Ticket Office.

banburybee

Active member
Joined
22 Apr 2004
Messages
2,948
Reaction score
4
Location
South Devon

Ticket Office.

Happy as I am about the on-field prospects I despair off field. I cannot justify a season ticket as I live so far away but get to as many games as I can. I wanted to buy tickets for the games versus Yeovil and Sheffield United and phoned the club this morning. Firstly the ticket office number still had its 'ticket office closed message on at 10.45. I rang commercial nobody answered, finally rang Communications who said no-one was aviaable to sell me tickets but they would call me. I was on the phone when they rang so I called back - after 4 attempts with no reply , one even just said 'no-one available ' and cut me off,I am giving up. No point in having a good team if you cannot get people to see them.
 

Ticket Office.

Sympathies. I've always found that just turning up at the gate has been enough to get a ticket. Do you suppose we're going to have sell-outs this coming season? I'd love that to be the case, but it would rather complicate matters.
 

Ticket Office.

Oh dear! that doesn't sound good.
 

Ticket Office.

Statement from Brentford Football Club:

"We would like to apologise to banburybee and anyone else who was affected this morning. Due to staff shortages the ticket office was closed this morning for a short period of time. However, if you would like to email the Ticket Office on [email protected] with a contact number someone will call you as soon as possible."
 

Ticket Office.

I've always found buying online is easy and efficient - give that a go. The tickets are either posted to me or can be collected at the gate.
 

Ticket Office.

Probably just an off day pal.

i purchased my Sheffield tickets at lunch over the phone and they were excellent :)
 

Ticket Office.

I've got to say I'm very impressed - Mr S ordered a family ticket earlier. The ticket office rang me back at home to say that there was a problem with the credit card number, which turned out that the expiry date had been noted incorrectly. Clearly our details were held on record - very prompt, polite and efficient service.
 

Ticket Office.

Oh dear, another season of people having a pop at the clublol
 

Ticket Office.

You have my sympathies, banburybee. A new message explaining that the ticket office was closed until a certain time would have been an improvement. I don't know for sure but it may be that re-recording an out of office message is not an easy task with the BFC phone system. It should be but I bet it's complicated.

Having said that, I left my ST renewal until 29th May and then found I couldn't renew online because I didn't have a code and the code wasn't being generated automatically. I emailed Oliver White to ask whether my seat could possibly have my marker put on it because I was about to disappear on holiday the next day and therefore wouldn't be around for the next 10 days to get the ST order in.

Oliver replied within about half an hour and said that would be no problem and that Katie would be in the office on the Bank Holiday Monday (the next day) and she should be able to provide me with a code. I emailed Katie and she was on it straight away the next morning. When the code didn't work, I called her, left a message and got a call back very quickly. The ticket was sorted over the phone straight away.

Not an ideal system - not being able to automaticlly generate codes for online buying strikes me as a bit antiquated technologically - but I was impressed with recieving a reply to an email on a Sunday; with the ticket office being open on a Bank Holiday Monday and the last day of the Early Bird; and with Katie's help.

The Club still aren't there in terms of customer service but there is a definite improvement and I get the feeling they are at least trying to make things easier for us punters these days.
 

Ticket Office.

It's been a while since I went to a League game at GP, but has anything changed to make it difficult to pay at the turnstile? Is it all-ticket, or are we expecting 7000? Opening games at GP usually attract very small gates, historically.
 

Ticket Office.

It's been a while since I went to a League game at GP, but has anything changed to make it difficult to pay at the turnstile? Is it all-ticket, or are we expecting 7000?

No to all of the above.
 

Ticket Office.

.........try a knuckleduster next time........

Harsh............ but fair..................... oh dear...................... more violence at GP in the coming months........... :cry:
 

Ticket Office.

can we post in the Sun vouchers do you reckon?
 

Ticket Office.

Thanks Trandy :yuck:
 

Ticket Office.

You think we are bad at organising tickets get to Sheffield the most disorganised ever
 

Ticket Office.

Worse than at St Mary's last year??

Wasn't there last year perhaps on reflection my problem was I encountered a rather thick northern steward
 

Ticket Office.

Maybe off topic question ?? -- When buying a Golden Junior season ticket can i buy it over the phone ? (i'm guessing i'll need to be in the ticket office to show a birth certificate?)
 

Ticket Office.

Called in to the ticket office earlier to collect Sun voucher tickets for Tranmere and Colchester games.......young lady who dealt with the vouchers was friendly,polite and efficient.....Top Marks :)

Must have been the same lady who dealt with me today when I got my tickets for the Orient game.
 

Ticket Office.

Maybe off topic question ?? -- When buying a Golden Junior season ticket can i buy it over the phone ? (i'm guessing i'll need to be in the ticket office to show a birth certificate?)

Phone the club
 

Ticket Office.

Maybe off topic question ?? -- When buying a Golden Junior season ticket can i buy it over the phone ? (i'm guessing i'll need to be in the ticket office to show a birth certificate?)

Yes. However, you will need proof of ID to confirm DOB when collecting. The ticket office will be able to answer any additional queries over the phone 0845 3456 442 (option 4) or via email - [email protected]
 

Ticket Office.

I've never had any problems when buying tickets from the club.
 

Ticket Office.

Can we please make sure the ticket office is fully staffed and running smoothly on saturday. Their is a stigma around Brentford fans and paying in advance, this is a chance for the club with the help of the new ticket office to show customers that paying in advance is easy and efficient. We need to change the culture of "pay on the day" if we are to have ambitions of becoming a championship club, nows the time for the club to put the ground work in and start new habits.
 

Ticket Office.

Can we please make sure the ticket office is fully staffed and running smoothly on saturday. Their is a stigma around Brentford fans and paying in advance, this is a chance for the club with the help of the new ticket office to show customers that paying in advance is easy and efficient. We need to change the culture of "pay on the day" if we are to have ambitions of becoming a championship club, nows the time for the club to put the ground work in and start new habits.

I would argue that the club has put in the groundwork. The club has invested in a ticket office this season that can be accessed from outside the ground. Just to re-iterate, you do not need to buy a ticket in advance of Saturday and can pay cash on the turnstile but the club would prefer if you did so.

It will be staffed, as will all turnstiles, and the onus is on Brentford fans to arrive earlier than they would do normally, should they not have a ticket already.
 

Ticket Office.

I would argue that the club has put in the groundwork. The club has invested in a ticket office this season that can be accessed from outside the ground. Just to re-iterate, you do not need to buy a ticket in advance of Saturday and can pay cash on the turnstile but the club would prefer if you did so.

It will be staffed, as will all turnstiles, and the onus is on Brentford fans to arrive earlier than they would do normally, should they not have a ticket already.

I am picking my tickets up saturday from the office and looking forward to the game. The only reason i want it to run smoothly is because this excuse of "buying tickets in advance is hassle" needs to become a thing of the past but it wont if buying in advance gives people headaches on matchday.
 

Ticket Office.

I am picking my tickets up saturday from the office and looking forward to the game. The only reason i want it to run smoothly is because this excuse of "buying tickets in advance is hassle" needs to become a thing of the past but it wont if buying in advance gives people headaches on matchday.

You don't have to buy a ticket in advance, easy !!
 

Ticket Office.

I have bought a ticket in advance

I went along to the club the morning after the Bournemouth game

2 staff in the New Cabin/Office

Very helpful, (they even knew when the JPT dates were before the draw had been done)

Was served with a smile

No queues and the whole transaction took only a couple of minutes
 

Ticket Office.

Yeah I got my Charlton ticket from our new portacabin signing a couple of hours ago, woman was friendly and said 'enjoy the game!' at the end. Which was quite nice. But I've never had a problem getting tickets in advance it's always been quite quick and easy.

But that said I usually just pay on the gate, there's no incentive normally for me to get it in advance. Given I'll be at Griffin Park at 2:50 on a match day anyway it makes sense just to get the ticket then.
 

Ticket Office.

I have bought a ticket in advance

I went along to the club the morning after the Bournemouth game

2 staff in the New Cabin/Office

Very helpful, (they even knew when the JPT dates were before the draw had been done)

Was served with a smile

No queues and the whole transaction took only a couple of minutes

Always runs as smooth as when you are the only one there.........Are you doing a 3rd round draw thread? who we gonna get?
 

Ticket Office.

After the abuse from last time, I will wait until after the final whistle blows....
 

Ticket Office.

I am picking my tickets up saturday from the office and looking forward to the game. The only reason i want it to run smoothly is because this excuse of "buying tickets in advance is hassle" needs to become a thing of the past but it wont if buying in advance gives people headaches on matchday.

Thanks, and I agree with you. However, some may try to pick up their pre-booked tickets from the office at five to three and then look to blame the club for not getting in on time! I would urge people to get there early Saturday if at all possible.
 

Ticket Office.

Thanks, and I agree with you. However, some may try to pick up their pre-booked tickets from the office at five to three and then look to blame the club for not getting in on time! I would urge people to get there early Saturday if at all possible.

No of course that would be very unreasonable. The reason for my original post was that before the Huddersfield game collecting tickets from the ticket office was chaotic. I appreciate it was the first time it had been used and can allow for teething issues, but there were lessons to be learned from that day which need to be in place for saturday, otherwise forever people will moan about getting tickets in advance or simply not bother and stay at home (which is the last thing we need).
 

Ticket Office.

It must be better for the club for tickets to be purchased in advance and preferably on card as this surely reduces costs in counting cash and the security element.

Personnally I thought the service I received on Saturday was top notch well done ladies. The only thing I would say that there was a slight delay at the turnstiles and perhaps those with tickets could have been fast tracked in some way. Perhaps one turnstile on saturday could be made ticket only e.g season or pre paid ticket may speed things up.

I
 

Ticket Office.

Buying a ticket in advance does cost an extra £1.50 transaction fee if you use a credit card. I run a business where we do not charge extra for credit card use and I cannot understand why businesses want to charge - other than grab a bit more cash -.
 

Ticket Office.

Buying a ticket in advance does cost an extra £1.50 transaction fee if you use a credit card. I run a business where we do not charge extra for credit card use and I cannot understand why businesses want to charge - other than grab a bit more cash -.

Use a debit card then!!
 

Ticket Office.

Fine, but why charge for a credit card and not a debit card, both carry a charge to the recipient!
 
Back
Top Bottom