The Andy Scott Thread

The Andy Scott Thread

all ifs buts and maybes.......imagine the two weeks from footballing hell

Millwall (H) L
Walsall (H) L
Gateshead (H) L
Wycombe (a) L

:eek::eek::eek:

Of course I am not saying this will happen, but if it did, Scotty would be in real danger.

Just imagine if we won them all - or at least 3 and a draw, which I personally think is more realistic that losing all 4.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

If we carry on at the same performances and rate of collecting points throughout the rest of the season we will have acumilated 52 points, bearing in mind that when we played norwich and southampton they were not stringing results together like they are now and the likly hood is that on the return games they will both be above us, if we were to assume that they bth would beat us that would leave us with a tally of 47 points and northampton were relegated with 49, who says dont worry?

I say don't worry.
It's November.
It's not March, or even February.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I like your confidence but what are you basing our sudden resurgence on, wishful thinking?

I believe that Gateshead is a given, I hope that Millwall sees us put in a good shift and come away with something and I believe that Walsall at home is very winnable. Wycombe away depends on whether they have picked up under Waddock but we should have nothing to fear.

I'm not sure that's wishful thinking or just an analysis of the threat the opposition offers. As I say, three wins and a draw is certainly achievable against those teams but I won't be greedy so will take two wins and two draws if I must. :)
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I believe that Gateshead is a given, I hope that Millwall sees us put in a good shift and come away with something and I believe that Walsall at home is very winnable. Wycombe away depends on whether they have picked up under Waddock but we should have nothing to fear.

I'm not sure that's wishful thinking or just an analysis of the threat the opposition offers. As I say, three wins and a draw is certainly achievable against those teams but I won't be greedy so will take two wins and two draws if I must. :)

Is gluttony your hobby or life-style?
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I believe that Gateshead is a given, I hope that Millwall sees us put in a good shift and come away with something and I believe that Walsall at home is very winnable. Wycombe away depends on whether they have picked up under Waddock but we should have nothing to fear.

I'm not sure that's wishful thinking or just an analysis of the threat the opposition offers. As I say, three wins and a draw is certainly achievable against those teams but I won't be greedy so will take two wins and two draws if I must. :)

Gateshead will be tough home draw in next round to spur them on!Millwall will beat us easy on current form, Walsall have onl lost 5 games and won three out of 5 away, wycombe we will as allways be cheated out of a result, i cannot see us winning till carlise at home in january
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Gateshead will be tough home draw in next round to spur them on

Bees by 3 clear goals.

Millwall will beat us easy on current form

It will be tough - let's see if we can raise our game.

Walsall have onl lost 5 games and won three out of 5 away,

We've only lost 6.

wycombe we will as allways be cheated out of a result

Class will tell.

i cannot see us winning till carlise at home in january

You'll enjoy the surprise then. :)
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I believe that Gateshead is a given, I hope that Millwall sees us put in a good shift and come away with something and I believe that Walsall at home is very winnable. Wycombe away depends on whether they have picked up under Waddock but we should have nothing to fear.

I'm not sure that's wishful thinking or just an analysis of the threat the opposition offers. As I say, three wins and a draw is certainly achievable against those teams but I won't be greedy so will take two wins and two draws if I must. :)

I think Wycombe will beat us, they are scoring lots of goals, but conceding plenty too, I can see them scoring possibly 3 against us, but I cant see us getting 3 or more against them.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I dearly want Andy to succeed as a manager and stay with us for the long haul, but last year he seemed to respond quickly to any weaknesses we had but perhaps its financial reasons but he seems to be sitting on his hands when performances are not improving.:(
 

The Andy Scott Thread

December is going to be very, very tough. I predict we will be in the bottom two by the start of January. I hope I am wrong.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Hope you`re right Les, but on current form it is far from " a given" :(

When PJ with his 30 pairs of rose tinted on starts to post,plus its like this its time to be worried,really worried.........................
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Just imagine if we won them all - or at least 3 and a draw, which I personally think is more realistic that losing all 4.

