Swindon

super J

Super J
Joined
4 Feb 2003
Messages
6,840
Reaction score
1,900
Location
Ealing

Swindon

Who's going? Just booked train from Paddington, two singles £7.50 each!
 

Swindon

I'd suggest people book from a non London station if you want a cheaper ticket.
 

Swindon

Agreed. Book from Chippenham for a great price.
 

Swindon

I usually go via Reading. Not checked the price yet.
 

Swindon

Of course - the four SwinedonBees will be travelling on the number 14 bus.
 

Swindon

................Yes please...........
 

Swindon

Not after the last time!!! Getting chucked out the pub near the station along with about thirty other bees just after we had been served a load of sambuca
 

Swindon

Tickets are a complete rip -off !! :mad1: £25 for adults £15 for under 16,s. We should charge them the same when they come to griffinpark. £5 for under 17,s at GP must be the best value in this division.
 

Swindon

Tickets are a complete rip -off !! :mad1: £25 for adults £15 for under 16,s. We should charge them the same when they come to griffinpark. £5 for under 17,s at GP must be the best value in this division.

Orient was the same. Paid £41 last year. Rip off merchants. They wonder why kids don't turn up. :rolleyes:
 

Swindon

Tickets are a complete rip -off !! :mad1: £25 for adults £15 for under 16,s. We should charge them the same when they come to griffinpark. £5 for under 17,s at GP must be the best value in this division.

Ive said that before,if we get ripped off away we should return the favour
 

Swindon

Ive said that before,if we get ripped off away we should return the favour

that kind of behaviour ends up with a rush to the bottom with EVERYONE charging £70 a ticket and attendances in a spiral of decline.

Swindon never properly cut their ticket prices back after the PL but they haven't actually risen that much over the last few years I don't think, I would suspect less than inflation.
 

Swindon

I'll be there with my daughter. Her Swindon supporting husband will be on his own. COYR.
 

Swindon

Just a warning to those travelling by train. Make sure you have the correct ticket for your journey to the wild west. First Great Western gate staff don't turn a blind eye to the odd ticketing mistake. However the gates are not staffed after 20.00.
 

Swindon

If you don't have a ticket you can just buy one at the ticket barrier, however that maybe harder to do/a long wait if the train is packed. It's generally how I travel from Hayes to Swindon in the hope I can get a free journey. Though obviously if you've booked in advance you won't be paying £17.50.

Find it odd that the BIAS guide for Swindon has no mention of Swindon train station lol.
 

Swindon

If you don't have a ticket you can just buy one at the ticket barrier, however that maybe harder to do/a long wait if the train is packed. It's generally how I travel from Hayes to Swindon in the hope I can get a free journey. Though obviously if you've booked in advance you won't be paying £17.50.

Find it odd that the BIAS guide for Swindon has no mention of Swindon train station lol.
Be prepared for a wait to by your ticket.
 

Swindon

I'll be booking in advanced mate, out of the regular trips I make to Swindon it's only ever worked for me once lol.

Will be sat with the home fans unfortunately, but a free ticket is a free ticket.
 

Swindon

Tickets are a complete rip -off !! :mad1: £25 for adults £15 for under 16,s. We should charge them the same when they come to griffinpark. £5 for under 17,s at GP must be the best value in this division.

At our level of football I don't understand why the 24 chairmen can't get round a table and agree a fixed price for the division.
£20 for adults, £5 for kids. Same at every ground.
Swindon consistently take the pi$$, kids tickets at Twickers on sat were £10 anywhere in the ground - result was 82000 sell-out.
 

Swindon

Rip off.

£20 for adults at Preston for what is probably the best ground in the division. Can't complain but Swindon £25 for adults and £15 for kids :shocked:
 

Swindon

the only way to show your feelings towards Swindon is by not going
 

Swindon

Not going to be able to make this one now. As a result, I have a return train ticket from Paddington to Swindon going begging. 1748 train on the outward journey and 2228 train on the return journey. Paid £30 for them so a bit cheaper than what is currently on offer. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM
 

Swindon

Not going to be able to make this one now. As a result, I have a return train ticket from Paddington to Swindon going begging. 1748 train on the outward journey and 2228 train on the return journey. Paid £30 for them so a bit cheaper than what is currently on offer. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM

Doh, just bought my train tickets about half an hour ago.
 

Swindon

the only way to show your feelings towards Swindon is by not going

youre quite right
and i wont be.......absolute rip off merchants...15 quid for kids is taking the urine, brentford fans should make a stand and boycott this game and show them bumpkins that its not on :(
 

Swindon

Sorry what is the pensioner price? And does it kick in at age 60? Might give it some thought if I dont have to fork out £25
 

Swindon

will you be going by bus bill to cut costs ??
 

Swindon

£19! It's a rip off whatever age you are.

Have spent a fortune going to Swindon in previous years, generally to see us come second, buggered if I will drive from Stevenage after work to pay £19 at that dump!!
 

Swindon

Jeez? £25??? I was definately going to this but can't justify that price for third division football - disgraceful.
 

Swindon

£3 at Wincanton with a programme!

There needs to be a 'market correction' with regard to football prices. With the biggest fall in living standards since at least the 70s football just costs too much. But then it's not alone. I can barely believe the prices in the supermarket. Must be a sign of getting old.
 

Swindon

Jeez? £25??? I was definately going to this but can't justify that price for third division football - disgraceful.

Its a shame. I know a fair few not going due to the pricing. Even the child price is a joke £12! We charge £5.
 

Swindon

Not going to be able to make this one now. As a result, I have a return train ticket from Paddington to Swindon going begging. 1748 train on the outward journey and 2228 train on the return journey. Paid £30 for them so a bit cheaper than what is currently on offer. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM

Still on offer. Happily take £25
 

Swindon

Whilst I will be going on Tuesday as it's my local game, £82 for the four of us (2 adults, 2 kids 16 and 14) is outrageous. Thank feck we have minimal travel costs!
 

Swindon

Not paying those prices... Bees Player for me.
 

Swindon

I'll be sat in the home end, a free ticket is a free ticket. Will just have to celebrate/drown my sorrows quietly.

Anyone know how to get a cheaper ticket than £30 return before I buy them tomorrow?
 

Swindon

I'll be sat in the home end, a free ticket is a free ticket. Will just have to celebrate/drown my sorrows quietly.

Anyone know how to get a cheaper ticket than £30 return before I buy them tomorrow?

I think you've missed the boat for cheapo advance tickets now.
 

Swindon

I think so. The return is at £10, but it's the starter that's at £22, or £18 depending on how much of my day I wanna spend in Swindon.

I guess it's the curse I bear for getting a free ticket so late on.
 

Swindon

Whilst I will be going on Tuesday as it's my local game, £82 for the four of us (2 adults, 2 kids 16 and 14) is outrageous. Thank feck we have minimal travel costs!

Same boat as you. Only three of us going from Westbury. On the subject of ticket pricing though, Swindon are making a challenge after a promotion.(last season) and I think that charging the prices they do, they are attracting better players to the county ground, sorry but I think there is some truth in it. ****ing rip off inbreds though.
 
Back
Top Bottom