

Should Scott Go?

Should Scott Go?

The Bees are my club. I just want to see football not the sh*te AS has given us for the last few months. :sorted:

Not saying you, but there are some on here that are so strident in their hate that they would wish misfortune upon us to see their own egos satisfied. Naming no names.

We won, it sounded like a relatively good performance away from home, changes were made. It is all positive for me, if AS can keep getting wins and keeping us in contention, fair play to him. He won manager of the month, we have put in some decent performances this season (sporadically I agree), and I dont think changing the manager when we are hardly in freefall is going to be good for team morale.

When Butcher was sacked we hadnt won in god knows how many matches. Even though I agree the football hasnt been altogether very good this season, we are looking stable enough, and there is not really bad enough anything to warrant a sacking yet.
 

Should Scott Go?

Probably the threat of yet more signings kicked the players up the arse a bit? !!
 

Should Scott Go?

I haven`t voted in this silly poll and haven`t voiced an opinion as I couldn`t be bothered, but have been to every home game and the majority of away games since Oct` last year....I`d love to see us playing attractive attacking football every week and winning games 3-0 etc but instead have endured some of the most boring inept performances that I`ve ever seen in some games.
However, not once have I ever booed a Brentford player or manager in the 30 odd years that I`ve been a supporter and I never will, to my mind that only seeks to help our opponents by undermining the confidence of The Team as a whole.
I then read some of the comments on the GPG and am astounded at some of the stuff written either slating off the manager, a certain player, or even other fans, and can`t help but wonder what these comments are designed for. Is it to help Brentford improve? because we all know that many players and possibly managers do read these forums.
We all pay hard earned money following our team and of course we all have the right to air our opinions, but anyone who is more concerned with getting their own way through non stop negativity concerning Brentford F.C, than enjoying the fact that we are mid table, 5 points from play offs and now that the manager has started to use subs a little sooner into the game could quite possibly soon be pushing for a play off position ...should in my view pack it in with all the negativity as it`s getting ridiculous now.
:wave:
 

Should Scott Go?

Great win. Keep it up Bees, well done Andy. Bean "haters" eat your words.
 

Should Scott Go?

Not saying you, but there are some on here that are so strident in their hate that they would wish misfortune upon us to see their own egos satisfied. Naming no names.

We won, it sounded like a relatively good performance away from home, changes were made. It is all positive for me, if AS can keep getting wins and keeping us in contention, fair play to him. He won manager of the month, we have put in some decent performances this season (sporadically I agree), and I dont think changing the manager when we are hardly in freefall is going to be good for team morale.

When Butcher was sacked we hadnt won in god knows how many matches. Even though I agree the football hasnt been altogether very good this season, we are looking stable enough, and there is not really bad enough anything to warrant a sacking yet.
The voice of reason - agree with that - I hope we can push on from here. People seem to forget it is the same management team that delivered the decent performances last season and the one before - no reason why they can't take the positives from today and build on it. Those of you crying out for a change in manager should stop for a minute and appreciate what a good result today's was. And yes I have seen plenty of games this season, and know what people are moaning about - perhaps the moans and groans about the style of play will be taken on board. Here's hoping for a good performance on Tuesday night, before a well earned 11 day rest.
 

Should Scott Go?

Should Scott Go?

Best time for him to go now,on top of a good win.come Andy,YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENCE
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom