Tennis

Tennis

Appreciated, but that's not Novax's fault.
Agreed, but they're realising they are being dudded at just the moment he leaves the arena. I'd say they should be cut some slack.

On the other hand, it's well past time that they tried to crack down on the general behaviour of Aussie tennis crowds, who whoop and cheer at all the wrong moments, especially if there is a local favourite to "support".
 

Tennis

Agreed, but they're realising they are being dudded at just the moment he leaves the arena. I'd say they should be cut some slack.

On the other hand, it's well past time that they tried to crack down on the general behaviour of Aussie tennis crowds, who whoop and cheer at all the wrong moments, especially if there is a local favourite to "support".
Cut Aussies some slack? Maybe not, eh!?

Fully agree with your second paragraph, though.
 

Tennis

Watching Ben Shelton play this morning I realised that I now want the US to be beaten every time they appear in any sport. Strange as I used to be more even balanced about them now it’s just ‘kick their ass!’ .
 

Tennis

Agreed, but they're realising they are being dudded at just the moment he leaves the arena. I'd say they should be cut some slack.

On the other hand, it's well past time that they tried to crack down on the general behaviour of Aussie tennis crowds, who whoop and cheer at all the wrong moments, especially if there is a local favourite to "support".
Same at the US open. Don't get me started on US golf crowds.
 

Tennis

I'm not a fan of Novax, but the crowd booing him for retiring injured is something else. Oh yeah, I forgot - they're Australian!
Remind me about who during Covid lied his arse off, got deported but wasn't banned from Australia as others would have. If I remember it's for 10 years
Respect does work both ways.
 

Tennis

Remind me about who during Covid lied his arse off, got deported but wasn't banned from Australia as others would have. If I remember it's for 10 years
Respect does work both ways.
As I said above, I'm not fan of Novax (can't stand the bloke actually), but, as they say, two wrongs don't make a right.
 

Tennis

Sabalenka will get another chance. Maybe even another chance of three in a row. Whereas it's hard to see Keys getting another chance and she played wonderfully tonight to get a fully deserved win.
 

Tennis

Tennis

Well that was one sided .

Sinner a very comfortable winner ?
He's absolutely incredible.

Mentally as strong as they come. In a few more years I think it's likely he'll be thought of as up with true greats in that department. Djokovic, Rafa, Murray. Never put off by anything. Crowd, opponent, score.

Drug stuff a real shame, but worth noting he's been cleared fully whereas Swiatek for example hasn't. I think... I got bored of keeping up with it all. He definitely got preferential treatment over anyone outside the top 50 by continuing to be allowed to play, which is a load of b***ocks.

As a player, he is unreal.

Alcaraz needs to move on from Ferrero and learn how to play with some tactics. He's the same incredible player now as he was when he was 18. He hasn't improved at all. Only person that could reach a higher level that Sinner is currently at in my opinion.
 

Tennis

Congrats to Keys as well.

One of the best runs to win a slam you'll ever see.

Keys v Swiatek match of the tournament for me. Incredible from both.
 

Tennis

Tennis

The ban timing does seem very convenient though
Started last week
Back for Italian Open then French Open

No major events missed

The hearing was meant to be mid April

Imagine being banned for 3 months from mid May !!
 

Tennis

Sounds distinctly like an accidental use of banned substance but I can’t help but think if it was a lesser name that he’d be banned for much longer regardless of accidental use or not. See Swiatek and her similar one month ban.
I do find it more then strange. A physio with a cut on his hand massaging the feet of a player with apparent open sores on his feet without gloves.
This to me is a fundamental precaution for the physio to wear gloves.This does not pass the smell test.
Crooked tennis strikes again.
 

Tennis

Having avoided Djokovic&Alcaraz lucky bugger has managed to dodge Medvedev in the final as well who retired injured in his quarter final.
 

Tennis

Having avoided Djokovic&Alcaraz lucky bugger has managed to dodge Medvedev in the final as well who retired injured in his quarter final.
Can only beat what's put in front of you.
 

Tennis

Rublev and Andreeva play with no country name next to them
 

Tennis

See Emma has broken another record good on her
 

Tennis

See Emma has broken another record good on her
Best regard her (Covid) US Open title as an outlier in terms of evaluating her true WTA level moving forward....given the context it's unfair to compare to the other GS winners and their subsequent win/loss ratio.
 
Last edited:

Tennis

Does anyone here play tennis regularly? I played a lot as a teen, just with friends around Redlees or the Gumley house school courts.

I took it up again recently and joined the local club, my "ladder league" games are going fantastically well so far ??

Screenshot_20250314-152454~2.png
 

Tennis

Does anyone here play tennis regularly? I played a lot as a teen, just with friends around Redlees or the Gumley house school courts.

I took it up again recently and joined the local club, my "ladder league" games are going fantastically well so far ??

View attachment 53806
You shouldn’t have any trouble finding opponents then!
 

Tennis

Best regard her (Covid) US Open title as an outlier in terms of evaluating her true WTA level moving forward....given the context it's unfair to compare to the other GS winners and their subsequent win/loss ratio.
Bloody hell don't let Banana see this or you're in for a rant :ROFLMAO: I do broadly agree though - it is definitely an outlier based on career record so far but happy to be proven wrong in time.
 

Tennis

Another great win for Draper, into the SF of Indian Wells after beating Ben Shelton in straight Sets.
He should have his own thread considering he is the best British player of either gender... FWIW I think he'll win a slam in the next few years
 

Tennis

He should have his own thread considering he is the best British player of either gender... FWIW I think he'll win a slam in the next few years
No sooner said than done.

 

Tennis

FFS these players drone on and on. I would like to thank the sponsors, you guys for coming along, my opponentshe/he are amazing as is your team blah blah blah. Give her the trophy, say well done on we go.
 

Tennis

Best regard her (Covid) US Open title as an outlier in terms of evaluating her true WTA level moving forward....given the context it's unfair to compare to the other GS winners and their subsequent win/loss ratio.
Why is it unfair ? She won the tournament regardless of the situation, as repeatedly told to us on this forum. People have been slagged off for stating proven facts. This is what the forum is about, different views. Stating that she done it for Queen and Country is to put it mildly the biggest crock of sh*t. We all have different views as I have stated.
 

Tennis

Why is it unfair ? She won the tournament regardless of the situation, as repeatedly told to us on this forum. People have been slagged off for stating proven facts. This is what the forum is about, different views. Stating that she done it for Queen and Country is to put it mildly the biggest crock of sh*t. We all have different views as I have stated.
This is a tennis thread let’s not ruin it by backing up the truck to bang on about Laura Robson mark two
 

Tennis

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom