Wycombe Match reports

Wycombe Match reports

He's 16, he supports a team that were 9 points clear and he's a ****. I think it's time to leave him alone, some boys do business in toilets so perhaps his job premises weren't up to scratch and thus his takings were down.:idea:

Anyway, Sam Williams must start on Tuesday.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Just got in...pity we could not nick it at the end though....good team effort all through...for me Hunt was MOM...off to get some kip now....YOU REDS....:sorted:
 

Wycombe Match reports

Brilliant game, brilliant crowd, brilliant manager, brilliant club!!! Haven't enjoyed a match so much for years. Atmosphere in the Ealing Road end was electric. Very proud Bees supporter, got me dreaming again of getting into the Championship playing in a new stadium in front of 15,000+ crowds!! :)
 

Wycombe Match reports

seen the red card on the Championship. Blatant.

I def saw a push for their second, problem was the lino was on the other side
 

Wycombe Match reports

Best game all season by a country mile :sorted:

MOM Hunt, special mention to Wood, Halls, and Williams.
Great to see the faces of the Wycombe fans leaving the ground, like they knew the title is gone..
 

Wycombe Match reports

Just to add to a few of your points then I'm off.

I'm a wise 16 year old and very very loyal.

You have Champange :O, that might give the reason as to why some of your supportes see it acceptable to get sent out.
Been to a Wycombe - Brentford match or vice versa probably the most and every time at least 1 has been a completer and utter dick and been sent out.
Makes me laugh because usually stewards surround the away end, not at your place, surrond you yobs.

Lost the title?
We weren't thinking about the title. We realised before it had most probably gone we just want to go up due to all our previous chokes we just need to get out this league.

Also I spoke about the facilities because I'd already mentioned how good the game was and I was amazed at the facilities.
I live in Flackwell Heath and there access to toilets is only just worse.

And mate, if you live in Wooburn, why do you support Brentford?

Forgotten what other pathetic things have been said since my last post but I can't be bothered on here anymore. Have things to talk about on my own board.

See you all next year hopefully.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Just to add to a few of your points then I'm off.

I'm a wise 16 year old and very very loyal.

You have Champange :O, that might give the reason as to why some of your supportes see it acceptable to get sent out.
Been to a Wycombe - Brentford match or vice versa probably the most and every time at least 1 has been a completer and utter dick and been sent out.
Makes me laugh because usually stewards surround the away end, not at your place, surrond you yobs.

Lost the title?
We weren't thinking about the title. We realised before it had most probably gone we just want to go up due to all our previous chokes we just need to get out this league.

Also I spoke about the facilities because I'd already mentioned how good the game was and I was amazed at the facilities.
I live in Flackwell Heath and there access to toilets is only just worse.

And mate, if you live in Wooburn, why do you support Brentford?

Forgotten what other pathetic things have been said since my last post but I can't be bothered on here anymore. Have things to talk about on my own board.

See you all next year hopefully.

OK. Feel free to jog on son. on the facilities point, if I remember rightly, Adams Park away lavs have no roof ( or was i too pissed and had a gypsies up the stand).:confused:
 

Wycombe Match reports

Just to add to a few of your points then I'm off.

I'm a wise 16 year old and very very loyal.

You have Champange :O, that might give the reason as to why some of your supportes see it acceptable to get sent out.
Been to a Wycombe - Brentford match or vice versa probably the most and every time at least 1 has been a completer and utter dick and been sent out.
Makes me laugh because usually stewards surround the away end, not at your place, surrond you yobs.

Lost the title?
We weren't thinking about the title. We realised before it had most probably gone we just want to go up due to all our previous chokes we just need to get out this league.

Also I spoke about the facilities because I'd already mentioned how good the game was and I was amazed at the facilities.
I live in Flackwell Heath and there access to toilets is only just worse.


nd mate, if you live in Wooburn, why do you support Brentford?

Forgotten what other pathetic things have been said since my last post but I can't be bothered on here anymore. Have things to talk about on my own board.

See you all next year hopefully.

I think it's time for one of Hairman's "special" postings..............:sorted:
 

Wycombe Match reports

Give it a rest Wycombe, you've outstayed your welcome now. This is a match reports thread.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Just to add to a few of your points then I'm off.

I'm a wise 16 year old and very very loyal.

You have Champange :O, that might give the reason as to why some of your supportes see it acceptable to get sent out.
Been to a Wycombe - Brentford match or vice versa probably the most and every time at least 1 has been a completer and utter dick and been sent out.
Makes me laugh because usually stewards surround the away end, not at your place, surrond you yobs.

Lost the title?
We weren't thinking about the title. We realised before it had most probably gone we just want to go up due to all our previous chokes we just need to get out this league.

Also I spoke about the facilities because I'd already mentioned how good the game was and I was amazed at the facilities.
I live in Flackwell Heath and there access to toilets is only just worse.

And mate, if you live in Wooburn, why do you support Brentford?

Forgotten what other pathetic things have been said since my last post but I can't be bothered on here anymore. Have things to talk about on my own board.

See you all next year hopefully.

I know you're only sixteen but nobody was at school yesterday. This is a football forum so lets have some proper protocol. At football matches you get "chucked out", "kicked out". "ejected", etc. You get "sent out" at school. How very Buckinghamshire twee is that ? Bless ! You can just see the stewards in the Paddock saying to the mob "Right, that's twice I've told you to sit down and behave you're very naughty boys. Go out and stand in the Braemar Rd forecourt until you can behave yourselves properly"
 
Last edited:

Wycombe Match reports

Personally sad to have missed this game. From what I have read it seemed to be a great advert for League 2 football. Also delighted that we had a 10,000 plus crowd, bet the old stadium was buzzing.

It's nice to see that we maintained our lead and if we can get all three points on Tuesday (not easy with Lester playing for the opposition), then we will certainly be in the driving seat for the final run in.
 

Wycombe Match reports

And mate, if you live in Wooburn, why do you support Brentford?

Because I'm a gloryhunter.

Now on a serious note I would say the following.

Fair play for supporting your local pro side, I can't complain about that and wish other teenagers did the same thing.

There is no problem coming on our message board and giving opinions but you have to accept that if you come on here and call our place a sh*thole etc etc then of course that will provoke a certain reaction won't it ?

I bid you a good day young man and I won't have a major problem with Wycombe getting promoted this season as it should make for another good game next year.
 

Wycombe Match reports

what a very special day at GP, who would have thought that my sons first game would only be tarnished by the noise generated, absolutely fantastic stuff.

As for the game, Bees 3 Akinde 3 - Taylor can thank his lucky stars he has bagged him on loan, the rest of their team looked distinctively average. Everyone played well for the Bees. A real special day :sorted:
 

Wycombe Match reports

They were a big team and won a large number of headers and there seemed to a few arms flailing around. We didn't seem to be able to cope with the aeriel threat when defending and also, when attacking, we tried putting a number of balls in the air ie the long throws and their no. 5 (Holt??) won everything. Their huge Crouch like sub came on just after Williams was introduced and he too was very effective at heading. Happy with the point though would have loved it had that late late effort been allowed.
 

Wycombe Match reports

I think it's time for one of Hairman's "special" postings..............:sorted:

No I can't do it - he's so young bless him :nono: But he is though isn't he? ;)
 

Wycombe Match reports

A really cracking game. Akinde is probably what Wycombe have been missing for some time. The crowd was staggering, best atmosphere since Reading at home 2002, though I saw many old faces who I find it a little irkesome have waited until now to show their faces again. Let's hpe they make more than the one attendance again this season.

The sending off looked harsh at first from D block but seeing the slow motion on The Championship can see why it was given, though Matty H could have gone before then. Was disappointed by the Mouss too - thought e was better than his antics :nono:

I have liked the look of Sam W since his first touch the other night and it was a terrific equaliser. An absolute fair result - we were so on top when Wycombe got their 2nd equaliser but they defended very well.

We have a very good team out there, plenty of quality and a strong spine. Tell me, are their any doubters left?
 

Wycombe Match reports

About 5000 Tuesday

Your get 5000 Tuesday because Chesterfield won't bring anywhere near the 1500 loyal supporters we brought today.

