Sunday papers

rebus

On my final warning
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
42,944
Reaction score
38,615
Location
Leytonstone / Ilford

Sunday papers

Okay, the ones to buy are:

Independent On Sunday
The Observer
News Of The World
The Sunday Times

Great coverage in all of the above - the whole of The Independent's back page is a photo of DJ celebrating with the fans!
 

Sunday papers

If anyone is interested, three of those have online coverage. I posted links in the Match Reports thread. The Telegraph has good coverage as well.
 

Sunday papers

Brilliant ! I am just about to have a shower and head to the shops so this thread is the dogs twitchers :sorted:
 

Sunday papers

markbfc said:
Okay, the ones to buy are:

Independent On Sunday
The Observer
News Of The World
The Sunday Times

Great coverage in all of the above - the whole of The Independent's back page is a photo of DJ celebrating with the fans!

which ones have best photos? Online versions do not carry the pics
 

Sunday papers

Are the online match reports the same as the ones in the paper context wise?
 

Sunday papers

ChinaBee said:
which ones have best photos? Online versions do not carry the pics
All four but The Independent wins for the back page.
 

Sunday papers

The Evening Standard rofl rofl

thisislondon.co.uk had the dumbest of dumb quotes yesterday. Can't see yesterday's articles now, but it went something like:

"Brentford won't be too upset about missing out on the cash windfall of a replay."

:scratch:
 

Sunday papers

I just found the quote on Sportinglife.com

The Bees may be more than £6million in debt but the money lost by missing out on replay will not matter a jot to chairman Greg Dyke, with Allen assembling an organised outfit.

I wanna be a sports journo. :crazy1:
 

Sunday papers

NOTW

The standard of journalism in that is dogshit. I bought it for some pictures and the match report is toilet.
Player ratings are just crap as well, do they actually have people at the games or do they just make it up?
For Turner: 'Got the better of John Stead but was relieved when he was substituted' :rolleyes:
Rankin got 7 out of 10, compared to Lloyds 6.:rolleyes:
And Nelson is in team of the day, despite being caught completely cold by that fluke cross/shot from Arca.
:banghead:
 

Sunday papers

Yeah, I cannot find any mention against Nelson, yet had :dj: not done his trick all the talk would be of how he buggered it up for us... I guess it was not in the spirit of the day.. I have boycotted the NOTW so cannot comment on today's!
 

Sunday papers

Who cares about the standard of journalism? I fully expected average match reports. All that matters is the exposure and any paper that gives us a couple of pages and some large photos is ok by me.

Cheers for the info Mark. :sorted:
 

Sunday papers

Went and picked up every paper I could at my missus' local newsagent in East Acton (near the tube station) this morning, and as I plonked them on the counter, News of the Screws was on top. The newsagent pointed to a picture of DJ on the back page and proudly announced 'he lives next door to me, just round the corner'. So there you have it, a Bees hero right in the middle of QPR territory! Hope seeing him winds a few of them up...
 

Sunday papers

He's a Rangers fan isn't he. He used to play for them.
 

Sunday papers

Anyway seeing as Mark hasn't got his scanner out I'd better show the people who haven't been to the newsagents what they're missing before it's too late.

No scanner but the camera on my mobile does a decent enough job.

First up the Independent back page.
 

Sunday papers

Simon C said:
He's a Rangers fan isn't he. He used to play for them.

DJ Campbell is a bee, is a bee, is a bee, he hates Rangers!!!
 

Sunday papers

Great coverage and great pictures in the newspapers. :sorted:
 

Sunday papers

I think they have a different version in different areas of the county so maybe the inside back pages are just for us down south. I know that from my time living up north that the page or two they give to each of the lower divisions has a different main report depending on where you live.
 

Sunday papers

nocoat said:
Yeah, I cannot find any mention against Nelson, yet had :dj: not done his trick all the talk would be of how he buggered it up for us... I guess it was not in the spirit of the day.. I have boycotted the NOTW so cannot comment on today's!

i'll think you'll find that DJ was able to produce his magic because of Nelson's bril kick that was nodded on to him by LLoyd
 

Sunday papers

boy racer bee said:
The standard of journalism in that is dogshit. I bought it for some pictures and the match report is toilet.
Player ratings are just crap as well, do they actually have people at the games or do they just make it up?
For Turner: 'Got the better of John Stead but was relieved when he was substituted' :rolleyes:
Rankin got 7 out of 10, compared to Lloyds 6.:rolleyes:
And Nelson is in team of the day, despite being caught completely cold by that fluke cross/shot from Arca.
:banghead:

"MOUNTAIN DYKE"!!!!!!!! genius headline. :sorted: :sorted:
 

Sunday papers

markbfc said:
Okay, the ones to buy are:

Independent On Sunday
The Observer
News Of The World
The Sunday Times

Great coverage in all of the above - the whole of The Independent's back page is a photo of DJ celebrating with the fans!


you got a paper round ? Bought all four papers ,cheers :sorted:
 

Sunday papers

It was just so good to see DJ and the celebrations at the end on the front of every football pull out in the papers today .. I was in Sainsburys for an hour this morning reading every paper ... :sorted:
 

Sunday papers

boy racer bee said:
The standard of journalism in that is dogshit. I bought it for some pictures and the match report is toilet.
Player ratings are just crap as well, do they actually have people at the games or do they just make it up?
For Turner: 'Got the better of John Stead but was relieved when he was substituted' :rolleyes:
Rankin got 7 out of 10, compared to Lloyds 6.:rolleyes:
And Nelson is in team of the day, despite being caught completely cold by that fluke cross/shot from Arca.
:banghead:

One paper I think it was the Express descibed DJ's second goal being "......lofted over a stranded Davis into the top left hand corner" or words to that effect.

Also b******s Sunday papers , nearly all came in sealed polythene bags and couldn't read them. Had to buy them instead. Another conspiracy against us or am i just being over sensative.
 

Sunday papers

The Observer online report is different to the shorter one that appeared in my copy of the paper (it's better too, I think). You'll find it here

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Observer_Match_Report/0,,1697290,00.html

Great to see the Bees so prominent in the papers today - anyone else notice that nice Phil Parkinson, Colchester manager, saying he wants us at GP in the next round?
 

Sunday papers

Plymouth Bee said:
The Observer online report is different to the shorter one that appeared in my copy of the paper (it's better too, I think). You'll find it here

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Observer_Match_Report/0,,1697290,00.html

Great to see the Bees so prominent in the papers today - anyone else notice that nice Phil Parkinson, Colchester manager, saying he wants us at GP in the next round?

Nice Mr Parkinson is getting too big for his boots me thinks.
 

Sunday papers

Infatuated Bees Alter Ego said:
Nice Mr Parkinson is getting too big for his boots me thinks.

No Frampton and Eddie in midfield allowed Danns and Halford too much influence. DJ had 4 goals to his name. If we do play them, I hope that he thinks we're an easy touch. :sorted:
 

Sunday papers

Simon C said:
NOTW inside back page


Thanks Simon C

Is that GD's reaction to DJ saying he wants to play in the Prem?:D


Great coverage from all papers, bring on the 5th round it WILL get better:sorted:

Thanks MA and AW a great team behind a great team:sorted:

Premiership your having a laugh:wave: :wave:
 

Sunday papers

Plymouth Bee said:
The Observer online report is different to the shorter one that appeared in my copy of the paper (it's better too, I think). You'll find it here

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Observer_Match_Report/0,,1697290,00.html

Great to see the Bees so prominent in the papers today - anyone else notice that nice Phil Parkinson, Colchester manager, saying he wants us at GP in the next round?
I like this little request at the end of that report:

"· Did you go to the match? What did you think of the game and of our report? The Observer is interested in hearing from fans who regularly attend their team's Premiership games - email [email protected] with your views."

So not interested in, er, League One games then :(
 

Sunday papers

Edmundo said:
For some reason the NOTW seems to have two match reports, both written by Matt Driscoll. Not complaining, but seems odd.

They do two versions Ed. One for the left of the nation and one for the right :sorted: :wave:
 

Sunday papers

is there anyway to put the news reports into a desktop wallpaper in some sought of collage with other pics to celebrate the day
 

Sunday papers

Guardian has a good piece - opens with quotes from MA saying he's in lectures all day today and Tuesday and his phone will be off.
 

Sunday papers

Just read todays Torygraph report from a link on Beesotted ,well funny ,worth a read .
 

Sunday papers

coconino said:
Guardian has a good piece - opens with quotes from MA saying he's in lectures all day today and Tuesday and his phone will be off.

MA also says in it that he thinks Mousinho will be the best of the lot.
 

Sunday papers

think i went a bit crazy bought 5 yesterday, Independant, NOTW, Star, Times and Express. And Star, Sun and TImes today different reports, different pictures, lots of exposure. If we get a home tie in the next round i bet there will be a few teams thinking....'Dont let it be our number!' I fancy Villa or Boro at GP...........6th round here we come!!!!!!! :fishing:
 
Back
Top Bottom