:eek::eek: I would have thought right now, only you and Nick Logan share this prediction......infact, he probably has wins for all 4 :sorted:
 

The Andy Scott Thread

To be fair to Andy, we havent played Leeds or Millwall yet.
Who would you have as a marvelous replacement should Andy be fired ?

I don't think AS will be sacked or should be. However, I do think we have hit the end of the golden honey moon period, although on reflection my comments are bit harsh. Unless we get some new players in January, we may not improve and will sit mid-low in the table. It's a leading question, which I will not yet answer.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Mr Marvellous was base-ing his claim that "Andy can't take us any further" on our chances against Leeds, Charlton, Saints, Norwich and Milllwall.
We have beaten Norwich, played well v Saints, and Charlton (in the 2nd half) and not played the other two.

I am still waiting for anyone who thinks Andy should go, or that Andy will be sacked anytime soon, to come up with an alternative manager....:sorted:

No humble - apologies Mr Smiffybee, I meant that we will not get promoted in the near future!, but (hopefully) we wont go down. A season of consolidation, ahead of us.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I think Wycombe will beat us, they are scoring lots of goals, but conceding plenty too, I can see them scoring possibly 3 against us, but I cant see us getting 3 or more against them.


3 points for Wycombe then :rolleyes:
If as you say they score lots and conceding plenty then we're "doomed"....cos we concede lots and can't score many.....now where is my pools coupon....lol
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I can quie easily, Yes he got us promotion. That was last season, this is now.
Imo this seasons signings have been poor. The quality of football we are(are not Playing) is frankly rubbish. Anyone that thinks otherwise does not know much about football. I also think that Scott was hailed the new messiah a bit too soon. It's not just Scott who should take the blame, it's the players on the pitch, wgo again IMO have under performed. However it is time for management and players to come together, as I sense this has not been the case. b***ocking our players in public is a no no, and does not say much for his man management skills.

Yes, you're right. The standard of football has so far been poor and maybe we did announce him as the messiah a little too early. However, as i said this is his first season in league one as a manager. Perhaps his signings haven't been the greatest but he had a nothing budget to work with. If you expected us to be competing with the likes of Leeds and Charlton then you were bring optimistic as they both have large budgets. Maybe with the cash injections we may be recieving things will take a turn for the better and we will start seeing vast improvements.But even if they don't I still think we should give him more time!
 

The Andy Scott Thread

:eek::eek: I would have thought right now, only you and Nick Logan share this prediction......infact, he probably has wins for all 4 :sorted:


As if !

3 wins and a draw. :sorted:
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I believe that Gateshead is a given, I hope that Millwall sees us put in a good shift and come away with something and I believe that Walsall at home is very winnable. Wycombe away depends on whether they have picked up under Waddock but we should have nothing to fear.

I'm not sure that's wishful thinking or just an analysis of the threat the opposition offers. As I say, three wins and a draw is certainly achievable against those teams but I won't be greedy so will take two wins and two draws if I must. :)

Les whatever it is that you are taking can you patent it then sell the rights to Glaxo so we can use the money to buy new players!!!

Milwall and Wycombe, cant see us getting anything Gateshead....if we dont win then I suggest that AS will need a tin helmit for the flack that will be flying!!:rolleyes:
 

The Andy Scott Thread

i think Andy Scott is past his "Display Until" date but not his "Best Before" date. Maybe he should be in the "Reduced" section. Or we could freeze him?

:thetruth: :idea:
 

The Andy Scott Thread

he'll be fine microwaved to **** at 3 in the morning when i'm sh*tfaced.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Mr Marvellous was base-ing his claim that "Andy can't take us any further" on our chances against Leeds, Charlton, Saints, Norwich and Milllwall.
We have beaten Norwich, played well v Saints, and Charlton (in the 2nd half) and not played the other two.

I am still waiting for anyone who thinks Andy should go, or that Andy will be sacked anytime soon, to come up with an alternative manager....:sorted:

Fair enough. I thought his point was more that it's annoying to hear AS saying that we're "punching above our weight" when he's talking about the Leyton Orients of this world.

And there aren't many on here who are really calling for his head are there? I think there's just a bit of a backlash against the "AS is the messiah, everything is rosy in the garden and we'll be in the Championship by teatime now Benham's on board" bandwagon that was rolling early in the season.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
...................
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
............
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
...................
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
............
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?

Is this a joke ?
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
...................
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
............
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?


This division is a really strong one this year, and last year's Div 2 was really weak. If any mistakes have been made, it is possibly Andy's failure to recognise that. However, he in all likelihood did recognise that, but what could he do? We are not in a position to buy a players of the calibre of those at Millwall, Charlton, Leeds, So'ton etc., so maybe AS knew from very early on that we would struggle with the players available. I hope the Board recognise that too.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Les whatever it is that you are taking can you patent it then sell the rights to Glaxo so we can use the money to buy new players!!!

Milwall and Wycombe, cant see us getting anything Gateshead....if we dont win then I suggest that AS will need a tin helmit for the flack that will be flying!!:rolleyes:


Why do you think we are incapable of getting anything at Wycombe may i ask ? This is the same Wycombe who are bottom of the division i assume ?
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
...................
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
............
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?

You vill be added to ze list. :)
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
...................
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
............
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?

Bit harsh- I'd say 4
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Last season our back 4 felt confident with Hamer behind them. All defenders like a permanent no1. I think AS made a mistake taking thinking that competition for all places works. If it's not working for Benitez then it certainly won't at this level. Players need to feel confident to get the best out of them - that's what we had last season. Our efforts in front of goal show that we're not confident. We've been unlucky with injuries, but AS should have done a better job of putting together a more balanced squad, especially when it comes to defensive roles. We have too many wingers/strikers and not enough central midfield players. Cort is improving well - so now we have Charlie, Strevens, and Kabba trying to slot in somewhere... and Woody, Saunders, Taylor, and Weston 'fighting it out'. Options in the centre??? Options in defence now Phillips is out???
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Last season our back 4 felt confident with Hamer behind them. All defenders like a permanent no1. I think AS made a mistake taking thinking that competition for all places works. If it's not working for Benitez then it certainly won't at this level. Players need to feel confident to get the best out of them - that's what we had last season. Our efforts in front of goal show that we're not confident. We've been unlucky with injuries, but AS should have done a better job of putting together a more balanced squad, especially when it comes to defensive roles. We have too many wingers/strikers and not enough central midfield players. Cort is improving well - so now we have Charlie, Strevens, and Kabba trying to slot in somewhere... and Woody, Saunders, Taylor, and Weston 'fighting it out'. Options in the centre??? Options in defence now Phillips is out???

Whether they are good enough may be another question, but I don't think you can say we lack options at CB: we have Bennett, Phillips, Wilson, Osborne and Legge who would consider it their main position, so 5 players for 2 places should be enough (plus Kev in an emergency).

We do lack options in CM, and did up front while Charlie and Strevens were injured
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
...................
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
............
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?

I get the feeling that some posters on this thread will get a lot of enjoyment out of Andy Scott being sacked? Maybe its me but it does not make sense, and will set the club back again if it happens. No wonder we find it difficult to progress to the next level with support like this.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I'm hoping that some genius plan or bit of luck will happen soon.

Change of formation. Opponents get three sent off or something. We get somebody who knows how to control the midfield in on loan. Whatever.

I know we look poo at the moment but we don't look 2 divisions off the pace like we did in the Rosenior & Fitz season.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I get the feeling that some posters on this thread will get a lot of enjoyment out of Andy Scott being sacked? Maybe its me but it does not make sense, and will set the club back again if it happens. No wonder we find it difficult to progress to the next level with support like this.


Nail hit firmly on head.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

No joke pal,I'm deadly serious.

Me too. Noone sees this side as in any way comparable to the LS side which was totally shot. But 49 years watching the bees tells me this side will be in the bottom six with a real danger of being in the drop zone. We make a poor impression on the teams in our bit of the league [ sorry it's the bottom half]. As has been said, we got lucky meeting the likes of Norwich when they were in the bedding-in bit of the season. If we get a poor points return in November, then there's got to be some accountability. People are asking who comes in if AS goes ?That's a recipe for disaster as it implies that the ship just goes on sinking. It's a matter for the Board to sort out.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be proved wrong over the next month but I doubt it. What irks is that we probably need one good signing on loan to revitalise it at least and perhaps get a bit of confidence back.
I really hope that I'm wrong but this side has got the bad smell of failure about it just like a team on the up smells of success.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

This division is a really strong one this year....

Why does everyone keep trotting out this excuse? Other than Leeds, no team has reached 30 points from 15 games (exactly the same as in 4 of the past 5 years). None of Charlton, Norwich or Southampton have a goal difference into double figures.

There have always been a couple of historically "bigger" teams languishing in the third tier: ten years ago it was Preston, Burnley, Stoke etc; twenty it was Bolton, Birmingham, Fulham; in the late 70s it was Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United.

The rest of the top half of the table is made up of MK Dons, Colchester, Huddersfield, Millwall, Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Southend, Hartlepool and Walsall... are you seriously telling me we haven't competed successfully with them over the past 10, 20, 30 years or that these are "really strong" opponents in the context of League One?

The summer signings haven't shown themselves to be good enough yet, the squad's unbalanced, injuries haven't helped and as good as Andy was last year at marshalling resources he's been poor this year. We're where we are because we've been rubbish since early September (8 goals in 10 games) not because the oppo has been terrific. Andy deserves a fair crack at turning it round (as did Ferguson at Posh), because he showed last year how well his teams could play. However, it's not disloyal or unsupportive to say that we deserve to see signs of improvement rather than excuses as currently, in today speak, we're not fit for purpose.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
...................
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
............
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?

3 of the 4 teams we play away are 21st, 23rd and 24th on current form over 8 games. Millwall and Walsall are 11th and 15th on current form away from home - i.e. not great travellers. We have drawn with Southampton away and no one will convince me that Colchester are unbeatable at our place. We put in a good shift against Charlton and can do the same again.

No one's doubting that it will be tough - all games in this division will be - but you have us down as the worst team and bound to be relegated and I'm afraid the facts don't back up your argument.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

3 of the 4 teams we play away are 21st, 23rd and 24th on current form over 8 games. Millwall and Walsall are 11th and 15th on current form away from home - i.e. not great travellers. We have drawn with Southampton away and no one will convince me that Colchester are unbeatable at our place. We put in a good shift against Charlton and can do the same again.

No one's doubting that it will be tough - all games in this division will be - but you have us down as the worst team and bound to be relegated and I'm afraid the facts don't back up your argument.

Walsall are 9th best away from home, millwall are 15th
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
...................
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
............
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?

This post is the exact same as you posted in the Gateshead Match Reports Thread. Did you not get enough of a reaction the first time ? :rolleyes: If you honestly believe that we'll win only two points from the next 10 league games, especially bearing in mind some of the team's we're playng, you're mental quite frankly.

The only surprise is that you didn't begin your post with some drivel about being against AS's appointment in the first place, something which you've seened so keen to mention at every given opportunity since our form dipped. :rolleyes:
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Why does everyone keep trotting out this excuse? .

There have always been a couple of historically "bigger" teams languishing in the third tier: ten years ago it was Preston, Burnley, Stoke etc; twenty it was Bolton, Birmingham, Fulham; in the late 70s it was Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United.

You missed Sunderland and Man City some where in this, plus we played Sheffield Wed and Notts Forrest under MA years.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

This post is the exact same as you posted in the Gateshead Match Reports Thread. Did you not get enough of a reaction the first time ? :rolleyes: If you honestly believe that we'll win only two points from the next 10 league games, especially bearing in mind some of the team's we're playng, you're mental quite frankly.

The only surprise is that you didn't begin your post with some drivel about being against AS's appointment in the first place, something which you've seened so keen to mention at every given opportunity since our form dipped. :rolleyes:



Ok,fair comment. I've said my bit and no body will be happier than me if i'm proved wrong. Time will tell I guess.
 
Back
Top Bottom