.

Of course they ****ing won't because its miles and its a Tuesday night. Furthermore while they've got a chance of making the playoffs due to their games in hands it a big ask.

You on the other hand were 25 miles down the road and playing a massive game over promotion on a Saturday.

The Chesterfield fans who do turn up will be a lot more loyal IMO.

Trying to make out that your fans are better then Chesterfield on this basis is one of the most rose tinted views i've seen in some time.
 

Wycombe Match reports

seen the red card on the Championship. Blatant.

I def saw a push for their second, problem was the lino was on the other side

I thought the same on both counts. WW have been immensly lucky all season with last miute winners and equalisers particularly that appalling dive by harrold in one game before xmas where they got a penalty winner in injury time. I have been expecting their luck to run out at some stage but it seems to be dragging on a bit.

On the other hand we have had some shocking decisions with elders red cards and then the lack of cards in assaults on our players. Oh well, we have clawed back a 9 point deficit and turned it into a 7 point lead in a few months so I expect WW still may be caught by the chasing pack.
 

Wycombe Match reports

You always get a few dickhead fans. GP has got soul...and its only 104 odd years old...

Back to the match! Great game for the neutral! Great atmophere!! Wood was outstanding :love2:

Hunt did brilliantly in midfield, he could give KOC a run for his money when he is back.

Well done Hunt and Williams for there first goals for the club. Hopefully they can both get a few more before the season is out.

another one down. 9 to go.
 

Wycombe Match reports

The way that Akinde made relatively easy work of both of our quality defenders leads me to think he'll have a field day in this league.

They don't concede goals the problem as been at the other end and I think he'll address that for them.
 

Wycombe Match reports

But you were in the away end - what do you expect. :confused:

We have Champagne and Oyster bars in the home end and immigrants in the toilets who spray fancy smelling stuff on your hands after you've relieved yourself.

Very funny - best laugh of the day! :wave:
 

Wycombe Match reports

About 5000 Tuesday
As we sang endlessly your only here cos it's Wycombe
Which you were. You had so many because of how good a game it was going to be.
Your get 5000 Tuesday because Chesterfield won't bring anywhere near the 1500 loyal supporters we brought today.

By the way, your ground.
Nice on inside, but inside around food and toilets its the biggest sh*thole ever.

Mug. You'll always be non-league to us.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Mug. You'll always be non-league to us.

As I always say when a Wycombe fan annoys me....

.... I've seen you play Harrow Borough in the Isthmian League. lol
 

Wycombe Match reports

still on a high after yesterday.

great day, first home game i've been to due to work (don't finish till 1/2pm, managed to do some manipulating for this one) and finance (a fair drive and NO bees supporters in bumpkinland to share costs).

so good to see GP rammed, makes me not want to move grounds.

only other game i've been too is exeter away and going by those 2 games i'd say we deserve a top 3 spot.

just great. i was with my dad (who's over from saudi for the 2 home games) and we were baffled by the HAPPY atmosphere, not felt the like at GP for years.

oh - coming on tuesday, 100%. totally realise that tuesdays are a different kettle of fish, less kids can make it etc... but all those who can, should.

onwards. upwards.
 

Wycombe Match reports

A very good match report on the WW site. I have to say having read it and the comments of Peter Taylor my angst for them as locals has all but gone. Very fair comments and much better than we have seen of late from others in L2. Hopefully both teams will go up.............. us as champs of course:sorted:
 

Wycombe Match reports

A very good match report on the WW site. I have to say having read it and the comments of Peter Taylor my angst for them as locals has all but gone. Very fair comments and much better than we have seen of late from others in L2. Hopefully both teams will go up.............. us as champs of course:sorted:

When Peter Taylor was asked a question in the press conference about how great the Wycombe fans were, he instead spent the next minute or so saying how wonderful the Brentford fans were and how pleased he was as a London club that we were doing well!
 

Wycombe Match reports

When Peter Taylor was asked a question in the press conference about how great the Wycombe fans were, he instead spent the next minute or so saying how wonderful the Brentford fans were and how pleased he was as a London club that we were doing well!

Suprising considering how easily the Paddock got to him before the second half.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Taylor is a decent bloke. Draw was fair. Wanderers might still be in the play offs.
 

Wycombe Match reports

I've seen the highlights now and having initially been unsure about Docherty's red, I see that he telegraphed his intention to the ref first. I thought at the time the disallowed goal was an iffy offside decision and it looks even more iffy now I've seen it again.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Can only be proud to be a bee after occasions like that. Seeing the huge crowd was incredible and the atmosphere throughout was unbelievable.

Both teams were a credit to themselves and the division, everyone gave it their all and it was great entertainment from start to finish.

The game itself was strange, for two very good defences both teams looked nervy at the back and struggled to deal with crosses. The first four goals all came from crosses and it just shows how important set pieces are at this level.

Akinde up front for Wycombe gave us more problems than any other player this season that I can remember. Big, strong and very raw, you could see he'd come from non-league in that he was up for the battle, the third goal was sheer class.

I felt the sending off changed the game, Doherty was picking up loose balls and stopping us playing, I still don't get why Wycombe fans decided to applaud him off, surely they must have known that his recklessness may come back to haunt them.

After the sending off we bombarded them but the excellent Leon Johnson won everything in the air and I was just starting to accept defeat when Williams finished well to equalise. A fair result as the last half hour Wycombe couldn't get out of their half.

Dickson coming off was a big moment in the game. Johnson's barely kicked a ball since xmas and you could tell when he was caught in posession by Akinde who went on to score. Halls put in a really composed performance and probably offers more in the position than Osborne or Newton do.

When was the last time we had 70 points in mid march?

Great to see Griffin Park packed to the rafters, but as others have said I really felt like going up to some familiar faces and saying 'where the f**k have you been for the last three years?!'.

Hamer-5- One good save in the first half but didn't take crosses as well as he normally does and might have done better for the third goal.
Halls-7- Very composed and used the ball well when going forward, really starting to find his best form.
Dickson-6- Had a tough opponent but linked well with Wood as ever. Big blow when he went off.
Phillips-6- Made some vital clearances but found it tough today.
Bennett-6- Perhaps could have done better for the third goal but mainly solid again.
Newton-5- Performance rather summed up his season, inconsistent. Some good crosses but not involved enough to justify selection.
Wood-7- Was up against an impressive right back in Casement but gave his all once again and had a couple of very good shots.
Bean-6- He loves these types of games and his play was really box to box, some poor passes let him down a little though.
Hunt-8- MOTM- Had the tough task of coming in for O'Connor but really excelled. Nice passes, great delivery from set pieces and his throw ins are a real asset. With him, Bean, Kev and Smith we really have strength in depth in central midfield.
Rhodes-7- Got a much needed goal and looked something like his normal self today.
MacDonald-6- Not his day today and almost fluffed the third goal before Williams put it in. Still can't fault his effort and commitment.

Subs
Johnson-4- Mistake cost us third goal and he looked very rusty. Can hardly blame him since he hasn't played in months. Begs the question do we need a reserve team?
S Williams-7- Looks a very, very good player. Gets involved and has a great touch, finished well for the goal and could well start against Chesterfield.

Fans 10/10 What a great sight it was at 2.55pm seeing a packed GP on their feet welcoming the players onto the pitch, and then at 4.50pm every single one of them standing to applaud them off again. Let's hope they all come back on tuesday.
 

Wycombe Match reports

I forgot, did anyone else have a better view than me of Phillips' offside goal that was disallowed? I've just seen the highlights and i'm sure he was level with some of Wycombe's players.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Great atmosphere and an end-to-end game.

On the balance of play, I think we deserved to win, but having got possibly undeserved wins against Bury and Barnet recently, we can't complain - and the win maintained our margin at the top with fewer games to go

Can we get in an early plea to Bristol City to loan us Akinde next season: he looked the most dangerous forward I've seen against us this season by some way.
 

Wycombe Match reports

He was certainly offside.

:yes: The first thing I looked for when Phillips received the ball was the linesman's flag - he looked well off from where I was sitting so I wasn't surprised when the flag went up. Shame, as it would've made for one hell of a finish !
 

