Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

+ 3 more....
Love that song!!!

Well good start would be if The Ealing Road resists the urge to sing "Warburton, Warburton" just in order they get a wave!

One Matthew Benham or One of our own would be far more appropriate and I also think Warbs should be gagged from now until the end of the season. I don't want to hear an spin on FLS, don't want Dougie or Harlee on their either, let's let our football do our talking or not!
As far as MB needing a "fixer" next season can I put forward a deadly duo of tact and tan that would get things sorted - Bill Benn and Voice. lol
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Well good start would be if The Ealing Road resists the urge to sing "Warburton, Warburton" just in order they get a wave!

One Matthew Benham or One of our own would be far more appropriate and I also think Warbs should be gagged from now until the end of the season. I don't want to hear an spin on FLS, don't want Dougie or Harlee on their either, let's let our football do our talking or not!
As far as MB needing a "fixer" next season can I put forward a deadly duo of tact and tan that would get things sorted - Bill Benn and Voice. lol

What about NB? He'd do a job, wouldn't he?!!
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Are you missing the point?

Nobody is criticising what MW has achieved other than his refusal to bring in the players in January that would have put us in the premiership. If he put his hands up to that and agreed to go ahead with Benhams structure we would all move on happily looking forward to next season.

MB wants to use the unique information he has at his disposal to bring in quality unknown players like Jota and Andre Gray, he wants to continue to to utilise the academy which has seen 10 players sign professional terms in the last week...outstanding achievement. MW however wants to run the ship in his own way so he is choosing to leave. It is the blatant disregarding of these facts by a group of die hard MW fans that causes so much frustration who either just don't get it or blatantly refuse to see the facts in front of them as to what is really happening. It is not a secret, but there's none so blind as those that will not see (or something)

Excellent post and to further dilute the "Warbs can do no wring" faction I understand the leak to the times was not from our DoF but rather closer to home
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Well good start would be if The Ealing Road resists the urge to sing "Warburton, Warburton" just in order they get a wave!

One Matthew Benham or One of our own would be far more appropriate and I also think Warbs should be gagged from now until the end of the season. I don't want to hear an spin on FLS, don't want Dougie or Harlee on their either, let's let our football do our talking or not!
As far as MB needing a "fixer" next season can I put forward a deadly duo of tact and tan that would get things sorted - Bill Benn and Voice. lol
Trouble with them two mate...
They have too many holidays!!!
?
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Excellent post and to further dilute the "Warbs can do no wring" faction I understand the leak to the times was not from our DoF but rather closer to home

What your missus has been leaking Brentford secrets to the Times? Have a word Pipe;).

Seriously though why are we still talking about factions and stirring the pot. We all have our views and they haven't changed much despite rumour, fact, innuendo from numerous people with diverse opinions. Really don't care who leaked what to whom and when.

  • Warbs has been a fantastic manager for us for so many reasons and made a mistake by not strengthening the squad-particularly upfront in Jan- though none of can say if incoming players would have had us any higher up the league but we should have taken a punt. He is not immune from criticism but this should be balanced against all the good things he has brought to this club and the superb style of exciting football we play.
  • Warbs is leaving so big thanks to him for the overall job he did as manager and good luck for the future.
  • MB is a man with a serious vision and will back that and we will all support him in this endeavour.
  • It has been an entertaining season and the players deserve huge credit for that.
  • This club is on the up.

Personally I'm not going to post anymore on this thread, I think all that can be said has been from my viewpoint.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

What your missus has been leaking Brentford secrets to the Times? Have a word Pipe;).

Seriously though why are we still talking about factions and stirring the pot. We all have our views and they haven't changed much despite rumour, fact, innuendo from numerous people with diverse opinions. Really don't care who leaked what to whom and when.

  • Warbs has been a fantastic manager for us for so many reasons and made a mistake by not strengthening the squad-particularly upfront in Jan- though none of can say if incoming players would have had us any higher up the league but we should have taken a punt. He is not immune from criticism but this should be balanced against all the good things he has brought to this club and the superb style of exciting football we play.
  • Warbs is leaving so big thanks to him for the overall job he did as manager and good luck for the future.
  • MB is a man with a serious vision and will back that and we will all support him in this endeavour.
  • It has been an entertaining season and the players deserve huge credit for that.
  • This club is on the up.

Personally I'm not going to post anymore on this thread, I think all that can be said has been from my viewpoint.

Are you sure....... ?
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Trouble with them two mate...
They have too many holidays!!!
?

godfreys abroad so much, that its a holiday for him to come to gp thesedays :sorted::thetruth:

we;re the waldorf and statler of the gpg......it would all end in tears:D:cry:
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Are you missing the point?

