Should Scott Go?

Should Scott Go.

  • Yes, Resign/Get Sacked Now. You've had your last game

    Votes: 158 35.7%
  • You've got the next 2 games

    Votes: 79 17.8%
  • You've got until Christmas/New Year

    Votes: 106 23.9%
  • No, he's the man to turn this around

    Votes: 100 22.6%

  • Total voters
    443
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should Scott Go?

so most of the 'not yet' brigade are happy to give him two more games.

Well they are two tough ones, Plymouth are in as much sh&t as us, and probably with home advantage start as slight favourites, and Colchester seem to have turned into what I want us to be, a team, no stand out players, strong at home and picking up points away, and that game will be equally as tough.

With us losing at Aldershot Scotty has opended up that 10 day window between Col.Utd and the book launch, and that could well be the time when the board strike.

Still, I am going to Plymouth and 3 points would be most welcome
 

Should Scott Go?

Your valuations of Woodman, Charlie and Weston are way out unless it was Man City looking to buy!

Myles has Premier League pace and any buyer should be made to add 100K on top of his realistic valuation for that alone.
 

Should Scott Go?

so most of the 'not yet' brigade are happy to give him two more games.

I want us to win both but am mindful that will mean that all the doubters are mad and that we have to go into another shocking period of poor displays to finally end this.
 

Should Scott Go?

you assume we DON'T get behind the team, and i find that offensive. how the hell do you know this? i go to every game i can and have been doing so since 1975. i have never booed any brentford team or player. i shout myself hoarse at games.
"perhaps supporters should be thinking of getting behind the team"????? s/he hardly ever turns out to support the bees and accused fellow fans of blinkered prejudice. and this talk of the baying of the pack- i salute my fellow bees for their patience, i have not heard a single "scott out" through all the utter bilge we have had to endure. do NOT confuse message board comments with support at games.
perhaps i should think of getting behind the team... yes what a novel idea, that never occurred to me, thanks for the suggestion :mad1:

Thats what l was saying to him about preaching to us fans,the fact he hardly ever goes is not a problem for me regarding his right to post on here.Its as you say there is no Scott out chants and although l have wanted Scott out for some time now l encourage the team as much as any fan.
 

Should Scott Go?

you assume we DON'T get behind the team, and i find that offensive. how the hell do you know this? i go to every game i can and have been doing so since 1975. i have never booed any brentford team or player. i shout myself hoarse at games.
"perhaps supporters should be thinking of getting behind the team"????? s/he hardly ever turns out to support the bees and accused fellow fans of blinkered prejudice. and this talk of the baying of the pack- i salute my fellow bees for their patience, i have not heard a single "scott out" through all the utter bilge we have had to endure. do NOT confuse message board comments with support at games.
perhaps i should think of getting behind the team... yes what a novel idea, that never occurred to me, thanks for the suggestion :mad1:

:imwith:
 

Should Scott Go?

In August with the signings made, the investment by Benham and the decent finishing position last season I think we all expected us to be "up there" at this stage.
However we are not.
We are not playing nice football. We are not playing any football.
Strikers are injured and midfielders not creating.

However we are not adrift in league one. Andy can pull this round. I will give him till the end of the year at least before calling for the axe.
Leave me off the band wagon til then.
:imwith:
 

Should Scott Go?

Ghost, Myles may have Premier "PACE", But he has Cherry Red Records 1st "TOUCH"

His last 3 games have been poor, very poor, poor and the network of scouts looking at him will have taken note.
 

Should Scott Go?

I want us to win both but am mindful that will mean that all the doubters are mad and that we have to go into another shocking period of poor displays to finally end this.

Personally I thought had we lost at Tranmere he would have been out but on reflection I do think they (the board) will give him as much time as possible.

Although AS did very well in the first 2 seasons, I now think that his inexperience is starting to show and he has taken the club as far as possible, unless he can come up with some new idea's. Maybe the club, think we can hang on to League One this season and really go for it next season with AS and prove us doubters wrong (including me)!.

I have felt for some time, there is a "wider issue" at stake, with how successful does this club really want to be (on and off the pitch) and in all honesty, I'm still not sure.
 

Should Scott Go?

Ghost, Myles may have Premier "PACE", But he has Cherry Red Records 1st "TOUCH"

His last 3 games have been poor, very poor, poor and the network of scouts looking at him will have taken note.

Granted. However, you can't coach natural pace.
 

Should Scott Go?

Granted. However, you can't coach natural pace.
Well in that case, maybe he's in the wrong sport.

Listen I rate myles and have no doubt that he''' play at a higher level but based on what we apid for him at tribunal and what he's achieved since, how can he be worth anywhere near £450K and if anyone offers it in Jan I'd bite their arm off!
 

Should Scott Go?

He has to go now!

