forgive me if I am wrong but Prince Harry was fairly well derided on here wasn't he??
Not from me he wasn't, I thought at the time MA was wrong in letting him go as he had something to offer. But we got Rankin instead....![]()
Still to late now and good luck to him at Southend
me too, but I wasn't responding to your post.I just care about any cash coming our way.
Was last Bees player to score a hat trick wasn't he?
Another gem from MA..........![]()
Matt harrold is poor.
I am more disapointed to see BBB join blackpool for 25K when we paid 50K for CW!!!
Burgess has gone from 400K a few years ago to 25K now. He has had injuries...but still!
I fully understand that we have absolutely zilch in the old kitty, fair enough, enough said.
What I don't like hearing is Leroy saying things like" Yes, I want to bolster the squad and we are very close to getting in that midfielder this week" etc.
(15th August interview) An out and out blatant lie. For those who dont use the GPG and simply use the local papers or watch interviews etc, this is giving false info.and now transfer deadline day is finished, a lot of people will be asking where the new players are.
Please Leroy, do not blatantly lie in your interviews. We havent got the money, say it, plain and simple. We could never have signed another player.

Why would he 'blatantly lie'?
Yes, I am sure, in an ideal world he would like to add to the squad, but the financial mess at the club means it's not an ideal world as you rightly pointed out.
At the time of the interview, it was most probably fact. It could be possible that the said deal then fell through, due to, the players wage demands for example or his hands was then tied by the fact of Framptons injury!
![]()
I fully understand that we have absolutely zilch in the old kitty, fair enough, enough said.
What I don't like hearing is Leroy saying things like" Yes, I want to bolster the squad and we are very close to getting in that midfielder this week" etc.
(15th August interview) An out and out blatant lie. For those who dont use the GPG and simply use the local papers or watch interviews etc, this is giving false info.and now transfer deadline day is finished, a lot of people will be asking where the new players are.
Please Leroy, do not blatantly lie in your interviews. We havent got the money, say it, plain and simple. We could never have signed another player.
He may still be close. The deadline has passed for permanent signings, not loans.
The fee would have been part of the wage budget allocated to Leroy. Burgess could have been the Coca-Cola kid instead of Moore.![]()
Emergency loan window opens ina week.
I take it back - they are shelling out up to £100k dependant on appareances. apparently. Too much dough for us.![]()
Maybe we were very close to getting in that midfielder, but it depended on offloading Fitz to Stevenage or Willock to Lincoln City and Leroy thought one or other had a reasonable chance of coming off. Then it's not a lie at all, is it? Give him a break, Mads!I fully understand that we have absolutely zilch in the old kitty, fair enough, enough said.
What I don't like hearing is Leroy saying things like" Yes, I want to bolster the squad and we are very close to getting in that midfielder this week" etc.
(15th August interview) An out and out blatant lie. For those who dont use the GPG and simply use the local papers or watch interviews etc, this is giving false info.and now transfer deadline day is finished, a lot of people will be asking where the new players are.
Please Leroy, do not blatantly lie in your interviews. We havent got the money, say it, plain and simple. We could never have signed another player.
I fully understand that we have absolutely zilch in the old kitty, fair enough, enough said.
What I don't like hearing is Leroy saying things like" Yes, I want to bolster the squad and we are very close to getting in that midfielder this week" etc.
(15th August interview) An out and out blatant lie. For those who dont use the GPG and simply use the local papers or watch interviews etc, this is giving false info.and now transfer deadline day is finished, a lot of people will be asking where the new players are.
Please Leroy, do not blatantly lie in your interviews. We havent got the money, say it, plain and simple. We could never have signed another player.
We were never going to sign anybody yesterday or last weeks, despite what the management said about trying to bring new players in. The squad is clearly not large enough, I wasn't asking us to spend money we don't have but a couple of free loanee's from premiership sides would not have hurt. Leroy said he was bringing in a goalkeeper for our first game but that didn't happen, lucky for us Clark Masters had an outstanding game and was unluckly to be dropped for our next game.
I agree with the attached quote, if they all came out and said their will not be anymore signing because of financial reasons or Leroy was happy with the squad that would have been the end of it, but that didn't happen.
Maybe we were very close to getting in that midfielder, but it depended on offloading Fitz to Stevenage or Willock to Lincoln City and Leroy thought one or other had a reasonable chance of coming off. Then it's not a lie at all, is it? Give him a break, Mads!
Ok, ok...but how can we sign anyone if there is no money? Whats the point of saying we are getting someone and not saying with it " but thats dependant on offloading tom, dick and harry"
I feel LR is doing a great job but when I was asked a question by someone who doesnt access the GPG, why Brentford didnt sign anyone when it was publicised they would. My answer was that there was no money to sign anyone unless we sold off other players. The person replied, well thats not what was said...and I tend to agree.
However, lets retract"blatant lie" ... lets say he doesn't give the whole story.... is that better ??![]()
Why should we rush into loan signings from the Prem yesterday? we can still sign them now and what if they weren't available for free?
My opinion is we'll try to to get someone on loan now, see how they shape up and maybe sign them in Jaunary if we can shift some more deadwood. That sounds the best plan.
In your original post you quoted Leroy from an interview on 15th August, on 18th August we signed Heywood and Carder-Andrews. :shrug:
Heywood was a done deal anyway, lets hope the 2k a week is worth it.
I hope I can be forgiven for not realising that "the midfielder" he was talking about was giving a Youth team player professional terms....![]()
We were never going to sign anybody yesterday Leroy said he was bringing in a goalkeeper for our first game but that didn't happen, lucky for us Clark Masters had an outstanding game and was unluckly to be dropped for our next game.
Not sure if this is gospel, but I was told a while back that Tony Warner had agreed with Leroy to come from Fulham to play just one game as cover for Nelson. However on the Friday before the game he was offered a month's loan at Leeds which he was not going to refuse. I believe that loan was extended yesterday to Xmas.
We were never going to sign anybody yesterday Leroy said he was bringing in a goalkeeper for our first game but that didn't happen, lucky for us Clark Masters had an outstanding game and was unluckly to be dropped for our next game.
Not sure if this is gospel, but I was told a while back that Tony Warner had agreed with Leroy to come from Fulham to play just one game as cover for Nelson. However on the Friday before the game he was offered a month's loan at Leeds which he was not going to refuse. I believe that loan was extended yesterday to Xmas.
Heard the same in the ticket office before the Blackpool game
So Leroy's influence couldn't pull any loans away from fulham with the wages being covered by al-fayed? His son ain't exactly prem quality...
Leroy does have money to spend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uh oh...
Am i missing something? He said that he had money to spend on the bee hive website... it's late... am i being stupid?


We have no money and eight times nothing is still nothing. I've no idea where you've plucked this figure from, but the playing budget has been spent. Every penny of it. There's nothing left. Not even an eighth of one pound.
How have we bought Cox in then?
Dont believe the hype, do the math!!
Ships is on about 12-13K so £1500 we could afford because of the bums on seat effect he would have. Warnock does not want to loan him out for less than full wages recouperation apparently and we have been trying to persuade him otherwise..
I can't see lapsed Bees fans flooding to Griffin Park because we've signed a journeyman forward.Has he got a big family then.![]()
We might get a few more through the gate as his family and friends are locals.Has he got a big family then.I can't see lapsed Bees fans flooding to Griffin Park because we've signed a journeyman forward.
BTW, we say Maths in England.![]()
Ships is on about 12-13K so £1500 we could afford because of the bums on seat effect he would have.
We might get a few more through the gate as his family and friends are locals.
His old man was still on the door at The Piano Bar in Twickenham recently.
Haven't read whole thread but is this pure rumour or have we really tried to get him on loan and wages paid by blades?
lol lol
Dream on fella - this is not Henry we're talking about!
No brainer for me.
We either lose £276000 or £12000 a game or we pay someone £12,000 a week in the hope he puts 1000 on the gate and gets us into the play offs!!
I didn't realise it was so simple and predictable - But why limit your ambition to the play=offs? Let's pay someone £120,000 a week and get promoted![]()
Sorry Banana my point was can we afford him or not? we are losing the same amount it would take to pay him the whole of his wages. We could use JG relationship with him to persuade him to come to us and we could try to offer to pay less than the full amount as is the norm in loan deals. The question is would he put sufficient on the gate both by his signing and any improvement in doing so the team would get in terms of results? If the answer is yes and he would come then it seems to me that we would be in the same position financially but higher up the table bringing added revenue other than gate receipts.
Trial of Wijnhard apperas to rule it out now anyway and Southend are interested in taking him instead. Perhaps that would leave Matt Harold surplus to requirements and we should go for him instead???????????????? NOT
The question is one of the club's ambition coupled with a slightly less cautious grip on the financial purse strings. I look at the budgets and IMHO I believe it was and could still be an option.
Hmm I think the conversation would go like this.
Bloke A: Oh Brentford are at home wanna go?
Bloke B; Nah no thanks
Bloke A: But they've got Neil Shipperly now
Bloke B: Really that fat old journeyman (has anyone seen his gut, I saw him at Norwich last year and it was huge) who's played a few games in the premiership that one
Bloke A: Thats the one, would you pay 15/20 quid to watch us now
Bloke B: Nah doesn't make much difference does it.
Ok so we would get more people through the turnstile if we were winning but there is no way in hell Shipperly would put even a 100 extra people on the gate a week.
... unless Shipperley has that many relatives.Brain-dead Bee;863006If Sheff Utd want to loan him out free to give him match practice said:Do you think more then?