Wycombe Match reports

What a game! Most exciting game I can remember at GP for a good while and so pleased that we rose to the occasion.
The obvious difference between the two teams was Akinde, I agree with Taylor, his second goal was Premiership level IMO. I remember Dele Adebola carving us up in a similar way when he played for Crewe. Size, Power and most importantly fast with the ball. I felt sorry for Johnson to come in to such an atmosphere and I don't think it is fair to blame him too much for the goal, players like Akinde are unplayable at times.
Very impressed by Hunt... why did Shrewsbury let him go! his display today reminded me a bit of another midfielder we got from Shrewsbury and that's some compliment.

Felt sorry for Phillips and Bennett, they got a bit of a mauling :eek: but at the same time showed their quality to stand up to it as best they could.
Having criticised Halls a lot, I have to say he is now showing he is a higher level player, very good and calming influence (without dithering ;) )
Great crowd, great passion and we showed we have the "minerals"
Football as it should be, proud of the club, players, manager and supporters!
UP THE BEES!
 
Last edited:

Wycombe Match reports

:yes: The first thing I looked for when Phillips received the ball was the linesman's flag - he looked well off from where I was sitting so I wasn't surprised when the flag went up. Shame, as it would've made for one hell of a finish !

I wasn't sure if he was offside when the ball was struck, or if he was just in an offside position after it had deflected off a Wycombe player... Haven't seen a replay though, so I'm sure you're right.

But never mind. Great day out, fantastic to see so many people at GP again... Bring on tuesday night. :sorted:
 

Wycombe Match reports

I'm not going to link it but some Wycombe fan has put an account on a site where he details a kicking that he and his lot got after the game. Like minded people going at one another is fine IMO but he sounds like a bloke having a pint and a chat with Bees fans in the Royal Oak, a big shame if it happened.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Whats the deal with the two kicked out from our end that the Wycombe fans are on about?

Have we attracted that usual .5% of morons that only show up for the big games - the type of moron that will be on the pitch at the end of the Luton game more interested in goading their fans than celebrating for the right reasons?
 

Wycombe Match reports

How the hell has Mousinho made the team of the weekend in the Sun, listed as a centre back, and playing for Brentford?
 

Wycombe Match reports

How the hell has Mousinho made the team of the weekend in the Sun, listed as a centre back, and playing for Brentford?

a goalscoring centre half ? sign him up i say
 

Wycombe Match reports

Whats the deal with the two kicked out from our end that the Wycombe fans are on about?

Have we attracted that usual .5% of morons that only show up for the big games - the type of moron that will be on the pitch at the end of the Luton game more interested in goading their fans than celebrating for the right reasons?

More than 0.5%, there was a lot more moaning and slating of our players, most didn't have a clue of who half the team were. Should be back to normal tomorrow.
 

Wycombe Match reports

The uncle of a friens of mine who was a guest of Hospitality peeps said afterwards "Brentford were very poor" :rolleyes:

You really have to laugh :(
 

Wycombe Match reports

More than 0.5%, there was a lot more moaning and slating of our players, most didn't have a clue of who half the team were. Should be back to normal tomorrow.

A geezer near to me remarked **** off Johnson your sh*t more than once.

I also saw two plastic bottles, coins and a lighter launched from the Ealing Road end as well. Mugs. :nono:
 

Wycombe Match reports

A geezer near to me remarked **** off Johnson your sh*t more than once.

:

Perhaps he mean't Gary Johnson from a few decades ago? A lapsed Bees fan and all that:idea:
Now he was sh*t but has ****ed off, thankfully.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Doherty, out for 4 games and will not be available until Easter Saturday.
 

Wycombe Match reports

Soundbites from D block.

"Who scored?"
"Justin"
"Justin who"
"Justin Rhodes"
"We bought him from Ipswich last season"

"What's his name?"
"Who"
"Number xx"
Consults program on the sly for the answer.

Etc.

Big crowds are lovely. I'm not knocking them at all. But it will be nice to get back to being (sparsely) surrounded by better informed nutters on Tuesday night.
 
Back
Top Bottom