Transfer Deadline

Transfer Deadline

Yes, it's shame he didn't come our way at the start of the season but he probably doesn't have to move house by going to Blackpool.

I suppose it depends on where he lives at the moment. Hull to Blackpool is actually quite a long drive and there probably isn't that much in it compared to driving down to London. That said, if he lives in Greater Manchester since his earlier clubs in the region, Blackpoo would be easy.
 

Transfer Deadline

I suppose it depends on where he lives at the moment. Hull to Blackpool is actually quite a long drive and there probably isn't that much in it compared to driving down to London. That said, if he lives in Greater Manchester since his earlier clubs in the region, Blackpoo would be easy.
:sorted:
 

Transfer Deadline

what about Tabby back , afterall he has only warmed the bench so far!!

We can only hope!:rolleyes:

Thats because he's done his hernia and needs an operation apparently.
 

Transfer Deadline

If David Beckham wanted to be player/coach at a low level to earn his badges ,would we pay him the £100 per week he wanted as we're over budget apparently ?
 

Transfer Deadline

If David Beckham wanted to be player/coach at a low level to earn his badges ,would we pay him the £100 per week he wanted as we're over budget apparently ?

Hypothetically if Becks wanted to do that we could pay him anything he wanted as the commercial spinoffs would be tenfold....

Our teeny playing budget would have nothing to do with it!
 

Transfer Deadline

Hypothetically if Becks wanted to do that we could pay him anything he wanted as the commercial spinoffs would be tenfold....

Our teeny playing budget would have nothing to do with it!

We should sign trundle too then???
 

Transfer Deadline

Yeah, Yeah so we're broke for f**ks sake change the record.

Think positive, for God's sake - we started out with nothing, and we've still got most of it :wave:

....I'll get me coat, shall I ?
 

Transfer Deadline

We can't even sign a premiership youth team player where they paid he's wages so what chance have we got of signing anybody else. It doesn't seem we can attract anybody, I think even Steve Claridge would turn us down.

Hope i'm wrong with the above statement, but if not let's hope the boys can keep being lucky and free from injuries and suspensions.
 

Transfer Deadline

I think even Steve Claridge would turn us down.

Hope i'm wrong with the above statement

Really, nice guy though I'm sure he is, I'd rather not see the squeaky club-collecter back at GP. Are we really that desperate?
 
Last edited:

Transfer Deadline

cos only the prem transfer window closes... i dont mean we HAVE to loan from the championship just that if we were to get anyone on loan then that would be the highest tier


I'm almost certain you are wrong :wave:

Clubs outside the top division can loan players from anywhere all the way through the season.
 

Transfer Deadline

I don't want Steve Claridge back, I was just saying we can't sign anybody and even Steve Claridge would turn us down if we asked.

It was only tongue in cheek, don't panic.

I know we haven't got any money that's why we should go down the premiership free loanee to bolster the current squad.
 

Transfer Deadline

I'm almost certain you are wrong :wave:

Clubs outside the top division can loan players from anywhere all the way through the season.

:suspect:

Doesn't our "emergency" loan deadline come in October and then we can't transact until January? :shrug:

Plus the March deadline stands too.
 

Transfer Deadline

:suspect:

Doesn't our "emergency" loan deadline come in October and then we can't transact until January? :shrug:

Plus the March deadline stands too.

Only up until the March/April deadline then I believe only for goalkeepers or in exceptional circumstances ie. epidemics, etc.


I knew this was complex :confused:

But we can definitely loan from Premiership clubs in the near future, which was the point I was trying to make :scratch:
 

Transfer Deadline

I may well be totally wrong here, but I thought this season the loan option expired something like seven days after the transfer deadline!
 

Transfer Deadline

I would not have re-signed Rhodes either.[/QUOTE]

just out of interest, is there anyone you haven't told about your views on this....? :) :D
 

Transfer Deadline

but isn't anyone concerned that there has been mention of NO-ONE AT ALL joining the club? Aside from the financial situation shouldn't leroy's managerial nous be proven by actually getting some back-up players to ease our problems?

Not even a joe omigie or drew broughton in sight... lol
 

Transfer Deadline

I'm not concerned in the slightest because I have known for a while that the playing budget has been spent. I would be concerned if we had signed someone, especially a Joe Omigie or a Drewe Broughton!
 

Transfer Deadline

but isn't anyone concerned that there has been mention of NO-ONE AT ALL joining the club? Aside from the financial situation shouldn't leroy's managerial nous be proven by actually getting some back-up players to ease our problems?

Not even a joe omigie or drew broughton in sight... lol

aside, aside from the financial situation, there is no aside, we have no moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, therefore no one will be coming in.

(saying that, I will be logged on until 12.00 to double check ! :fishing: )
 

Transfer Deadline

oh ok im not too sure... if so no need to panic whatsoever:)


Wouldn't have been easier signing a couple of premiership youngesters, with the premiership team paying their wages now, while the team is on good run, rather then wait two months when we may ( hopefully not ) lost six games on the trott, and the pressure would be on them to perform straight away.
 

Transfer Deadline

The only way i was expecting today to possibly involve us was with offers for either KOC or Framps. I wonder if now they will sign new contracts knowing that if anyone was that interested they would have come in for them today.
 

Transfer Deadline

The only way i was expecting today to possibly involve us was with offers for either KOC or Framps. I wonder if now they will sign new contracts knowing that if anyone was that interested they would have come in for them today.


Not likely, peform well until January and then clubs could come in then. If they don't come in then, they know that if they peform well, come June they have even more choice.
 

Transfer Deadline

Just noticed that Matt Harrold has signed for Southend for undisclosed fee. Not sure if we had sell on clause but maybe there is a few quid coming our way after all today.
 

Transfer Deadline

Just noticed that Matt Harrold has signed for Southend for undisclosed fee. Not sure if we had sell on clause but maybe there is a few quid coming our way after all today.

Good spot - I'm sure we must of? :fishing: Great move for him too.
 

Transfer Deadline

Well done Matt.
 

Transfer Deadline

I loved Matt Harold, great move for him:sorted:

I am still reeling that a player has been bought from Bristol City for £2million!!:eek:
 

Transfer Deadline

I am still reeling that a player has been bought from Bristol City for £2million!!:eek:

He's a Welsh International and a teenager on a long deal - this is loose change for a Premiership club.
 

Transfer Deadline

I am still reeling that a player has been bought from Bristol City for £2million!!:eek:


Staggering to be honest...was he that good as an 18 year old?

Just shows how some clubs can hold out for the big payday and others ( i.e. us) get shafted every time..
 

Transfer Deadline

Only thing which is possible Bees wise is I believe Danny Cadermarteri's agent contacted BFC but we weren't interested. He also contacted every other League One club I reckon. Swansea and Rotherham apparently are interested.
 

Transfer Deadline

Staggering to be honest...was he that good as an 18 year old?

Just shows how some clubs can hold out for the big payday and others ( i.e. us) get shafted every time..

If he was in the Welsh side and playing for us at 18, we would have got a similar deal. :wave:
 

Transfer Deadline

Wigan paid that much because they had to outbid norwich to capture his signature.
 

Transfer Deadline

Transfer Deadline

Cant believe we havent signed anyone :(

Not even a loanee ??

Harrold to Southend in the Championship- nah sh*te signing for them lol

£2M for that guy lol having a joke.... and we sell Sodje & Turner for not even £1M laughable

Big Ben Burgess signed for Blackpool on 2year Contract :(
 

Transfer Deadline

With the money spent on Heywood & with Wiilock & Fitzgerald still on the payroll it was always likely that we would not be in the market come deadline day.

We are still able at our level to bring in loan players when needed and although we obviously lack cover at c/mid & c/half I cannot see that happening unless we lose somebody long term & the results suffer as a direct result of that.

For me, if we finish mid table & play some attractive football on the deck at long last I won't be complaining.
 

Transfer Deadline

PETE THE BEE & BEEALZIBUB are on the case.

Leroy is the man at the moment, it is working better than anyone anticipated and we HAVE to accept the continual constraints of the budget, OR WE ARE DELUDING OURSELVES. Therefore we work to continue to improve the squad in training and nurture what we have in the younger players and maybe yes we have to play them before they are ready on occasions. Team spirit is all. l don't particularly like loanees who can be disruptive to the team spirit but in terms of injury have their place. l am confident we can flourish, not just survive in this league and if it comes with attractive football, so much the better.
 

Transfer Deadline

I fully understand that we have absolutely zilch in the old kitty, fair enough, enough said.

What I don't like hearing is Leroy saying things like" Yes, I want to bolster the squad and we are very close to getting in that midfielder this week" etc.
(15th August interview) An out and out blatant lie. For those who dont use the GPG and simply use the local papers or watch interviews etc, this is giving false info.and now transfer deadline day is finished, a lot of people will be asking where the new players are.

Please Leroy, do not blatantly lie in your interviews. We havent got the money, say it, plain and simple. We could never have signed another player.
 

Transfer Deadline

forgive me if I am wrong but Prince Harry was fairly well derided on here wasn't he??

Not from me he wasn't, I thought at the time MA was wrong in letting him go as he had something to offer. But we got Rankin instead....:(
Still to late now and good luck to him at Southend
 
Back
Top Bottom