Team Vs Crawley

Team Vs Crawley

Really interested in how we set up as the talk from Crawley is that they will set up with a holding midfielder sitting right in front of the back 4 as they are very worried about Donaldson.
Get the feeling Crawley happy to nullify and see what happens.

Wonder if Liam Moore will get a run out tomorrow, Uwe to get the new guys in the team, especially centre halves, seems to blood them in front of the back 4, Dean went in there v Rochdale Away to start with, Kiernan the same for Sheff U at home.

Toumani for Adeyemi like for like change for Uwe to freshen up.
Expect Uwe at some point will pair Hayes with BWP just to see if their is still a spark from last seasons successful partnership (maybe last half hour tomorrow).
Clayton to start over Trotta up front, Crawley are scared stiff of him especially Macfadzean who couldn't handle him at all at GP.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Having only made 3 starts in 4 months, is BWP going to be fit enough to start on a Saturday, and then start the following Tuesday?
 

Team Vs Crawley

Really interested in how we set up as the talk from Crawley is that they will set up with a holding midfielder sitting right in front of the back 4 as they are very worried about Donaldson.
Get the feeling Crawley happy to nullify and see what happens.

Wonder if Liam Moore will get a run out tomorrow, Uwe to get the new guys in the team, especially centre halves, seems to blood them in front of the back 4, Dean went in there v Rochdale Away to start with, Kienan the same for Sheff U at home.

Toumani for Adeyemi like for like change for Uwe to freshen up.
Expect Uwe at some point will pair Hayes with BWP just to see if their is still a spark from last seasons successful partnership (maybe last half hour tomorrow).
Clayton to start over Trotta up front, Crawley are scared stiff of him especially Macfadzean who couldn't handle him at all at GP.

This is the team I think we'll start with and not necessarily the one I'd pick

Simon Moore

Shaleum

Harlee
TC

Jake B

Adam
Jon Douglas
Tom A or Toumani
Harry

Clayton
BWP

Subs
Trotta, Moore, Richard, Sam, Stuart Dallas, Toumani, Hayes

Personally I'd be inclined to rest Simon for Richard and look to maybe rest Jake and include the new lad with Shay going to left back and Moore to right back but can't see it happening
 

Team Vs Crawley

Really interested in how we set up as the talk from Crawley is that they will set up with a holding midfielder sitting right in front of the back 4 as they are very worried about Donaldson.
Get the feeling Crawley happy to nullify and see what happens.

Wonder if Liam Moore will get a run out tomorrow, Uwe to get the new guys in the team, especially centre halves, seems to blood them in front of the back 4, Dean went in there v Rochdale Away to start with, Kiernan the same for Sheff U at home.

Toumani for Adeyemi like for like change for Uwe to freshen up.
Expect Uwe at some point will pair Hayes with BWP just to see if their is still a spark from last seasons successful partnership (maybe last half hour tomorrow).
Clayton to start over Trotta up front, Crawley are scared stiff of him especially Macfadzean who couldn't handle him at all at GP.

Is he playing at the moment mate? I haven't seen his name on a teamsheet for a while.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Moore
Logan Dean Craig Bidwell
Moore
Donaldson Toumani Douglas Forshaw
Trotta

subs Lee, Barron, Hayes, Saunders, BWP, Adeyemi, Forrester
 

Team Vs Crawley

This is the team I think we'll start with and not necessarily the one I'd pick

Simon Moore

Shaleum

Harlee
TC

Jake B

Adam
Jon Douglas
Tom A or Toumani
Harry

Clayton
BWP

Subs
Trotta, Moore, Richard, Sam, Stuart Dallas, Toumani, Hayes

Personally I'd be inclined to rest Simon for Richard and look to maybe rest Jake and include the new lad with Shay going to left back and Moore to right back but can't see it happening

The fact that Uwe was already on Saturday evening saying he Was going to change things, tends to suggest he has a plan B he's being thinking about.

Liam Moore hasn't come to sit on the bench, so Uwe will blood him, I think he'll be keen to get him into the team but how and where we may get an idea tomorrow if Uwe is keen.

Hodson has been solid and has played left back before at Watford, but Logan played left back at Walsall Away early season and looked like a right back that had got lost but then against Chelsea at home looked better at left back than Ashley Cole!

BWP = more minutes, chances of scoring higher, so expect people to be placed alongside him until Uwe gets a fit. Be it Trotta, Donaldson or Plan C - Hayes.

Expect first 5 mins tomorrow us to be working out who's playing where, it could be that different!
 

Team Vs Crawley

Is he playing at the moment mate? I haven't seen his name on a teamsheet for a while.

Playing kids at the mo NB, Macfadzean has been absent for a while, ill, trying to rush him back ASAP but tomorrow is too soon apparently (has to have a run out first).

They are concerned about us up front but are quite cock-a-hoop after Saturday and fancy it if they weather our early storm.

So if we play tippy tappy in our half first 20 and they don't get over halfway waiting for us, could be a slow start! (Now expect 2 goals in the first 5 mins! ) :D
 

Team Vs Crawley

Playing kids at the mo NB, Macfadzean has been absent for a while, ill, trying to rush him back ASAP but tomorrow is too soon apparently (has to have a run out first).

They are concerned about us up front but are quite cock-a-hoop after Saturday and fancy it if they weather our early storm.

So if we play tippy tappy in our half first 20 and they don't get over halfway waiting for us, could be a slow start! (Now expect 2 goals in the first 5 mins! ) :D

Good as I think he has a bit about him, Byron Webster at Yeovil has the same build and strength and has dominated us twice now, JMc could possibly do the same but he does like a fall at the slightest touch and also added a little yelp once or twice at GP.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Donaldson murdered them at Griffin Park and played right through the middle, not on the right. Let's hope that he does the same tomorrow.

I would agree that we will see Moore and perhaps Toumani. I would like to see CD and BWP start together with the cavalry on the bench including Trotta and Forrester (if fit).

Tomorrow we need to win the battle first and then hopefully earn the time and room to play our football and thus beat them
 

Team Vs Crawley

Pivotal game this season. Lose and suddenly there could be significant gap between us and even the play offs. Crawley sound confident about this and we're off form. We badly need a win.

Could go either way.

1-0 or 1-4....:)
 

Team Vs Crawley

I watched Crawley play against Doncaster and the pitch was woeful! Doncaster struggled to get their better players in the game and couldn't pass the ball at all. Crawley did a bit better, but the pitch wasn't suited to dribbling and passing football. I would leave out Forrester for this one and go for something a bit more powerful. I would also try the combo of Hayes and BWP. With those two up front and with donaldson wide you can really mix the style of play.

Crawley's main threats come from wide areas with their wingers and attacking fullbacks. I wouldn't be overly concerned with a holding midfielder for this one so Liam Moore to start on the bench and Douglas to push slightly further forward than usual.

Moore

Hodson
Dean
Craig
Bidwell

Donaldson
Adeyemi
Douglas
Forshaw

Hayes
Bradley Wright-Phillips

Subs: Lee, Logan, Liam Moore, Trotta, Diagouraga, Saunders, Forrester
 

Team Vs Crawley

Moore
Logan
Bidwell
Moore
Dean
Dallas
Forshaw
Douglas
Diagouraga
Wright-Phillips
Donaldson

Subs: Lee,Hodson,Craig,Forrester,Hayes,Trotta,Adeyemi.
 

Team Vs Crawley

I can't imagine a defensive five with an average age of about 20 is a flyer.
 

Team Vs Crawley

..................S. Moore..................
.....L. Moore...Dean...Craig........
..................Diagouraga..............
Logan.........Douglas........Forrester
....................Forshaw...................
.........Donaldson.....Trotta.............

Subs; Lee, Bidwell, Hodson, Saunders, Reeves, Hayes, BWP
3-1-3-1-2 Formation here.

Logan's pace down the right will allow Donaldson into the middle (Finally!!!). Harry will have to be extra careful going forward though this may not be a good thing. Craig and L. Moore will go wider to support but not as far up as a full/wing back would venture.

Forshaw sitting behind the front two will show his true quality IMO. Donaldson and Trotta will be giving each other some of those lovely flick ons we see but with the extra support and decreased pressure, this may help them both get scoring again.

Douglas and Dave will swap around the holding and ball wining and going forward roles to confuse the **** out of the Crawley defence. If its not Douglas' hair and beard coming at them it's Daves long legs and height which will help if we need to take a more direct route later on.

The back three will have to really work but with Moore and Craig both able to play the full back positions anyway, they can pull out wider depending on what side the ball is coming down. If Crawley go through the middle this back 3 will be fine. Douglas or Dave will also be dropping back to help out with the defending.

Later in the game we will have the subs to revert back to normal if needs be and we also have the varied strengths of Hayes (lol) and BWP to bolster the attack if we want.

Unfortunately I couldn't fit Adeyemi in this line up as per the 5 loanee rule.

This won't happen anyway it's probably way too attacking but sod it. I'm off to play football manager......
 

Team Vs Crawley

Moore
Logan Dean Moore Barron
Dallas Douglas Forshaw Forrester
BWP Hayes
 

Team Vs Crawley

We need to learn the lessons from Yeovil. With a horrible heavy pitch, there's going to be no opportunities for fancy-Dan, pass-and-move, flicks-and-tricks but survival of the strongest and fittest.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Moore
Logan Dean Moore Barron
Dallas Douglas Forshaw Forrester
BWP Hayes

Understand that BWP & Hayes linked up at Charlton for a time but looking at the stats it was hardly a prolific partnership (BWP was pretty prolific on his own and Hayes got 3 in 19 appearances) and now both are short of match fitness for different reasons and Hayes has struggled with us so personally can't see Uwe going with this one. Like inclusion of Dallas but again would be very surprised if he even made the bench....
 

Team Vs Crawley

The way I look at this is simple. We have to start winning games and that means scoring. We have three goalscorers[ BWP,Trotta, Donaldson]. IMO they have to all start. The top 6 would be
Forshaw, Douglas, Clayton, Trotta, BWP, Adeyemi. Maybe in a 1-3-2 in front of the usual back four.
Adeyemi
Forshaw Douglas Donaldson
BWP Trotta
If we go ahead we can always change the formation and close the shop.
 

Team Vs Crawley

The way I look at this is simple. We have to start winning games and that means scoring. We have three goalscorers[ BWP,Trotta, Donaldson]. IMO they have to all start. You need the service in so Harry has to start. The top 6 would be
Forshaw, Douglas, Forrester, Trotta, BWP, Adeyemi. Maybe in a 1-3-2 in front of the usual back four.
Adeyemi
Forshaw Douglas Forrester
BWP Trotta
It means Forshaw and Forrester really have to track back but I say go for three points .If we go ahead we can always change the formation and close the shop.

Fully agree, draws are no longer any good. We desperately have to start taking 3 points from games. No point sitting back now. I think Uwe feels the same, hence the more attacking line up on Saturday, but Harry has to start tonight irrespective of his current form given his creativity levels.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Fully agree, draws are no longer any good. We desperately have to start taking 3 points from games. No point sitting back now. I think Uwe feels the same, hence the more attacking line up on Saturday, but Harry has to start tonight irrespective of his current form given his creativity levels.

I amended my post to exclude Harry. Looks like you got the first version! Harry out and Clayton in.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Understand that BWP & Hayes linked up at Charlton for a time but looking at the stats it was hardly a prolific partnership (BWP was pretty prolific on his own and Hayes got 3 in 19 appearances) and now both are short of match fitness for different reasons and Hayes has struggled with us so personally can't see Uwe going with this one. Like inclusion of Dallas but again would be very surprised if he even made the bench....

True but Uwe has said that there will be changes and for me, Trotta has been less than impressive.
Dallas over Donaldson won't happen but is something that I would like to see the same as Barron over Bidwell.
 

Team Vs Crawley

True but Uwe has said that there will be changes and for me, Trotta has been less than impressive.
Dallas over Donaldson won't happen but is something that I would like to see the same as Barron over Bidwell.

Thankfully.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Dallas over Donaldson won't happen but is something that I would like to see the same as Barron over Bidwell.

:eek:

Please God, no. Donaldson has been and will be outstanding. Barron is not a left back I'm afraid. Decent choice and back up for the left wing though.
 

Team Vs Crawley

The way I look at this is simple. We have to start winning games and that means scoring.
Agree.

We have three goalscorers[ BWP,Trotta, Donaldson]. IMO they have to all start.

Disagree.


Would love to be proven wrong but I get the feeling that Trotta and BWP are both purely goalscorers and will not set up much for other players, thus decreasing our overall creativity. Clayton + one of those two up front for me, with the other to come off the bench like-for-like for fresh legs.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Hope Uwe goes for some width in the team tonight. It's no use banging long high balls up to Trotta or BWP. Would like to see Shay and Jake getting forward and supplying the ammo for Marcello...........give him a chance and he will score. Creepies 1- us 2
 

Team Vs Crawley

I think we need a solid holding midfielder tonight, but I remain to be convinced by Adeyemi, so providing he is considered fit enough, I would go with Liam Moore for that role. If Man U were looking at him last summer he can't be a complete donkey.
 

Team Vs Crawley

I would go with Liam Moore for that role. If Man U were looking at him last summer he can't be a complete donkey.

Why so negative . He is considered by Leicester to be a likely star in the making - just spoke to a friend of mine today who works at Leicester in senior capacity who is very high on him. Big and strong but can play too (that is referring to Moore, not my friend!)
 

Team Vs Crawley

Moore
Logan Dean Craig Bidwell
Dallas Forshaw Douglas Forrester
Donaldson BWP
 

Team Vs Crawley

:eek:

Please God, no. Donaldson has been and will be outstanding. Barron is not a left back I'm afraid. Decent choice and back up for the left wing though.

I don't agree with Donaldson being 'outstanding' on the wing. Up front, yes. On the wing he goes missing too often and his pace isn't used as well as when he is up front.

Bidwell needs a rest as his form is dropping.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Moore
Hodson dean moore logan
Forshaw Douglas Dave
Donaldson. Forrester
BWP
 

Team Vs Crawley

I don't agree with Donaldson being 'outstanding' on the wing. Up front, yes. On the wing he goes missing too often and his pace isn't used as well as when he is up front.

Bidwell needs a rest as his form is dropping.

I can take your point with Bidwell but I don't think Barron is the answer in that position.

I disagree re: Donaldson, I think he's more effective on the wing or 'in the channels'. He isn't an out and out striker as he isn't prolific or clinical enough. What he is, is a fantastic footballer and on the wing his pace and selflessness is much needed with 'foxes' in the box in the mould of BWP and Marcello
 

Team Vs Crawley

I don't agree with Donaldson being 'outstanding' on the wing. Up front, yes. On the wing he goes missing too often and his pace isn't used as well as when he is up front.

Bidwell needs a rest as his form is dropping.

I can take your point with Bidwell but I don't think Barron is the answer in that position.

I disagree re: Donaldson, I think he's more effective on the wing or 'in the channels'. He isn't an out and out striker as he isn't prolific or clinical enough. What he is, is a fantastic footballer and on the wing his pace and selflessness is much needed with 'foxes' in the box in the mould of BWP and Marcello
 

Team Vs Crawley

I can take your point with Bidwell but I don't think Barron is the answer in that position.

I disagree re: Donaldson, I think he's more effective on the wing or 'in the channels'. He isn't an out and out striker as he isn't prolific or clinical enough. What he is, is a fantastic footballer and on the wing his pace and selflessness is much needed with 'foxes' in the box in the mould of BWP and Marcello

Donaldson doesn't have the same technical ability as the likes of Forshaw and Forrester but has the pace for a winger. However I think he is at his best when he runs from a central position into the channels, rather than getting the ball out wide and trying to beat someone in a 1v1.

Just my opinion though :)
 

Team Vs Crawley

---------------- Moore ----------------
Logan --- Dean -- Craig --- Bidwell
--------------- L. Moore --------------
-------- Douglas --- Forshaw--------
--------------- Hayes ------------------
------- Donaldson --- BWP ----------

Assumes Harry is injured.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Donaldson doesn't have the same technical ability as the likes of Forshaw and Forrester but has the pace for a winger. However I think he is at his best when he runs from a central position into the channels, rather than getting the ball out wide and trying to beat someone in a 1v1.

Just my opinion though :)

That's what football is about. Opinions. To be fair, I couldn't care less who plays where, as long as we get 3 points. COYB

:sorted:
 

Team Vs Crawley

If we need goals then I can't see why would drop Trotta, he looks like scoring in every match.
I know people don't like him out of the box but in there he's the best we have on current form.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Incident on the M40 closed Junction 4 delays of about an hour for anyone heading to the game from that area...
 

Team Vs Crawley

If we need goals then I can't see why would drop Trotta, he looks like scoring in every match.
I know people don't like him out of the box but in there he's the best we have on current form.

Agree with you. BTW a lot of people do like him and I'm not very clear about why some don't rate him out of the box. He doesn't win much in the air but neither do the others and he holds it up well if it's delivered to feet.Above all he creates his own chances and can get on the end of deliveries into the box but those have been a bit lacking lately. He has mostly played as a sole striker and that's tough. He can't go chasing all along the line.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Agree with you. BTW a lot of people do like him and I'm not very clear about why some don't rate him out of the box. He doesn't win much in the air but neither do the others and he holds it up well if it's delivered to feet.Above all he creates his own chances and can get on the end of deliveries into the box but those have been a bit lacking lately. He has mostly played as a sole striker and that's tough. He can't go chasing all along the line.

He was so unlucky not to score at least one in the 1st half on Saturday and as you say they were something out of nothing chances that he created for himself. His goal against Stevenage was sheer class. He scored against Chelsea( twice as it happens although the useless ref didn't play the advantage). He just looks lazy but that doesn't mean that he is.
 

Team Vs Crawley

Walkin the dogs about 30mins from Crawley, about to set off, if those players don't hustle pretty lively about that pitch then appendages will suffer frost bite, its bloody freezing out there
 

Team Vs Crawley

Moore, Hodson, Moore, Dean, Craig, Douglas, Forshaw, Adeyemi, Saunders, Donaldson, BWP
 

Team Vs Crawley

Why so negative . He is considered by Leicester to be a likely star in the making - just spoke to a friend of mine today who works at Leicester in senior capacity who is very high on him. Big and strong but can play too (that is referring to Moore, not my friend!)

I didn't mean to be negative at all, though I obviously came across that way. I have read all the comments and have high hopes for Liam - that's why I want him in the team!
 

Team Vs Crawley

Wow indeed.

Not too surprised at giving Bidwell a 'rest' but thought Logan had a good game Saturday. Saunders returns-interesting. Uwe tactical genius, the next 90 minutes will tell. Don't think anyone predicted this line-up did they.
 
Back
Top Bottom