Thomas Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Frank

Must be very difficult for supporters of various other clubs watching those videos. We are a well run club, have a great manager, no dickheads, financially stable, the freezing of season ticket prices for next season, fixing prices for under 18s at £10 etc etc. I don't think some on here realise how lucky we are. Whatever happens from here we have won already in my book.
 

Thomas Frank

FFS, don’t anybody show this to @rebus
Confirmation of the ridiculous explosion in the number of chefs at BFC and TF is totally complicit !
I reckon we've got far more chefs than Restuarant Gordon Ramsey and The Fat Duck put together!
 

Thomas Frank

Article on BBC Sport website:

Chelsea are "maybe the best team in the Premier League right now", says Brentford manager Thomas Frank.

Enzo Maresca, who replaced Mauricio Pochettino in June, has led the Blues to six straight wins in all competitions before hosting Frank's Brentford at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Four successive league wins have taken Chelsea second in the table, four points behind leaders Liverpool.
"They are maybe even more in-form than Liverpool, even though they are top of the league," said Frank.
"They are playing incredible football and are well-coached. Maresca has done a top job so far with his coaching staff and they look extremely dangerous."
Premier League top scorers Chelsea followed up a 4-3 win at Tottenham with a 3-1 win over Astana in the Europa Conference League on Thursday and Maresca's side have registered 15 goals in their past four games in all competitions.
Brentford are ninth after beating Newcastle 4-2 last weekend. But while the Bees have been formidable at home so far this season they have taken just one point from a possible 21 away.
They do, however, have an encouraging record at Stamford Bridge - winning all three of their Premier League games there.
"[Chelsea] have so many threats going forward and have top-quality players all over the pitch. I expect an unbelievably difficult game," said Frank.
"They are massive favourites but, of course, we believe that we can compete against anyone and we believe we can win."

Over 1000 comments, mostly not very flattering ?
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas Frank

Wonder how much interest there might be in t-shirts with Thomas Frank's special sauce on them...... ?

???
 

Thomas Frank

So happy he’s getting credit but I worried that this article and the recent team talk videos the club released have TF in the shop window, someone tell me I have nothing to fear, please!
I very much doubt that CEO’s and Sporting Directors of major clubs take any notice of media puff when it comes to short-listing potential head coaches.
 

Thomas Frank

I very much doubt that CEO’s and Sporting Directors of major clubs take any notice of media puff when it comes to short-listing potential head coaches.

Sure, but they probably at least have half an eye towards the expected resulting comments from the fanbase, which in turn probably is somewhat dependent on media puffing

If the fanbase can reasonbly be expected to riot on day one, they probably wouldn't go for it, even if it was the best manager in the world
 

Thomas Frank

So happy he’s getting credit but I worried that this article and the recent team talk videos the club released have TF in the shop window, someone tell me I have nothing to fear, please!
Watch the recent interview with High Performance. Thomas knows how good he has it and how hard that environment would be to build somewhere else. He seems genuinely happy and not at all like someone looking for the next big thing.

I think it would be doing Thomas a disservice to assume that if a bigger club comes calling, he'll be off. He might take the leap if circumstances are perfect, but let's be honest, they never are. He won't stay forever but as long as he is happy at Brentford and Brentford are happy with him I can't see him going anywhere anytime soon.
 

Thomas Frank

Watch the recent interview with High Performance. Thomas knows how good he has it and how hard that environment would be to build somewhere else. He seems genuinely happy and not at all like someone looking for the next big thing.

I think it would be doing Thomas a disservice to assume that if a bigger club comes calling, he'll be off. He might take the leap if circumstances are perfect, but let's be honest, they never are. He won't stay forever but as long as he is happy at Brentford and Brentford are happy with him I can't see him going anywhere anytime soon.
I think and hope his move, if and when it comes, will be abroad.
 

Thomas Frank

Article on BBC Sport website:

Chelsea are "maybe the best team in the Premier League right now", says Brentford manager Thomas Frank.

Enzo Maresca, who replaced Mauricio Pochettino in June, has led the Blues to six straight wins in all competitions before hosting Frank's Brentford at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Four successive league wins have taken Chelsea second in the table, four points behind leaders Liverpool.
"They are maybe even more in-form than Liverpool, even though they are top of the league," said Frank.
"They are playing incredible football and are well-coached. Maresca has done a top job so far with his coaching staff and they look extremely dangerous."
Premier League top scorers Chelsea followed up a 4-3 win at Tottenham with a 3-1 win over Astana in the Europa Conference League on Thursday and Maresca's side have registered 15 goals in their past four games in all competitions.
Brentford are ninth after beating Newcastle 4-2 last weekend. But while the Bees have been formidable at home so far this season they have taken just one point from a possible 21 away.
They do, however, have an encouraging record at Stamford Bridge - winning all three of their Premier League games there.
"[Chelsea] have so many threats going forward and have top-quality players all over the pitch. I expect an unbelievably difficult game," said Frank.
"They are massive favourites but, of course, we believe that we can compete against anyone and we believe we can win."

Over 1000 comments, mostly not very flattering ?
After four straight wins they are probably due to drop points. After collecting just one point away from home so far we are probably due a win. So on the balance of probabilities a win for the Bees is expected.? Any jobs going at Smart Odds?
 

Thomas Frank

Sure, but they probably at least have half an eye towards the expected resulting comments from the fanbase, which in turn probably is somewhat dependent on media puffing

If the fanbase can reasonbly be expected to riot on day one, they probably wouldn't go for it, even if it was the best manager in the world
First and foremost, it’s a results business. The CEO and Sporting Director (or whoever are the key players at a specific club) would have to be utterly convinced that Thomas will bring results… and quickly. The fanbase will follow the results. I think Thomas would be attracted by a project, though, which very seldom brings instant gratification to fans.
 

Thomas Frank

By far the club I'd have "feared" the most going after Frank would've been Liverpool, but they went for Slot instead, and seem to be doing perfectly fine

There aren't really any other clubs higher up in Premier league that i could really see be a neat fit for Frank given what he (appears to) want, without having a rethink about how they're doing things and a long plan
 

Thomas Frank

By far the club I'd have "feared" the most going after Frank would've been Liverpool, but they went for Slot instead, and seem to be doing perfectly fine

There aren't really any other clubs higher up in Premier league that i could really see be a neat fit for Frank given what he (appears to) want, without having a rethink about how they're doing things and a long plan
Looking at PL teams and current managers I think we're quite safe.

I suspect however, the likes of Borussia Dortmund and similar clubs in Europe's top divisions will have tabs on Thomas & could tempt him away.
 

Thomas Frank

So happy he’s getting credit but I worried that this article and the recent team talk videos the club released have TF in the shop window, someone tell me I have nothing to fear, please!
He’s been in the shop window for ages and I think both Man U and Chelsea seriously considered him. I’d be more worried if he stopped giving candid interviews like these.
 

Thomas Frank

Looking at PL teams and current managers I think we're quite safe.

I suspect however, the likes of Borussia Dortmund and similar clubs in Europe's top divisions will have tabs on Thomas & could tempt him away.

With regard to European leagues now it is really Premier League no.1 and everyone else far behind. Any non-Bayern German club is going to struggle to pinch a PL boss imo.
 

Thomas Frank

With regard to European leagues now it is really Premier League no.1 and everyone else far behind. Any non-Bayern German club is going to struggle to pinch a PL boss imo.
I do think @RAF_Patto has a point. If you're looking to progress within the Premier League there aren't that many opportunities. Liverpool are sorted, if Man Utd wanted him they would have gone for him, Spurs is simply a nothing job so perhaps Newcastle? But again, look how much work Howe has done and yet his future continues to be debated on a routine basis. TF is way beyond Nuno, yet his past affiliation with 'big' clubs has served him well (Sevilla, Porto, Valencia), Lopetegui won Europa League.

Given what happen with Potter at Chelsea, despite TF's sublime brilliance, the wider football fan community would still consider it a 'punt' should a big side go for him (as ridiculous as that is to you and I)

Ultimately a European club that offers Champions League football would represent progress for TF. But again, french league is dead, at one time Ajax was a good gig not so much now. La Liga, Italy?

The bundesliga and TF feels natural. But again, it depends entirely on what his priorities are at this stage of career and life. No other job would have the stability he's built, no other job would excuse a potential dip in form, he has control here. I'd hope he sleeps quite well, he's earned it, but how many other managers can say that?

Forgot to add - Most importantly, why on earth would he go now? It's our most exciting time, he's got a new IT up top with a big price tag, KLP at LB has been a great success. The opportunities are here!
 
Last edited:

Thomas Frank

He’s been in the shop window for ages and I think both Man U and Chelsea seriously considered him. I’d be more worried if he stopped giving candid interviews like these.
He might have turned them both down!
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Thomas Frank

Does seem to be doing a lot more media work this season.
I know it’s great for our club but also worried he putting himself in shop window as always being praised up and asked about what’s next in his career ect.
Rightly so as a great head coach just worried he putting his self out there.
Hope I’m wrong and worrying about nothing
But if he does get a chance elsewhere it will be well deserved.
Put don’t leave us Thomas ???
 

Thomas Frank

I suppose i could see a world where Arteta runs into a poor patch (that can’t easily be explained away by Ødegaard being unavailable) and Arsenal both being interested and interesting enough … doesn’t feel very likely, but given how the club have been off it this season, it’s not impossible.

But yeah, i strongly suspect at least a good bit of his increased media presence have come due to his lauded punditry success doing the Euroes, giving him a personal connection with the pundits and a foot in the door so to speak
 

Thomas Frank

I do think @RAF_Patto has a point. If you're looking to progress within the Premier League there aren't that many opportunities. Liverpool are sorted, if Man Utd wanted him they would have gone for him, Spurs is simply a nothing job so perhaps Newcastle? But again, look how much work Howe has done and yet his future continues to be debated on a routine basis. TF is way beyond Nuno, yet his past affiliation with 'big' clubs has served him well (Sevilla, Porto, Valencia), Lopetegui won Europa League.

Given what happen with Potter at Chelsea, despite TF's sublime brilliance, the wider football fan community would still consider it a 'punt' should a big side go for him (as ridiculous as that is to you and I)

Ultimately a European club that offers Champions League football would represent progress for TF. But again, french league is dead, at one time Ajax was a good gig not so much now. La Liga, Italy?

The bundesliga and TF feels natural. But again, it depends entirely on what his priorities are at this stage of career and life. No other job would have the stability he's built, no other job would excuse a potential dip in form, he has control here. I'd hope he sleeps quite well, he's earned it, but how many other managers can say that?

Forgot to add - Most importantly, why on earth would he go now? It's our most exciting time, he's got a new IT up top with a big price tag, KLP at LB has been a great success. The opportunities are here!

spurs is not a nothing job ?
 

Thomas Frank

Precisely. Look at what Harlee Dean said about regretting leaving.
And Thomas’ comment at the Xmas lunch that anyone leaving would look back on it as the best time of their professional lives. I kind of feel that as a fan we are also living our best football lives
 

Thomas Frank

And Thomas’ comment at the Xmas lunch that anyone leaving would look back on it as the best time of their professional lives. I kind of feel that as a fan we are also living our best football lives
Without any doubt whatsoever! What is currently happening at Brentford is nothing less than a living dream!
 

Thomas Frank

Without any doubt whatsoever! What is currently happening at Brentford is nothing less than a living dream!
I remember when that lot from the Bush were getting a massive cash promise from the F1 guys saying to my wife ‘why is it always someone else? Why can’t we get a little bit of cash?’ . Little did I realise we were about to get more than a billionaires dabble, we got a journey towards being an established EPL club, a great ground and a lot of grudging admiration - quite incredible. I know all this has been said before but I just wanted to say it again??. Thanks Matthew
 

Thomas Frank

I do think @RAF_Patto has a point. If you're looking to progress within the Premier League there aren't that many opportunities. Liverpool are sorted, if Man Utd wanted him they would have gone for him, Spurs is simply a nothing job so perhaps Newcastle? But again, look how much work Howe has done and yet his future continues to be debated on a routine basis. TF is way beyond Nuno, yet his past affiliation with 'big' clubs has served him well (Sevilla, Porto, Valencia), Lopetegui won Europa League.

Given what happen with Potter at Chelsea, despite TF's sublime brilliance, the wider football fan community would still consider it a 'punt' should a big side go for him (as ridiculous as that is to you and I)

Ultimately a European club that offers Champions League football would represent progress for TF. But again, french league is dead, at one time Ajax was a good gig not so much now. La Liga, Italy?

The bundesliga and TF feels natural. But again, it depends entirely on what his priorities are at this stage of career and life. No other job would have the stability he's built, no other job would excuse a potential dip in form, he has control here. I'd hope he sleeps quite well, he's earned it, but how many other managers can say that?

Forgot to add - Most importantly, why on earth would he go now? It's our most exciting time, he's got a new IT up top with a big price tag, KLP at LB has been a great success. The opportunities are here!
Most of the PL opportunities for TF would be a project. If he was a 100% football man, 'I'll be a manager till I am 70' type person then he may relish another 5-10 year project

But he seems a man with a broader approach to life, and is already considering what life with an empty nest looks like. I am not sure he would want to start another project.

Managing a national team, however, could suit him down to the ground
 

Thomas Frank

Got a mention on ‘Fighting Talk’ this week. Pat Nevin gave him as his answer who would win SPOTY if it was judged on personality alone.
And all the others on the show immediately and enthusiastically agreed that it was the right answer.
 

Thomas Frank

Love the fact that nobody is in the slightest bit bothered or concerned that Wolves are looking for a new manager. In days gone by they would be a very attractive option and a clear step up. Now, not so much.
 

Thomas Frank

I very much doubt that CEO’s and Sporting Directors of major clubs take any notice of media puff when it comes to short-listing potential head coaches.
I think any good operation would include media facing output and public candor when considering a new hire, and CEOs and Sporting Directors all probably vary in quality and concerns, as they do in any business.
Not suggesting that one podcast will, or should, sway an interested party. Only that it seems recently the club has featured TF prominently in the way clubs’ media operations often highlight players.
I know it’s a business and the doors revolve, I only hope TF stays as he’s my favorite manager.
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas’ post match conference where he fends off a few questions on the topic of Cucarella’s antics and sending off and gets it 100% correct when he suggests to the reporters to write about the actual game rather than the incident to bring more perspective to what was, in the end, a decent game. Some will, and some won’t, I suppose, but we now focus on Wednesday’s match against Newcastle.


View: https://youtu.be/02u0byMu1D4?si=Gmmq4nK3HDHfN-wi
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas’ post match conference where he fends off a few questions on the topic of Cucarella’s antics and sending off and gets it 100% correct when he suggests to the reporters to write about the actual game rather than the incident to bring more perspective to what was, in the end, a decent game. Some will, and some won’t, I suppose, but we now focus on Wednesday’s match against Newcastle.


View: https://youtu.be/02u0byMu1D4?si=Gmmq4nK3HDHfN-wi

What a top man. The game needs more like Thomas.
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas’ post match conference where he fends off a few questions on the topic of Cucarella’s antics and sending off and gets it 100% correct when he suggests to the reporters to write about the actual game rather than the incident to bring more perspective to what was, in the end, a decent game. Some will, and some won’t, I suppose, but we now focus on Wednesday’s match against Newcastle.


View: https://youtu.be/02u0byMu1D4?si=Gmmq4nK3HDHfN-wi

Then Sky Sports only reports his Cucaraella comments for clicks.


View: https://x.com/skysportsnews/status/1868564285967704255?s=46&t=TbCV2mMEhMCea-mPoYkV1A
 

Thomas Frank


It's obviously a general observation by Thomas on something that has filtered into the professional game...he's going to name-check Cucurella given the incident.

Of course Sky could've tackled it from another angle and highlighted the gamesmanship around buying fouls through simulation and feigning non-existent head injuries.

But that's not going to get you clicks as it isn't edgy enough.

Terrible editing and journo-waffle from some pipsqueak at SkySports News btw.
 

Thomas Frank

I do think @RAF_Patto has a point. If you're looking to progress within the Premier League there aren't that many opportunities. Liverpool are sorted, if Man Utd wanted him they would have gone for him, Spurs is simply a nothing job so perhaps Newcastle? But again, look how much work Howe has done and yet his future continues to be debated on a routine basis. TF is way beyond Nuno, yet his past affiliation with 'big' clubs has served him well (Sevilla, Porto, Valencia), Lopetegui won Europa League.

Given what happen with Potter at Chelsea, despite TF's sublime brilliance, the wider football fan community would still consider it a 'punt' should a big side go for him (as ridiculous as that is to you and I)

Ultimately a European club that offers Champions League football would represent progress for TF. But again, french league is dead, at one time Ajax was a good gig not so much now. La Liga, Italy?

The bundesliga and TF feels natural. But again, it depends entirely on what his priorities are at this stage of career and life. No other job would have the stability he's built, no other job would excuse a potential dip in form, he has control here. I'd hope he sleeps quite well, he's earned it, but how many other managers can say that?

Forgot to add - Most importantly, why on earth would he go now? It's our most exciting time, he's got a new IT up top with a big price tag, KLP at LB has been a great success. The opportunities are here!
This is pure speculation but i remember hearing TF talk in a manner that seemed like he was seriously attracted to a bigger move at some points before Potter got to Chelsea. But after Potters quick demise, i think Thomas had a change of heart. His communication about the topic became much more balanced.

He seems more aware how easy it would be to go to a big club and fail spectacularly.

Ofcourse he will go at some point. But i still think he has a vision to achieve something bigger here.

I just want for him to stay long enough to take us to europe at some point. That would be the perfect end to his amazing reign at this club.
 

Thomas Frank

....not convinced by his post match interview....very UnThomaslike.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom