TAPs query!

ldobz

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2025
Messages
26
Reaction score
53
Location
TW1

TAPs query!

I’m trying to work out what my rolling taps might look like from next season (currently I’m a member with enough to buy in first window (500+) but can’t get to as many games as I used to due to finances and family).
Can only see the last couple of seasons worth of TAPs earned / purchase history on my ticket account on the BFC website.
Any advice?
Thanks!
 

TAPs query!

If you attend fewer games than last season then your taps will go down. I don’t know how to check your previous five years by a breakdown but expect less access to tickets.
 

TAPs query!

I’m trying to work out what my rolling taps might look like from next season (currently I’m a member with enough to buy in first window (500+) but can’t get to as many games as I used to due to finances and family).
Can only see the last couple of seasons worth of TAPs earned / purchase history on my ticket account on the BFC website.
Any advice?
Thanks!
How long have you been a member? I don’t think there’s an annual breakdown that’s accessible so the only thing you can do for next season is a manual estimate.

Have a look at the 21-22 fixture list and see if you can remember roughly which games you went to. There will be a thread on here and probably also a page on the club website that’ll say how many TAPs were awarded for each game that season. Subtract that number from your current TAPs to get a starting point for next season on the assumption you go to no more games this season. Then add on the TAPs for the games you expect to go to this season.

Without doing that full faff calculation, if you’re likely to go to a lot fewer this season than in 21-22 then you will start next season with fewer TAPs than you started this one.

If all or the vast majority of your current TAPs are from more recently than 21-22 it’ll make very little difference if you do fewer games this season than last. Indeed, if you didn’t go at all in 21-22 you’ll have more next season than this.
 

TAPs query!

Cheers! Been a member for 10-15 years, went to almost every game at GP but didn’t get a season ticket for the new stadium when I had the chance…
Was hoping to avoid the maths but it’s an international break so I have time.
 

TAPs query!

Cheers! Been a member for 10-15 years, went to almost every game at GP but didn’t get a season ticket for the new stadium when I had the chance…
Was hoping to avoid the maths but it’s an international break so I have time.
As long as you stay above 100 you’re basically still able to get to every home game you want. If you’re at serious risk of dropping below see if you can get to a northern away. The ticket will be £10-15 cheaper than a home game so if you go by coach you’ll save a lot compared to getting the same TAPs from home games. Or if money is ultra tight see if any ST friends will forward you a ticket at ST face value for some home games.
 

TAPs query!

If you attend fewer games than last season then your taps will go down. I don’t know how to check your previous five years by a breakdown but expect less access to tickets.
That doesn’t follow at all

:judge:
 

TAPs query!

How do I see my TAPs online via my mobile phone? I've looked around the bfc app and via the webpage (logged in as me) and can't find them anywhere.

Can't see a FAQ on it either.

While I'm here, what is the likely tiering via TAPs for Arsenal and Spurs away ticket purchase windows?
 

TAPs query!

How do I see my TAPs online via my mobile phone? I've looked around the bfc app and via the webpage (logged in as me) and can't find them anywhere.

Can't see a FAQ on it either.

While I'm here, what is the likely tiering via TAPs for Arsenal and Spurs away ticket purchase windows?
On the app - not sure.

On the mobile website - go to the ticketing page ( https://www.eticketing.co.uk/brentfordfc/ ) click the circle with a head in it in the top right corner and the bar that springs out on the right hand side should display your name, account/FAN number, TAPs balance and credit balance.
 

TAPs query!

How do I see my TAPs online via my mobile phone? I've looked around the bfc app and via the webpage (logged in as me) and can't find them anywhere.

Can't see a FAQ on it either.

While I'm here, what is the likely tiering via TAPs for Arsenal and Spurs away ticket purchase windows?
On the OS, there is a sign in link in the top right corner on desktop or in a menu that comes up when tapping the three bars in the top right on mobile. Once signed in the link changes to "My Account" on desktop and clicking on it reveals a panel with your active and lifetime TAPS. On mobile tapping on the three bars again shows the same info.
 

TAPs query!

On the app - not sure.

On the mobile website - go to the ticketing page ( https://www.eticketing.co.uk/brentfordfc/ ) click the circle with a head in it in the top right corner and the bar that springs out on the right hand side should display your name, account/FAN number, TAPs balance and credit balance.
On the app, go to tickets, buy tickets and then follow your process
 

TAPs query!

Btw, is it just me, or is managing your account and buying tickets rather annoying, given everything feels split between two different websites? There should be a better way...
 

TAPs query!

Btw, is it just me, or is managing your account and buying tickets rather annoying, given everything feels split between two different websites? There should be a better way...
The aim is to have everything on the app but it will take time to get all the website functionality implemented on the app so they’re doing it piecemeal over time rather than in one go which would be risky if there were problems during the season.
 

TAPs query!