Nobody is criticising what MW has achieved other than his refusal to bring in the players in January that could have put us in the premiership. If he put his hands up to that and agreed to go ahead with Benhams structure we would all move on happily looking forward to next season.

MB wants to use the unique information he has at his disposal to bring in quality unknown players like Jota and Andre Gray, he wants to continue to to utilise the academy which has seen 10 players sign professional terms in the last week...outstanding achievement. MW however wants to run the ship in his own way so he is choosing to leave. It is the blatant disregarding of these facts by a group of die hard MW fans that causes so much frustration who either just don't get it or blatantly refuse to see the facts in front of them as to what is really happening. It is not a secret, but there's none so blind as those that will not see (or something)

Corrected it for you.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

I have been on this chat room since its inception around 15-16 years ago and there are certain individuals who you know are worth believing when they say something. Don't ask me why but over the years I have learned who is full of sh*t, who is speculating and who will most likely have real access to the truth. In this case I am fairly sure the MW refusing to bring players in story is coming from those that may be trusted, however if MW is denying this do we really know what happened of is it just hearsay and conjecture?

Off topic, but I thought it was longer than 16 years - anyone know out of interest?
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

I'll admit I've stuck the knife in myself but can we put the Warburton-bashing thread to bed now?

He's made a few mistakes, it's unfortunate that he's being painted as the victim and MB the villain but he's the best manager we've ever had and for the most part the football has been out of this world.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

I'll admit I've stuck the knife in myself but can we put the Warburton-bashing thread to bed now?.

I kinda agree. We run the risk of appearing to be very ungrateful to someone Matt was happy to appoint.

Let's concentrate on two wins and see where that gets us. You never know.....
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

In the same way can we avoid polarising the fans. It's possible to favour and support one of them without automatically vilifying the other. Thanks MW, On we go MB! Do not forget the he's one of our own song tomorrow, I'll look silly singing it just with Mrs BB.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

In the same way can we avoid polarising the fans. It's possible to favour and support one of them without automatically vilifying the other. Thanks MW, On we go MB! Do not forget the he's one of our own song tomorrow, I'll look silly singing it just with Mrs BB.

I will sing along with you but there's noway my missus is coming lol
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Warbs will be on Talkshite with Alan Brazil this morning evidently.

Will be interesting to listen to if anyone can post a link after. I note that his tone has changed recently from "Didn't think the new set up was for us" to "The board has made their decision".
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Will be interesting to listen to if anyone can post a link after. I note that his tone has changed recently from "Didn't think the new set up was for us" to "The board has made their decision".

Just tuned in no Alan Brazil though sounds like motormouth Danny Kelly is hosting the show.Hope he's on soon can't stand the never ending adverts on this station..
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Will be interesting to listen to if anyone can post a link after. I note that his tone has changed recently from "Didn't think the new set up was for us" to "The board has made their decision".

Nothing learned there usual stuff from Warbs talented squad,Pritchard will become a top player,good young players along with experienced players,78 points will be a great season bla bla.He was asked if he's spoken to any clubs regarding future job and he said he and David have just concentrated on Brentford and hadn't spoken to any clubs and will wait till end of season to see if his phone rings..........lol
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Working from the same script, then. Next season's Head Coach will make a change but maybe it will be like Poccitino at Southampton, where he was given an "interpreter" to ensure he didn't say anything controversial.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Just heard that.......all respect to MW for what has been achieved this season (to late to carry on moaning about January etc)......always thought he came across well,but listening to that and other interviews,same old same old, too late for learning etc.....cheers for the good times MW, look forward to the next few games and then it's time to move on.
Wish him well in whatever comes next and hope we get an announcement from MB by the end of May so as too stop speculation.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Just heard that.......all respect to MW for what has been achieved this season (to late to carry on moaning about January etc)......always thought he came across well,but listening to that and other interviews,same old same old, too late for learning etc.....cheers for the good times MW, look forward to the next few games and then it's time to move on.
Wish him well in whatever comes next and hope we get an announcement from MB by the end of May so as too stop speculation.

Quite right,I would add he would be an idiot if he waited till the end of the season before he spoke to any potential employers.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Can't work out if this belongs here or in the club statement thread but here goes.

On the basis that we only know about the "disagreement" because of all that was reported earlier in the year, what would have been the reaction had the discussions still taken place but kept under wraps, we finish in the top six and the MW and MB put out a statement saying they were going their separate ways?
 
Last edited:

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Quite right,I would add he would be an idiot if he waited till the end of the season before he spoke to any potential employers.

The stupid thing is everyone knows he will have naturally spoken to clubs/agents etc about his next move. Even John Hartson who asked the question said 'Before I ask you the question I know what your answer will be!!", so why ask the bl*ody question in the first place!!!!!

