The Next Step???

The Next Step???

Clyde had open trials under Graham Roberts one season and they went on to knock Celtic out of the cup.:idea:
 

The Next Step???

My understanding is that groups must demonstrate they have equal funds in place to those they ask for.

If memory serves me right didn't the FLT threaten to take funding away if we didn't use the money they granted us because we were taking so long to come up with the readies?


Not necessarily.
Some schemes will pay up to 90% of cost!
We need to get investment and backing for this.
Partnerships?
Sponsors?
Charities?
 

The Next Step???

We could get Simon Cowell to judge and reap the money in the illegal Brentford Idol phone system scam.:sorted: We could have Peter Gilham as the nice judge and Mylene for her norks.
 

The Next Step???

I'd like to see more open day trials approach several times a season

You cannot hold "open trials" for kids under sixteen. These are FL/Premiership rules.

Any kids that are taken on trial must sign a registration form that binds them to the club in question for a six week period.
 

The Next Step???

Clyde had open trials under Graham Roberts one season and they went on to knock Celtic out of the cup.:idea:

I don't believe many if any of the team that did that though were actually players they had gained from the open trial. :fishing:
They originally whittle dout about 20 possibles, but from memory of a Graham Roberts interview they only actually signed a couple, the rebuilding of the team came from usual methods.
 

The Next Step???

I don't believe many if any of the team that did that though were actually players they had gained from the open trial. :fishing:
They originally whittle dout about 20 possibles, but from memory of a Graham Roberts interview they only actually signed a couple, the rebuilding of the team came from usual methods.
I read that over 2000 turned up and he took on quite a few.:eek: This was 3 years ago and my memory is probably sh*te.
 

The Next Step???

:imwith:
Often wondered why clubs like ours dont have these every year. Nothing to lose and who knows we might discover a gem.
Been discussed ad nauseum before but a bigger issue for me is the lack of a reserve team which means our kids have to go straight from youth team to first team without getting games under their belts. Our youngsters are well and truly thrown into the deep end at GP..........:nono:

I have already suggested an under 21 side in Suburban League!:fishing:
They are keen on this IF we approach them.
It is a starting point but we might need stronger league!
Midweek Capital League?:fishing:
Combination?:fishing:
http://www.capitalleague.co.uk/
http://www.sfl.leaguemanager.biz/

[URL="http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ReserveNewsDetail/0,,10794~675273,00.html"]http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ReserveNewsDetail/0,,10794~675273,00.html
 

The Next Step???

You cannot hold "open trials" for kids under sixteen. These are FL/Premiership rules.

Any kids that are taken on trial must sign a registration form that binds them to the club in question for a six week period.

:fishing:
17 and over?:rolleyes:
 

The Next Step???

I read that over 2000 turned up and he took on quite a few.:eek: This was 3 years ago and my memory is probably sh*te.

You are right many 100's turned up, but they whittled down to about 20 from that, X Factor style and eventually ended up with a couple signing a contract.
It was a publicity stunt in all fairness and highlighted their plight, so it could be a decent approach to take, as long as expectations are that we will discover the new Rooney.
 

The Next Step???

I'll leave it to you to organise that then. :D


Bloody hell Mark. How hard can it be to set up for early July?:rolleyes:
I don't get paid by BFC to do this.:(
This is a fantastic opportunity to up the clubs profile and, possibly, unearth some fresh talent.:sorted:
I'll stick my neck out here and suggest over 1,000 aged 17 and over will turn up FROM ALL OVER THE UK!!!!:wave:
(Assuming the club advertises it properly)!:rolleyes:
 

The Next Step???

I will send 20 players and I bet we sign at least one on some sort of terms!!!!:wave:
 

The Next Step???

You cannot hold "open trials" for kids under sixteen. These are FL/Premiership rules.

Any kids that are taken on trial must sign a registration form that binds them to the club in question for a six week period.

Offer trials to players between 16-18 then?

Why is it such a waste of time, it's just opening another possible avenue. I can't stand the negative attitude when things haven't even been tried.

I'm sure there's ways around the open trials rules, hold a tournament and if anyone impreses then take them on trial.

Sod it, some of the fans could even do this and have Brentford sponsor it, the more players you look at the more chance of finding them. People really under-estimate the amount of players out there who are very talented and don't actually play for a club or have a way into football.
 

The Next Step???

Offer trials to players between 16-18 then?

Why is it such a waste of time, it's just opening another possible avenue. I can't stand the negative attitude when things haven't even been tried.

I'm sure there's ways around the open trials rules, hold a tournament and if anyone impreses then take them on trial.

Sod it, some of the fans could even do this and have Brentford sponsor it, the more players you look at the more chance of finding them. People really under-estimate the amount of players out there who are very talented and don't actually play for a club or have a way into football.

Maybe people at GP don't want to work hard enough for the club?:fishing:
There is a lot of old tosh written on the GPG sometimes but this morning, I have seen more positivity.:sorted:
I don't care who gets any credit but I hope the club take on board the serious suggestions placed on here at the very least!:rolleyes:
And isn't it about time a few more fans stepped up to the plate and contributed?
I am here if asked!:fishing: (despite my other commitments)!
 

The Next Step???

I think that the rebuilding should start now.

Came away from the game thinking that that was the game rubberstamped our fate. Felt gutted even though, in all honesty I think we'd gone long before.

Give the players who will be here next season, the shirt.
Those who arent, get rid. To be frank some of the displays have been nothing short of disgraceful, embarassing and insulting to those who follow the club through all seasons in some of the colons of the country. Do 11 men really need a snarling manager on the sidelines to put an extra 10 - 20 % in? Does a professional need a kick up the backside? Does the shirt mean that much?

Scott Fitzgerald dosent deserve the flak. Hes been honest in is assesment of the games and was given the impossible job and inherited

The fans have been top always have been - when teams like Swansea, Cardiff, Fulham, Hull and the like were in the preverbial, they were getting 2- 3,000. Weve got a hardcore of 5,000 - 6,000 who Allen called "Bankers". Shows the potential of the club.
You cant question the loyalty given the prices have gone up and have sold our best players that have been vital in getting us anywhere successful (yet again).
Youve got to look at the current squad of players and ask are they arsed and given the reaction Saturday and over the season - its clear they arent. All well and good being defiant in the paper and saying were going to get it right and then bottle it on a Saturday. If football and business go hand in hand now then the players - employees if you will should be given their P45's for gross misconduct.

Players like Ide, Masters, Osbourne, Kuffour and Abbey should be commended for their efforts. Senior players like Heywood, Pinault, Willock, Brooker, Skulason I could go on and on should be ashamed for their efforts. Its all more so disappointing given the fact that its a sh*te league. Only Northampton and Swansea have come close to impressing. Only really Southend and Colchester last year.

The fact a group of kids and a loanee have shown more fight for the shirt than established pros shows how far weve slipped.

The futures the kids. Suggest rather than set up a transfer fund (Shipperley and Keith have been good signings though) and put the thousands into the youth scheme. Londons a hotbed of talent and lets face it, a decent kids going to have more of a chance of making it at BFC than Chelsea or Arsenal. If we had a well invested youth set up, parents might think about sending them our way than to clubs who would rather buy abroad than promote from within.

In the short term, if we want to hit the ground running in league 2, weve got to give the players for next season the shirts to give them the experience of first team football.
 

The Next Step???

Who can clarify who is here for certs next season now that we are down in all bar name ?

Heywood
Mousinho
Frampton
O'Connor
Ide
Kuffour (1 yr option I believe)
Osbourne ?

I personally would only "want" to keep O'Connor (despite his poor form this year), Kuffour, Ide (must play up front , not on the wing) & try to sign Ben Abbey who has been top notch despite his reputation & perhaps one or two others but that is all.

As one of our little group commented Saturday, not so much an end of season car boot sale of unwanted rubbish players, "just hire a skip & drive them down the dump"
 

The Next Step???

Who can clarify who is here for certs next season now that we are down in all bar name ?

Heywood
Mousinho
Frampton
O'Connor
Ide
Kuffour (1 yr option I believe)
Osbourne ?

I personally would only "want" to keep O'Connor (despite his poor form this year), Kuffour, Ide (must play up front , not on the wing) & try to sign Ben NATHAN !! Abbey who has been top notch despite his reputation & perhaps one or two others but that is all.

As one of our little group commented Saturday, not so much an end of season car boot sale of unwanted rubbish players, "just hire a skip & drive them down the dump"


read some threads!

Kuffour definately not as BFC have no 'option' on him.

Heywood, O'Connor, Frampton, Brooker, Tillen, Mousinho and Carder-Andrews definates.

Charles, Ide, Masters, Osborne, (Brown, Dark 2nd year juniors i believe) unsure as to whether they were only given 1 year contracts.

the rest: Nelson, Pinault, Griffiths, Owusu, Shipperley, Keith, Rhodes, Willock, Peters, Abbey all out of contract.
 
Last edited:

The Next Step???

Tillen has another year I believe, but we don't have an option on Jo.

Looking promising, eh!!!
 

The Next Step???

Who can clarify who is here for certs next season now that we are down in all bar name ?

Heywood
Mousinho
Frampton
O'Connor
Ide
Kuffour (1 yr option I believe)
Osbourne ?

I personally would only "want" to keep O'Connor (despite his poor form this year), Kuffour, Ide (must play up front , not on the wing) & try to sign Ben Abbey who has been top notch despite his reputation & perhaps one or two others but that is all.

As one of our little group commented Saturday, not so much an end of season car boot sale of unwanted rubbish players, "just hire a skip & drive them down the dump"


Assume you mean Nathan not Ben

Whats left is hardly inspiring though.

Yet another massive rebuild for the occupant of the office with "Manager" on the door
 

The Next Step???

I think most Brentford fans should get used to the fact that Lloyd Owusu and Jo Kuffour will not be playing at Brentford FC next season as they will no doubt by May have deals fixed up elsewhere.

On the plus side, I can hardly wait for June 30th this year when a large quantity of Brentford players will be rightly booted out.


Would any reasonable club want to take a risk on Lloyd with his inhury record at GP and also at Wednesday & Reading ? I wouldn't to be honest.

If we can keep Abbey , Kuffour, Ide I will be happy. Most of the others would trouble to beat a motivated Ryman's league side.
 

The Next Step???

I think most Brentford fans should get used to the fact that Lloyd Owusu and Jo Kuffour will not be playing at Brentford FC next season as they will no doubt by May have deals fixed up elsewhere.

On the plus side, I can hardly wait for June 30th this year when a large quantity of Brentford players will be rightly booted out.

No doubt to be replaced by a bunch of misfits who's key criteria will be "must be cheap".
 

The Next Step???

I thought Carder-Andrews was meant to be a talent.

I'd personally want to see Charles, Carder-Andrews, Ide, Osborne, Peters, Mousinho and Tillen (Left wing) start the rest of the games this season. The loan signings have made no real difference to results and there is no point what so ever using them if they're not here next season. Let these young players play with no pressure on their back or expectation against league one teams this season and hopefully they will find it much easier next season. If this happens it will then be our responisibilty as supporters to really get behind them, give them a chance and not get on their backs. We can build their confidence with encouragement.

Hopefully Osborne will be put at Centre back alongside Frampton or Heywood with Charles at left back and O'Connor right back.

Give Owusu the captains armband for the rest of the season and let him lead our youngsters like the true role model he is :sorted:
 

The Next Step???

There are 90 odd clubs in the top 4 divisions in England and I think there are far more than 90 capable managers so this "who would want us" crap is not for me. I'm more worried that we don't have capable people choosing.
We need to know who is our manager for next season so that he can approach people in Jo's situation and try and get them on board. We know who is leaving and should now let the loans players go if we can and not expect a manager to transform in in 3 weeks ala Leroy after MA's prolonged resignation followed up by Greg's pretence that we were interviewing and needed a few weeks to decide before we took him on.
Our manager needs the rest of the season to see what we've got and strengthen whilst players are concerned about next season and not be left with the Pinaults of this world.
 

The Next Step???

I'm more worried that we don't have capable people choosing.

Well, we had 4 board members who were barred from the Fitz selection because of the mess made with Leroy. If Fitz goes and we follow the same practise, it looks like it will be down to Mr Gilham.
 

The Next Step???

There are 90 odd clubs in the top 4 divisions in England and I think there are far more than 90 capable managers so this "who would want us" crap is not for me. I'm more worried that we don't have capable people choosing.
We need to know who is our manager for next season so that he can approach people in Jo's situation and try and get them on board. We know who is leaving and should now let the loans players go if we can and not expect a manager to transform in in 3 weeks ala Leroy after MA's prolonged resignation followed up by Greg's pretence that we were interviewing and needed a few weeks to decide before we took him on.
Our manager needs the rest of the season to see what we've got and strengthen whilst players are concerned about next season and not be left with the Pinaults of this world.

Spot on, until this is done we're still moving backwards. This is probably the most important time in our recent history, we need to know who's steering the ship before we re-hire the crew. (a new manager could bring out the best in some of our current players, shocking hey)

3 weeks with a low budget doens't give you may options with signing players, nor does coming in during xmas. Give the new guy the whole close season pleeeaaassseeeeee.
 

The Next Step???

I like SpiderBees idea on having trials over the summer. Could be a long term option I reckon.

I suppose the first issue though is having the team in place to select who to bring in. Is Fitz staying etc?

Hopefully the likes of Ide, Osbourne, Carter Andrews, Mousinho (perhaps even Peters ?) can become solid regulars next season.

I would not have a problem with Tillen, O Connor or Frampton sticking around but the weakness and lack of experience up the spine of the potential 07/08 team is a bit scary.
 

The Next Step???

Well, we had 4 board members who were barred from the Fitz selection because of the mess made with Leroy. If Fitz goes and we follow the same practise, it looks like it will be down to Mr Gilham.


But the latest selection was down to one man who wasn't/isn't even a board member.:rolleyes:

Most of them were blown away by Patterson but he read the GPG and "outnegotiated" his position.:rolleyes:
 

The Next Step???

Well yes King Bee but your father is on the Bees United board so you must be well aware that given the structure of the relationship between the holding company and its subsidiary then absolutely nothing can be done about it.

I take issue with you however regarding the "mess they found themselves in when they inherited the business from Noades". Bees United had been running the business since March 2003 and must have been fully aware of what it was taking on. It's the same as the Fitz situation........you take something on with the full knowledge of the facts and it's then your mess. If you don't feel that you have the full story then you find out before you decide whether you want the challenge.

What I suspect a lot of supporters do not understand is how the Bees United bar has been lowered from where they were talking about running the business at break-even (before or after interest depending upon who was doing the talking) to now having a built in loss of £500k plus before each season starts and with the Managing Director telling us that we had to find a million quid either from additional income or from cost-cutting just to keep going for the next couple of years.....no complaints about that statement as it ties in with the structured loss.......I'm just amazed at how the business could have been so misunderstood.

We don't seem to get a quarterly "financial flash report" anymore either on the BU or BFC official websites and maybe that's just as well for the sake of our blood pressure. It seems that we are all agreed that we shall break-even on paper for the financial year ending May 31 2007 because of the £700k plus windfall transfer income. We then kick off the new financial year/season with a built in loss of £500k and where we are presumably praying that the add-ons for Sodje and DJ materialise. abee's "Law of Business #23" states that any subsidiary General Manager who presents a budget to me and even once uses the word "ideally" under questioning is booted out of the room.......no one has however ever tried the "Xmas wish list" approach though I have to admit. That would probably render me speechless.....well maybe not..... more likely homicidal.

:wave:

abee, I quite agree with you but am little bit more diplomatic. This was my own personal opinion and not anyone on the board or my father's (he is in Bulgaria and I'm currently on business in New York). The BU board knew what they were inheriting and had something that was salvagable, instead the subsequent decisions they made exacerbated the situation. My major issue was the singling out of Dyke on this thread earlier, quite what people expect from him when he himself was a BU appointee is very difficult for me to fathom. I think BU needs to look at itself in cold light and decide whether the current status quo will enable the club to achieve its aims.
 

The Next Step???

but the weakness and lack of experience up the spine..

its been a problem this year too i.e. no backbone...spineless gits!
 

The Next Step???

I thought Carder-Andrews was meant to be a talent.

I'd personally want to see Charles, Carder-Andrews, Ide, Osborne, Peters, Mousinho and Tillen (Left wing) start the rest of the games this season.
Hopefully Osborne will be put at Centre back alongside Frampton or Heywood with Charles at left back and O'Connor right back.

:

If Tillen and Osborne are the future, I'll pack it in now. :eek:
 

The Next Step???

My team would be

GK - Nelson\Abbey roatate them

RB - O'Connor

LB - Charles

CB - Frampton\Heywood

CB - Osborne

RM - Ide

LM - Tillen\Keith

CM - Mousinho

CM - Carder-Andrews

ST - Owusu (C)

ST - Kuffour\Peters

Having 2 decent strikers upfront who can actually score might bring out the confidence in the younger players more. Who knows, if we do well for the rest of the season we might keep one of Kuffour or Owusu.
 

The Next Step???

My team would be

GK - Nelson\Abbey roatate them

RB - O'Connor

LB - Charles

CB - Frampton\Heywood

CB - Osborne

RM - Ide

LM - Tillen\Keith

CM - Mousinho

CM - Carder-Andrews

ST - Owusu (C)

ST - Kuffour\Peters

Having 2 decent strikers upfront who can actually score might bring out the confidence in the younger players more. Who knows, if we do well for the rest of the season we might keep one of Kuffour or Owusu.

The only way i would rotate Nelson would be on a barbque with a spit through him..
 

The Next Step???

I'll stick my neck out here and suggest over 1,000 aged 17 and over will turn up FROM ALL OVER THE UK!!!!:wave:

What would happen if that happened? How would you be able to trial that many, most of whom would not have played above sunday park football? :rolleyes: :fishing:
 

The Next Step???

Adams eager for management role

By Charlie Henderson

Micky Adams is ready to return to management after two months on the footballing sidelines.

And Adams, who was sacked as Coventry boss in January, is willing to drop down the divisions to achieve that aim.

The 46-year-old told BBC Sport: "I'm a football manager, I'd like to get back in and am not too bothered where it is.

"I started out with Fulham when they were 91st in the league pyramid and if I have to go back down to that level to re-invent myself then I will."

Adams, who has also managed Swansea, Brentford, Nottingham Forest, Brighton and Leicester, is confident an opening will soon arise.

"The Easter period is a time when directors and clubs look at their managerial situation and decide whether to stick with what they have got and give a manager more time or make the change," he added.
 

The Next Step???

How would it be quick and easy Gee Bee?
If it's that 'quick and easy' maybe you could sort it out.....:fishing:

It was a question hense the ????? :wave:
 

The Next Step???

I doubt it will be quick and easy Gee Bee what do you think?

:wave:

Well we have managed Refreshing Solutions stand, why not others or a complete name change. Maybe not quick or easy, but certainly possible?
It's an idea that's all, and I was simply highlighting what Gillingham have done, are we not aloud to have them unless we can complete the job ourselves. :rolleyes:
 

The Next Step???

Well we have managed Refreshing Solutions stand, why not others or a complete name change. Maybe not quick or easy, but certainly possible?
It's an idea that's all, and I was simply highlighting what Gillingham have done, are we not aloud to have them unless we can complete the job ourselves. :rolleyes:

I agree the idea is certainly possible, but I would have thought getting £100k plus from a company would be difficult!
I was only suggesting that you could do it, as I was under impression that you thought it was quick and easy!!!
 

The Next Step???

I agree the idea is certainly possible, but I would have thought getting £100k plus from a company would be difficult!
I was only suggesting that you could do it, as I was under impression that you thought it was quick and easy!!!

It might be quick & easy, won't know until someone try to market the idea. Maybe they already are who knows.
All I know about the marketing division is that both my friend and I have used the corporate facilities this season, they have our contact details and not once have they come back to see if we would like to use the facility again. Which seems strange as they always seem to have plenty of free spaces.
 
Back
Top Bottom