The aim is to have everything on the app but it will take time to get all the website functionality implemented on the app so they’re doing it piecemeal over time rather than in one go which would be risky if there were problems during the season.
Fair enough, makes sense 🙂
 

TAPs query!

Btw, is it just me, or is managing your account and buying tickets rather annoying, given everything feels split between two different websites? There should be a better way...
It's painful enough trying to buy tickets on the website with a big screen, imagine trying to do that on a small phone screen.
 

TAPs query!

It's painful enough trying to buy tickets on the website with a big screen, imagine trying to do that on a small phone screen.
I've never bought tickets anywhere other than the app. Works fine once you figure out its quirks.
 

TAPs query!

You find using the ticket site easy?

Point me to all the other ticket buying websites that need extensive instructions on how to use them.
I find it extremely easy. You log in, pick the ticket you want, buy it and wait for the email to tell you it’s available to add to your wallet.

Couldn’t be simpler!
 

TAPs query!

It shouldn’t have quirks it should be simple and intuitive
You simply have to tap your profile at the top twice before the nearest fixture shows up. And once you've found the fixture, and if you're lucky enough that the app hasn't falsely accused you of being a bot and denied you access, you have to zoom in and out on the seat map an indefinite amount of times before the tickets appear.

What system could possibly be simpler?
 

TAPs query!

You simply have to tap your profile at the top twice before the nearest fixture shows up. And once you've found the fixture, and if you're lucky enough that the app hasn't falsely accused you of being a bot and denied you access, you have to zoom in and out on the seat map an indefinite amount of times before the tickets appear.

What system could possibly be simpler?
What could be simpler (and we believe is being built) is:
1. One signon so that when you log into App, also takes you straight into Ticketing.
2. Adding the ability to create a new fan account, and add them to Friends and Family, in the App (rather than having to do this on the website).
 

TAPs query!

Couldn’t be simpler!
obviously it could else the club wouldn’t have felt the need to publish comprehensive instructions for people to follow

For the record I rarely have problems but many other people do as we’ve seen them on here, it really isn’t as simple as it could be
 

TAPs query!

obviously it could else the club wouldn’t have felt the need to publish comprehensive instructions for people to follow

For the record I rarely have problems but many other people do as we’ve seen them on here, it really isn’t as simple as it could be
You asked if we find using the site easy. I replied yes I find it extremely easy. I'd suggest that it's a combination of reasons why people struggle but the main ones are probably that they're either technophobes or their hardware is old. Either are easily fixed but I guess some people cant be arsed.
 

TAPs query!

I find it extremely easy. You log in, pick the ticket you want, buy it and wait for the email to tell you it’s available to add to your wallet.

Couldn’t be simpler!
I don’t think the act of purchasing tickets on the ticket website is bad. To me, the problem lies in how convoluted the management of your account feels, split between the club’s official website and the ticket website, with TAPs showing up on both, often with delays, and the back and forth needed between both pages to get things done.

But yeah, once you’re on the ticket website, I’d say it’s relatively simple.
 

TAPs query!

We got the ST renewal through, when do they give us our new Taps statement.?
 

TAPs query!

I've just looked at the ticketing page on the app to check my TAPs, which were correct after the West Ham game at 1955 (6511). Now the total shows 1780 (6336). I earned 305 TAPs this year up to and including the West Ham game. In previous seasons I earned: 24/25 - 345; 23/24 - 325; 22/23 - 385; 21/22 - 555. I presume the years just listed are those that will count towards next season's TAPs total starting point? So should be 1915 (1930 after attending CP on Sunday). How can my current total on the app make sense? It doesn't add up even if you discount 21/22 season? Is it worth contacting the ticket office to clarify? Which seasons should I be counting? So confused...

Edit: just read the blurb about which years count and it's previous 4, which would make my TAPs total 1360 not 1780... think I'll shut up until I get official confirmation of what TAPs I'll be starting on for 26/27, although the current total showing, given the season hasn't ended yet, still doesn't make sense...
 
Last edited:

TAPs query!

I've just looked at the ticketing page on the app to check my TAPs, which were correct after the West Ham game at 1955 (6511). Now the total shows 1780 (6336). I earned 305 TAPs this year up to and including the West Ham game. In previous seasons I earned: 24/25 - 345; 23/24 - 325; 22/23 - 385; 21/22 - 555. I presume the years just listed are those that will count towards next season's TAPs total starting point? So should be 1915 (1930 after attending CP on Sunday). How can my current total on the app make sense? It doesn't add up even if you discount 21/22 season? Is it worth contacting the ticket office to clarify? Which seasons should I be counting? So confused...
What's it say in Account History?
 

TAPs query!

Click the profile silhouette
View Account Menu
Account Management
Account History


Shpuld give you a log of transactions
The little head and shoulders thing? Tapped on that but no option to view account menu, just profile and settings, neither of which offers view account menu.
Elsewhere, looked on the internet site and it shows the correct TAPs!!! The internet site does have view account menu, but then it shows the correct TAPs...
Why would the app show different? Technology ain't what it's cracked up to be...
 

TAPs query!

Click the profile silhouette
View Account Menu
Account Management
Account History


Shpuld give you a log of transactions

If you're only using the app, @hanwellbee you need to select 'buy tickets' on the ticket hub page to go through to the full ticketing webpage, and log in to that before following StevieSteve's guide
 

TAPs query!

If you're only using the app, @hanwellbee you need to select 'buy tickets' on the ticket hub page to go through to the full ticketing webpage, and log in to that before following StevieSteve's guide
Did that and it does show the correct TAPs! What's confusing is when I open the app and select tickets, I get shown a page titled Ticketing Hub and this shows the wrong TAPs... doesn't make any sense...
 

TAPs query!

Did that and it does show the correct TAPs! What's confusing is when I open the app and select tickets, I get shown a page titled Ticketing Hub and this shows the wrong TAPs... doesn't make any sense...
That first page always updates later for some god forsaken reason.

The ticketing section is where you’ll see your current and historic TAPs correctly updated

I go with the “double tap™️*” rule everytime I need to check something: you’ll log in twice anyway:
-Brentford main page, then ticketing main page
-When looking for seats you’ll see the area where is available but you’ll need to go back/zoom out again to actually see the seats available loaded


*Zombieland innit 😂
 

TAPs query!

Just noticed in my app that I had 4727 taps, but now down to 3060 Active, does that mean they have done this season's calculation?
 

TAPs query!

Just noticed in my app that I had 4727 taps, but now down to 3060 Active, does that mean they have done this season's calculation?
The 4727 is life 🙄
I was on 3490 last season
It now shows 3060........wait for email I suppose, it might make sense as the low drop is when I was living in Spain.
 

TAPs query!

Just noticed in my app that I had 4727 taps, but now down to 3060 Active, does that mean they have done this season's calculation?
I may be wrong, but not sure the App is the safest place to check your Taps. Looking online may be more accurate.
The club is telling us that there is a lag between Taps being updated into the App from the data warehouse.
No idea why this should be, but this is what we are being advised.
 

TAPs query!

I may be wrong, but not sure the App is the safest place to check your Taps. Looking online may be more accurate.
The club is telling us that there is a lag between Taps being updated into the App from the data warehouse.
No idea why this should be, but this is what we are being advised.
What have the club committed to about fixing the view of TAPs to have a consistent cross-platform view.

Otherwise as it is, it's sh*t.

It's like having two watches and being asked the time
 

TAPs query!

I may be wrong, but not sure the App is the safest place to check your Taps. Looking online may be more accurate.
The club is telling us that there is a lag between Taps being updated into the App from the data warehouse.
No idea why this should be, but this is what we are being advised.
Online only the ticket-site has the correct TAPs at the moment, at least for me. My account on the BFC-site does not have all the TAPs added.
 

TAPs query!

No points cull on my account yet but I have 4435 TAPs according to the ticket site and 4335 according to the BFC site and app.
Two other fans I've spoken to also have the same 100 point discrepancy

The last 4 TAP additions to my account totalled 100 so maybe it just hasn't been updated on the BFC site since 5th May.
Oh well doesn't matter at the moment with no tickets on sale!
 

TAPs query!

Ticketing site is the golden source, as that is Ticketmaster and they have the correct information.

BFC site & App data comes from the data warehouse which appears to be out of sync. Probably the one thing you don't want to get wrong, particularly if you are /ahem/ data led..
 

TAPs query!

Mine is showing three different figures in the app, BFC site and ticketing site. I pointed this out to the ticket office months ago, when they first started showing the TAPs after you log in to the BFC site. I was told the only accurate number is shown on the ticketing site, as has been confirmed by others here.
 

TAPs query!

No points cull on my account yet but I have 4435 TAPs according to the ticket site and 4335 according to the BFC site and app.
Two other fans I've spoken to also have the same 100 point discrepancy

The last 4 TAP additions to my account totalled 100 so maybe it just hasn't been updated on the BFC site since 5th May.
Oh well doesn't matter at the moment with no tickets on sale!
100 difference here too
 

TAPs query!

Mine is showing three different figures in the app, BFC site and ticketing site. I pointed this out to the ticket office months ago, when they first started showing the TAPs after you log in to the BFC site. I was told the only accurate number is shown on the ticketing site, as has been confirmed by others here.
Yes, same here App = 2860, BFC Site = 2940, Ticketing Site = 3035.
 

TAPs query!

Ticketing site is the golden source, as that is Ticketmaster and they have the correct information.

BFC site & App data comes from the data warehouse which appears to be out of sync. Probably the one thing you don't want to get wrong, particularly if you are /ahem/ data led..

Are you sure about this?

The ticketing site has 810 fewer than the app and 910 fewer than the website for me.
 
Back
Top Bottom