I haven't got a problem with him speaking to other potential employers as he's got to look after himself but he's hardly gonna come out and say "yeah, I've agreed to manage Fulham next season!!" and then face 3.500 p1ssed Bees in the away end at Reading tomorrow!!!!
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

I haven't got a problem with him speaking to other potential employers as he's got to look after himself

Completely agree. As someone currently under the threat of redundancy, if my employer thinks I am going to sit around working away until the fateful day and then find myself with nothing to move on to, I'm sorry but they are deluded
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Can't work out if this belongs here or in the club statement thread but here goes.

On the basis that we only know about the "disagreement" because of all that was reported earlier in the year, what would have been the reaction had the discussions still taken place but kept under wraps, we finish in the top six and the MW and MB put out a statement saying they were going there separate ways?

Would have been much better this way
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

The stupid thing is everyone knows he will have naturally spoken to clubs/agents etc about his next move. Even John Hartson who asked the question said 'Before I ask you the question I know what your answer will be!!", so why ask the bl*ody question in the first place!!!!!

I haven't got a problem with him speaking to other potential employers as he's got to look after himself but he's hardly gonna come out and say "yeah, I've agreed to manage Fulham next season!!" and then face 3.500 p1ssed Bees in the away end at Reading tomorrow!!!!

How poor is Hartson as a broadcaster,but then that is the first requirement to work for that station.lol
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Can't work out if this belongs here or in the club statement thread but here goes.

On the basis that we only know about the "disagreement" because of all that was reported earlier in the year, what would have been the reaction had the discussions still taken place but kept under wraps, we finish in the top six and the MW and MB put out a statement saying they were going there separate ways?


Think most would agree that would have been the best solution and then there would have been a seamless change of management and too many other things to discuss going forward.But obviously it was a decision MW made to go to the press for reasons only he knows.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Think most would agree that would have been the best solution and then there would have been a seamless change of management and too many other things to discuss going forward.But obviously it was a decision MW made to go to the press for reasons only he knows.

And we all DO KNOW by now - surely - why MB was talking to another manager in the first place?
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

I think the main down-side of the revelation is that the players unconsciously drop their performance under a management team that will have no influence on their future. A game like Craven Cottage fires them up, then it all drops off a fraction.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Completely agree. As someone currently under the threat of redundancy, if my employer thinks I am going to sit around working away until the fateful day and then find myself with nothing to move on to, I'm sorry but they are deluded

You don't have an admin job in Royal Mail then where you are expected to do exactly that! :sad:
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Will be interesting to listen to if anyone can post a link after. I note that his tone has changed recently from "Didn't think the new set up was for us" to "The board has made their decision".

Yes. Indeed.

Here's to 6 points.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

MW really is good with words...

Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the Union speech. And I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman...
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

Can't work out if this belongs here or in the club statement thread but here goes.

On the basis that we only know about the "disagreement" because of all that was reported earlier in the year, what would have been the reaction had the discussions still taken place but kept under wraps, we finish in the top six and the MW and MB put out a statement saying they were going their separate ways?

I'd probably have thought "blimey, at least it didn't get leaked during the season, our form could have really dropped off".
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

I reckon it'd be an odd choice for him as a manager to stay in west London if not with Brentford. QPR and Fulham both have crackpot owners and the less said about QPR's finances, the better. Newcastle are holding onto Carver and a lot has been said about McClaren going to the north east, Derby would be his best bet if that were to be the case.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

He is a very clever man and a great talker/ambassador...will have a great future in football but not in our structure.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

He is a very clever man and a great talker/ambassador...will have a great future in football but not in our structure.

Agree with your first bit. Only time will tell re the second. We have seen a degree of inflexibility in our tactics and it should be remembered that when he took over he did so in a work in progress. It has taken four seasons to evolve to where we are and he may not find such a supportive or forgiving environment elsewhere.
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

He is a very clever man and a great talker/ambassador...will have a great future in football but not in our structure.

Personally from afar I think he's coming across as a t w a t because he is over egging his hand. He's playing up to the media and perhaps its a guilt complex but enough.

MB has played this very well IMHO as anyone coming in knows he wont play the media game and what you see is what you get however if you mess with him you end up with the horses head in your pillow in the morning...
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

MW really is good with words...

Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the Union speech. And I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman...

Alternatively, with apologies to George Bush : "Read my lips. No new strikers."
 

Warbs Programme Notes v Bolton

I kinda agree. We run the risk of appearing to be very ungrateful to someone Matt was happy to appoint.

rofl Why start the thread and stoke the fire in the first place then?
 
Back
Top Bottom