I said as much before the run of wins and based my opinion on his style and his intransigence to take the blame for it and the results it produced. The football, as many suggested would happen, hasn't changed and won't change. For him to alter his style would not only mean admitting he was wrong (can’t see that) but would have to be done by a series of tweaks not a wholesale change. He hasn't got time for that now - we are in the do do (twice as close to relegation as play offs for those pointing out "7pts from play offs") and need a fresh start and an injection of enthusiasm and positivity, especially towards the players.
To those that rightly point out he got us out of do do after Butcher – I got the sense that was achieved because he seemed to have a plan where Butcher seemed clueless. We have all worked in organisations where the boss with a plan motivates more than the “seagull manager” who flaps around making a load of noise and shi*s on everyone. I am afraid AS has become the latter.
 

Should Scott Go?

We have all worked in organisations where the boss with a plan motivates more than the “seagull manager” who flaps around making a load of noise and shi*s on everyone. I am afraid AS has become the latter.

lol lol
 

Should Scott Go?

I think it's unlikely the board will do anything before Christmas and, even then, only if the situation is significantly worse than it is now.
 

Should Scott Go?

Scott out? Well since well before 1976(the first time i attended a Brentford game)Brentford have been in the lower two divisions all bar one season because thats where they deserve to be.
Dogin out,Peryman out.Allen(total ****)out in fact every **** out thats there level thats how it is so if Scott goes so what it won't change a thing.The only way Brentford will get out of league one is to drop down to league two which is what they do.
I went to Brentford to have a bit of a laugh with my palls but since i stopped going my garden hasn't looked so nice.
New stadium anyone?
 

Should Scott Go?

Has he ****ing gone yet? How many more pages of mostly angry posts are needed to convince the club that based on the GPG sample he has lost most of the crowd?
 

Should Scott Go?

Just logged on to see if AS is still the manager.


He is.


I'm Off.
 

Should Scott Go?

Has he ****ing gone yet? How many more pages of mostly angry posts are needed to convince the club that based on the GPG sample he has lost most of the crowd?

INCORRECT. according to the gpg poll the majority of the crowd do not want him sacked at the moment.

:love2:
 

Should Scott Go?

Just logged on to see if AS is still the manager.


He is.


I'm Off.

That's what I keep doing. Every day I hope to see the announcement greet me on the GPG like a nice early colourful Christmas card.

In other news, remember the days when AS could always pull of a loan signing to get us out of a pickle? Well for whatever reason, it would seem he is having a problem or two getting other clubs to loan him players now:-

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/spor...trated-in-the-transfer-market-64767-27673643/

I just wish that all concerned would hurry up and see the inevitable.
 

Should Scott Go?

INCORRECT. according to the gpg poll the majority of the crowd do not want him sacked at the moment.

:love2:

It depends on how you read the stats. I would argue that more than half actually would quite like to see him just **** off now, but feel that it is only fair to give him a few more games. I think it's only fair that we beat one of the following at Griffin Park: Walsall, Hartlepool, Rochdale, MK Dongs.

Either the team don't want to perform for AS against the barrel-scrapers of the division, or AS can't find a way of beating these sides. Either way, it reflects badly on AS and he should pay the price.

I notice that there are not many voters who want AS to stay no matter what.
 

Should Scott Go?

That's what I keep doing. Every day I hope to see the announcement greet me on the GPG like a nice early colourful Christmas card.

In other news, remember the days when AS could always pull of a loan signing to get us out of a pickle? Well for whatever reason, it would seem he is having a problem or two getting other clubs to loan him players now:-

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/spor...trated-in-the-transfer-market-64767-27673643/

I just wish that all concerned would hurry up and see the inevitable.

We are stuck with what we have he says ...including him
 

Should Scott Go?

That's what I keep doing. Every day I hope to see the announcement greet me on the GPG like a nice early colourful Christmas card.

In other news, remember the days when AS could always pull of a loan signing to get us out of a pickle? Well for whatever reason, it would seem he is having a problem or two getting other clubs to loan him players now:-

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/spor...trated-in-the-transfer-market-64767-27673643/

I just wish that all concerned would hurry up and see the inevitable.

This is probably beacuse they dont want there players to go to a team with AS at the helm and have there quality young players, playing sh*t football week in week out and if there in midfield they will barely see the ball apart from when its flying over there head!!!
 

Should Scott Go?

This is probably beacuse they dont want there players to go to a team with AS at the helm and have there quality young players, playing sh*t football week in week out and if there in midfield they will barely see the ball apart from when its flying over there head!!!

Does look like the word's out :grey:
 

Should Scott Go?

“This is a long term project and we have deliberately got a squad together that can develop and be successful over the next two or three years.

So Forster, Alexander, O'Connor, Bean etc... erm dont see these developing?

“The board have backed me all the way with that and they will continue to do so until we get it right.”

So has AS been told his job is safe?
 

Should Scott Go?

Could you describe the size of my penis for me to the bird at work I fancy ?


Careful he's an estate agent....

Compact and bijou with old world charm. South facing.
 

Should Scott Go?

This will all change when we lose at Plymouth and Colchester.:eek:

With Pim and Karleigh returning to the squad, the defence should be much stronger. By no means a forgone conclusion.
 

Should Scott Go?

“This is a long term project and we have deliberately got a squad together that can develop and be successful over the next two or three years.

So Forster, Alexander, O'Connor, Bean etc... erm dont see these developing?

“The board have backed me all the way with that and they will continue to do so until we get it right.”

So has AS been told his job is safe?

and what if he doesnt get it right!!!???

sorry AS talks out of his bottom hole
 

Should Scott Go?

Karleigh, Woodman will be worth at least 200k each. Myles on form probably in excess of 450k, charlie mac 250k.

Eh?! Osborne £80,000, maybe. Weston £150,000, maybe. The other two, nothing. This isn't Football Manager.
 

Should Scott Go?

Eh?! Osborne £80,000, maybe. Weston £150,000, maybe. The other two, nothing. This isn't Football Manager.
If Weston was consistant he would be worth a lot of money.
Sometimes he is breathtaking to watch but for the most part he is worse than ordinary.
But hey thats why he is here and not at the Arsenal.
Now Woodman he is good except when he is asked to defend.
He is very good on the ball and great going forward but if the winger goes at him he will go straight past him.
 

Should Scott Go?

and what if he doesnt get it right!!!???

sorry AS talks out of his bottom hole

I know...well if this is a 2 - 3 year plan then are we going to leave it that long...because I'd rather know if im in for sh*t football with no enthusiasm for the next god knows how long.
How long do you give it to get it right?

What would happen to this plan if we were in danger of being relegated?

Same old bullshit
 

Should Scott Go?

He is very good on the ball and great going forward but if the winger goes at him he will go straight past him.

I think the opposite. Great defensively but not much spark going forward.

Back to topic, if Andy Scott is not going to go I would at least like to see him hold his hands up, show a bit of humility and admit that he - not just the players - have vastly underperformed when it comes to the league this season.

I think he has taken us as far as he can but I don't want to see people getting abusive. Some of the grief Leroy got a few years back was completely out of order and I hope we don't have a repeat of that.
 

Should Scott Go?

Should Scott Go?

I think the opposite. Great defensively but not much spark going forward.Back to topic, if Andy Scott is not going to go I would at least like to see him hold his hands up, show a bit of humility and admit that he - not just the players - have vastly underperformed when it comes to the league this season.

I think he has taken us as far as he can but I don't want to see people getting abusive. Some of the grief Leroy got a few years back was completely out of order and I hope we don't have a repeat of that.

I agree good defensively, very solid but he just knocks the channel going forward.
 

Should Scott Go?

I think the opposite. Great defensively but not much spark going forward.

Next game watch the winger when he goes at him Woodman never commits to the tackle and the winger goes straight past him.
The good games he has is when they dont attack him.
As I said he is good going forward ,not so much running at them but he plays really good balls in to Charlie and Weston.
All a matter of opinion though eh
 

Should Scott Go?

I think he has taken us as far as he can but I don't want to see people getting abusive. Some of the grief Leroy got a few years back was completely out of order and I hope we don't have a repeat of that.

I think that Brentford fans have held it together pretty well thus far, the only time I have booed was at Tranmere and that was purely because we (well 10 of us anyway) were taking the pee out of the Tranny fans who booed their team and manager plus the poor ref for 94 whole minutes.
A man booing another man is weird IMO but that's a personal thing.

Anyway back to topic, HOOFBALL, I don't think we play it. I don't know what we play but it's normally slow passing to the wings and hoof it as a last resort when all other ideas have gone and the pressure is on to offload. We don't play short passes, we don't play middle length type passes but I don't consider us to be hoof merchants.
People talk of a plan b but I can't tell you what plan a is, the players seem to be in the dark with it too.
 

Should Scott Go?

I know...well if this is a 2 - 3 year plan then are we going to leave it that long...because I'd rather know if im in for sh*t football with no enthusiasm for the next god knows how long.
How long do you give it to get it right?

What would happen to this plan if we were in danger of being relegated?

Same old bullshit

i wont be going if were going to let AS keep this style for 3 years and im sure many others wont either! its a terrible statement to make!
 

Should Scott Go?

Next game watch the winger when he goes at him Woodman never commits to the tackle and the winger goes straight past him.
The good games he has is when they dont attack him.
As I said he is good going forward ,not so much running at them but he plays really good balls in to Charlie and Weston.
All a matter of opinion though eh
Can't agree, I've seen Woodman done for pace but his tackling is good, he doesn't fly in but his timing is good and more often than not he comes away with the ball.
 

Should Scott Go?

i wont be going if were going to let AS keep this style for 3 years and im sure many others wont either! its a terrible statement to make!

agreed
Think that would finally finish me off after 44 years of going week in week out
very sad times

True true....ill still go week in week out tho...

Its Brentford init
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom