Thomas Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Frank

Hopefully, the beginning of a Brentford "boot room" tradition. Liverpool's boot room, following Bill Shankley's retirement, produced Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Kenny Dalglish and Ronnie Moran - decades of success before running into the sands with Graeme Souness.

Brentford the Liverpool of the lower leagues? Has a ring about it.
 

Thomas Frank

Hopefully, the beginning of a Brentford "boot room" tradition. Liverpool's boot room, following Bill Shankley's retirement, produced Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Kenny Dalglish and Ronnie Moran - decades of success before running into the sands with Graeme Souness.

Brentford the Liverpool of the lower leagues? Has a ring about it.

How far down the list is Betino?
 

Thomas Frank

Very happy we have kept with our tradition of replacing with better (Hopefully)internally,here’s hoping Thomas can take us to the next level and maybe he will get his own song ��
 

Thomas Frank

Congratulations Thomas ,very excited for the future.Could someone just check who he supported as a boy.
 

Thomas Frank

Delighted with that. Good luck Thomas.
 

Thomas Frank

My dear old daddy taught me to Never trust a man with two first names. For that reason I’m out
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas will be looking for someone with a good engine for the midfield

Rumour is he will bring Phil holder in as number two? (Fat controller gag)
 

Thomas Frank

Are we formal or informal...Known as Thomas or Frank. (or have I just confused myself)
 

Thomas Frank

Good interview with him.

I wonder if he'll just go with the one assistant rather than two? I'd imagine that Smith would have been quite happy with just O'Kelly as his number two but I guess the club knew that they were joined at the hip and would inevitably leave together so I suspect the decision to bring in another coach was the club's decision rather than Smith pushing for it.
 

Thomas Frank

Frank goodness for that. The right appointment.

I'll get my coat...
 

Thomas Frank

We know that coaches/mangers last a short while, and that the ready replacement should be sitting at the right hand of the current coach (as per this experience). I'll bet there's at least two assistants/apprentices by November.

I wonder if he'll just go with the one assistant rather than two? I'd imagine that Smith would have been quite happy with just O'Kelly as his number two but I guess the club knew that they were joined at the hip and would inevitably leave together so I suspect the decision to bring in another coach was the club's decision rather than Smith pushing for it.
 

Thomas Frank

Good comment on Facebook from a Dane:

Class manager. Only Brøndby coach, I’ll ever Liked. Also look at The bigger point of view. Good tactic manager aswell. Good Luck, Thomas! From Denmark ??
 

Thomas Frank

Sensible decision, and one we all knew was coming. The transition should be fairly smooth and hopefully it can take us to the next level tactically. Should be an interesting few months...
 

Thomas Frank

Very pleased with this. Seems well liked and respected by the players and clearly had a lot of input on our style of play. Will be interesting to see who comes in to assist and also whether he makes any tactical/personnel changes on sat.. good luck Thomas!!
 

Thomas Frank

Excellent appointment hopefully they bring him in a couple of coaches to help him soon hopefully he will be allowed to choose one his self and the other will be Ben garner
now promotion is a realistic goal

Promotion was always with Dean imo.
 

Thomas Frank

Every Brentford fan will be four square behind him. I believe he and the players will not let the fans down.
 

Thomas Frank

Welcome aboard Thomas

Oh hold on a minute
 

Thomas Frank

I wonder if his appointment will get as much media coverage as DS going to JT's Villa.....
 

Thomas Frank

Wow I won some money when I placed a bet at 1-6. Easy money.

Good choice. Upwards and upwards.

I got 1-4 but was beginning to think Brentford might spring a surprise on me.

4/9 here but was still worried that the club might look elsewhere after fans' forum comments. I'm £4.44 richer that'll pay for 15 mins at QPR :shrug:
 

Thomas Frank

He's got the gig later than he (or Phil and Ras) probably expected. I wish him well, Thomas is a great guy. He LOVES the english game and uprooted his family to come over here and take a gamble on the Brentford project; that shows his drive and he deserves our patience and what's more, backing.

Will be fascinating to see his first XI pick on Saturday.
 

Thomas Frank

A big sigh of relief all round, a very wise choice, the continuity continues and no unsettling of the players, we seem to improve with each change of head coach, long may the Brentford "method" continue.:thumbsup:
 

Thomas Frank

Hes probably in a better position not having to follow a 'big personality', I hope he has a honeymoon period and the results are kind. He had an immediate impact when came in as Ass Coach before so it could happen.
 

Thomas Frank

He's got the gig later than he (or Phil and Ras) probably expected. I wish him well, Thomas is a great guy. He LOVES the english game and uprooted his family to come over here and take a gamble on the Brentford project; that shows his drive and he deserves our patience and what's more, backing.

Will be fascinating to see his first XI pick on Saturday.

He looks like a premier league manager. Don’t know why or how, but he has a face for MOTD interviews.
 

Thomas Frank

cast your minds back, brothers and sisters, to when Uwe left us for a bigger club. We promoted from within and excelled. Got a good feeling about this appointment.
 

Thomas Frank

Are we formal or informal...Known as Thomas or Frank. (or have I just confused myself)

After the last couple of nights, SSN will probably start announcing us as ‘Frank Thomas’s Brentford’...

...Henceforth the initials TF will refer to the Head Coach, and not ‘transfer’....

Congrats Thomas.
 

Thomas Frank

After a lifetime of being called Paul Barry I suspect he’s used to Frank Thomas
Let’s be thankful his surname isn’t John
 

Thomas Frank

Now we need the DoF’s to back him and stop any sale of our players in January
 

Thomas Frank

cast your minds back, brothers and sisters, to when Uwe left us for a bigger club. We promoted from within and excelled. Got a good feeling about this appointment.
Absolutely.
Been saying for the last couple of weeks we might well be looking back on a DS move to Villa at the end of the season and thinking they did us a favour. I can’t think we would have been in a position where he would have been sacked, but really am wondering if he could/should have been looking to get more out of our squad. I see this very much as a Rosler/Warburton situation and can see TF giving us the extra 10% we need to get over the line.
Really excited by this and reckon we’ll fly now!!!
Saturday’s game is massive now......get a win an we’re off to a flyer.....2 fingers up at the likes of Redknapp, Cotten, Samuels et al!!! And just imagine if we do get promoted this season after all this. Finally ultimate recognition for the visionary genius that is Matthew Benham!!!
COME ON!!!!! YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas Frank sounds like a John le Carré character. Keep thinking Gary Oldman
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom